God Please Take Away Freewill

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
I pray God should take away freewill from humans and let His commands be obeyed! say Amen to this!!!

Jesus Christ lives forever!!!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I pray God should take away freewill from humans and let His commands be obeyed! say Amen to this!!!

God will never take away free will from man, for that is not what love does, Love gives us choice, you have the choice to love or hate God , to love or hate your fellow man, He says, you have the choice of life or death, choose life, He says just belive that I sent My son, who died for you so that you could come spend eternity with Me in heaven, if people choose not to believe, or choose hell over heaven, that is there problem, He offered them His hand; Look at satan, he choose to defy God, cost him his position and now he is destined to hell, that was his choice. Pride is a killer, if you have any ask God to rid you of it, it is a thorn in the side of all men.

in His Love

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

judd

Apr 2, 2010
Nigeria
God will never take away free will from man, for that is not what love does, Love gives us choice, you have the choice to love or hate God , to love or hate your fellow man, He says, you have the choice of life or death, choose life, He says just belive that I sent My son, who died for you so that you could come spend eternity with Me in heaven, if people choose not to believe, or choose hell over heaven, that is there problem, He offered them His hand; Look at satan, he choose to defy God, cost him his position and now he is destined to hell, that was his choice. Pride is a killer, if you have any ask God to rid you of it, it is a thorn in the side of all men.

in His Love

That's your own belief! I am praying that God should take freewill away! It has not helped humans nor angels!

Templar81

Apr 14, 2010
UK
You must never ask God to do that because taking away free will is the kind of the the devil would do. A God that just has mindless slaves doing his bidding wouldn't be the God that we all know and love. That is why it can never happen.

You can however ask God to make you not want to sin, but never tomake you amindless drone. God gave us free will, it is a gift but we have to use it carefully, it is a double edged sword.

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Yes, let's take all the joy from our Father experiencing when our hearts crack
open and love him.
Yes, let's all be robots and go against God's Plan and intention.

( Rare sarcasm alert)

Reactions: Miss Hepburn

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I believe that while I at least feel like I can turn right or left, that my choice was already planned and ordained for by God.
There's nothing that happens apart from his plan. He is not a reactionary God.
Christ was never plan B.

So no, I don't believe in free will. The key word there is free, which means unrestricted. Do we have unrestricted will in all things at all times? No.
I also don't think our lives are forced all the time, either. SOMEHOW, God's sovereignty makes his will happen without infringing on ours.
Look at Ephesians 1. If God has pre-selected us for adoption, how do you suppose, if we had truly free (unrestricted) will, he'd ensure that happens? Thus, I just don't believe in free will.

And as I said, I don't believe in robotic will, either... Somehow the two work in tandem, I can only speculate as to how. God is bigger than I am, I'll never fully understand it. I have a human mind and sit INSIDE of this, and not OUTSIDE of it like God. I'm part of his plan, I can't see it from the outside.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

I cannot do this with you.

Rather, I will pray that God help me and you to always do His perfect will at all times.

God does love us and He wants us to freely choose to love Him in return. Some will and some do, but as you know many will not. God always has a purpose in doing the things the that He does. It is His plan, not ours. He understands everything perfectly and our understanding of His purposes are only as completely as He made it for each of us.

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Freewell is a gift, not a curse. If you want to pray for God to take away something, pray that He will remove our tendency to misuse His creation.

Larry Conlley

Jun 29, 2010
I would have to say at this point in time, that the only place I can see any kind of free will that man has, is in his own mind and even then God puts those thoughts there. This notion of free will is just like the notion of unconditional love. Imaginary.

Visitor

Aug 18, 2009

in His Love
Free will is a myth and not Biblical. That’s why you can’t show us one time in the Bible where it says free will can, or will save anyone. I know, you can show us what you think means free will, but the Bible has much to say on this topic. Here are a couple of scriptures on the topic.

John 10:26-28 "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."

John 15:16 "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in my name He may give you."

And before you say it would be unjust.

Rom. 9 9-23 "For this is a word of promise: 'At this time I will come, and Sarah shall have a son.' And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; ( For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth; ) It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,"

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Free will is a myth and not Biblical. That’s why you can’t show us one time in the Bible where it says free will can, or will save anyone. I know, you can show us what you think means free will, but the Bible has much to say on this topic. Here are a couple of scriptures on the topic.

John 10:26-28 "But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you. My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me: And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand."

John 15:16 "You did not choose Me, but I chose you and appointed you that you should go and bear fruit, and that your fruit should remain, that whatever you ask the Father in my name He may give you."

And before you say it would be unjust.

Rom. 9 9-23 "For this is a word of promise: 'At this time I will come, and Sarah shall have a son.' And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac; ( For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth; ) It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger. As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated. What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid. For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion. So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy. For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth. Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour? What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction: And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,"

I'll step out on a limb here and ask, do you interpret scripture in context of the three earth ages?

