God needs to change....

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
of course, you digress, Randor. if God made us and we disobeyed - how is He not culpable?

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
I wouldn't call that digressing............that was some beautiful teaching if ya ask me.
But hey.......I've only been on this earth for a few seconds...but if I remember correctly...i believe God at one time was a little ticked He even created us.
And 99% of eveything we don't know or understand will be answered in a few more seconds.

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
Dan57 said:
God is perfect, God is good, God is righteous, so why would God need to change? Don't presume that God is responsible for this world or has taken charge of it, The world is not a nice place because the "prince of this world" is not a nice guy. Jesus said that his kingdom was not of this world, so we can hardly blame God for the state of things. We need to change, not God.The world will be a better place when Jesus returns and eliminates sin. But until then, we're stuck in funky town.
yeah, we always say god is perfect, good is good...........! i wonder where imperfection came out from, i wonder where evil came out from too since a perfect god made all things. what if god change? The change i mean here is beyond my understanding but its like this; if something remains constant for a long period of time in which suffering is much compared to enjoyment, then that constant thing needs to change so that enjoyment can increase compared to suffering....! in other words, if you as a human keeps doing one particular for a long period of time without progress, won't there be a need for a change perhaps comes progress?
aspen said:
So, if my dog came over to your house and crapped on your carpet and chewed up your couch.....whose fault would that be....mine or the dogs?
who else if not the creator of the dog? if the creator had made the dog better, then the dog would do better things.
RANDOR said:
in that case.....then maybe your dog...was tempted by satan to chew up the couch.
:D
RANDOR said:
We do by not listening to him..........i use to listen to satan all the time...i was his right hand man so to speak.
My hard earned money would go to him, my thoughts would go to him, my life was lived only for him.....so I chewed and crapped on a lot of things.

and he is not happy one bit......that I got to God before he totaly got to me (death)

HALLEUJAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PRAISE HIS NAME. GLORY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i pray you end up victorious.
aspen said:
of course, you digress, Randor. if God made us and we disobeyed - how is He not culpable?
i wonder why.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
beautiful teaching or not - you used it to deflect the issue at hand. i tend to believe that God created us for one purpose; to love God and neighbor perfectly. We decided to take on more responsibilities - determining right from wrong. since we were not designed for the task, we failed and continue to fail apart from God. Evil is operating outside our job description and failing to love others as we were designed to do.

Loving selflessly is loving perfectly.

Dan57

Sep 25, 2012
Illinois
Faith
Country
United States
Jude said:
yeah, we always say god is perfect, good is good...........! i wonder where imperfection came out from, i wonder where evil came out from too since a perfect god made all things. what if god change? The change i mean here is beyond my understanding but its like this; if something remains constant for a long period of time in which suffering is much compared to enjoyment, then that constant thing needs to change so that enjoyment can increase compared to suffering....! in other words, if you as a human keeps doing one particular for a long period of time without progress, won't there be a need for a change perhaps comes progress?
Everything God created was good, but man was given free will and our disobedience resulted in this fallen world. Our surroundings and hardships are the result of our choices. Sin was not created by God, sin emanated from within us and affected everything else. So the existing Imperfections were caused by us, they won't last forever, but are necessary for every soul to experience prior to God changing everything. If we didn't suffer, we would never repent and there would be no progress, just death.

Madad21

Boast in Christ
Dec 28, 2013
aspen said:
if God made us and we disobeyed - how is He not culpable?
James 1:13-15
13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
Madad21 said:
James 1:13-15
13 When tempted, no one should say, “God is tempting me.” For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone; 14 but each person is tempted when they are dragged away by their own evil desire and enticed. 15 Then, after desire has conceived, it gives birth to sin; and sin, when it is full-grown, gives birth to death.
hmmmmm! care to explain this mathew 4 "then jesus was led up by the spirit into the wilderness to be tempted by the devil"

RANDOR

Fishin Everyday
Apr 13, 2014
HEAVEN
Madad.....I know i know...you wrote me a month or so back....sayin I should use the scriptures more or something like that....but my friend...I also warned you of the details and who is in those details.....ya don't want to be caught in the details....you only want to speak your mind as the Holy Spirit really wants. The most glorious thing is your testimony...speak from that...you are very good at it.

God knows you/me know the scriptures.....but not to battle with.......you battle with your testimony.....for that is what satan wants so desperately to take from you.

Trust me...I learned this a long time ago.....we can't afford satan to whisper in our ears over something irrellevant as scriptures batteling for clarity....
as he (satan) alwayzzzz sayzzzzzz....."are you confused? let me help you"
Thus we can become more confused.

There is a pattern.....have ya noticed?..........all mislead or man taught scriptures usually come with no testimony or praise.
Or by chance there is a testimony from these types of people...it is usually selfish....like i prayed for a new car and whalllaaaa.

Hey...I took what you wrote me, you said I tell you this in love.............and I took it that way..thank you
Please do the same here from me.
You are a true inspiration to me. † And I thank God right now.....to have a brother as yourself in Christ.
God Bless

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would anyone who is an expert be tempted to behave like an amateur? God is not tempted to do anything less than perfectly. It doesn't really say anything amazing about God - he is amazing for other reasons. It sort of like a kid being amazed that an adult isn't tempted to pick their nose and eat it. It probably doesn't even occur to God to sin. Jesus being tempted in the desert was an example for us, not a character building exercise for Him. God doesn't want for anything either, but Jesus did - in His humbled state he wanted and desired and overcame.

We, from our fallen point of view, think of overcoming sin as depriving ourselves of fun. In actuality, sinning is behaving selfishly. It is failing to love others before our own self interest.

As far as God being culpable - he can only be viewed that way by fallen humanity who is unable to take responsibility for our actions - it is an exercise in shifting the blame - the same game Eve played when she blamed the serpent and the same Adam played when he blamed Eve. It just think it is an interesting topic.

God was acting in our self interest when He made animal skins for A&E and allowed us to exist with natural consequences for our actions

shturt678s

Apr 16, 2014
Madad21 said:
looking smooth brother hit em with grizzly later ;)

What happened when the verb asked the noun to conjugate?
.........The noun declined :D
Agape ur adage...will be using it.

Old, still learning English, Jack

StanJ

Lifelong student of God's Word.
May 13, 2014
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
aspen said:
So, if my dog came over to your house and crapped on your carpet and chewed up your couch.....whose fault would that be....mine or the dogs?
Well as I love dogs, and people are way smarter, I'd slap YOU upside you head for not paying attention. ;)