"god Is In Total Control Of All Things"

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
Jesus never accepted that Satan would be in complete control of any thing, religious man believes this but Satan knows God is God. Satan may be god of the earth, but God is God of the earth. Satan is nothing but a tool in the hands of a all powerful God and can do nothing outside of God’s soverign and complete will.

We do not hand the power to Satan we are Satan’s food (dust). This is our nature as carnal, dust men who God formed from the dust of the earth.

Yes carnal man is full of “unbelief, through, lust, sin, hate ,anger” but that is the way God created us, it is called death, it is called the curse. It is our nature to sin, we inherited from our GGGGGGreatgrandfather Adam.

Yes Jesus is not the Bible, but the Bible though God’s Spirit is the living Word not man and his dead tradition. You complain I quote scripture? What am I suppose to quote my opinion like you just did and not one verse o back up your bias thought?

yes there is a little one who thinks he is in contorl. satan, we handed power to him when adam and eve fell, and if Jesus had accepted what satan had said, he would be in complete control, is it not so wonderful that we have a saviour who has our best interest at hand and not His. Yes we give him control so often, through unbelief, through, lust, sin, hate ,anger, anthing that is outside love puts him in a version of control. No Benoni, all I see is someone who quotes scripture, Jesus isnt in the bible, hes here with us all.

in His Love

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes Jesus is not the Bible, but the Bible through God’s Spirit is the living Word not man and his dead tradition.

I sure agree with that ---except, Benoni, man's tradtions are alive and well, I'm afraid!
Wishful thinking on your part? ;)

9:24 am

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
Attually not so much as wishful think, more like an understanding that there are two Word's of God.

The apostle Paul, speaking of the whole armor of God, admonishes the
saints to "put on…the sword of the Spirit, WHICH IS THE WORD OF GOD"
(Eph. 6:17). Then the writer to the Hebrews declares that the sword of
God’s word is "QUICK." Quick means living and active — LIFE-GIVING!

"For the word of God that speaks is alive and full of power — making it
active, operative, energizing and effective; it is sharper than any
two-edged sword" (Heb. 4:12, Amplified).

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing…for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life!" (Jn. 6:63; II Cor. 3:6). The swordof the Spirit is the quickening, energizing, life-giving WORD OF GOD! I shall not hesitate to explain to you, that there are two aspects of the word of God. Jesus Christ is the Word — the Logos —

THE LIVING, CREATIVE WORD! But there is also that word which Paul calls "the letter." The letter is the outer hull, the record and history, the laws
and commandments, the rules and regulations, the types, shadows and
figures, the external ordinances, rituals, ceremonies, and feasts; the
visible form of the word which tells us, in terms understandable by the
natural mind, many things about the Living Word, Jesus Christ.

It should be clear to any thinking mind that the law given by Moses was a word from God. Many, many scriptures confirm that it was the very Lord Himself who spoke to Moses giving him the laws, commandments, judgments, and ordinances. Therefore it is called "the law of the Lord." Yet Paul, in speaking of this word from God, calls it "the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones." Then he further designates it "the ministration of condemnation." You, see, the law could only condemn! The only way the law could give life was if one perfectly kept it, but for every broken law there was a penalty. And no one was ever able to keep it! "For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God." Therefore the law with all of its commandments, ceremonies, rituals, sacrifices, and observances is a dead word, it is form without essence, law withoutlife, shadow without substance, chaff without kernel, it is the letter that killeth! It is "a word" about "The Word" and therefore shuts men up unto the dominion of death. It should not be difficult to understand that as Jesus Christ is the Living Word of God, the sword of the Spirit that quickens, so is the Letter of the Word a deadly sword, killing rather than quickening. Ah, two words and two swords! The flaming sword of the Cherubim is the word of the law which is a ministration of condemnation and death. It keeps men out of Eden, away from the tree of life! But the sword out of the mouth of God’s Christ is a living sword that excellent in glory as the ministration of Life!

