God's Character Defined By A Three Letter Word

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
What the Bible says about God's character -
Where's the three letter word in all of this? Did you mean L-A-W?

How about I - A - M? That would be a three-letter Hebrew word.

אֶֽהְיֶ֖ה ’eh-yeh

Last edited:

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It was when it was first given. Are the prophecies that speak of Jesus first coming and His death, no longer prophecy?

So historicism phases phases in once the prophecy. That means all the unfulfilled prophecies are still in the future.

There are a lot more prophecies than the first coming. There is a second coming, the day of the Lord, the rapture, the Tribulation Period, the millennial kingdom and the events after the millennial, the destruction of the heavens and earth, the new heaven and earth, the new Jerusalem descending from heaven to the earth and a lot more.

You just that shot down are your declarations about historicism.

B

brakelite

The Bible prophecy says it's real and true.
Yes, the "more sure word" of prophecy was given...so those who read it knew it would take place and thus when those prophecies were fulfilled, their faith is strengthened. And when they witness history confirming the prophecies, this gives them an increased understanding as to where they era in relation to the second coming. The Jews before Christ knew the prophecies regarding Messiah...but they missed Him. Christians today deny history for no better reason that it doesn't fit their hermeneutic. Not because history hasn't fulfilled the prophecies, because it has...the history that has been played out over the mast 2500 years since Daniel penned those memorable revelations, has met the details in every respect, but are denied by you because it is inconvenient...just as it was inconvenient to the Jews to admit that Jesus was Messiah.
Historicists know exactly where they are in the Prophetic timeline...you have no idea because everything as far as you are concerned is still future...except of course what you perceive as the re-establishment of Israel...which occurrence my friend does not even rate a mention in Daniel. Funny how he missed such an important milestone huh.

B

brakelite

But back to law. There are 3 spiritual laws that govern all of life.

“For I delight in

Law One: ……….The law of God.

after the inward man”…..(Romans 7:22)

Paul has nothing but love and respect for God’s law. He considers it ‘holy, just and good’. It is Paul’s earnest and deepest desire to honour that law, and to keep all the commandments,

” but I see another law in my members, warring against the law (of God) of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to….” (v23cont.)

Law Two:………..“The law of sin…

…which is in my members."

Paul delights in obedience, but finds that in the carnal nature resides a law which makes it impossible, the law of sin. Paul confesses his wretchedness and guilt. “Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?” he cries.

“I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law (law one) of God, but with the flesh, the law of sin (law two).” (vs 25)

But if Paul is bound by the law of sin, despite his best intentions to obey the law of God, how then can he overcome? The answer is just 2 verses later. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For…

Law Three:……….the law of the Spirit of life…

in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death, (which forbad me from observing law one)” Romans 8:1,2.

Three laws. The law of God which is holy, just, and good.
The law of sin which binds the carnal man making it impossible to obey the law of God.
The law of the Spirit of life which through the grace and power of God makes it possible for the reborn child of God to obey the law of God, if he relies on and walks after the Spirit and not after the flesh.

The law of sin has no power over them who are completely surrendered to Christ. That is why elsewhere Paul can assert that to those who walk in the Spirit they are transformed by the renewing of their minds, and are recreated into the image of the character of Christ. A character that is obedient and a mind (like Christ’s) which delights in the law of God and rejoices that by faith in the power and grace of God he may be obedient to all the commandments.

And, just a few verses later, n case his readers weren't quite getting it, repeated the whole concept...
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the "more sure word" of prophecy was given...so those who read it knew it would take place and thus when those prophecies were fulfilled, their faith is strengthened. And when they witness history confirming the prophecies, this gives them an increased understanding as to where they era in relation to the second coming. The Jews before Christ knew the prophecies regarding Messiah...but they missed Him. Christians today deny history for no better reason that it doesn't fit their hermeneutic. Not because history hasn't fulfilled the prophecies, because it has...the history that has been played out over the mast 2500 years since Daniel penned those memorable revelations, has met the details in every respect, but are denied by you because it is inconvenient...just as it was inconvenient to the Jews to admit that Jesus was Messiah.
Historicists know exactly where they are in the Prophetic timeline...you have no idea because everything as far as you are concerned is still future...except of course what you perceive as the re-establishment of Israel...which occurrence my friend does not even rate a mention in Daniel. Funny how he missed such an important milestone huh.

