God is not an intellectual game.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
Why do people argue over the small things. I hear many argue over interpretations and the importance of human viewpoints. Do you all think that God cares about our intellectual prowess? God does not care about such trivia. He sees what is written in our hearts.Why then, do we continue to persecute each other over matters of our limited human perception? Should we not be focussing instead on our Saviour and all that glorifies Him? Would it not be more profitable in things of His kingdom for us to give every aspect of ourselves over to His will and be lead by His Holy Spirit?We should not be wasting opportunity by trivialising God's message. Do you not think that God has the power to guide us when we give ourselves completely to His will? He created the heavens and the earth and everything we can and cannot perceive. As if He is going to allow anything less to prevent His will being known to those who seek Him in everything they say, think and do.When all is revealed to us in the fullness of our lives, He will not be asking us which interpretations of His laws were more correct to our limited minds. He will make it clear to us what is written on our hearts.It matters not the day nor the hour of His return. That is why God alone knows that. We can see when the time is near and we should always be ready but we should not be so intent on attempting in vain to predict what is not important. Does it make any difference whether He returns before we pass on? Of course not! That does not change a single thing about our destiny as His chosen children.We should be focussing our energies on fulfilling God's will for us and teaching His message of salvation to those who are lost. Any day could be our last one here on this earth and that would mark the last opportunity for us to do His will.Take this seriously and forget that which inflates meaningless earthly values and remember who God is in all His glory. Remember that it is us who are to take up our crosses and follow Christ and not for us to guess at what we think He wants us to do.May we seek to glorify our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, in all we say, think and do, with all our heart, mind, soul and strength. May we give Him praise in every aspect of our lives so that others may seek Him by seeing His glory in all we do.May we seek to know His will all of the time and keep that in our hearts. May we seek His strength and saving grace to keep us free from the temptations of evil and may we continue to love and forgive those who sin against us so that we too may be forgiven by God.May God bless us all through the blood of Jesus Christ as we give Him thanks and praise for all He reveals to us and may we continue to grow in faith as we study His word and pray for His guidance to fill our hearts with His love to the point of overflowing.Amen.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(AusDisciple;67004)
Why do people argue over the small things. I hear many argue over interpretations and the importance of human viewpoints. Do you all think that God cares about our intellectual prowess? God does not care about such trivia. He sees what is written in our hearts.Why then, do we continue to persecute each other over matters of our limited human perception? Should we not be focussing instead on our Saviour and all that glorifies Him? Would it not be more profitable in things of His kingdom for us to give every aspect of ourselves over to His will and be lead by His Holy Spirit?We should not be wasting opportunity by trivialising God's message. Do you not think that God has the power to guide us when we give ourselves completely to His will? He created the heavens and the earth and everything we can and cannot perceive. As if He is going to allow anything less to prevent His will being known to those who seek Him in everything they say, think and do.When all is revealed to us in the fullness of our lives, He will not be asking us which interpretations of His laws were more correct to our limited minds. He will make it clear to us what is written on our hearts.It matters not the day nor the hour of His return. That is why God alone knows that. We can see when the time is near and we should always be ready but we should not be so intent on attempting in vain to predict what is not important. Does it make any difference whether He returns before we pass on? Of course not! That does not change a single thing about our destiny as His chosen children.We should be focussing our energies on fulfilling God's will for us and teaching His message of salvation to those who are lost. Any day could be our last one here on this earth and that would mark the last opportunity for us to do His will.Take this seriously and forget that which inflates meaningless earthly values and remember who God is in all His glory. Remember that it is us who are to take up our crosses and follow Christ and not for us to guess at what we think He wants us to do.May we seek to glorify our Lord and Saviour, Jesus Christ, in all we say, think and do, with all our heart, mind, soul and strength. May we give Him praise in every aspect of our lives so that others may seek Him by seeing His glory in all we do.May we seek to know His will all of the time and keep that in our hearts. May we seek His strength and saving grace to keep us free from the temptations of evil and may we continue to love and forgive those who sin against us so that we too may be forgiven by God.May God bless us all through the blood of Jesus Christ as we give Him thanks and praise for all He reveals to us and may we continue to grow in faith as we study His word and pray for His guidance to fill our hearts with His love to the point of overflowing.Amen.
Human perception? That is sort of a bit incorrect. Humans will always argue whether the Bible is true or not. Humans will always argue if God exist or not. Humans will always argue which interpretation is the right interpretation. Even the church's interpretation. There is no right interpretations of men. The only right interpretation is God's, as He alone does not need us to interpret for Him. We should listen to His interpretation instead of trying to do it for Him... trying to "fix" things that is never broken, but men always insist on doing it which these very verses comes to mind.Isaiah 55:8 - For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.Isaiah 55:9 - For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
(Jordan;67008)
......Humans will always argue which interpretation is the right interpretation. Even the church's interpretation. There is no right interpretations of men. The only right interpretation is God's, as He alone does not need us to interpret for Him. We should listen to His interpretation instead of trying to do it for Him... trying to "fix" things that is never broken, but men always insist on doing it which these very verses comes to mind.Isaiah 55:8 - For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.Isaiah 55:9 - For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.
....and that is exactly my point and is precisely what inspired me to write this topic. Those verses completely support what God inspired me to write.
smile.gif

