God promises:

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom_8:27 And he that searcheth the hearts knoweth what is the mind of the Spirit, because he maketh intercession for the saints according to the will of God.
Rom_12:2 And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
Rom_15:32 That I may come unto you with joy by the will of God, and may with you be refreshed.
1Co_1:1 Paul, called to be an apostle of Jesus Christ through the will of God, and Sosthenes our brother,
1Co_4:5 Therefore judge nothing before the time, until the Lord come, who both will bring to light the hidden things of darkness, and will make manifest the counsels of the hearts: and then shall every man have praise of God.
1Co_14:25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.
2Co_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timothy our brother, unto the church of God which is at Corinth, with all the saints which are in all Achaia:
2Co_6:16 And what agreement hath the temple of God with idols? for ye are the temple of the living God; as God hath said, I will dwell in them, and walk in them; and I will be their God, and they shall be my people.
2Co_8:5 And this they did, not as we hoped, but first gave their own selves to the Lord, and unto us by the will of God.
2Co_10:13 But we will not boast of things without our measure, but according to the measure of the rule which God hath distributed to us, a measure to reach even unto you.
2Co_12:21 And lest, when I come again, my God will humble me among you, and that I shall bewail many which have sinned already, and have not repented of the uncleanness and fornication and lasciviousness which they have committed.
Gal_1:4 Who gave himself for our sins, that he might deliver us from this present evil world, according to the will of God and our Father:
Eph_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, to the saints which are at Ephesus, and to the faithful in Christ Jesus:
Eph_6:6 Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart;
Php_2:13 For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure.
Col_1:1 Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God, and Timotheus our brother,
Col_4:12 Epaphras, who is one of you, a servant of Christ, saluteth you, always labouring fervently for you in prayers, that ye may stand perfect and complete in all the will of God.
1Th_4:3 For this is the will of God, even your sanctification, that ye should abstain from fornication:
1Th_5:18 In every thing give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you.

We can have a understanding of what the will of God is by reading these portions.
We can... as we open our hearts and allow God to lead us! Without Him we can do nothing!

Reactions: Johann

JunChosen

Apr 7, 2020
Los Angeles
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jehovah desires everyone to be saved Jun, and I mostly do as well, I guess I am not quite as loving as Him sir, but here is His inspired words about that: 2pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some count slackness; but is longsuffering to you-ward, not wishing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.
As I've said, you do not have a good grasp on salvation!!! You can't even understand what God is saying in 2 Peter 3:9
More understandably:
(2 Peter 3:9) . . .Jehovah is not slow concerning his promise, as some people consider slowness, but he is patient with you because he does not desire anyone to be destroyed but desires all to attain to repentance.
The terms "He does not desire anyone [that is, any true believer] to be destroyed, but desires all [believers] to attain to repentance. STOP teaching heresy! You're in the market place and it is a sin to lead people astray.

This is where we part company concerning God's salvation and where the rubber meets the road! Your ears are dull in hearing and cannot comprehend the Scripture.

Last edited:

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Chris, God is a spirit very true, and He resided in heaven when Jesus was on earth. The Greek word en is translated many different ways, but remember Jesus stated very clearly these words: Lu 22:42 saying, Father, if thou be willing, remove this cup from me: nevertheless not my will, but thine, be done. That is the way that God was in Christ, as Jesus did His will, and not his own, although it should be his own, since we are all striving to do God's will ourselves Mat 7:21
To wit, that God was in Christ,
reconciling the world unto Himself,
not imputing their trespasses unto them;
and hath committed unto us
the word of reconciliation.'

(2 Cor. 5:19)

Hello @Robert Gwin,

By whatever means: God indwelt the Lord Jesus Christ: Through Him He accomplished the work of reconciliation.

When God's word says that, 'God was in Christ', it means just what it says. God was 'IN' Christ. No human reasoning is called for, only the faith to believe all that God says in His word.

In Christ Jesus
Chris

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
As I've said, you do not have a good grasp on salvation!!! You can't even understand what God is saying in 2 Peter 3:9

The terms "He does not desire anyone [that is, any true believer] to be destroyed, but desires all [believers] to attain to repentance. STOP teaching heresy! You're in the market place and it is a sin to lead people astray.

This is where we part company concerning God's salvation and where the rubber meets the road! Your ears are dull in hearing and cannot comprehend the Scripture.
Would you care to give your understanding of what salvation is Jun?

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To wit, that God was in Christ,
reconciling the world unto Himself,
not imputing their trespasses unto them;
and hath committed unto us
the word of reconciliation.'

(2 Cor. 5:19)

Hello @Robert Gwin,

By whatever means: God indwelt the Lord Jesus Christ: Through Him He accomplished the work of reconciliation.

When God's word says that, 'God was in Christ', it means just what it says. God was 'IN' Christ. No human reasoning is called for, only the faith to believe all that God says in His word.

In Christ Jesus
Chris
God was in heaven when Christ was on earth, and even spoke from heaven at his baptism. Maybe a more understandable version of the Bible will help Maam: (2 Corinthians 5:19) . . .namely, that God was by means of Christ reconciling a world to himself, not counting their offenses against them, and he entrusted to us the message of the reconciliation.

