God is in control: A Word from the Lord to those who will receive

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

you have your beliefs, I have my testimonies so at this point there is no reason to continue to debate......we can agree to disagree.:)

But guess what, what God spoke to me in prayer is already manifesting....I have a lot of anticipation about Pentecost Sunday...we shall see.

It is not a matter of "you have your beliefs, I have my testimonies" or "we can agree to disagree," rather it should be about "what does the Bible have to say?"

And, the Bible says we are NOT to add or take away from God's word; and you are in denial of Revelation 22. It is between you and God. I was merely echoing what He has declared.

To God Be The Glory

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have never heard audible voices
By that, I assume you mean except by using your physical ears. Someone hearing audible voices and who thinks they could be coming through his physical ears is confused. It's not an ideal situation.
[Rather the communications arise in my mind as ideas which I know are not my ideas.]
Where are we told to expect any such "communication"?
Paul gives a warning about ideas that pop up. Do we ask where they come from?

2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh:
4 (For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds; )
5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

We are also warned about how the Devil tries to deceive people. Every bad thought that pops up in our minds are not our own. Rejecting such thoughts as undesirable and embracing good thoughts instead is a way of not giving way to the Dark Side.

James 4:7 Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

It's true. The man tempted to commit adultery could go kiss his wife when he thinks bad thoughts about other women. Do something good instead when you have a bad thought. The temptations of the Devil can be used to remind us to do good; and do that enough, you may find the Devil fleeing, giving up. Now you may not know if the bad thought was yours or the Devil's -- but it doesn't matter too much. Either way, you will find such bad thoughts tend to go away if you bring every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ.

How do you know they are not"your ideas"?
My own ideas are the result of two things: First, I am observing things in reality and thinking about them as a result. If someone knocks at my door, I will think, "I hear someone knocking." My thought is related to something happening around me. Second, nothing may be happening around me, but I'm contemplating things. There is a mental process going on that I can observe. If I want to multiply 26 times 3 in my mind, my thoughts may go like this, "20 times 3 is 60, and 6 times 3 is 18, and 60 plus 18 is 78, so the answer is 78."

Ideas that come from outside myself are not like either of those two. They appear suddenly without my needing to "think about" things. I can give you an example. When I was reading Revelation, an angel would sometimes tell me to stop and look something up. Now the angel could have told me what he wanted me to know; but he didn't do it that way. He'd tell me to look it up. The most fascinating example of that involved the words "Amen," "faithful" and "true." When I looked the words up in Hebrew, I found out they were all spelled with the same three consonants A-M-N. Of course, that wasn't true in Greek or English. I found other places where that kind of thing happened when the angel told me to look things up.

When a prophet says something like, "The Word of God came" he means God sent him an idea, an idea so complete, it could contain pictures and sounds.

We also read how Jesus could read minds. He never got confused about whose thoughts belonged to who. Every person is unique; and every thought that comes from that person has something like an identification mark or stamp on it.

[Sometimes they may contan "words" in English, other times no -- other times it's the idea and I would need to supply words myself to try to tell others.]
If you are supplying the words, can it be said to be a revelation from God?
If I showed you a picture and asked you what it was, you'd supply your own words to the best of your ability. Some visions are like that too. The prophet is shown something; and if his mind is working right, he will supply the right words. Think about Jeremiah.

Jer 1:11 Moreover the word of the LORD came unto me, saying, Jeremiah, what seest thou? And I said, I see a rod of an almond tree.
12 Then said the LORD unto me, Thou hast well seen: for I will hasten my word to perform it.

Does that make sense? In English, not too much. It starts to make more sense if you look at the Hebrew. "Almond tree" is "shaqed" and "hasten" is "shaqad." (Vowels don't matter that much in written Hebrew.)

[For example, in a vision, I may see things without words being used.]

This differs from a normal daydream in what way?
My daydreams are not very vivid; and I'm aware that I'm creating the objects in my own imagination. A vision is different since it's much more vivid and I'm not involved in thinking things up, I'm observing things. I may be thinking, but it's as an observer. I know it's not my mind making things happen.

[Almost everyone has the ability to receive ideas like that, but few don't when awake.]