Visitor

Aug 18, 2009
I'll step out on a limb here and ask, do you interpret scripture in context of the three earth ages?
The Holy Bible gives us all the information we need, but I don’t see it addressing the age/ages before the creation story. I have a lot of thoughts about the way things may have happened, but when it comes to “interpreting scripture” I try to be careful not to read things into the Bible that are not clearly addressed. I don’t claim to know it all, I continue to learn and grow. I do think it’s clear that the God of The Holy Bible created the world and he has chosen certain ones before the foundation of the word. The Bible teaches that, but we always have people that already have a set of beliefs and they look for anything they feel justifies their beliefs. This is the case with the free will doctrine. People find anything they can to show they are in control of their own salvation. What is more prideful, or arrogant than to think your free will can stand in the way of God’s plan of salvation? If God drawing me to Him makes me a robot, just call me mr. robot.

Rom. 9: Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

I don’t think those promoting free will intend to promote false doctrine, it’s just what they’ve been programmed to believe. I could point out many umbilical beliefs the masses have been programmed to believe. Free Will, Those AntiChirst That Reject Our God Are His Chosen, Love The Sinner, Hate The Sin, All Sin Is The Same, the list goes on and on. Show me in the Bible where it clearly says any of those things, not what you think means the same thing.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
I have a lot of thoughts about the way things may have happened, but when it comes to “interpreting scripture” I try to be careful not to read things into the Bible that are not clearly addressed.
Amen. That's a rampant problem on these boards.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
The Holy Bible gives us all the information we need, but I don’t see it addressing the age/ages before the creation story. I have a lot of thoughts about the way things may have happened, but when it comes to “interpreting scripture” I try to be careful not to read things into the Bible that are not clearly addressed. I don’t claim to know it all, I continue to learn and grow. I do think it’s clear that the God of The Holy Bible created the world and he has chosen certain ones before the foundation of the word. The Bible teaches that, but we always have people that already have a set of beliefs and they look for anything they feel justifies their beliefs. This is the case with the free will doctrine. People find anything they can to show they are in control of their own salvation. What is more prideful, or arrogant than to think your free will can stand in the way of God’s plan of salvation? If God drawing me to Him makes me a robot, just call me mr. robot.

Rom. 9: Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth. Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will? Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus? Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?

Eph 1:4 According as he hath chosen us in him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before him in love:

Heb 1:10 And, Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:

I don’t think those promoting free will intend to promote false doctrine, it’s just what they’ve been programmed to believe. I could point out many umbilical beliefs the masses have been programmed to believe. Free Will, Those AntiChirst That Reject Our God Are His Chosen, Love The Sinner, Hate The Sin, All Sin Is The Same, the list goes on and on. Show me in the Bible where it clearly says any of those things, not what you think means the same thing.

Thanks for the well written expression. A direct question can sometimes establish a greater comprehension about an individual. Your quotation of scripture along with your observation that free will is not clearly defined perhaps can lead to a better description or understanding.
You are well versed so I'm not going to post every quote of scripture but will If necessary.
There are several places in the OT that indicate God is a reader of mens minds, as well as Pauls and Peters observation that salvation is the product of the renewing of your mind a good conceits towards God. But Paul also says we are saved by grace threw faith, not of ourselves but of God. The result being that the mystery of God thus being revealed. Something that he says was hidden, spoken of by the Prophets, but is now known by those whom have accepted Christ, now back to Gods searching mens minds and hearts finding them with a good conceits He enters into them by the HS. Now we have become the temple of God just as Paul also wrote. Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God. Paul as an example, indwelt with the Spirit, is in effect the word of God, men hearing reason in there mind as their heart is also softened in the understanding of the truth, but as you see God threw Paul is the active component, faith comes by hearing. We are saved BY GRACE threw faith. I hope I have both given support for your statement about " free will " and opened a greater understanding of the mystery of Gods salvation. I completely agree salvation is not the result of a mans choice "free will" in a vacuum but is instead the result of to active components man and God. Behold I stand at the door and knock, and any man that hears my voice I will come in. Two active components least any man should boast. And of course after Jesus comes in we do not serve yourselves, as in serving my "free will". But we now have a new battle within us it is no longer the mind our inter being but the flesh we war with. Romans 7:22-25. I agree free will is a rather broad term used to describe a mystery kept hidden to many even to this day.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
Faith comes by hearing and hearing by the word of God.
Behold I stand at the door and knock, and any man that hears my voice I will come in
What free will people like to read into this is still free choice when the fact is that these texts do not address WHO can hear.
Thus these texts are wholly inadequate on their own to build a doctrine with. (like free will)

You must go to other scripture to answer the question of who can hear or see... And the answer is a resounding, "only those God has enabled".

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
What free will people like to read into this is still free choice when the fact is that these texts do not address WHO can hear.
Thus these texts are wholly inadequate on their own to build a doctrine with. (like free will)

You must go to other scripture to answer the question of who can hear or see... And the answer is a resounding, "only those God has enabled".

