God is male/female

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I’d blow it up for you, but you already blew it up on your own.
That's true. Because, unlike yourself, I didn't dishonestly cut off the feminine reference so to (not) make my point.

Men that insist God is a man have no biblical proof. In fact the Bible proves otherwise.

Just ignore those parts.
Oh, that's right! You do.

• Haha
Reactions: Mr E

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's true. Because, unlike yourself, I didn't dishonestly cut off the feminine reference so to (not) make my point.

Men that insist God is a man have no biblical proof. In fact the Bible proves otherwise.

Just ignore those parts.
Oh, that's right! You do.

Elohim--- Noun, masculine.

I didn't ignore that, did I? --but you did.

Eloah--- Noun, masculine.... who's being dishonest BP?

• Haha
Reactions: MA2444

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Elohim--- Noun, masculine.

I didn't ignore that, did I? --but you did.

Eloah--- Noun, masculine.... who's being dishonest BP?
You are. See, if you scroll down that linked page you'll learn more than what you think.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Point to it. Don't be coy or shy. Reference it.

Make your case.
You just made the case. You don't read the whole linked page. But sarcasm and mocking the Christian faith? Oh, you never tire of finding that to be fun.

Mr. E , Mr. Ed... Horses a--.

I'm not reading that horse hockey anymore. This is suppose to be a Christian forum. But every now and then a Satanist slips in .

• Haha

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You just made the case. You don't read the whole linked page. But sarcasm and mocking the Christian faith? Oh, you never tire of finding that to be fun.

Mr. E , Mr. Ed... Horses a--.

I'm not reading that horse hockey anymore. This is suppose to be a Christian forum. But every now and then a Satanist slips in .

In other words---- you got nothing.

So I'm a satanist because you think God is female?

Your references point to the idea of a feminine elohim "goddess" in a few specific examples from scripture. Each and every one of them refer to a false god --Dagon, Chemosh, Baal, Ashtoreth and so on.... Do you equate these with the Father?

O'Darby

Feb 17, 2024
Arizona
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG My belief is that as God created Adam in his own likeness, so Adam had both the male and female characteristics within himself. But then God removed the feminine from Adam and made a woman. So I believe God has both those qualities and it is why most of us have some small residue of hormones of the opposite sex. But I don't like to think God got it wrong when he made us and knit us together in the womb. Sadly so many people do believe that these days.
Eureka, you're a Gnostic! :) Not really, but a large number of Jews and Christians, including Gnostic Christians, reconciled the curious two creation stories in Genesis 1 and 2 by saying exactly what you are suggesting: God created Adam is His image with both male and female characteristics (Genesis 1). God later removed the feminine from Adam with the creation of Eve (Genesis 2). This was a very prevalent view in an effort to reconcile Genesis 1 and 2. For this reason, these folks saw the feminine as "derivative" of the male and the heavenly ideal as eventually reintegrating the two. This is surely why Paul said there is neither male nor female in heaven and Jesus said those in heaven neither marry nor are given in marriage but are like the angels.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Sorry that you feel I was mocking her. I was not. A simple PM from you could have cleared that up.

My point stands.
Maybe you can clear it now. If you weren't mocking her, what were you doing?

If you make a comment towards someone on a public thread, you can defend it in public too.

Reactions: BlessedPeace

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I dont see that as a real bad thing to say. I've read a lot worse from people here ,and nobody gets in trouble.

Wynona

Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 27, 2021
North Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Maybe you can clear it now. If you weren't mocking her, what were you doing?

If you make a comment towards someone on a public thread, you can defend it in public too.

Nevermind the question. It's online text so there's no way to prove what your intentions were.