I sure agree with that ---except, Benoni, man's tradtions are alive and well, I'm afraid!
Wishful thinking on your part? ;)

9:24 am

gumby

May 29, 2009
I love the sarcasum it means you care about this subject, but what does Psalms 94 :1 and Romans 12:19 have to do with the fall?

God is not bad or ugly, He is just God.

But I guess you need a Bible lesson, something outside of your religious walls you do not see.

God first created man in His own image and His own likeness on the sixth day. But on the seventh day God formed man from the dust of the earth and made him a living soul.

You see God wanted to fall, with out a fall there would be no reason for a savior, with out the fall Adam and Eve would be puppets on a string doing God’s will with no substance, or real commentment. Just innocent babes, naïve, shallow and care free.

Genesis 1: 26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. 27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

(Sixth day) Genesis 1:31And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.
Genesis 2: 2 And on the (seventh day) God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made. 7 And the
LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Please stop looking at what you been taught and look at what God’s Word declares. Prov 25:2 It is the glory of God to conceal a thing: but the honour of kings is to search out a matter.

It is called death, be it spiritual or to the body.

Genesis 3 17And unto Adam he said, Because thou hast hearkened unto the voice of thy wife, and hast eaten of the tree, of which I commanded thee, saying, Thou shalt not eat of it: cursed is the ground for thy sake; in sorrow shalt thou eat of it all the days of thy life; 18Thorns also and thistles shall it bring forth to thee; and thou shalt eat the herb of the field; 19In the sweat of thy face shalt thou eat bread, till thou return unto the ground; for out of it wast thou taken: for dust thou art, and unto dust shalt thou return.

God had a savior planned long before God had a sinner. Yes Satan, who was created by God; and can do NOTHING outside of God’s will. Satan has to ask God’s permission according to God’s Word before Satan can do his evil. God is sovereign and he is Lord over ALL things including the fall, including the curse. Both Adam and Jesus were tempted by the Devil, who “God created”. Difference between Jesus and Adam is Adam was ordained to fail, Jesus was ordained to overcome. The devil has no power at all unless God ordains it.

But what you are not perceiving is God is sovereign over all things including Adam (man) and Satan and nothing happens outside of that sovereign will. Let

God took the blame for the curse, and the fall and He will also did it with hope. That is scriptural fact. Romans 8:20 declares that God took the blame and Adam (man) had no choice.

It was God who lowered Adam, it was God who placed Adam in the Garden, it was God who placed the tree of good and evil which he created, it was God who put a deceiver, a man slayer, a murderer in the garden, it was God who made Adam an Eve innocent.

Little Adam and Eve had not choice: “Against its will, all creation was subjected to God’s curse” . God not little Adam turned man to destruction, You (God) turn man to destruction; and say return you children of men.

Man did not choose sin, he did not choose the fall; it was God who” You (God) turn man to destruction” this was God’s doing not little Adam; “For the creation was subjected to futility, not willingly, but because of Him who subjected it, in hope”

Man has no choose, freewill to follow God; in fact the Bible teaches totally too contrary. It was God who caused the fall. And it is God who has a plan to fix it.

Ps. 90:1-3. "Lord, You have been our dwelling place in all generations. Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever You have formed the earth or the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, You are God. You (God) turn man to destruction; and say return you children of men.

God knew Eve was going to sin long before she even was created; you see it is not the fall that matters it is the process of redemption God is after.

I wasnt talking about the fall ben you simply twisted my words around as usual, i see a very ego driven person in you that goes by there own philosiphies and own rules. Have at it im not wasting time arguing with you. Just remember Matthew 16:6.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Im very sorry to hear this however god didnt casue this, the man was so evil and greedy that he decided to mug her. God doesnt go around putting curses on people and its a disgrace to blame god for such a thing. Be certain of this though good bad or ugly evryone will answer to god someday, Psalms 94 :1 and Romans 12:19 apply.
I agree - I was in a bit of a shock with my eyebrows raised when she said, "Yes, I do." ---I couldn't help my shock - I'm usually
better controlled, calmy saying, "I see."
It is almost like a "disgrace" to me also.
Yes, I have peace of mind knowing whatever happens God will judge everyone justly.
Whew, glad it's not my job.
:) Miss Hepburn

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
What I see from you is a person who is turning to personal attacks because you have been proven wrong. Today we do not have Pharasees and Sadusees , we have many different types of Christian-sees.

I wasnt talking about the fall ben you simply twisted my words around as usual, i see a very ego driven person in you that goes by there own philosiphies and own rules. Have at it im not wasting time arguing with you. Just remember Matthew 16:6.

gumby

May 29, 2009
What I see from you is a person who is turning to personal attacks because you have been proven wrong. Today we do not have Pharasees and Sadusees , we have many different types of Christian-sees.

Im trying to be calm with you ben but your missing the whole point of what i just posted, Jesus wasnt talking about just the pharisees and the saudacees he was talking about the flase doctrine they were spreading not the actual religion or bread but the false doctrine that corrupts our society to this very day. Matthew 16:11, Matthew 16:12 and Luke 12:1.

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
I understand false doctrine. One of the main reason religious men are in false doctrine is they are like the Pharasees they reject God's Spirit with in them and follow religion, follow the letter that killeth. They have false anointings, false word, yesterday's manna, old wine not the new. etc.

Im trying to be calm with you ben but your missing the whole point of what i just posted, Jesus wasnt talking about just the pharisees and the saudacees he was talking about the flase doctrine they were spreading not the actual religion or bread but the false doctrine that corrupts our society to this very day. Matthew 16:11, Matthew 16:12 and Luke 12:1.

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
I understand false doctrine. One of the main reason religious men are in false doctrine is they are like the Pharasees they reject God's Spirit with in them and follow religion, follow the letter that killeth. They have false anointings, false word, yesterday's manna, old wine not the new.

What is your source of truth? The leading of God's Spirit? Or the leading of man?

The Bible gives us the Word, but God's Spirit opens the revelation. Also the anointing is very important to seek truth, not to sit on what you believe is truth and stop seeking, asking and knocking.

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
I just posted this on another post. Wherefore the law was our school-master to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith." (Galatians 3:21-24).

A schoolmaster, (the Greek text gives, a child conductor), was one who held the child in restraint as they conducted the child from home to the school, making sure that there was no mischief along the way, and that the child arrived at the school. Then the child was given over to the care of the teacher, and the duty of the child conductor was ended. The child conductor did not stand in the back of the class room and continue to exercise control and authority over the child, for now the Teacher was in control, and there was to be no outside interference. So also, once we have been brought to Christ, and His anointing abides within us, we are to be led by the Spirit.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I understand false doctrine. One of the main reason religious men are in false doctrine is they are like the Pharasees they reject God's Spirit with in them and follow religion, follow the letter that killeth. They have false anointings, false word, yesterday's manna, old wine not the new. etc.
Where does it say "the letter that killeth" anyway.

Yes, they miss the point entirely. "old wine"... I do believe that many want to "get" it - but, they are
just too dense --they are unable to "get" the subtlies of the Spirit.
I have much compassion for them.
I have a hard time being mad at "dense".

It's like a person that really wants to smell a rose -but they have on thick gloves and each time they bring it to their nose they smash it.
They don't "get" it is the gloves that are getting in the way. How can one get irritated at that - as you are enjoying the scent...

Subtlies are not easy for many people.
Also, some people fear that if they change from the years of belief systems they
were raised with - well, I don't actually know what they fear...

