God so loved the World that He gave His only begotten Son

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Karl Peters

May 18, 2021
Fontana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
John 3:16 is perhaps the best known verse in the Bible! It was the first verse I learned at the Baptist my parents took me to as a child - and it says God loved the World - which was the very reason behind the Father asking His Son to come down out of heaven, take on flesh, minster, and to wind up on the cross!!

Now it is written that we are in this world but not of this world! So why are we in this world?? Did we not also read that Jesus does as He see His father do?

Isn't it obvious that if we are called sons and daughters of Christ, and we are in this world, that we should have a God like love for this world?? Or did we come to know God and somehow did not come to also have some love for this world like God??

The more I talk to the Lord my God, the more I feel His love for this world. That does not mean He agrees with them! He hates the way this world acts! So there is also something about if we don't hate this world we are not worthy of heaven. So we must love this world and hate what it does - for power - for money - for control - for selfishness - etc.

Which bring me to the current event in this country - which is the obvious issue of the Democrats and liberals targeting Donald Trump. Now being targeted does not mean Trump knows the Lord. It is still harder for a rich man to get into heaven than for a camel to get through the eye of a needle. Never-the-less, since I know how much God cares for this world, I try and get people (all people) to turn to the Lord and listen to Him as the KIng of kings and Lord of lords.

That is to say that if you are any type of leader - you need to actually listen to Him. And I hate this absolutely targeting of political opponents, and more so the corrupt "Justice" that goes on in this country! That too goes back to people not listening to Him! And they are going to pay and eternal price for that failure to listen to Him as the King who is over all things. We/I don't want that to happen! So we who hear from the Lord or God Jesus Christ, need to point out the corruption, and I suppose even if it means carry the cross we have to carry!

John the Baptist pointed out the corruption and sexual issues of the days of Herod time. So, that political leader of his time cut off his head!

John the Baptist did not rebel, but did point out the corruption and sin of the time which needed to be repented of and that included the political and religious leaders, and even though he would have persecution.

Jesus explained that John was right to call them vipers.

Mat 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees coming for baptism, he said to them, “You brood of vipers, who warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Mark 6:17 For Herod himself had sent and had John arrested and bound in prison on account of Herodias, the wife of his brother Philip, because he had married her.

We have our Vipers (those who have poison in their mouths) The very words they say are poison to our society!! When they speak, they speak a lie, just like their father the devil.

So if we love the world but hate what we see in it, we will try and get them to repent of their ways and turn to Jesus Christ and listen to Him!!!!

I recently saw and have seen it before, where some "Christian" on this forum has written that we are not to have anything to do with this world!! That just means they are not listening to God! That is just wrong!!! In fact we are in this world to try and get them to repent and turn to Jesus Christ as the Word of God - meaning to get them to seek the Lord. That applies to all of us.

We all need to repent of our ways and open up to Jesus Christ to hear what ways He wants us to go TODAY!!

Maybe your assignment from Him for Today is not about calling out political and religious leaders to repent. Most days it seems John was just calling to people in general to repent of their ways. He there we days he called out Herod, and days He called out the Pharisees.

Today, and the many days lately, we see that it is not right that Trump is charge and Biden Hilary and even Obama had not been charged for the same type of thing. Perhaps they all should be charge, and indeed all have sinned, And before God they all will be unless they repent and turn back the King of kings and Lord or lords!!

As Christian don't we need to make that clear to them????

And so too will be true the corruption in the Justice (or non just DOJ and FBI) Department. And we need to turn to Jesus Christ ourselves and listen!! There is nothing new under the sun. God will have some who listen to The Word of God (Jesus Christ) put us before the kings, leaders, and judges of this world as a testimony for Him, will He not?

Mark 13:9 “But be on your guard; for they will deliver you to the courts, and you will be flogged in the synagogues, and you will stand before governors and kings for My sake, as a testimony to them.

It reads "they will", and also "for My sake, as a testimony to them."