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(AusDisciple;67004)
well I don't think we should ignore christian philosophy, and never try to interpret the bible, that wouldn't do any good at all. But the problem is that we let our differences in interpretation drive christ's body apart. like you said we have to keep our eyes on Christ, not on what we disagree on.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Well I do not entirely agree our father wrote us a letter what does he say of this letter" Lo I come in the volume of the book" ... Another words we are to get to know what our father says.. where does he say it in his book.. Gods Word only says one thing.. there are no contradictions in it ..only answers All contradictions all argument are of men.. and their failure to understand the VOLUME of the book .. men take a few scriptures or one idea and make a religion around it .Then they ignore or argue anything that disprove or contradicts that idea.. One must see the entire Volume of the book to get it straight that means cover to cover no contradictions if you find one it is the readers lack of understanding not Gods. Now does that mean we understand everything ..no ..but you have to consider the whole to get the part.. Another Words if one was going to watch a movie or read a book we read what the plot is about.. The plot doesn't tell us all the details only the overall view ..Most today have the wrong plot ..They see a detail in the movie/book and think its the plot and go off in some wrong direction that's religion of men.. The problem is part of the book was sealed until the latter days that's now ..the book has been opened ... but everyone wants to see their own plot that was formed by a misunderstood plot long ago and refuse to see the whole volume of the book .. that's what the arguments arethey are men's ideas tradition and words they argue about they will not see or hear ... Gods WordYour father gave you his letter/book to understand him if you love him you will read it and let him tell you what its about ...regardless of what men and their religions or traditions say .. God didn't give us the book to tell us these things if he didn't want you to read and understand it. If it wasn't important why would he have bothered the problem with men is they do not come to it like a child without preconceived ideas of men Children can understand God better than adults because they are not filled with men's ideas accept what is said without question,when a question is asked they don't have to reconcile the answer with their men's religious beliefs. they can just accept what God tells them. So it is with the book... Gods Word has no religious denomination its not catholic its not protestant its the Words of God for all mankind ...

