God's Name- denied and spurned by the Churches.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not how that's compared with scripture~

1 Cor 15:27- For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God Himself, who put everything under Christ. 28- When He has done this, then the son himself will be made subject to Him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
Yes God the Father is not under the authority of God the son. but that has nothing to do with the factr that God has given Jesus the name THAT IS ABOVE ALL NAMES- EVEN THE NAME YAHWEH OR JEHOVAH.

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many students of this subject have discovered that the tactic of Jehovah's enemies to make the God of Abraham nameless is much older than the modern war against God's name.
Psh! Jesus, translated to Greek, said to pray, pater, (our Father). Paul used the word abba. Jesus and Paul are not Gods enemies.

• Love
Reactions: Pearl and Cassandra

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world has many abbas. Jesus means the Salvation of Jehovah.
But SNEAKY!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The world has many abbas
Oh yeah? Which of those many abbas was being spoken of here: And He was saying, “Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will.

And which of those many abbas was being spoken of here: but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons and daughters by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!

And which of those many abbas was being spoken of here: Because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, “Abba! Father!

• Love
Reactions: Pearl and Cassandra

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh yeah? Which of those many abbas was being spoken of here: And He was saying, “Abba! Father! All things are possible for You; remove this cup from Me; yet not what I will, but what You will.

And which of those many abbas was being spoken of here: but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons and daughters by which we cry out, “Abba! Father!

And which of those many abbas was being spoken of here: Because you are sons, God has sent the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying out, “Abba! Father!
Jehovah, of course!
How does that work with the "Trinity'?

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes God the Father is not under the authority of God the son. but that has nothing to do with the factr that God has given Jesus the name THAT IS ABOVE ALL NAMES- EVEN THE NAME YAHWEH OR JEHOVAH.
Mmmmh. No, and you have already been shown that this is not true.
Not how that's compared with scripture~

1 Cor 15:27- For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God Himself, who put everything under Christ. 28- When He has done this, then the son himself will be made subject to Him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.
Although I can tell you more than a dozen reasons to show you how ridiculous this statement of a name that is more important than Jehovah is, I will only mention four:

1) Why the only name that the Bible declares sacred is that of Jehovah? The Bible does not say that of Jesus.

Exo. 20:7 “You must not take up the name of Jehovah your God in a worthless way, for Jehovah will not leave the one unpunished who takes up his name in a worthless way."

2) Would you name your child Jehovah, the same as you would name him Jesus? So, which name do you really fear the most?

3) Many justify not to use the English form Jehovah with its original pronunciation. And then how is it that Jesus, which according to you is a more important name, does not cause them the same fear, even when it is not the original pronunciation of the name of the Messiah?

4) How can Jesus be more important than the person who said his name had to be important to us?

Phil. 2:9 For this very reason, God exalted him to a superior position and kindly gave him the name that is above every other name, 10 so that in the name of Jesus every knee should bend—of those in heaven and those on earth and those under the ground— 11 and every tongue should openly acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of God the Father.

As I said: I could tell many more reasons but do you really care? You already have an enmity with Jehovah that Jesus will never approve (Matt. 7:21)... but you don't care what anyone says because you are already condemned to live in the dark, because of your own bad attitude. You will have all the reasons in front of you and even so you won't see them (2 Thess. 2:8-12).

Status
Not open for further replies.