You cannot claim things that are yet to happen have already happened.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But back to law. There are 3 spiritual laws that govern all of life.

“For I delight in

Law One: ……….The law of God.

after the inward man”…..(Romans 7:22)

Paul has nothing but love and respect for God’s law. He considers it ‘holy, just and good’. It is Paul’s earnest and deepest desire to honour that law, and to keep all the commandments,

” but I see another law in my members, warring against the law (of God) of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to….” (v23cont.)

Law Two:………..“The law of sin…

…which is in my members."

Paul delights in obedience, but finds that in the carnal nature resides a law which makes it impossible, the law of sin. Paul confesses his wretchedness and guilt. “Who shall deliver me from the body of this death?” he cries.

“I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law (law one) of God, but with the flesh, the law of sin (law two).” (vs 25)

But if Paul is bound by the law of sin, despite his best intentions to obey the law of God, how then can he overcome? The answer is just 2 verses later. There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit. For…

Law Three:……….the law of the Spirit of life…

in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death, (which forbad me from observing law one)” Romans 8:1,2.

Three laws. The law of God which is holy, just, and good.
The law of sin which binds the carnal man making it impossible to obey the law of God.
The law of the Spirit of life which through the grace and power of God makes it possible for the reborn child of God to obey the law of God, if he relies on and walks after the Spirit and not after the flesh.

The law of sin has no power over them who are completely surrendered to Christ. That is why elsewhere Paul can assert that to those who walk in the Spirit they are transformed by the renewing of their minds, and are recreated into the image of the character of Christ. A character that is obedient and a mind (like Christ’s) which delights in the law of God and rejoices that by faith in the power and grace of God he may be obedient to all the commandments.

And, just a few verses later, n case his readers weren't quite getting it, repeated the whole concept...
6 For to be carnally minded is death; but to be spiritually minded is life and peace.
7 Because the carnal mind is enmity against God: for it is not subject to the law of God, neither indeed can be.
8 So then they that are in the flesh cannot please God.
9 But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you.

, But you keep trying to push parts of Mosaic law on to the church such as seventh day Sabbath keeping.

The 10 Commandments do not say seventh day.

B

brakelite

You cannot claim things that are yet to happen have already happened.
It is far more logical than claiming something which history attests to hasn't happened yet. By the way, I am not talking about those things which indeed have not taken place yet...of course the second coming hasn't happened, and the final plagues, the millennium etc. But Antichrist...
prove to me he hasn't come yet seeing all the criteria demanded of said entity has already been met in the RCC.

Criteria by the way that cannot now be met by any future individual...such as uprooting 3 of the kingdoms that grew from pagan Rome...how is a future individual going to accomplish such a feat? How is a future individual himself going to grow out of pagan Rome anyway? Prophecy demands that the little horn grows out of the pagan Roman Empire. The pagan Roman empire fell 1500 years ago. The same prophecy says those kingdoms that formed that empire would never again cleave to one another!! And it never did, despite the attempts by such as Charlemagne, Louis 14th, Hitler etc to do otherwise. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN! Thus no future antichrist can arise to fulfill the prophecy. IT WILL NOT HAPPEN. Prophecy says it cannot, it will not, happen...thus the entire hermeneutic of futurism falls on its knees in quiet and humble submission and surrender before the very prophecies it pretends to be upholding.

B

brakelite

, But you keep trying to push parts of Mosaic law on to the church such as seventh day Sabbath keeping.