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Christina;67091)
Well I do not entirely agree our father wrote us a letter what does he say of this letter" Lo I come in the volume of the book" ... Another words we are to get to know what our father says.. where does he say it in his book.. Gods Word only says one thing.. there are no contradictions in it ..only answers All contradictions all argument are of men.. and their failure to understand the VOLUME of the book .. men take a few scriptures or one idea and make a religion around it .Then they ignore or argue anything that disprove or contradicts that idea.. One must see the entire Volume of the book to get it straight that means cover to cover no contradictions if you find one it is the readers lack of understanding not Gods. Now does that mean we understand everything ..no ..but you have to consider the whole to get the part.. Another Words if one was going to watch a movie or read a book we read what the plot is about.. The plot doesn't tell us all the details only the overall view ..Most today have the wrong plot ..They see a detail in the movie/book and think its the plot and go off in some wrong direction that's religion of men.. The problem is part of the book was sealed until the latter days that's now ..the book has been opened ... but everyone wants to see their own plot that was formed by a misunderstood plot long ago and refuse to see the whole volume of the book .. that's what the arguments arethey are men's ideas tradition and words they argue about they will not see or hear ... Gods WordYour father gave you his letter/book to understand him if you love him you will read it and let him tell you what its about ...regardless of what men and their religions or traditions say .. God didn't give us the book to tell us these things if he didn't want you to read and understand it. If it wasn't important why would he have bothered the problem with men is they do not come to it like a child without preconceived ideas of men Children can understand God better than adults because they are not filled with men's ideas accept what is said without question,when a question is asked they don't have to reconcile the answer with their men's religious beliefs. they can just accept what God tells them. So it is with the book... Gods Word has no religious denomination its not catholic its not protestant its the Words of God for all mankind ...
I agree with Christina. God's ways and Men's ways as pointed in my previous post does not go well at all. In fact we can't even serve both masters. (Matthew 6:24, Luke 16:13)Psalm 40:7 - Then said I, Lo, I come: in the volume of the book it is written of me,Hebrews 10:7 - Then said I, Lo, I come (in the volume of the book it is written of me,) to do thy will, O God.John 5:39 - Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me.II Peter 1:20 - Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation.II Timothy 2:15 - Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

AusDisciple

Dec 19, 2008
(Christina;67091)
.......All contradictions all argument are of men.. and their failure to understand the VOLUME of the book .. men take a few scriptures or one idea and make a religion around it .Then they ignore or argue anything that disprove or contradicts that idea.. One must see the entire Volume of the book to get it straight that means cover to cover no contradictions if you find one it is the readers lack of understanding not Gods....
(Jordan;67093)
I agree with Christina. God's ways and Men's ways as pointed in my previous post does not go we at all. In fact we can't even serve both masters. (Matthew 6:24, Luke 16:13).......
It looks like we're all in agreement here. Both of you have just summarised the very reason I posted this topic. What you have both said here is exactly what my first post is all about.
smile.gif
That is why God writes His laws on our hearts, so we know and understand what His written word is telling us from the direct connection He has with each of us as we read. He brings the words we read in His Holy Bible to life in our hearts. As we grow closer to Him, we understand deeper and deeper levels of His written word, much like peeling an onion.

Letsgofishing

Nov 27, 2007
(Christina;67091)
I agree with you completelyI'm just saying that disagreeing on the serpent theory or what is the Antichrist, or once saved always saved, is no reason to call the person your talking with not a christian.when the early disciples disagreed on the if you needed circumcision to be saved they held a council to work their disagreements out(acts 15). They did not split apart into two separate denominations. we need to be one as our father is one. Keep our eyes on Christ. Because belongs to no specific group of true Christians, he belongs to all true Christians, whether their interpretation is right or wrong.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(Letsgofishing;67107)
(Christina;67091)
I agree with you completleyI'm just saying that disagreeing on the serpent theory or what is the Antichrist, or once saved always saved, is no reason to call the person your talking with not a christian.when the early disciples disagreed on the if you needed circumsicion to be saved they held a council to work their disagreements out(acts 15). They did not split apart into two seperate denominations.we need to be one as our father is one. Keep our eyes on Christ.II Corinthians 11:4 - For if he that cometh preacheth another Jesus, whom we have not preached, or if ye receive another spirit, which ye have not received, or another gospel, which ye have not accepted, ye might well bear with him.I John 4:1 - Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.All I'm going to say is we have to take heed. While deeper study has nothing to do with salvation, but not to be able to understand the deeper things can lead to false prophets because people in these times loves to water down the plan to understand God's plan.