Are you thinking of any place in the bible that teaches this?
Yes, certainly. When Israel came out of Egypt, all were given the chance to hear the Voice of God. They did not want to hear it. Indeed they heard it as a threatening loud trumpet sound and perceived very little of the intelligence in it. They could understand the Decalogue, the Ten Sayings which are often called the Ten Commandments. The rest they could not understand since their hearts were hard and they refused to soften them. They wanted Moses to act as intercessor for them. They wanted Moses to talk with God and then tell them about it. So they got the Written Word -- the Torah -- after rejecting the Living Word.

David in his day urged people to be willing to hear the Voice of God for themselves.

Psalm 95:6 O come, let us worship and bow down: let us kneel before the Lord our maker.
7 For he is our God; and we are the people of his pasture, and the sheep of his hand. To day if ye will hear his voice,
8 Harden not your heart, as in the provocation, and as in the day of temptation in the wilderness:
9 When your fathers tempted me, proved me, and saw my work.
10 Forty years long was I grieved with this generation, and said, It is a people that do err in their heart, and they have not known my ways:
11 Unto whom I sware in my wrath that they should not enter into my rest.

The Gospel is preached from Heaven too.

Revelation 14:6 And I saw another angel fly in the midst of heaven, having the everlasting gospel to preach unto them that dwell on the earth, and to every nation, and kindred, and tongue, and people,

Everyone in Paul's day had received the Gospel, one way or another. Everyone.

Colossians 1:23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

It was preached then to every living creature; and it continues to be preached from Heaven to everyone.

More later since this post is probably already too long.

Last edited:
Reactions: John Caldwell

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John, I am merely saying test the wisdom behind the prophecy. It has vain imagination written all over it. I believe in God's power and His Spirit so much, that I would never relegate it to such a mundane, reiterated and over-used rhetoric. Like I said, I could give that exact same 'prophecy', just from the top of my head. I find it offensive that she claims this to be God's power, and not that I don't believe in God's intervention in His believer's lives.
I understand what you are saying, but I believe that you need to go forward with caution.

What part of the information that @Heart2Soul claimed God has given do you find contrary to Scripture? Or is it the "method" that you reject? It seems that you are not testing what is actually given but questioning @Heart2Soul 's experience itself.

What was said in the OP is not contrary to Scripture. The action called for (that we pray and turn from wickedness) is not contrary to Scripture. The theme of the message, that God is in control and we should not fear, is not contrary to Scripture.

Time will tell if the virus ends suddenly, defying every static and scientific study. I hope it does. If it does not then there is an issue with the message of the OP.

I do not know for a fact if God spoke to @Heart2Soul . That is not something that can be factually known and I have not known @Heart2Soul long enough to have an opinion. What was said is not a revelation that would be an addition to Scripture and it is not contrary to Scripture (it reinforces what the Bible says to the believer in the situation we are currently in).

I know pastors (who are friends) that have preached God has led them to believe that churches are increasingly becoming unfaithful. Some have said God has led them to the conclusion that we are living in a time when we need to prepare to conduct church at homes as the world will become that hostile to Christians in our lifetime.

I would say that you would not be in the wrong to reject or accept the message of the OP personally. YOU are to test what is said and determine that for yourself. BUT you should not be hostile to the OP simply because you do not believe God provided the message.

Reactions: Heart2Soul

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I understand what you are saying, but I believe that you need to go forward with caution.

What part of the information that @Heart2Soul claimed God has given do you find contrary to Scripture? Or is it the "method" that you reject? It seems that you are not testing what is actually given but questioning @Heart2Soul 's experience itself.

What was said in the OP is not contrary to Scripture. The action called for (that we pray and turn from wickedness) is not contrary to Scripture. The theme of the message, that God is in control and we should not fear, is not contrary to Scripture.

Time will tell if the virus ends suddenly, defying every static and scientific study. I hope it does. If it does not then there is an issue with the message of the OP.

I do not know for a fact if God spoke to @Heart2Soul . That is not something that can be factually known and I have not known @Heart2Soul long enough to have an opinion. What was said is not a revelation that would be an addition to Scripture and it is not contrary to Scripture (it reinforces what the Bible says to the believer in the situation we are currently in).

I know pastors (who are friends) that have preached God has led them to believe that churches are increasingly becoming unfaithful. Some have said God has led them to the conclusion that we are living in a time when we need to prepare to conduct church at homes as the world will become that hostile to Christians in our lifetime.

I would say that you would not be in the wrong to reject or accept the message of the OP personally. YOU are to test what is said and determine that for yourself. BUT you should not be hostile to the OP simply because you do not believe God provided the message.
Well, that's my point, the OP was so in line with Scripture, that it appeared to be nothing more that recitation of Scripture, and not a revelation relevant to our current times. What the OP stated could be applied to any century or era, it was so generic that it's impossible, if not irresponsible, to claim that God endowed her with this message in order to address the times of today. Like I said, any Bible thumping Christian could've given that exact same message, just be recalling what they were taught in Sunday school. I'm sorry, but the reason that I'm denouncing the claim to such a degree, is because I think that it's rather audacious to first, imply such an affinity with God, and two, to ascribe such imprecision to the wisdom of God.

Not to mention, how has her prophecy been fulfilled? The world is anticipating a 2nd wave? She claimed that her prophecy was true, because allegedly, one of her favorite pastors repeated the same thing??? ...that was my point, her message was so generic and predictable that probably half the pastors around the world are saying the same thing, for sure.

Last edited:
Reactions: Waiting on him

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, that's my point, the OP was so in line with Scripture, that it appeared to be nothing more that recitation of Scripture, and not a revelation relevant to our current times. What the OP stated could be applied to any century or era, it was so generic that it's impossible, if not irresponsible, to claim that God endowed her with this message in order to address the times of today. Like I said, any Bible thumping Christian could've given that exact same message, just be recalling what they were taught in Sunday school. I'm sorry, but the reason that I'm denouncing the claim to such a degree, is because I think that it's rather audacious to first, imply such an affinity with God, and two, to ascribe such imprecision to the wisdom of God.

Not to mention, how has her prophecy been fulfilled? The world is anticipating a 2nd wave? She claimed that her prophecy was true, because allegedly, one of her favorite pastors repeated the same thing??? ...that was my point, her message was so generic and predictable that probably half the pastors around the world are saying the same thing, for sure.
It's easy to overlook a person who is lacking understanding in the spiritual things of God....but. a person who complains and tries to refute what they have no wisdom, knowledge or understanding of and willfully applies scripture to refute scripture is incomprehensible.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
It's easy to overlook a person who is lacking understanding in the spiritual things of God....but. a person who complains and tries to refute what they have no wisdom, knowledge or understanding of and willfully applies scripture to refute scripture is incomprehensible.
Well, I'm familiar with the prophecy of Bible, we've all read with what precision, fortitude, and an undaunted demeanor, even when their lives were threatened, that these men spoke their prophecies. We saw the immediacy and exactitude of the results. Names were mentioned, places were mentioned, dates were mentioned, and it all came to pass.

I am sorry H2S, I am not seeing that at all in your OP, nor in the words of the Clement guy that you hold in high regard. Like I've always said, I wish that you were endowed to such a degree with the Spirit, that you could guide and warn us, and even interpret Scripture for us (I still have a very deficient understanding of the mechanics of the atonement).
But again, your OP said nothing that I didn't know already, and also, it was relevant well before Covid19. I don't see the inspiration here.

Reactions: Waiting on him

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well, I'm familiar with the prophecy of Bible, we've all read with what precision, fortitude, and an undaunted demeanor, even when their lives were threatened, that these men spoke their prophecies. We saw the immediacy and exactitude of the results. Names were mentioned, places were mentioned, dates were mentioned, and it all came to pass.

I am sorry H2S, I am not seeing that at all in your OP, nor in the words of the Clement guy that you hold in high regard. Like I've always said, I wish that you were endowed to such a degree with the Spirit, that you could guide and warn us, and even interpret Scripture for us (I still have a very deficient understanding of the mechanics of the atonement).
But again, your OP said nothing that I didn't know already, and also, it was relevant well before Covid19. I don't see the inspiration here.
Not much to argue then is there...it should be confirmation for you.
And there is no such thing as endowed with the Spirit...I have received the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
And my OP also says to those who will receive it. What He spoke to me was very encouraging and uplifting. I wasn't going to share it here but He said share it.
You don't receive it that's your choice...don't try to step on my faith because you won't succeed in changing what I believe.