The 10 Commandments do not say seventh day.
I quoted Exodus 20 in a previous post. The same Exodus 20 that explicitly does indeed say 7th day...twice! The same Exodus 20 that doesn't just say what was written on the two tablets, but the very words spoken by Jesus Himself on Mt Sinai amidst the thunder and lightening. And in doing so Jesus repeated what He had said at creation...
Genesis 2:1 ¶ Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

Obviously Jesus didn't change the day from the 7th to the 1st before Sinai, so the 7th day must have still been holy then...which is why He told Israel they had to remember that fact. Now nor did He change it at any time through the days of the prophets, as they said not only was it to be remembered then, but we would be observing Sabbath into eternity. Nor is there any suggestion that a choice of day has been given to Christians. Not one word in all of scripture is there stating that the blessedness, the holiness, and the sacredness of the day having ever been removed...so the 7th day is still holy, blessed, sacred, and set aside for man.

Now what you do with that information is entirely up to you. I cannot force Sabbath observance on anyone...that is a ridiculous idea. But what you do , whatever it is, you have to justify before God...not me. We as Adventists, as do Messianics, do not and cannot force anyone to observe Sabbath. But we can, and do, justify its observance from scripture, and by its observance magnify the law and make it honourable, as did Isaiah recommend in Isaiah 58:13,14. It is a day still holy unto the Lord. For 6000 years it has been so, it remains so, and always will be so. Those two tables of the covenant still exist...and what is written on them remains the same as it always has.
Do what you will on the 7th day...work...go to your sport...sit at home drink beer in front of the idiot box...whatever. But whatever you do, remember one thing...that regardless of what you do with that 7th day every week, it still remains a holy, sacred day, despite your rejection of it.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
="brakelite, post: 500146, member: 6216"]I quoted Exodus 20 in a previous post. The same Exodus 20 that explicitly does indeed say 7th day...twice!

Which is most say law, not 10 Commandments. And it is Mosaic law, which Christ fulfilled that we are not bound by.
The same Exodus 20 that doesn't just say what was written on the two tablets, but the very words spoken by Jesus Himself on Mt Sinai amidst the thunder and lightening. And in doing so Jesus repeated what He had said at creation...

It does not say Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ did not exist that time. Jesus Christ was a flesh and blood man.

Genesis 2:1 ¶ Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.
2 And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.
3 And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

But did not call it the Sabbath.

God has sanctified many things.

Obviously Jesus didn't change the day from the 7th

Show me that the New Testament. You've already been shown more than once the Sabbath is complete Jesus and the and there is no such thing now as one day only being the Sabbath.

to the 1st before Sinai, so the 7th day must have still been holy then...which is why He told Israel they had to remember that fact. Now nor did He change it at any time through the days of the prophets, as they said not only was it to be remembered then, but we would be observing Sabbath into eternity. Nor is there any suggestion that a choice of day has been given to Christians. Not one word in all of scripture is there stating that the blessedness, the holiness, and the sacredness of the day having ever been removed...so the 7th day is still holy, blessed, sacred, and set aside for man.

Show me that the New Testament. You've already been shown more than once the Sabbath is complete Jesus and the and there is no such thing now as one day only being the Sabbath.

Now what you do with that information is entirely up to you. I cannot force Sabbath observance on anyone...that is a ridiculous idea. But what you do , whatever it is, you have to justify before God...not me. We as Adventists, as do Messianics, do not and cannot force anyone to observe Sabbath. But we can, and do, justify its observance from scripture, and by its observance magnify the law and make it honourable, as did Isaiah recommend in Isaiah 58:13,14. It is a day still holy unto the Lord. For 6000 years it has been so, it remains so, and always will be so. Those two tables of the covenant still exist...and what is written on them remains the same as it always has.
Do what you will on the 7th day...work...go to your sport...sit at home drink beer in front of the idiot box...whatever. But whatever you do, remember one thing...that regardless of what you do with that 7th day every week, it still remains a holy, sacred day, despite your rejection of it.[/QUOTE]

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In your opinion, not in fact. Prophecy denies you.
Until you can produce an example of Jesuit Futurism in existence before Jesuit Ribera fabricated it in the mid-16th century, please don't characterize my facts as "opinions".