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

So many of God’s people cannot see what is beyond the letter that killeth; such a strong word “killeth” given to describe what happens when you use you carnalize, literalize your understanding when interpreting scripture. So much doom and gloom in Traditional Christianity;

Are we destroying, slaying, and killing God’s Word when we refuse to allow God’s Spirit to give it life. Is not the spirit of truth with in us; but is that what we are following when all we see is the negative. God’s Spirit is in all of us, we have gone way to accustom to hearing man; and not The Spirit of truth with in.

Killeth: NT:615 apokteino (ap-ok-ti'-no); from NT:575 and kteino (to slay); to kill outright; figuratively, to destroy:

2 Corinthians 3:1Do we begin again to commend ourselves? or need we, as some others, epistles of commendation to you, or letters of commendation from you? 2Ye are our epistle written in our hearts, known and read of all men:
3Forasmuch as ye are manifestly declared to be the epistle of Christ ministered by us, written not with ink, but with the Spirit of the living God; not in tables of stone, but in fleshy tables of the heart. 4And such trust have we through Christ to God-ward: 5Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think any thing as of ourselves; but our sufficiency is of God;
6Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.
7But if the ministration of death, written and engraven in stones, was glorious, so that the children of Israel could not stedfastly behold the face of Moses for the glory of his countenance; which glory was to be done away:
8How shall not the ministration of the spirit be rather glorious?
9For if the ministration of condemnation be glory, much more doth the ministration of righteousness exceed in glory

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I just posted this on another post. Wherefore the law was our school-master to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith." (Galatians 3:21-24).

A schoolmaster, (the Greek text gives, a child conductor), was one who held the child in restraint as they conducted the child from home to the school, making sure that there was no mischief along the way, and that the child arrived at the school. Then the child was given over to the care of the teacher, and the duty of the child conductor was ended. The child conductor did not stand in the back of the class room and continue to exercise control and authority over the child, for now the Teacher was in control, and there was to be no outside interference. So also, once we have been brought to Christ, and His anointing abides within us, we are to be led by the Spirit.

Ooo, excellent.
Thank you.

2 Corinthians 3:6
Who also hath made us able ministers of the new testament; not of the letter, but of the spirit: for the letter killeth, but the spirit giveth life.

Excellent - I think you should put that as your signature.
I was never been aware of it. Very profound.
Thank you so much.

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
Christ, the Spirit, is completely without the camp! He is outside the camp of the systems of this world, including the political, economic, and religious systems of man; He is outside the camp of the denominations, churches, and fellowships; He is outside the camp of those who continue in the old ways of the dead, church order of the past; He is also outside the camp of anything that is of man, or that man’s works have created. No longer is He dealing with the apostate systems of man, but knocking, knocking, knocking at the heart’s door of individual men and women, saying to them, “Behold, I stand at the door and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.” This passage can only refer to the spiritual presence of Christ coming to any individual, to any man or woman who will open their heart’s door to intimacy of fellowship and vital union with Christ

Isaiah 4
1And in that day seven women shall take hold of one man,
saying, We will eat our own bread, and wear our own apparel: only let
us be called by thy name, to take away our reproach.

What does the word Church mean? It is a Greek Word “ecclesia” which simply means the called out. There is a true Church and a false Church; Baby lon is the false church; while the true Church is not a building, a system, denomination but Christ with in us, the hope of Glory.

Jeremiah 51:7 Babylon hath been a golden cup in the LORD's hand, that made all the
earth drunken: the nations have drunken of her wine; therefore the nations are mad.

God uses Baby lon as shown by the verse above; but there is so much more

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
till me them rules..................and where does the conciquinces come from [so if i steal everyday ask god to forgive me every night i am oked for long life with god..and if i never get caught by man then i do not get any conciquinces]is this what you are saying
most people can't except blame for their own actions,it's easier to blame God.God put rules to go by along with conciquences,and if you get caught you pay the price.the good news is we can repent and rise above those conciquences no matter what they were,or how long they been.

