God is light, and in him is no darkness at all

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If E = mc2 then we can divide and conclude that...

Mass (m) = Energy (E/c2)

And there are three varieties...

Natural E/c2 - All mass is basically cooled plasma
Mental E/c2 - Mentally, A mathematical formula, but this has chemical and spiritual properties as well.
Spiritual E/c2 - E (motivation, warmth, love) / c2 (faith, hope, charity, joy)

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. - 1 John 1:5

Unfortunately, though, the light and the darkness interact here on planet Earth...

IChing2.gif

IChing4-1.gif
Comparing the light and the darkness, the opposite of E/c2 would be z (absolute zero)/ c (darkness)...

Natural z/d - Nothing, empty space.
Mental z/d - Again nothing but empty space.
Spiritual z/d - z (laziness, coldness, hatred / d (fear, despair, greed, sorrow)

A correct spiritual E/c2 is an important ally to the Christian faith.

"You know, they are fooling us, there is no God… all this talk about God is sheer nonsense." - Joseph Stalin to a boyhood friend
The foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. - 1 Corinthians 1:25

Yes... Joseph Stalin was right... The power of God is non-sense...There is no intellectual value to virtue, love, faith, hope, charity, and joy. It is the presence of the Spiritual E/c2 that is Christianities greatest friend. And its powers brought back Christianity to the Russian people...

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And the very son of God, the Lord Jesus Christ, perished in the midst of z/d...

YY_zps85069c14.png

Windmillcharge

Dec 21, 2017
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Actually belief in God is the start of sense, it is the non believe in God that is nonsense, as without God it is not possible to make sense of the univers or of life.

Without a creator there is no purpose or reason for life, no morality and no hope.

The hypocrisy of atheists is that they don't live like that.

Reactions: rockytopva

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dad is dating a Jewish Catholic lady. When talking about spiritual light she referred to some rallies in Egypt where people jumped up and down shouting, "Truth! Truth! Truth!" in Arabic.

After the conversation I began to think that the Holy Spirit light is something best experienced and shown out of the believers heart, rather than some religious definition. Interesting, though, that the mission of Saint Paul was to....

"To open their eyes, and to turn them from darkness to light, and from the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me." - Acts 26:18

I like the energy and light in Methodist times. My next YouTube video will deal with the life David Sullins, “Recollections of an Old Man – Seventy Years in Dixie” and here is his Testimony

I was converted in my twelfth year, in the old log church in the town of Athens, Tn.

Our place of worship was two miles in the country at Cedar Springs; but occasionally when there were no services at our church, we went to town to preaching. Rev. Frank Fanning was the preacher. I sat with my hands between my knees to keep them warm, and listened to the preacher. There came into my childish heart a feeling unknown before—a strange sense of the nearness and love of Jesus, of whom mother had so often spoken to me. I felt that I loved him. A simple, childlike tenderness filled my heart and I felt that he loved me. It was a most delightful sensation. I think I wept for very joy, but said nothing. It was all so new and strange and sweet that I knew nothing to say. I looked over to the seat where father and mother were seated, and such a flood of love for them swept through me that I could hardly repress the desire to run and hug them. I did actually love everybody and everything. And that sweet feeling stayed with me after the benediction. It stayed with me all about the house and barn, singing in my heart when alone in the woods; and I wanted to pray, and did not want my dog to catch that little rabbit and kill it.

Do you ask, "What was it?" I never once thought what it was. I was happy and peaceful, and everybody was good, and that was enough. Sometimes I would stay around mother and wish she would tell me to do something, that I might have the pleasure of showing her how quickly and well I could do it. It did not occur to me that I had religion. Indeed, I hardly thought a boy could get religion except at Cedar Springs Camp Meeting. But that sweet, love-everybody feeling staid with me till camp meeting. I was glad when that came. At the first call I went to the mourners' bench, and down in the straw father and mother and brother and sister came, and we prayed together, and I began to laugh and hug them. It was the same old feeling of love and tenderness which I felt on the Sunday six months before. I said: "I've got religion. Hallelujah!" It was true, and I have never had any better, and all I want now is more of it!

And there are many good stories of the like.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Yes, God is Light, Jesus is the Light of the world.

I think some of us need to be "salt and light" more than we are!!

I've been on the Site reading posts for the last couple of days...and I see so much arguing and correcting of one another...but not much LIGHT or HOPE being shared around.

