God's Name- denied and spurned by the Churches.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's in VERY few Bibles- replaced with the ambiguous "LORD".
I would like to see more evidence for this.

Since the return from Babylon, Jewish scribes fastidiously refused to add the vowel points so as to not take the chance of blaspheming he name of God. So 1,000 manuscripts from the 9th century on would be highly suspect if they contain all the vowel points.

But- this is unimportant in the church age.

Why? We have no manuscripts of the NT that gives the divine name. Why? If saying Jehovah is so important, why did God, when inspiring the NT writers to instruct all future generations did not inspire them to write Jehovah?

Another important truth:

Philippians 2:6-10

King James Version

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

The name Jesus is more important according to god in this age.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: Cassandra

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Since the return from Babylon, Jewish scribes fastidiously refused to add the vowel points so as to not take the chance of blaspheming he name of God. So 1,000 manuscripts from the 9th century on would be highly suspect if they contain all the vowel points.

Why? We have no manuscripts of the NT that gives the divine name. Why? If saying Jehovah is so important, why did God, when inspiring the NT writers to instruct all future generations did not inspire them to write Jehovah?

Another important truth:

Philippians 2:6-10​

King James Version​

7 But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himself, and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:
10 That at the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of things in heaven, and things in earth, and things under the earth;

Hmmm! I have not thought on why the Name is not used in the NT- but it was not in Greek. On passages quoted from the OT, it's not in the Greek, as well. How in the world do the translators deal with the Names like "Jesus"- which means the "Salvation of Jehovah"?

I guess that it is a translator's problem!

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Another important truth:

King James Version​

And that's a cheap shot, using the KJB! They spoke differently! He "thought it not"-didn't consider it!

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It is advancing as well Fact. We are nearing the removal of satan and those who side with him sir, so he and his horde are putting on the full court press. Never fear however, Jesus has sent his disciples and they make it known throughout the earth Rom 13:14,15; Jn 17:26

• Love
Reactions: FactsPlease

Davy

Feb 11, 2018
Southeastern U.S.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Another important truth:

King James Version​

!!!!!!!!MEANING.jpg

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I didn't call my earthly father by his name I called him daddy, and I don't call my heavenly father by his name either. I call him Abba, or Pappa or God. Only certain organisations insist on the Jehovah name. But I want to tell them that Jehovah is not a banned name or even a name that is exclusive to one particular group.

Ronald David Bruno

Nov 7, 2020
Southern
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Oh brother, another Jehovah Witness?
Jesus btw, is the name above all others on earth AND IN HEAVEN. Every knee will bow to Him. Our Father is called Father as Jesus referred to Him as. If you look in the Greek Interlinear New Testament Bible, the word Jehovah is not in there. Jesus never uttered it! So if we needed to address our Father by this name (which was a manufactured name in the 16th century) - He would have told us to!

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not his God and Father.
1 Cor 15:27- For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God Himself, who put everything under Christ. 28- When He has done this, then the son himself will be made subject to Him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

ElieG12

Oct 8, 2022
Atlanta
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(...) Why? We have no manuscripts of the NT that gives the divine name. (...)
Many students of this subject have discovered that the tactic of Jehovah's enemies to make the God of Abraham nameless is much older than the modern war against God's name.

Jewish teachers after Malachi began to reject the name of God and make it too sacred because of their own guilt for violating the Law of Moses. Although Jehovah does not approve of the improper use of his sacred name, he does not support the idea of turning him into a namelees God, since that depersonalizes him and leads his identity to anonymity, leaving open a door that would allow anyone to confuse him with other gods and their characteristics. with those of those gods.

Through Malachi Jehovah made it clear that the use of his name was as important as the respect for it (Mal. 3:16-18). For about 4 centuries, Jehovah stopped supporting the Jews for their bad practices, without sending prophets to them ... until the Messiah was about to appear.

But the story of the rejection of the sacred name of Jehovah did not end there. The Jews continued to remove the name of God not only from the writings of the Christians that contained it (as can be discovered in the Jewish writings of the day), but even removed it from the LXX which their own Jewish scholars had translated over two centuries before.