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
you are a total hipocrite in some ways........you deney mans teaching you say....and some of the very very worst things you do is honor sunday and xmas.and probaly easter...jesus said you would deney the teaching of god for the traditions of man.....when will you wake up...we are paving the way to the beast in this system and you are part of that paving...so get off your selfrightous butt and do gods work................................. [sorry for been alittle insulting,why you all deney some of the powers of god but have a form of goddlyness...] i do not know..
I totally disagree with Calvin teachings..

You can ignore me all you want; this is why the church little “c” is so blind they cannot look beyond their broken cisterns. I guess I am irritating because I have no problem standing up to man made doctrine based on assumptions and not God’s Word.

Ezekiel 18 again has nothing to do with salvation, salvation comes by the blood of Jesus and not the law of Moses. NT not old.

I know many of you find it difficult to dig beyond the letter that killeth.

"Let God be true, though every man be false" (Rom. 3:4).

I have always hated the way traditional teaching has used this awesome verse in the Bible on one hand to point to salvation which it does; but on the other hand condemn the rest of humanity which it does not

(KJV) John 3 14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the

Benoni

Aug 16, 2009
Western NY
Bullfighter,

So unchristian like all the name calling????

First of all try using spell check on your post, (cut and paste from another program(WHATEVER) I am a terrible speller myself but at least I am trying to watch my spelling.

Yes I deny man’s teaching be it Seventh day Adventist or whatever man made humanistic religious garbage coming out of Babylon. You are trying to fit divine truth in a man made container called religion... It will never fit it is too deep and awesome.

No I reject Easter. (pagan)

As well as Christmas and many so called pagan religious holidays, but I have no problem celebrating the secular Christmas celebration but I do not bring Christ in it (there is no way I would take the fun away from my Grandchilden).

I never said I honor Sunday, in fact I told you were correct according to the Law of Moses, but I am not Jewish so I really do not care, I celebrate the Lord every day of my life not one day a week.

What teachings of man are you talking about, you are upset because you are so hung up over the Sabbath, and maybe I should stone a thief according to your religious mindset. I am doing God’s Work that is why you are so angry.

You are in bondage, my walk in God has no man made religious bondage, God's fire burnt it all up a long time ago. I have no reason lock my beliefs in some religious man made dogma, especially when it comes to the Law of Moses. BONDAGE....

bullfighter

Jan 21, 2008
sorry if i hurt your little feeler..or imbarrassed myself sounding like a name calling nit.............like violence does not get any where,except if you are right and want to wake someone up.......................[so bush says and the world around you ...look at your sundat history of christians and so name calling ha they were murderous peoples driven by a pagan head to conquer and rise to powers..if you want to be treated like a 2 year old fine...read your bible yourself and not someonetilling you what it means....................if you come like a child god will help you ..................................................
Bullfighter,

So unchristian like all the name calling????

First of all try using spell check on your post, (cut and paste from another program(WHATEVER) I am a terrible speller myself but at least I am trying to watch my spelling.

Yes I deny man’s teaching be it Seventh day Adventist or whatever man made humanistic religious garbage coming out of Babylon. You are trying to fit divine truth in a man made container called religion... It will never fit it is too deep and awesome.

No I reject Easter. (pagan)

As well as Christmas and many so called pagan religious holidays, but I have no problem celebrating the secular Christmas celebration but I do not bring Christ in it (there is no way I would take the fun away from my Grandchilden).

I never said I honor Sunday, in fact I told you were correct according to the Law of Moses, but I am not Jewish so I really do not care, I celebrate the Lord every day of my life not one day a week.

What teachings of man are you talking about, you are upset because you are so hung up over the Sabbath, and maybe I should stone a thief according to your religious mindset. I am doing God’s Work that is why you are so angry.

You are in bondage, my walk in God has no man made religious bondage, God's fire burnt it all up a long time ago. I have no reason lock my beliefs in some religious man made dogma, especially when it comes to the Law of Moses. BONDAGE....