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Okay, I'm back, Anthony. I can be tardy, I know. These posts are rather long. Feel free to pick parts you want to respond to -- and pass over parts you feel like passing over.
[ To that sort of person, spiriits can communicate in dreams. Such spiritual communications could be angelic or demonic, of course.]
Where do you read of this?
First let me discuss something curious Paul wrote. He does not say don't go to sleep angry. I infer it. He mentions several things that can make up open to demonic influences. I would be afraid to go to sleep angry or with something on my conscience.

Ephesians 4:25 Wherefore putting away lying, speak every man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.
26 Be ye angry, and sin not: let not the sun go down upon your wrath:
27 Neither give place to the devil.
28 Let him that stole steal no more: but rather let him labour, working with his hands the thing which is good, that he may have to give to him that needeth.
29 Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.
30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption.
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.

The Holy Spirit is meant to protect the saints. If we grieve the Holy Spirit, we are opening a door that is better left shut. The person who has the protection of the Holy Spirit need not fear the "night."

Psalm 91:5 Thou shalt not be afraid for the terror by night; nor for the arrow that flieth by day;
6 Nor for the pestilence that walketh in darkness; nor for the destruction that wasteth at noonday.

It may sound superstititious to you but let me say it anyway. When people are asleep, the powers of spiritual darkness gain more power. Thus some spirits from the Dark Side seem to operate more at night than in the day. I doubt Saul would have gotten any results if he had visited the necromancer during the day: He went at night. David also mentions what wicked people can do at night.

Psalm 36:1 The transgression of the wicked saith within my heart, that there is no fear of God before his eyes.
2 For he flattereth himself in his own eyes, until his iniquity be found to be hateful.
3 The words of his mouth are iniquity and deceit: he hath left off to be wise, and to do good.
4 He deviseth mischief upon his bed; he setteth himself in a way that is not good; he abhorreth not evil.

It's very dangerous since it's an open invitation to the demonic.

God has difficulty getting through to most people when they're awake. The cares of the world distract them. God can get messages through when they're asleep.

Job 33:14 For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not.
15 In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed;
16 Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,

Some dreams people have are not remembered consciously. The person has learned things, but they remain at the unconscious level. Over time, the wisdom God imparted into their minds bubbles up into conscious awarenesss. I once had a vision with a spirit talking to me: I could recall what I saw consciously but nothing of the conversation. I'm sure he told me things I needed to know, but my conscious waking state blocked them out. As the blocks to understanding come down, this kind of night-time instruction appears in the conscious mind.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Part 3:

[ Most people are spiritually deaf when awake for a very good reason. I think it's probably best to let the spiritually deaf remain that way.]
Are these believers?
Some are. We saw in that passage that Israel was made blind and deaf spiritually. Christians can be too. John's message to the Church at Laodicea addressed the problem.

Revelation 3:17 Because thou sayest, I am rich, and increased with goods, and have need of nothing; and knowest not that thou art wretched, and miserable, and poor, and blind, and naked:
18 I counsel thee to buy of me gold tried in the fire, that thou mayest be rich; and white raiment, that thou mayest be clothed, and that the shame of thy nakedness do not appear; and anoint thine eyes with eyesalve, that thou mayest see.
19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.

Spiritual pride seems to be the problem there. If their spiritual eyes were opened, they would not like what they see. The message is to anoint their eyes so they can see what is wrong and what they can do to correct it. The spiritual eye is what Jesus called the "single eye." I would say it's impossible to be clothed in white if that eye is in darkness.

Luke 11:34 The light of the body is the eye: therefore when thine eye is single, thy whole body also is full of light; but when thine eye is evil, thy body also is full of darkness.

So the message given in Revelation is that people should be able to see spiritually; and verse 20 says Jesus is knocking at the door --- can people hear him knocking? Do they have ears to hear?

Revelation 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
22 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.

Revelation is meant to be (1) read, (2) heard, and (3) kept or obeyed. The blessing is for those who do all three.

Revelation 1:3 Blessed is he that readeth, and they that hear the words of this prophecy, and keep those things which are written therein: for the time is at hand.

