God is male/female

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone consider that God made Adam and Eve. Would God have both expressions of Man and woman? If that is the case, in Christian culture, should people worry if a person chooses to change their expression from what is normal? Aren’t they able to still have a heart for God and even the Lord Jesus Christ who was raised and paid for their sins already?

Many people really focus on these type of things regarding the flesh, aren’t we all more than the flesh? But souls? Created by God?

Reactions: Mr E

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All people are created in the image of God. That image is the soul, which makes us in his likeness. To have expression, to have a mind, and a will of our own, just like him. That is also an expression of his love for having created them saying “it is good.” Which was the soul within the flesh they had lived in.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When Jesus walked the earth, he showed times of masculinity like throwing over the tables in the church, which was his Fathers will to do, due to the Pharisees having turned the house in to a robbers den, when it’s truly a place of prayer. Jesus also showed feminine traits as well, in having compassion, and mercy, such as helping people who seem his miracles even heal their own eyes. Jesus was also the Word of God, and also was in dwelled by the Holy Spirit of God.

Is it not interesting to consider these things! We are much more than flesh. I believe sometimes we forget this, we are precious souls created by God, in which we are able to have the likeness of him, by having a mind, a will, and to be able to have expression. And God created “mankind” both male and female, and are created in the likeness of his image by the given soul.

So many today look at the flesh, though we have it, it is not really us, it’s what’s within our heart (soul) that is and always has been important. And knowing that God loves all people… not just certain people. And is calling out to all people daily, and desires the heart to change. No one comes to God perfect and he is the one who knows all the secrets which he too knows all the good and the bad.

Let’s walk by the spirit, and God is Spirit, God is love, having compassion and mercy, and there are times where righteous anger may come out from time to time, however do not sit on one’s anger for to long, especially while the sun is setting.

Thank you for anyone who may consider some of these points especially in a world like ours today, we have to remember that this is not our home and we are to love our neighbors, children to share truth in compassion and mercy, by the spirit. It’s great to remember that Jesus has paid for the sins of all people, and Yahavah by his Spirit rose him up from the dead. And God is near to any and all, always calling, out. Will we do the same in help with God dwelling in us by his spirit now today? To have long suffering, to be merciful, to be at peace, etc… if we Ask he will help us and he is not far away he is a God that is near.

”I will praise the Lord at all times. I will never stop singing his praises. Humble people, listen and be happy, while I brag about the Lord. Praise the Lord with me. Let us honor his name. I went to the Lord for help, and he listened. He saved me from all that I fear. If you look to him for help, he will put a smile on your face. You will have no need to be ashamed. As a poor, helpless man I prayed to the Lord, and he heard me. He saved me from all my troubles. The Lord’s angel builds a camp around his followers, and he protects them. Give the Lord a chance to show you how good he is. Great blessings belong to those who depend on him! The Lord’s holy people should fear and respect him. Those who respect him will always have what they need. Even strong lions get weak and hungry, but those who go to the Lord for help will have every good thing. Children, come and listen to me; I will teach you to respect the Lord. Do you want to enjoy life? Do you want to have many happy days? Then avoid saying anything hurtful, and never let a lie come out of your mouth. Stop doing anything evil, and do good. Look for peace, and do all you can to help people live peacefully. The Lord watches over those who do what is right, and he hears their prayers. But the Lord is against those who do evil, so they are forgotten soon after they die. Pray to the Lord, and he will hear you. He will save you from all your troubles. The Lord is close to those who have suffered disappointment. He saves those who are discouraged. Good people might have many problems, but the Lord will take them all away. He will protect them completely. Not one of their bones will be broken. But troubles will kill the wicked. The enemies of those who live right will all be punished. The Lord saves his servants. All who go to him for protection will escape punishment.“
‭‭Psalms‬ ‭34‬:‭1‬-‭22‬ ‭ERV‬‬

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@MatthewG My belief is that as God created Adam in his own likeness, so Adam had both the male and female characteristics within himself. But then God removed the feminine from Adam and made a woman. So I believe God has both those qualities and it is why most of us have some small residue of hormones of the opposite sex. But I don't like to think God got it wrong when he made us and knit us together in the womb. Sadly so many people do believe that these days.

MA2444

Jan 9, 2024
Columbus Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I think you are over thinking this. Any time the Father, son or Holy Spirit is refrenced in scripture it is always in the masculine. God is above male and female as a Spirit and as God.

