Gods’ Holy Spirit is just that; a ’Spirit’! NOT a God!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ozell

Jun 6, 2010
John 1

[sup]1[/sup]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [sup]2[/sup]The same was in the beginning with God.

we read where John says we have the word which is Jesus was with God (The Father)

why is the God the holy spirit left off on the protocol list in the beginning?

why does the spirit come in only at Jesus baptismal later in the verse?

[sup]32[/sup]And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

[sup]33[/sup]And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. [sup]34[/sup]And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

why do Jesus who we know is God and creator of heaven and earth in need of a spirit aboding upon him and remaining on him?

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters." - Gen. 1:2 kjv

goodshepard55

Feb 27, 2011
Australian
Mercy...I have been keeping up with this and just wanted to kinda bring something to mind....shake the dust from your shoes....
Luke 9:4:And as for those who do not receive you, as you go out from that city, shake the dust off your feet as a testimony

martinlawrencescott

Servant Prince
Apr 6, 2011
Ventura, California
John 1

[sup]1[/sup]In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. [sup]2[/sup]The same was in the beginning with God.

we read where John says we have the word which is Jesus was with God (The Father)

why is the God the holy spirit left off on the protocol list in the beginning?

why does the spirit come in only at Jesus baptismal later in the verse?

[sup]32[/sup]And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him.

[sup]33[/sup]And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. [sup]34[/sup]And I saw, and bare record that this is the Son of God.

why do Jesus who we know is God and creator of heaven and earth in need of a spirit aboding upon him and remaining on him?

Jesus took the humble position of one of us humans, and required (by required I mean He chose to depend on) the Holy Spirit to manifest the power of God in Him the way God chose for His power to be manifest. The Holy Spirit was a sign to people in the OT of God's anointing, will and power over and in the lives of His chosen vessels. The Holy Spirit descending on Jesus was a sign of God's choice and approval over the ministry Jesus was about to accomplish.

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
So.......do I believe in God's Holy Spirit? Of course. He's been around for a very long time. Do I believe God's Holy Spirit in anything other than an Angel? How can I, when we have just read so many scriptures saying that is what he is....an HOLY ANGEL…..NOT A GOD!
Infinity and forgiveness - that's the difference.

And like as Jannes and Jambres withstood Moses, so do these also withstand the truth; men corrupted in mind, reprobate concerning the faith. But they shall proceed no further: for their folly shall be evident unto all men, as theirs also came to be.
2 Tim 3:8-9

You spent a lot of time and effort trying to disprove the nature of the Holy Spirit of God.
You may impress yourself with your academic acrobatics, but they only prove that you have wandered from the truth into error.

You have believed a lie and done yourself a disservice
Hold onto your ideology and you will never understand the deeper things of God.

There is a big difference between the Holy Spirit and an angel.
Angels are finite - the Holy Spirit isn't.

Finite means that angels, despite their immense size and power, have limits. They begin and end somewhere. If you'd ever seen one you'd notice they have 'edges'.

The Holy Spirit has no such 'edge' or limit.
If you'd ever experienced a touch of the Holy Spirit you'd know that.
If you have, then you could compare it to a personal experience with a holy angel and you'd IMMEDIATELY know the difference.

In every single instance of angels appearing to men and women in the Bible, the initial human reaction was to assume they were talking to God. After a brief amount of time, however, they usually realize that they are talking to or witnessing something that had the same spiritual 'flavor' as God, but was limited or finite.

Real Christians have a kind of spiritual 'flavor' and they all 'taste' the same. Visit different churches and you may be able to discern that for yourself. That 'flavor' is very similar to the 'flavor' of holy angels and the Holy Spirit. Again, because of the similarities in 'flavor' many Biblical characters mistook angels for God.

In no recorded instance in the Bible where people were touched by the Holy Spirit was that mistake ever made.
In no instance where a living Christian testified of a touch from the Holy Spirit was that mistake ever made.
The experiential difference is extremely obvious.

On the other hand, if your nose is continually stuck in books I can understand how you can be easily confused and persuaded of error. It's a common malady of the worldly minded man.

Here's another question for you, sir.
Why is the entity called the "Holy Spirit"?

There are holy angels and there are fallen angels and there are unclean spirits, but the Bible only speaks of one Holy Spirit. Why is that? What is the Holy Spirit if not the very essence of God?

You won't buy this logic either, so I'll go one step further.

Millions who have been saved and forgiven by a touch of the Holy Spirit claim that they feel CLEAN as a result of the experience. Millions more who have been touched by the Holy Spirit testify of the cleanliness of the experience.

In no instance, does the Bible EVER record that an angel was capable of forgiving sinners.

Angels are like us, in that only God has authority to forgive. Jesus had a problem with that when the hypocrites claimed He had no such authority. But He did, and he proved it by performing miracles as well.

Men and women who earnestly and sincerely repent of their sins and beg God for forgiveness GET IT. Many of them testify of having felt clean inside afterwards. The spiritual cleansing is the result of forgiveness granted BY THE HOLY SPIRIT not an angel.

If you have not had this experience, a penitant attitude toward God may go far to change your mind.