I look at myself, and I say " Self, what have you done , said, or written that had blessed anyone? I can look at the Site and be disappointed by seeing what "isn't " happening on the Site ...but to my shame...I am not quite sure how to rectify the lack of 'brotherly love' and uplifting, encouraging posts.

I do enjoy @Frank Lee 's encouraging threads and stories.
So, @amadeus , @aspen , @brakelite @forrestcupp , @FHII , @VictoryinJesus @101G and all you many many many more...I can't remember all the names now..but calling all those who want to do much more than 'just argue a point' :D

My prayer tonight is...Lord, revive us again , anoint us to be life, light and blessing...

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world is full of evil and lies in sin, we need revival so much as you say. I refuse to enter into the horrible arguments that I see. I I used to be lured into them but learned they were just a trap.

Unwise to say the least. I see that MANY "have not the spirit" as brother Jude writes. They either deny the baptism in the Holy Spirit altogether or say that you get everything from God when you ask God to save you.

This is obviously not true just by reading the events in Acts.

I refuse to read the venom that many spew, perverting the Scriptures to uphold their denominations. You cannot be filled with His Holy Spirit and yet contend with every believer you meet! It's akin to meeting a stranger and instead of a handshake you punch them in you the mouth!

Lately the Lord has shown me the bottom line question is WHAT and WHO do you defend and why? So amazing that people will defend a denomination, tradition or strange belief rather than the Bible. You see scriptures twisted to support their traditions.

Absolutely the same thing Jesus dealt with. So many he churches are filled with and led by skinny cows, those that ARE "EVER learning but NEVER able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

So Tradition and denominations have such power over people! Amazing that they fashion people's minds so that all of the Bible scriptures are turned, twisted to support the errors they were taught.

I will hold to what God told me "Behold I give to you the ministry of encouragement". Lots of times God will say something and we don't recognize it at the time but when He says it it will come back to you again and again and we say "yes, that was the Lord that spoke to me". God's words remain while others fall away like windblown chaff.

What can I do to help you today? I've suffered many things in this life at my age but see that my savior, my God and king is able to make things right. As He told me some months ago, ALL WILL BE WELL.

Last edited:

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Thank you for the good post @Frank Lee I was just saying to someone...We are called to Overcome, not go under it. So many good people have just opted out because of the lack of encouraging , spiritual content ..but that leaves it on us to supply what is lacking, even though the temptation is there to just " throw in the towel".
God is indeed LIGHT...and we are here ( on this forum, and in our life) to reflect Him. Yay!!

To God be the glory! ( as Amadeus says :) )

Frank Lee

Feb 23, 2017
Ouachita Mountains
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We HAVE to encourage OURSELVES in the Lord like David. We live far from town and have had no church for years though we'd have liked to. Dead religion dominates our area. The prosperity cult on the one hand or lifeless denominationalism on the other.

So we hang onto God with our might. We CAN'T sit waiting for someone else to pump us up. Like the rubber parrot in the pink panther movie.

We MUST seek God and be filled with the spirit, singing, praying in the spirit, quoting scripture, encouraging others is a good way to be lifted up.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Good reminder...and another one I remember when feeling a little dry is :- Isaiah 52:2
"Shake thyself from the dust; arise, and sit down, O Jerusalem: loose thyself from the bands of thy neck, O captive daughter of Zion."

We can only be a blessing to others when we ourselves are free in the Spirit.

forrestcupp

Feb 10, 2013
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, God is Light, Jesus is the Light of the world.

I think some of us need to be "salt and light" more than we are!!

I've been on the Site reading posts for the last couple of days...and I see so much arguing and correcting of one another...but not much LIGHT or HOPE being shared around.

I look at myself, and I say " Self, what have you done , said, or written that had blessed anyone? I can look at the Site and be disappointed by seeing what "isn't " happening on the Site ...but to my shame...I am not quite sure how to rectify the lack of 'brotherly love' and uplifting, encouraging posts.

I do enjoy @Frank Lee 's encouraging threads and stories.
So, @amadeus , @aspen , @brakelite @forrestcupp , @FHII , @VictoryinJesus @101G and all you many many many more...I can't remember all the names now..but calling all those who want to do much more than 'just argue a point' :D

My prayer tonight is...Lord, revive us again , anoint us to be life, light and blessing...
Amen. We serve a good Father who loves all of His children.