God, Human hearts

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
Here are some questions.

If God can tell me something to tell somebody can't He tell the person directly?

Why do we need to preach the gospel of Christ when God can put His words directly into our heart?

Do we really know anything about God or we are being misled?

YOu can never taste what am tasting unless you are in the same shoe with me.

I believe you will be fast to condemn me if after making my cake, I add poison to it. That I see as the same with creation.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
God might not tell a person directly because he also wants to teach that person humility, that they need the others in the body of Christ. The preaching of the gospel is as much about shining the light to the world as it is about it being a test of the faithfulness and love of those who preach it. This life is a test, Jude. God is looking to see who will turn to him. If we do, and receive something from him, he is looking to see if we are faithful.

I think that is atleast one aspect of this. :)

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
This life is a test, Jude. God is looking to see who will turn to him. If we do, and receive something from him, he is looking to see if we are faithful.

I think that is atleast one aspect of this. :)

Thanks but if this life is a test that means since God knows the beginning and the end, He already knows who will fail and who will pass! It also means that humans are not created equally and we are being used unfairly.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Only if you believe that, Jude! ;)

God actually tells us that he has set before us life and death, and we choose. We are given the choice. God judges fairly; if someone receives much, much is expected of him. If one receives little, little is expected of him.

We do make our choices with what we are given. We can take the easy way out, or the hard character building way.

I know there's alot of 'christian doctrine' that goes around saying it's all predestination and we have nothing to do with it, but that doesn't mean you have to believe it! It's not in the word either. The word always says 'if'. If we endure... If we persevere... It is a choice :)

God bless you

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
Every word we say gives birth to another question which could add to our understanding.

Talking about predestination, what do you have to say about Jeremiah 1 verses 5? which says " Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations." or what would you say about Judas Iscarriot? what about the life I am living?

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
God gave us His written Word to guide us. It is the Standard for Christians to live by. To be guided by your heart will destroy you. Stick with His written Word and you will be safely guided into His Kingdom.

Psalms 119:105 (NKJV)
105 Your word is a lamp to my feet And a light to my path.

Prentis

May 25, 2011
Montreal, Qc
Every word we say gives birth to another question which could add to our understanding.

Talking about predestination, what do you have to say about Jeremiah 1 verses 5? which says " Before I formed you in the womb I knew you; Before you were born I sanctified you; I ordained you a prophet to the nations." or what would you say about Judas Iscarriot? what about the life I am living?

I think God calls some people. That doesn't mean Jeremiah couldn't of failed. It just means he was called. As it says, many are called, few are chosen. Solomon is a good example of this. God had a will for him, he followed for some time, but failed in the end.

Otherwise this one part of scripture would disagree with other parts :)

God does predestine some people, they receive more than others, but to whoever more is given, more is expected of them, so it all balances itself out.