[I can also tell you I think I could teach almost anyone how to send and receive such spiritual messages.]

I thought we were speaking of mrssages sent by God?
First we need to understand that spirits do not need earthly bodies in order to communicate. How does God communicate with angels? How do they communicate with each other? The way demons communicate is similar; and the person able to get free of the bondage of carnal flesh can also come to communicate spiritually. Some people might call it telepathy. It's definitely non-physical.

I decline to give out such information on the internet. I would teach only people I felt confident would be sincere about it and not apt to use it to manipulate others, to take advantage of others, etc.
I do not see this in scripture
The Jews had schools to teach people how to become prophets. Thus we see them going around in companies at times. We also see how Samuel was taken under supervision by Eli. We also see Elisha receiving an anointing from Elijah. Many times this involved the laying on of hands -- the way Moses did with Joshua.

Deuteronomy 34:9 And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had laid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel hearkened unto him, and did as the Lord commanded Moses.

[There are perils in turning on your spiritual ears and eyes. People with impure hearts could be deceived by the demonic posing as the angelic. They can also deceive themselves without a demon needing to help mislead them since people can be motivated by greed and lust.]

Jude 1:8 Likewise also these filthy dreamers defile the flesh, despise dominion, and speak evil of dignities.
9 Yet Michael the archangel, when contending with the devil he disputed about the body of Moses, durst not bring against him a railing accusation, but said, The Lord rebuke thee.
10 But these speak evil of those things which they know not: but what they know naturally, as brute beasts, in those things they corrupt themselves.
11 Woe unto them! for they have gone in the way of Cain, and ran greedily after the error of Balaam for reward, and perished in the gainsaying of Core.
12 These are spots in your feasts of charity, when they feast with you, feeding themselves without fear: clouds they are without water, carried about of winds; trees whose fruit withereth, without fruit, twice dead, plucked up by the roots;
13 Raging waves of the sea, foaming out their own shame; wandering stars, to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever.

Revelation 2:14 But I have a few things against thee, because thou hast there them that hold the doctrine of Balaam, who taught Balac to cast a stumblingblock before the children of Israel, to eat things sacrificed unto idols, and to commit fornication.

Today you can observe the demonic in certain Pentecostal circles. I would not let some of the famous names in Pentecostal circles put their hands on me and tell me I could receive the Holy Ghost if I only let them put their hands on me. No thanks. There are demons being transmitted in some of our churches. By their fruits, you can know them. I am not against all Pentcostals; but I am against those who have gone the way of Balaam, seeking money or the gratification of lusts, etc.

[I would not even lay hands on a Christian to have their ears and eyes opened unless I knew him or her extremely well. I would not because I cannot read their hearts. Someone can be a 99% good person; but if there is 1% sin in the heart, there is danger that even good Christians could succumb to temptation. I leave it up to God then to decide who should receive what gift.
I was relying mostly on {aul for that. The physical body has different members; and the spiritual Body of Christ has different members. Thus different people have different gifts. They can serve each other that way and show love for each other.

1 Corinthians 12:6 And there are diversities of operations, but it is the same God which worketh all in all.
7 But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal.
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;
9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;
10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:
11 But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as he will.
12 For as the body is one, and hath many members, and all the members of that one body, being many, are one body: so also is Christ.

Jesus as Head knows better than I who belongs where in the Body of Christ and who should have what gift. I do not even despise those who say they are unaware of having any gifts. Some people's role in the Body of Christ can take on supporting missionaries and charities. Thus the person who supports a prophet is as important as the prophet -- for both are needed to have things work harmoniously.

Matthew 10:41 He that receiveth a prophet in the name of a prophet shall receive a prophet's reward; and he that receiveth a righteous man in the name of a righteous man shall receive a righteous man's reward.

Last edited:

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son” (Hebrews 1:1–2 ESV).

It’s no accident that the word “spoken” is in the past tense. God has conclusively spoken to His people through the testimony of His Son recorded on the pages of Scripture. What the Old Testament prophets looked forward to with longing, we can look back upon with certainty.

Anthony D'Arienzo

Jan 3, 2019
georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
“Long ago, at many times and in many ways, God spoke to our fathers by the prophets, but in these last days He has spoken to us by His Son” (Hebrews 1:1–2 ESV).