I suppose that one could perhaps make the connection that...God the Father...God the Son...so maybe the Holy Spirit would fill that bill as wife? He does say in scripture that anybody who bad mouths the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven! Thevery same reaction that many men have when their Wife is insulted. So, I dunno. But it's probably none of our business. And since scripture uses masculine pronouns for all 3...I'll stick with respecting that. :)

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@MatthewG My belief is that as God created Adam in his own likeness, so Adam had both the male and female characteristics within himself. But then God removed the feminine from Adam and made a woman. So I believe God has both those qualities and it is why most of us have some small residue of hormones of the opposite sex. But I don't like to think God got it wrong when he made us and knit us together in the womb. Sadly so many people do believe that these days.
Would you see Yahavahs Holy Spirit as anyway feminine? Do you think God looks down on people who express themselves differently? Is God unable to dwell in them? Even if by your own “feelings” disagree with their choice?
I think you are over thinking this. Any time the Father, son or Holy Spirit is refrenced in scripture it is always in the masculine. God is above male and female as a Spirit and as God.

I suppose that one could perhaps make the connection that...God the Father...God the Son...so maybe the Holy Spirit would fill that bill as wife? He does say in scripture that anybody who bad mouths the Holy Spirit will not be forgiven! Thevery same reaction that many men have when their Wife is insulted. So, I dunno. But it's probably none of our business. And since scripture uses masculine pronouns for all 3...I'll stick with respecting that. :)
Sorry those things are very confusing to me. I’m just going off the merit that God created mankind in his image male and female he created them.

”This [is] an account of the births of Adam: In the day of God's preparing man, in the likeness of God He hath made him; a male and a female He hath prepared them, and He blesseth them, and calleth their name Man, in the day of their being prepared.“
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭YLT98‬‬

”This is the history of Adam’s family. When God created people, he made them like himself. He created them male and female. And on the same day he made them, he blessed them and called them “humans.”“
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭ERV‬‬

”This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.“
‭‭Genesis‬ ‭5‬:‭1‬-‭2‬ ‭KJV‬‬

Would you see Yahavahs Holy Spirit as anyway feminine?

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

(Genesis 1:27)

Since both men and women are created "in the image of God", I question whether "image" refers to physical appearance.

And I really don't want to see this thread devolve into something crude like asking what kind of sex organs does God have.

BlessedPeace

Aug 22, 2023
Bend
akiane.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has anyone consider that God made Adam and Eve. Would God have both expressions of Man and woman? If that is the case, in Christian culture, should people worry if a person chooses to change their expression from what is normal? Aren’t they able to still have a heart for God and even the Lord Jesus Christ who was raised and paid for their sins already?

Many people really focus on these type of things regarding the flesh, aren’t we all more than the flesh? But souls? Created by God?
God is a spirit.
No gender.

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is a man. Jesus is a man. God simply took a rib and created woman to be help for man.

Reactions: Michiah-Imla

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Would you see Yahavahs Holy Spirit as anyway feminine? Do you think God looks down on people who express themselves differently? Is God unable to dwell in them? Even if by your own “feelings” disagree with their choice?
Romans 9:20
But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God is not a man.
Strange statement to make considering scripture. As we are not allowed to discuss the trinity I will not elaborate, but I will quote scripture:

Matthew 28:19-20 Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

Also the second book of Enoch describes seeing God as a man.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cassandra

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Romans 9:20
But who are you, a human being, to talk back to God? “Shall what is formed say to the one who formed it, ‘Why did you make me like this?’”
Not sure if quoting what is written by Paul that this really makes a difference concerning God being man / female. It’s understandable we go by the masculine term, he constantly. It’s just something that was brought to my attention. Whether or not you accept that, is of course between you and yourself and of course God and you know that.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So God created mankind in his own image,
in the image of God he created them;
male and female he created them.

(Genesis 1:27)

Since both men and women are created "in the image of God", I question whether "image" refers to physical appearance.

And I really don't want to see this thread devolve into something crude like asking what kind of sex organs does God have.
It’s the soul within, compared to the flesh. God shows for masculine and even Jesus shows feminine traits. Mercy, compassion, are not normally of masculine trait.

Lambano

Jul 13, 2021
Island of Misfit Toys
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It’s the soul within, compared to the flesh. God shows for masculine and even Jesus shows feminine traits. Mercy, compassion, are not normally of masculine trait.
Careful on your stereotyping. I've known some men who were indeed merciful and compassionate - and some women who were cruel and self-centered (and with a sneaky streak).

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Also the second book of Enoch describes seeing God as a man.
Yes, Jesus/God looks like a man but also has feminine qualities as do many men - not just gays. And many women also have male qualities. There was a bit of an overlap when he separated women from man. But don't forget both male and female are created in God's image, so it stands to reason.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Not sure if quoting what is written by Paul that this really makes a difference concerning God being man / female. It’s understandable we go by the masculine term, he constantly. It’s just something that was brought to my attention. Whether or not you accept that, is of course between you and yourself and of course God and you know that.
It's just that we hear of so many people these days who want to be something other than what God created; men want to be women, women want to be men and gays want to marry people of the same sex. This is not what God created.

Reactions: Adrift and Wynona