God is in control: A Word from the Lord to those who will receive

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You didn't reach this conclusion on your own...a man's religion taught it to you. You should seek Him for a deeper revelation of His Truth and learn the hidden wisdom of God. You cannot worship Him in the carnal ways....He is Spirit and must be worshipped in Spirit and in truth. The carnal mind is enmity against God...

You pretend to know who I am but you will never know. Only God knows who I am as He knows all His children.

Indeed, I know very well that Jesus spoke in parables and without a parable He did not speak unto them.

Spiritual enough for you? Did you know that the Bible is a historical parable? As well as a moral and spiritual/parable book? I guess not!!!

To God Be The Glory

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You pretend to know who I am but you will never know. Only God knows who I am as He knows all His children.

Indeed, I know very well that Jesus spoke in parables and without a parable He did not speak unto them.

Spiritual enough for you? Did you know that the Bible is a historical parable? As well as a moral and spiritual/parable book? I guess not!!!

To God Be The Glory
No it's not spiritual....it's carnal....carnal minded....in how you are presenting it, no.
The scriptures are inspired by the Holy Spirit and written by man....and Jesus explained the parables to the disciples....He spoke in parables to confound the wise...less their eyes should be open and they see the truth.

Reactions: John Caldwell

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That does not say "only" Satan and his demons will show great signs and wonders. We really ought not add words to what Jesus said.

Know that God will NEVER violate His own rules, there is one entity, however who will say the opposite and he did it since time began in the Garden of Eden.

Oh and look at the churches that do signs and wonders today when asked by the pastor for anyone to come forward and ns the Holy Ghost as a sign of conversion. Are not these kinds of phenomenons happening today?

To God Be The Glory

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Know that God will NEVER violate His own rules, there is one entity, however who will say the opposite and he did it since time began in the Garden of Eden.

Oh and look at the churches that do signs and wonders today when asked by the pastor for anyone to come forward and ns the Holy Ghost as a sign of conversion. Are not these kinds of phenomenons happening today?

To God Be The Glory
God never changes....man's religions tries change Him but He never changes.

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

To God Be The Glory
While I could agree with you about the signs and wonders in some churches being from the Dark Side, you still have corrupted what Jesus said by adding "only" to it.

Reactions: John Caldwell

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God has never told me anything in a dream. Scripture is the word of God ("God breathed").

God breathed as like when God breathed into the nostrils of a man and he became a living soul?

Or, did man write Scripture under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While I could agree with you about the signs and wonders in some churches being from the Dark Side, you still have corrupted what Jesus said by adding "only" to it.

It goes without saying, for there are none who will contradict God except the pseudo-Christ.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God breathed as like when God breathed into the nostrils of a man and he became a living soul?

Or, did man write Scripture under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit?
"God breathed" as in "God's own words" (even Acts 2).

Are you still wrestling with whether or not you will accept Acts 2 as Scripture?

Last edited:

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not only that, but he has the context entirely wrong (don't forget the lame man in Acts 3, Peter brought Tabitha back from the dead, the disciples were healing people as sign gifts).

If @JunChosen correctly interprets Scripture then the miracles of Acts were satanic as was Peter's sermon in Acts 2.

Reactions: Giuliano

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scriptures are inspired by the Holy Spirit and written by man....and Jesus explained the parables to the disciples....He spoke in parables to confound the wise...less their eyes should be open and they see the truth.

There's hope for you still. Then why act as if you are still in the dark?

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If @JunChosen correctly interprets Scripture then the miracles of Acts were satanic as was Peter's sermon in Acts 2.

Before the Bible was completed it was possible for miracles and signs to have had occurred. However, when the Bible was completed all these miracles and signs were no longer possible as stated in Revelation 22:18,19, except the miracle of salvation.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I heard that argument before.

I guess you've never read Genesis 6:5-7.

Hello Jun,
The scripture verses you cited have certainly come across my mind concerning God not ever changing His mind.
The conclusion I have come to, for myself, is that God was repentant in a sorrowful way. And the fact that God's character allows for that doesn't mean He went against His own character. His wrath will once again be poured out on the Earth just like it was back then.
BTW- after God made man, He never said 'I will never regret creating you, and will never kill you'...He's just sovereign and will do what He wants and He's always Just, Loving, Long-suffering, on and on. He did not "change His mind" about man having a future as, he did let Noah, the fam and the animals live... :)

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you still wrestling with whether or not you will accept Acts 2 as Scripture?

I know you do not understand (maybe you do) the context of Acts 2. So, since many here seem to think they understand scripture I challenge you or anyone to give their interpretation of Acts 2.

John Caldwell

Apr 12, 2019
North Augusta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Before the Bible was completed it was possible for miracles and signs to have had occurred. However, when the Bible was completed all these miracles and signs were no longer possible as stated in Revelation 22:18,19, except the miracle of salvation.
Except, of course, Revelation 22:18-19 refer to John's account and the Bible. Your opinion is not supported by Scripture.

Reactions: Nancy and Giuliano

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The scripture verses you cited have certainly come across my mind concerning God not ever changing His mind.
The conclusion I have come to, for myself, is that God was repentant in a sorrowful way. And the fact that God's character allows for that doesn't mean He went against His own character. His wrath will once again be poured out on the Earth just like it was back then.
BTW- after God made man, He never said 'I will never regret creating you, and will never kill you'...He's just sovereign and will do what He wants and He's always Just, Loving, Long-suffering, on and on. He did not "change His mind" about man having a future as, he did let Noah, the fam and the animals live... :)

I know exactly what God meant.

People seem to forget that God love His creation so much that He paid a tremendous price by giving His only son to redeem a people for Himself which did not deserve to be saved. That's the kind of God I serve and worship.

Waiting on him

Dec 21, 2018
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know you do not understand (maybe you do) the context of Acts 2. So, since many here seem to think they understand scripture I challenge you or anyone to give their interpretation of Acts 2.
Psalm 19:1-7 KJV
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. [2] Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. [3] There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. [4] Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world. In them hath he set a tabernacle for the sun, [5] Which is as a bridegroom coming out of his chamber, and rejoiceth as a strong man to run a race. [6] His going forth is from the end of the heaven, and his circuit unto the ends of it: and there is nothing hid from the heat thereof. [7] The law of the Lord is perfect, converting the soul: the testimony of the Lord is sure, making wise the simple.

This is what happened in Acts 2

Reactions: Heart2Soul

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Except, of course, Revelation 22:18-19 refer to John's account and the Bible. Your opinion is not supported by Scripture.

Are you trying to say God has a rule for Himself, one for John, and another for His people? THAT'S RIDICULOUS, OF COURSE!

Listen my opinion does not amount to anything. If you feel my understanding of scripture is incorrect, then furnish some verses and tell me I'm in error and we'll reason together. Just as I've challenged your understanding of Acts 2 which you seem to be avoiding.

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Psalm 19:1-7 KJV
The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.

The whole Bible is replete with these types of adulation of God. Sad to say this is NOT the gist of Acts 2. Perhaps you folks should read the whole chapter. You might be able to pick up a verse that pertains to the context.

Heart2Soul

Spiritual Warrior
Staff member
May 10, 2018
Tulsa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
This thread has been derailed....if you want to discuss a new topic please start your own thread. Thank you.

Reactions: Giuliano
Status
Not open for further replies.