It’s no accident that the word “spoken” is in the past tense. God has conclusively spoken to His people through the testimony of His Son recorded on the pages of Scripture. What the Old Testament prophets looked forward to with longing, we can look back upon with certainty.
God has given us a closed canon, that is perfect, complete...as He promised in jn14,15,16

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lamentations 2:8-9 KJV
The Lord hath purposed to destroy the wall of the daughter of Zion: he hath stretched out a line, he hath not withdrawn his hand from destroying: therefore he made the rampart and the wall to lament; they languished together. [9] Her gates are sunk into the ground; he hath destroyed and broken her bars: her king and her princes are among the Gentiles: the law is no more ; her prophets also find no vision from the Lord.

????? Jesus says I've come to fulfill the law and the prophets. For all those claiming to stand in the office of a prophet, what kind of sophistry is this, are you saying Jesus has failed?

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has given us a closed canon, that is perfect, complete...as He promised in jn14,15,16

“God has given us a closed canon, that is perfect and complete” wadr not sure that “perfect, complete” ...the canon is the focus there. But instead being “born of the Spirit” John 3:7-8 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. [8] The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

”God has given us a closed canon, that is perfect and complete” could also be “God has given a new birth, a New creature that avails much, that is perfect and complete. You said “as promised”. The children of promise...or the canon of promise?

Colossians 4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.

Ephesians 4:12-14 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: [13] Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: [14] That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

1 Corinthians 13:7-13 Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things. [8] Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away. [9] For we know in part, and we prophesy in part. [10] But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away. [11] When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things. [12] For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known. [13] And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.

When a new birth comes (born of the Spirit), then that which is in part is done away with in Christ. Sorry do not get how the canon is the focus of “perfect and complete” but instead
2 Corinthians 5:17 Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You are making assumptions there. I am saying God also lives in us and directs us and communicates to us.

How does God communicates with you; through dreams and visions, angel visitations, through a voice or through signs and wonders? All these are no longer possible today since the Bible was completed!

Read Matthew 24:21-26:
24) "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

Likewise, read Mark 13:19-23; and John 4:48!
48) "Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe."

As you can read in these verses, only Satan and his demons will show and do signs and wonders in the last days!!!

God will NEVER violate His own rules.

To God Be The Glory

Reactions: Anthony D'Arienzo

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does God communicates with you; through dreams and visions, angel visitations, through a voice or through signs and wonders? All these are no longer possible today since the Bible was completed!

24) "For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall show great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect."

48) "Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe."

As you can read in these verses, only Satan and his demons will show and do signs and wonders in the last days!!!

To God Be The Glory
The Bible is complete but not conclusive....the major prophesies that prophesied all the way to the end is complete...nothing more to be said....but the Holy Spirit is still manifesting His Power and Anointing through God's vessels...
Your idea of complete in saying the Power of God has ended contradicts His Word in numerous scriptures....having a form of godliness but denying the power thereof.
You didn't reach this conclusion on your own...a man's religion taught it to you. You should seek Him for a deeper revelation of His Truth and learn the hidden wisdom of God. You cannot worship Him in the carnal ways....He is Spirit and must be worshipped in Spirit and in truth. The carnal mind is enmity against God...

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory
How did you come me to decide the Bible is the right scripture for you?

How did you come to God via your own intellect and choice of Scripture without God drawing you and working in your life?

Do you realize many miracles were done after Jesus spoke those words?

Acts 2:17-21
‘And it shall come to pass in the last days, says God, That I will pour out of My Spirit on all flesh; Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your young men shall see visions, Your old men shall dream dreams. [18] And on My menservants and on My maidservants I will pour out My Spirit in those days; And they shall prophesy. [19] I will show wonders in heaven above And signs in the earth beneath: Blood and fire and vapor of smoke. [20] The sun shall be turned into darkness, And the moon into blood, Before the coming of the great and awesome day of the LORD. [21] And it shall come to pass That whoever calls on the name of the LORD Shall be saved.’

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory
That does not say "only" Satan and his demons will show great signs and wonders. We really ought not add words to what Jesus said.

Reactions: bbyrd009
Status
Not open for further replies.