That question might better be looked at from the context of what prevents us from hearing and seeing. Jesus said the scribes and Pharisees were of their father the devil.
He the devil Satin is the other active component. Drawing mens hearts away from the truth. So in light of that is it mens free will making choices in a vacuum again? Man reasoning in the isolation of his own thoughts? Probably not. In the garden it was the serpent that influenced, today the serpent has had lots of time to put into place lots of questions Gen 3:1 about God. All of that information that impedes or creates doubt about Jesus was started in the garden. So back to the first statement is it man free will? Or is it mans mind influenced by lies about Jesus that keeps him un-hearing and unseeing? We can use the same reasoning when it comes to Gods word or knowing and understanding the Bible.

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
He the devil Satin is the other active component. Drawing mens hearts away from the truth.
Nope, sorry.

Free Will people have this idea that Satan is "at war" with God and God is just "hoping" to win out...
I don't know about you but if Satan is checking God's hand then God's promises for the end of time might not work out exactly how he plans them. I don't know about you, but that isn't a God. And it's certainly not the God I worship. Satan must ask God to do anything to his creation: look at Job. "Can I do this?"

Satan is also not omnipresent. Free Willers like to pretend that he is and works in everyone's lives to blind them to the truth.
But King David stated he was sinful at birth. WE blinded ourselves. That's all there is to it and you can't get around it no matter how hard you try. A sinful person cannot submit to God.

Free Willers like to believe that sin is an active force that's blinding them to God.
This is not true. Sin is simply disobedience to God. It's an action performed by the person, it's not an evil force causing us to do bad. It's us doing bad!!!! WE put ourselves in this situation. WE sin.

Blaming it on Satan is simply escapist theory. It's an excuse. A justification to sin. It fits our culture, doesn't it? We have an excuse for everything now.
"No, Lord, I didn't sin because I was bad, I sinned because Satan made me do it."- how on earth do you suppose that would fly before the throne of God. Do you think he'll grant you a pardon of any sort for that excuse? Do you think he'll even hold any merit to that excuse?

The Free Willer reads assumptions into the text about WHO is able to hear. These assumptions are not in the text. Thus, at best, it comes down to forming a doctrine on incomplete information. How ignorant and disastrous.
We must look to other texts to see the WHO is able to hear, and again: it's a resounding unified answer of, "Only those God has enabled".

I will never again jump on the excuse-ridden, God-limiting, self-exalting bandwagon of free will.

bud02

Aug 14, 2010
Nope, sorry.

Free Will people have this idea that Satan is "at war" with God and God is just "hoping" to win out...
I don't know about you but if Satan is checking God's hand then God's promises for the end of time might not work out exactly how he plans them. I don't know about you, but that isn't a God. And it's certainly not the God I worship. Satan must ask God to do anything to his creation: look at Job. "Can I do this?"

Satan is also not omnipresent. Free Willers like to pretend that he is and works in everyone's lives to blind them to the truth.
But King David stated he was sinful at birth. WE blinded ourselves. That's all there is to it and you can't get around it no matter how hard you try. A sinful person cannot submit to God.

Free Willers like to believe that sin is an active force that's blinding them to God.
This is not true. Sin is simply disobedience to God. It's an action performed by the person, it's not an evil force causing us to do bad. It's us doing bad!!!! WE put ourselves in this situation. WE sin.

Blaming it on Satan is simply escapist theory. It's an excuse. A justification to sin. It fits our culture, doesn't it? We have an excuse for everything now.
"No, Lord, I didn't sin because I was bad, I sinned because Satan made me do it."- how on earth do you suppose that would fly before the throne of God. Do you think he'll grant you a pardon of any sort for that excuse? Do you think he'll even hold any merit to that excuse?

The Free Willer reads assumptions into the text about WHO is able to hear. These assumptions are not in the text. Thus, at best, it comes down to forming a doctrine on incomplete information. How ignorant and disastrous.
We must look to other texts to see the WHO is able to hear, and again: it's a resounding unified answer of, "Only those God has enabled".

I will never again jump on the excuse-ridden, God-limiting, self-exalting bandwagon of free will.

Look you have made your point clear several days ago. You blame God for putting the idea of sin in Satan in the first place. God says in Gen what is this you have done? Paul says that sin entered into the world because of the one transgression. That transgression was not carried out in the vacuum of Adam and Eve their was an influence.
I would appreciate it If you wouldn't troll my post, it's clear we don't agree. I started a conversation with Mr white and am interested in hearing his comments not yours.

Its evident you blame God for mans downfall as well as Satins.
http://www.christian...dpost__p__99186

edit typos

TexUs

Nov 18, 2010
You can feel free to ignore me so you are not challenged by my postings, however I will not cease to state the truth and correct errors in yours.

Have a good day.