Phoneman777

Jan 14, 2015
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It does not say Jesus Christ and Jesus Christ did not exist that time. Jesus Christ was a flesh and blood man.

"Give ear, O people, to My law. Incline you ears to the words of My mouth. I will open My mouth in parable..." Ps. 78:1

"Another parable spake Jesus...so it could be fulfilled by the mouth of the prophet, 'I will open My mouth in parable...'" Matt. 13:35

Who was the God that spoke the Law at Sinai? Yes, CoreIssue, it was Christ, pre-incarnate. Facts are fun!

Reactions: brakelite
B

brakelite

"Give ear, O people, to My law. Incline you ears to the words of My mouth. I will open My mouth in parable..." Ps. 78:1

"Another parable spake Jesus...so it could be fulfilled by the mouth of the prophet, 'I will open My mouth in parable...'" Matt. 13:35

Who was the God that spoke the Law at Sinai? Yes, CoreIssue, it was Christ, pre-incarnate. Facts are fun!
Excellent! And add to that Heb 13:8 Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever...Mal 3:6 For I am the LORD, I change not.

Reactions: Phoneman777

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why? If God has already established something, made it holy and sacred, then only by His own mouth can that change. Do you want me to show you from the NT where He said nothing?

Hebrews 4:9-10 New International Version (NIV)
9 There remains, then, a Sabbath-rest for the people of God; 10 for anyone who enters God’s rest also rests from their works,a]">[a] just as God did from his.

Colossians 2:
16 Therefore do not let anyone judge you by what you eat or drink, or with regard to a religious festival, a New Moon celebration or a Sabbath day. 17 These are a shadow of the things that were to come; the reality, however, is found in Christ. 18 Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you. Such a person also goes into great detail about what they have seen; they are puffed up with idle notions by their unspiritual mind. 19 They have lost connection with the head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

20 Since you died with Christ to the elemental spiritual forces of this world, why, as though you still belonged to the world, do you submit to its rules: 21 “Do not handle! Do not taste! Do not touch!”? 22 These rules, which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use, are based on merely human commands and teachings. 23 Such regulations indeed have an appearance of wisdom, with their self-imposed worship, their false humility and their harsh treatment of the body, but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.

Sure sounds like you

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

No, it is the second person of the Trinity speaking, not Jesus Christ.

CoreIssue

Oct 15, 2018
USA
christiantalkzone.net
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Who else but Jesus is the second person of the Trinity?

The second person of the Trinity is the second person of the Trinity. In the Old Testament he also appeared as the angel of God, but never as Jesus Christ.

Jesus Christ, the flesh is not God. It is the flesh that the second person of the Trinity took up residence in. The flesh that died on the cross when when the second person of the Trinity could not. Who lived like a man when the second person of the Trinity could not.

Just like your spirit lives in your flesh and will go to heaven if your flesh dies before the rapture.

Jesus Christ is not part of the Trinity nor equal with the father and Holy Spirit. But his spirit, the second person of the Trinity is.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Jesus Christ is not part of the Trinity nor equal with the father and Holy Spirit. But his spirit, the second person of the Trinity is.
Where did you come up with this BIZARRE DOCTRINE? Sounds like you have been communicating with Gnostics.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Where did you come up with this BIZARRE DOCTRINE? Sounds like you have been communicating with Gnostics.
I agree with your use of the word 'bizarre' there.

"..thought it not robbery to be equal with God..." (Philippians 2.6)

"...I and my Father are one..." (John 10.30)

Reactions: Enoch111