Episkopos

May 17, 2011
Montreal
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
[sup]Mat 12:28[/sup]"But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. [sup]29[/sup]"Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. [sup]30[/sup]"He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. [sup]31[/sup]"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. [sup]32[/sup]"And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come,"

[email protected]

Choir Loft
Apr 2, 2009
West Central Florida
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
[sup]Mat 12:28[/sup]"But if I cast out demons by the Spirit of God, then the kingdom of God has come upon you. [sup]29[/sup]"Or how can anyone enter the strong man's house and carry off his property, unless he first binds the strong man? And then he will plunder his house. [sup]30[/sup]"He who is not with Me is against Me; and he who does not gather with Me scatters. [sup]31[/sup]"Therefore I say to you, any sin and blasphemy shall be forgiven men, but blasphemy against the Spirit shall not be forgiven. [sup]32[/sup]"And whoever shall speak a word against the Son of Man, it shall be forgiven him; but whoever shall speak against the Holy Spirit, it shall not be forgiven him, either in this age, or in the age to come,"

Excellent point, brother. Nobody cares about blaspheme against an angel.

Duckybill

Feb 12, 2010
Amen! The Holy Spirit is VERY special. How can He not be God? If Jesus and the Father are God then surely the Holy Spirit is also.

Matthew 28:19 (ESV)
[sup]19 [/sup]Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, dont let this become a dispute or argument between us, if we are of god, then let us be of god. Lets not fight over scripture, but meditate on scripture, ask the father anything and he will give it to you without fault.

I'm here to help us out:

The 3 are truly one. "Let us make man in our image" Who was god speaking with???
( US refers to 2 or more.) In this case 3.

Fast forward to John 1.

[sup]1[/sup] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

[sup]2[/sup]
The same was in the beginning with God.

[sup]3[/sup] All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made.

[sup]4[/sup] In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [sup]5[/sup] And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness apprehended it not.

This is clearly talking about christ, who is the expression of the god head.

When the holy spirit is spoken of, it always refers to an action that is going to happen, the power of the holy spirit, or god Sent the holy spirit.

Just as he sent Jesus his son, he also sends The holy spirit.

They all are God. Just as Water can be Ice or mist, Just as we are a spirit wrapped in flesh whom possesses a soul.

Our god made us in his image, he is a three part being, and so are we.

Though one in substance,; the father the son, and the holy spirit are three distinct persons in one God. The bible teaches god the father creates and works all things by Jesus christ through the Holy Spirit. Creation, redemption, and regeneration are the work of the Godhead.

The Father
- is the in-visible person of GOD - He is (pristine) SPIRIT (John 4.24)

The Son - is the in-carnate person of GOD - He is (logos) the WORD MADE FLESH (John 1:1,14)

The Holy Ghost/Spirit - is the in-dwelling person of GOD - He is (the resident) SPIRIT, "...he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you" (John 14:17)
The holy spirit proceeds from the Father and Son.

The egg white is not the yolk; the egg yoke is not the egg shell; and the egg
shell is neither the egg white nor the egg yolk. Each part of the egg is
separate and distinct in its characteristics and function; yet neither is a
complete egg by itself. There are not three eggs, but one.
Yet, no earthly example is sufficient to describe the infinite, eternal,
co-existent nature of the Godhead. Since Man can only understand the finite
dimension of time and space, it is therefore impossible for some to grasp the
eternal triune nature of the Godhead.

With this understanding, we can know that the father was refering to The SON and The HOLY SPIRIT when he said "Let us make man in our image" and so it happened, just as GOD is a three part being, so are we.

Eccl.12:13

Aug 28, 2010
I'm here to help us out:

The 3 are truly one. "Let us make man in our image" Who was god speaking with???
( US refers to 2 or more.) In this case 3.

Fast forward to John 1.

[sup]1[/sup] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

[sup]2[/sup]
The same was in the beginning with God.

[sup]3[/sup] All things were made through him; and without him was not anything made that hath been made.

[sup]4[/sup] In him was life; and the life was the light of men. [sup]5[/sup] And the light shineth in the darkness; and the darkness apprehended it not.

This is clearly talking about christ, who is the expression of the god head.

When the holy spirit is spoken of, it always refers to an action that is going to happen, the power of the holy spirit, or god Sent the holy spirit.

Just as he sent Jesus his son, he also sends The holy spirit.

They all are God. Just as Water can be Ice or mist, Just as we are a spirit wrapped in flesh whom possesses a soul.

Our god made us in his image, he is a three part being, and so are we.

Though one in substance,; the father the son, and the holy spirit are three distinct persons in one God. The bible teaches god the father creates and works all things by Jesus christ through the Holy Spirit. Creation, redemption, and regeneration are the work of the Godhead.

The Father
- is the in-visible person of GOD - He is (pristine) SPIRIT (John 4.24)

The Son - is the in-carnate person of GOD - He is (logos) the WORD MADE FLESH (John 1:1,14)

The Holy Ghost/Spirit - is the in-dwelling person of GOD - He is (the resident) SPIRIT, "...he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you" (John 14:17)
The holy spirit proceeds from the Father and Son.

But the Holy Spirit nor the Son knows when the Father is going to send the Son to judge the world.

And the Father nor the Holy Spirit will judge man, only the Son.

How is that unity? How is that One according to man's doctrine? Explain!

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
"Explain!"

If God the Father doesn't tell His Son, then why would He share it with the Holy Spirit?

God is perfect, we are not. But feel free to ask God to "Explain!"

Tkinnie

May 15, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But the Holy Spirit nor the Son knows when the Father is going to send the Son to judge the world.

And the Father nor the Holy Spirit will judge man, only the Son.

How is that unity? How is that One according to man's doctrine? Explain!

:) They all play a role but they are one being. My arm doesnt do what my legs were meant to do, my eyes dont do what my mouth is meant to do, but the point is, Its all one body. Different roles. The FATHER knows the day, and on that day the father will TELL the SON its time, this will all be executed through the holy spirit.

The bible teaches god the father creates and works all things by Jesus christ through the Holy Spirit. Creation, redemption, and regeneration are the work of the Godhead.