God is in control: A Word from the Lord to those who will receive

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you trying to say God has a rule for Himself, one for John, and another for His people? THAT'S RIDICULOUS, OF COURSE!

Listen my opinion does not amount to anything. If you feel my understanding of scripture is incorrect, then furnish some verses and tell me I'm in error and we'll reason together. Just as I've challenged your understanding of Acts 2 which you seem to be avoiding.
No. I am saying you have misunderstood Scripture. God is not bound by any rule. God's commands reflect God's own nature.

It appears your confusion is that you seem to hold the Bible as the cosmic guide to the universe, the rules that bind God and man. You can never grasp Scripture with that approach.

But your error is in assuming God no longer works in the lives of His people because we have Scripture. The Bible tells us God sent a Helper.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It appears your confusion is that you seem to hold the Bible as the cosmic guide to the universe, the rules that bind God and man. You can never grasp Scripture with that approach.
It's because you have not read Psalms 138:2. Hereby, lies all your opinions...just opinions!

But your error is in assuming God no longer works in the lives of His people because we have Scripture. The Bible tells us God sent a Helper.

I never assume anything when it comes to the things of God for I know the consequence. I may not understand a passage but I do accompany what I say with Scripture whenever possible. And that's the beauty about forums. Someone may be able to direct you to the right path or verse. In contrast, there are those hardness of heart who can steer you the wrong way also as themselves have but opinions.

You say God sent us a Helper, why then not do as He says? Jesus said, He (Holy Spirit) shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever He had said unto you that is, the Gospel.

You introduced Acts 2 yet you had no inkling at all as to its' context. FYI, the context begins in Acts 1. Perhaps and with prayer, the Holy Spirit may bring to you all remembrance what Jesus had said concerning the Gospel found only in the Bible.

To God Be The Glory

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's because you have not read Psalms 138:2. Hereby, lies all your opinions...just opinions!

I never assume anything when it comes to the things of God for I know the consequence. I may not understand a passage but I do accompany what I say with Scripture whenever possible. And that's the beauty about forums. Someone may be able to direct you to the right path or verse. In contrast, there are those hardness of heart who can steer you the wrong way also as themselves have but opinions.

You say God sent us a Helper, why then not do as He says? Jesus said, He (Holy Spirit) shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever He had said unto you that is, the Gospel.

You introduced Acts 2 yet you had no inkling at all as to its' context. FYI, the context begins in Acts 1. Perhaps and with prayer, the Holy Spirit may bring to you all remembrance what Jesus had said concerning the Gospel found only in the Bible.

To God Be The Glory
You are confused - I have read not only Psalm 138:2 but the entire psalm.

Acts 2 proves your opinion wrong.

God NEVER violates His own word.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are confused - I have read not only Psalm 138:2 but the entire psalm.

Am I suppose to believe you have the gist of the Book of Psalms? Where/what is your proof of reason?

Acts 2 proves your opinion wrong.

What opinion?

I see you're not willing to learn and so this is my last communicae with you.
May God give you wisdom

To God Be The Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.