But the war against the personal name of God did not stop there.

• Love

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hmmm! I have not thought on why the Name is not used in the NT- but it was not in Greek. On passages quoted from the OT, it's not in the Greek, as well. How in the world do the translators deal with the Names like "Jesus"- which means the "Salvation of Jehovah"?

I guess that it is a translator's problem!
Because that is the Hebrew name the angel gave Mary for the Son of God.

Now you need to show it was a translators problem or simply the name YHWH does not appear at all in the NT

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And that's a cheap shot, using the KJB! They spoke differently! He "thought it not"-didn't consider it!
It doesn't matter. I spend more time in Greek Scriptures and the divine name does not appear in any manuscripts so iof one is translating literally and not dynamically- it should not appear in any English translation.

• Haha

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It doesn't matter. I spend more time in Greek Scriptures and the divine name does not appear in any manuscripts so iof one is translating literally and not dynamically- it should not appear in any English translation.
Even tho quoting from the OT that HAS it?

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Many students of this subject have discovered that the tactic of Jehovah's enemies to make the God of Abraham nameless is much older than the modern war against God's name.

Jewish teachers after Malachi began to reject the name of God and make it too sacred because of their own guilt for violating the Law of Moses. Although Jehovah does not approve of the improper use of his sacred name, he does not support the idea of turning him into a namelees God, since that depersonalizes him and leads his identity to anonymity, leaving open a door that would allow anyone to confuse him with other gods and their characteristics. with those of those gods.

Through Malachi Jehovah made it clear that the use of his name was as important as the respect for it (Mal. 3:16-18). For about 4 centuries, Jehovah stopped supporting the Jews for their bad practices, without sending prophets to them ... until the Messiah was about to appear.

But the story of the rejection of the sacred name of Jehovah did not end there. The Jews continued to remove the name of God not only from the writings of the Christians that contained it (as can be discovered in the Jewish writings of the day), but even removed it from the LXX which their own Jewish scholars had translated over two centuries before.

But the war against the personal name of God did not stop there.
Well you may call it a war, and in some circles I imagine it si, but translators simply translated what was before them.

And Malachi says nothing you infer:

16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

It just says those that thought on His name.

But all that is irrelavent in the NT era.

Philippians 2:9-11

King James Version

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The name Jesus is above every name! Not the false teaching of the Watchtower that rewrites Scriptures and says "Above every other name".

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Even tho quoting from the OT that HAS it?
Sorry but the Jews after their return from exile in Babylon never wrote the name again. they did not even write God but G-d, outof respect and fear of blaspheming his name again.

The earliest OT manuscript we have is from the 9th century and the name does not appear at all.

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Unfaithful on THEIR part. God has His Name (not 'Jesus') and those of us that know Him honor it!

FactsPlease

Jan 19, 2023
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Well you may call it a war, and in some circles I imagine it si, but translators simply translated what was before them.

And Malachi says nothing you infer:

16 Then they that feared the Lord spake often one to another: and the Lord hearkened, and heard it, and a book of remembrance was written before him for them that feared the Lord, and that thought upon his name.

17 And they shall be mine, saith the Lord of hosts, in that day when I make up my jewels; and I will spare them, as a man spareth his own son that serveth him.

18 Then shall ye return, and discern between the righteous and the wicked, between him that serveth God and him that serveth him not.

It just says those that thought on His name.

But all that is irrelavent in the NT era.

Philippians 2:9-11​

King James Version​

11 And that every tongue should confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

The name Jesus is above every name! Not the false teaching of the Watchtower that rewrites Scriptures and says "Above every other name".
Not how that's compared with scripture~

1 Cor 15:27- For he “has put everything under his feet.” Now when it says that “everything” has been put under him, it is clear that this does not include God Himself, who put everything under Christ. 28- When He has done this, then the son himself will be made subject to Him who put everything under him, so that God may be all in all.

Status
Not open for further replies.