That version makes clear the meaning of the term Charity.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
God was in heaven when Christ was on earth, and even spoke from heaven at his baptism. Maybe a more understandable version of the Bible will help Maam: (2 Corinthians 5:19) . . .namely, that God was by means of Christ reconciling a world to himself, not counting their offenses against them, and he entrusted to us the message of the reconciliation.

'Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?
the words that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself:
but the Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works.
Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me:
or else believe Me for the very works' sake.'

(Joh 14:10)

Hello @Robert Gwin,

I have no problem understanding the version that I have, thank you. God is spirit, and is omnipresent. It is not for us to limit Him to the confines of our own understanding. I believe what is written. God was 'in' Christ, His words proceeded out of Christ's mouth, and His works were performed by Christ's hands.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus

Last edited:

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

..the "by means of" is not found in this verse

2Co 5:19 It was God [personally present] in Christ, reconciling and restoring the world to favor with Himself, not counting up and holding against [men] their trespasses [but cancelling them], and committing to us the message of reconciliation (of the restoration to favor).
AMP.

ως οτι θεος ην εν χριστω κοσμον καταλλασσων εαυτω μη λογιζομενος αυτοις τα παραπτωματα αυτων και θεμενος εν ημιν τον λογον της καταλλαγης

The ministry of reconciliation is here explained as the message that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. There are two possible understandings of this statement, both of which are scripturally correct. First of all, we may think of it as saying that God was in Christ, in the sense that the Lord Jesus Christ is Deity. This is certainly true. But then we could also understand it as meaning that God was, in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself. In other words, He was reconciling the world, but He was doing it in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Whichever interpretation we accept, the truth remains clear that God was actively removing the cause of the estrangement that had come between Himself and man by dealing with sin. God does not need to be reconciled, but man does need to be reconciled to Him.

Shalom
J.

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
' God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake
in time past unto the fathers by the prophets,
Hath in these last days spoken unto us by His Son,
Whom He hath appointed heir of all things,
by Whom also He made the worlds;
Who being the brightness of His glory,
and the express image of His person,
and upholding all things by the word of His power,
when He had by Himself purged our sins,
sat down on the right hand of the Majesty on high;'

(Heb 1:2-3)

Johann

Apr 2, 2022
Durban South Africa
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa

2Co 5:19 It was God [personally present] in Christ, reconciling and restoring the world to favor with Himself, not counting up and holding against [men] their trespasses [but cancelling them], and committing to us the message of reconciliation (of the restoration to favor).
AMP.

ως οτι θεος ην εν χριστω κοσμον καταλλασσων εαυτω μη λογιζομενος αυτοις τα παραπτωματα αυτων και θεμενος εν ημιν τον λογον της καταλλαγης

The ministry of reconciliation is here explained as the message that God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself. There are two possible understandings of this statement, both of which are scripturally correct. First of all, we may think of it as saying that God was in Christ, in the sense that the Lord Jesus Christ is Deity. This is certainly true. But then we could also understand it as meaning that God was, in Christ, reconciling the world to Himself. In other words, He was reconciling the world, but He was doing it in the person of the Lord Jesus Christ.

Whichever interpretation we accept, the truth remains clear that God was actively removing the cause of the estrangement that had come between Himself and man by dealing with sin. God does not need to be reconciled, but man does need to be reconciled to Him.

Shalom
J.

Reactions: charity

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
'Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me?
the words that I speak unto you I speak not of Myself:
but the Father that dwelleth in Me, He doeth the works.
Believe me that I am in the Father, and the Father in Me:
or else believe Me for the very works' sake.'

(Joh 14:10)

Hello @Robert Gwin,

I have no problem understanding the version that I have, thank you. God is spirit, and is omnipresent. It is not for us to limit Him to the confines of our own understanding. I believe what is written. God was 'in' Christ, His words proceeded out of Christ's mouth, and His works were performed by Christ's hands.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Yes maam, everything that Jesus taught was God's words, he was perfect after all. He even said that:
(John 17:14) . . .I have given your word to them. . .
Even before he came to the earth as Jesus, he was always God's spokesman maam, that is why he is given the title the Word.

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

AMP.

Shalom
J.
ejn En (en);
Word Origin: Greek, Preposition, Strong #: 1722
  1. in, by, with etc.
KJV Word Usage and Count
in1874
by141
with134
among117
at112
on46
through37
miscellaneous321

AMP.

Shalom
J.
The fact is God was in heaven, your version did not select the best usage for the way they used it throughout their version. The way your version rendered it leads many to understand it differently than the verse was portraying sir. Clearly with would have been the most appropriate way to keep the integrity of the verse for understanding.

ejn En (en);
Word Origin: Greek, Preposition, Strong #: 1722

in, by, with etc.
KJV Word Usage and Count
in 1874
by 141
with 134
among 117
at 112
on 46
through 37
miscellaneous 321

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

AMP.

Shalom
J.
Since God was in heaven, what is meant by the verse Joe? As I said in the other post you sent on this topic, God was with Jesus, how do you understand it sir?

Wrangler

Feb 14, 2021
Shining City on a Hill
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where do you read this?
Blessed is the one who perseveres under trial because, having stood the test, that person will receive the crown of life that the Lord has promised to those who love him.
James 1:12

You don't see a component of effort for an individual there?

On top of this, Jesus said to ask, seek and knock, in addition to pick up your cross. All these are calls to action from our lord, yes? It means, doing nothing on our part is NOT an option.

Last edited: