God's Character Defined By A Three Letter Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
and I am sick of all the lawless love stories' faked statistics
Why you so upset, does the truth offend you, its not about the law and teh works of men, its all about Grace and the works of Christ, but so many

Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

and again

Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

far better to be sick than dead.

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
And this is one answer solid falsehood and hate
Why do you despise the truth, your religion just another one of mens. Hate, what?? The law is good it sends sinners to prison, it was filled with men under the law, than along came Jesus, and He set them free.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If they are good and perfect, and we are commanded to be good and perfect "even as your Father in heaven is perfect", then why condemn those who advocate obedience to God-commanded laws of behavior that reflects what is "good and perfect"?

Condemn? Uh, Condemnation IS the pronouncement of a Sentence WITHOUT God.

Who here has the POWER to Condemn another man to forever be WITHOUT God?

I don't see ANYONE in disagreement with ADVOCATING "obedience" to God.

But I do SEE men ATTEMPTING to DICTATE "which" Scripture APPLY TO OTHER MEN....
AS IF, "THEY" were delegated "the power" to KNOW another mans Heart.

Glory to God,
Taken

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Condemn? Uh, Condemnation IS the pronouncement of a Sentence WITHOUT God.

Who here has the POWER to Condemn another man to forever be WITHOUT God?

I don't see ANYONE in disagreement with ADVOCATING "obedience" to God.

But I do SEE men ATTEMPTING to DICTATE "which" Scripture APPLY TO OTHER MEN....
AS IF, "THEY" were delegated "the power" to KNOW another mans Heart.

Glory to God,
Taken
There are many here who falsely accuse those of us who insist that obedience to God's laws are not optional but are the required "reasonable service" that His saints are to render as His royal subjects - not to be saved but because they are saved - as teaching "salvation by works". Can you think of any other teaching that is spoken of today with greater contempt and more worthy of condemnation in Christian religious circles than that?

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It seems that you believe the popular notion that "the Ten Commandment Law is the Old Covenant, therefore we can ignore that Law since the Old Covenant is nailed to the Cross". If that is true, then the words "Law" and "Old Covenant" can be used interchangeably, since they mean the exact same thing, right? Let's try it:

"Do we make void the Law Old Covenant through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the Law Old Covenant." Romans 3:31

The confusion you are now experiencing is called "Cognitive Dissonance", which is a state of mind where someone suddenly finds that they hold as true two opposing views that contradict each other. At the moment you believe (1) the Law is the Old Covenant, and (2) the Law cannot possibly be the Old Covenant - Christians don't go around establishing any Old Covenant.

This uncomfortable state of mind often produces a growing level of anxiety, apprehension, stress, etc. until the brain resorts to a popular tactic in order to restore peace of mind: kick out the new view and keep believing the old view - but the truth has to be sacrificed to achieve this.

But, there are always those who sincerely seek truth who deal with their Cognitive Dissonance by further investigation of the two ideas until it is reveals which of the two is truth and which is false. In this case, the Ten Commandments are NOT the Old Covenant. "Covenant" simply means "agreement". God agreed to bless the people if the people agreed to keep the Law. Therefore, "blessings" and "keeping the Law" are NOT the Old Covenant, they are merely components of the Old Covenant. When the Old Covenant was abolished due to the faulty promises of the people, God set up the New Covenant, which still contains blessings and keeping the Law, but the difference is that God promised to bless us if we keep the Law and He also promises to come into our hearts and keep His own Law for us and then give us credit for His righteousness (Hebrews 8:8-10). Plain and simple. "If ye love Me, keep My commandments...he that saith, I know Him, and keepeth not His commandments is a LIAR and the truth (Jesus is the way, the truth, and the life) is not in Him."

Acts 15:1,2, 5-11, 13-21 What these scriptures show me is that they say something different than what you have said. There are many other scriptures but if you choose not to listen to God's word here you won't listen to the other scriptures. Acts is very clear on this subject.

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Acts 15:1,2, 5-11, 13-21 What these scriptures show me is that they say something different than what you have said. There are many other scriptures but if you choose not to listen to God's word here you won't listen to the other scriptures. Acts is very clear on this subject.
And........just like that, you've completely dodged Romans 3:31 as proof that the Old Covenant and the Ten Commandments are not the same thing. No problem, I respect others' opinions, as well as others' desire to ignore what they cannot refute. John 16:8 says it's the job of the Holy Spirit to "reprove"(convince) the world of sin, not mine, so it's all good, friend.

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No Christian, Sunday or Sabbath going to churcher ever questioned this principle. But both parties always misapply it as a condemnation and or insult hurled at each other. And that was the way you used it in your post I reacted to.

I tried very hard not to be insulting, my motivation when I text something isn't trying to be insulting. Far from it. In one of my text on this subject I asked them to correct me if I'm wrong about what I text concerning what I thought they may be saying, so I don't see how that's insulting or how anyone could judge that my motivation was to insult someone.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There are many here who falsely accuse those of us who insist that obedience to God's laws are not optional but are the required "reasonable service" that His saints are to render as His royal subjects - not to be saved but because they are saved - as teaching "salvation by works". Can you think of any other teaching that is spoken of today with greater contempt and more worthy of condemnation in Christian religious circles than that?

There are many here who FALSELY ACCUSE others for all kinds of things.

Just saying False Accusations, do not EMPOWER the false accuser to perpetuate or enforce Condemnation upon the other.

God Bless,
Taken

BARNEY BRIGHT

Oct 29, 2017
Thomaston Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And........just like that, you've completely dodged Romans 3:31 as proof that the Old Covenant and the Ten Commandments are not the same thing. No problem, I respect others' opinions, as well as others' desire to ignore what they cannot refute. John 16:8 says it's the job of the Holy Spirit to "reprove"(convince) the world of sin, not mine, so it's all good, friend.

I think what is interesting is what Peter said in Acts 15 . Those Gentiles that he was speaking about how God showed him and therefore the governing body of Christian's back then that when Peter went to these Gentiles and started speaking to them about the magnificent things of God they started speaking in tongues. It is my understanding that these Gentiles were not circumcised proselytes, meaning circumcised in the recognition of the law covenant, they hadn't even been baptized. Yet here God was pouring out his Holy Spirit and these Gentiles started speaking in tongues God approving them as his people. That approval from God had nothing to do with the law covenant. It's my understanding that those with the Faith of Abraham will be saved. Back in Abraham time there was no law covenant nor was Abraham a circumcised individual at the time he exercised faith in The True God, but God himself said that Abraham was God's friend. It's the law of love that we observe today. If you love someone you don't steal from him or false accuse him or kill him you're not even jealous concerning him. Those people or the True Church of God they will have love among themselves that's how you will know the true people of God. Not following some sabbath as though observing the seventh day of each week is what proves who the true people of God are.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
Why you so upset, does the truth offend you, its not about the law and teh works of men, its all about Grace and the works of Christ, but so many

Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

and again

Heb 4:6 Seeing therefore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached entered not in because of unbelief:
Heb 4:7 Again, he limiteth a certain day, saying in David, To day, after so long a time; as it is said, To day if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.
Heb 4:8 For if Jesus had given them rest, then would he not afterward have spoken of another day.
Heb 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.
Heb 4:10 For he that is entered into his rest, he also hath ceased from his own works, as God did from his.

far better to be sick than dead.

In Romans 9 the Stumbling Block is Jesus Christ, not the Law unless the Law is Jesus Christ.

And in Hebrews 4 it remains for some (that is, for everyone besides Israel) to enter into the Rest of God, not the Law, unless the Law is the Rest of God, Jesus Christ.

It's far better to be sane than witless.

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I think what is interesting is what Peter said in Acts 15 . Those Gentiles that he was speaking about how God showed him and therefore the governing body of Christian's back then that when Peter went to these Gentiles and started speaking to them about the magnificent things of God they started speaking in tongues. It is my understanding that these Gentiles were not circumcised proselytes, meaning circumcised in the recognition of the law covenant, they hadn't even been baptized. Yet here God was pouring out his Holy Spirit and these Gentiles started speaking in tongues God approving them as his people. That approval from God had nothing to do with the law covenant. It's my understanding that those with the Faith of Abraham will be saved. Back in Abraham time there was no law covenant nor was Abraham a circumcised individual at the time he exercised faith in The True God, but God himself said that Abraham was God's friend. It's the law of love that we observe today. If you love someone you don't steal from him or false accuse him or kill him you're not even jealous concerning him. Those people or the True Church of God they will have love among themselves that's how you will know the true people of God. Not following some sabbath as though observing the seventh day of each week is what proves who the true people of God are.

... blik... is this possible?...

GerhardEbersoehn

Jan 14, 2014
Johannesburg
www.biblestudents.co.za
Faith
Christian
Country
South Africa
I tried very hard not to be insulting, my motivation when I text something isn't trying to be insulting. Far from it. In one of my text on this subject I asked them to correct me if I'm wrong about what I text concerning what I thought they may be saying, so I don't see how that's insulting or how anyone could judge that my motivation was to insult someone.

...blik ... now I see everything IS possible!

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
In Romans 9 the Stumbling Block is Jesus Christ, not the Law unless the Law is Jesus Christ.

And in Hebrews 4 it remains for some (that is, for everyone besides Israel) to enter into the Rest of God, not the Law, unless the Law is the Rest of God, Jesus Christ.

It's far better to be sane than witless.
Yep you keep stumbling this bit

LAw sin.jpg