God's Sovereign Choice

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
For me, that isn’t at all automatic. Nowhere in scriptures even hints nor suggest that God had chosen people for condemnation.

<<<Otherwise He could choose ALL for salvation, since that is His express desires and express will.>>>

And He could have done a lot more than that. He could have just made Adam differently, or Eve differently, right? But He did not.
Mat_23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Mat_23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?
You can quote all scriptures all day, as all may. But just quoting them does not say and make your point.

Tong
R2438

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You can quote all scriptures all day, as all may. But just quoting them does not say and make your point.

Tong
R2438
I quote scripture because I want you to know that is God's wo
Yes, the devil is, as Jesus says there in that scriptures, the father of lies, and that the devil if the father of those Jews who do not believe Him and not a word He says. So what has that to do with my post you are responding to?

Tong
R2436
Scripture says Cain's father was the devil.
1Jn_3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Jesus speaks to the Pharisees
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning (Cain), and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
Yes, the devil is, as Jesus says there in that scriptures, the father of lies, and that the devil if the father of those Jews who do not believe Him and not a word He says. So what has that to do with my post you are responding to?
Scripture says Cain's father was the devil.
1Jn_3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Jesus speaks to the Pharisees
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning (Cain), and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1John 3:11 For this is the message that you heard from the beginning, that we should love one another, 12 not as Cain who was of the wicked one and murdered his brother. And why did he murder him? Because his works were evil and his brother’s righteous.

Yes verse 12 says of Cain, that he was of the wicked one. So?

And John 8:44 does not say anything about Cain. You have added to the verse “(Cain)”. And why add to scriptures?

Tong
R2454

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To understand Adam and Eve one must read scripture. Eve ate of the tree, had sex with. Cain was of the wicked one, and Abel was from Adam, the first children of Eve. She had two children, one of the devil the other of Adam!
Canaanites are children of Cain and Cain was the child of the devil!
Ezr 9:1 Now when these things were done, the princes came to me, saying, The people of Israel, and the priests, and the Levites, have not separated themselves from the people of the lands, doing according to their abominations, even of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians, and the Amorites.
Ezr 9:2 For they have taken of their daughters for themselves, and for their sons: so that the holy seed have mingled themselves with the people of those lands: yea, the hand of the princes and rulers hath been chief in this trespass.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
futurum, ubi non sunt atheus troglodytae
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cain was the first murderer and his father was the devil, not Adam.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words:
If Cain's father was the Devil what does that say then of Cain's mother Eve?

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If Cain's father was the Devil what does that say then of Cain's mother Eve?
Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

The trees in the garden were the people God created in Gen 1. Adam and Eve had sex with the tree, person, that was of that creation in Gen 1 and this person was possessed of the devil.

Reactions: Amazed@grace

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:6 And when the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was pleasant to the eyes, and a tree to be desired to make one wise, she took of the fruit thereof, and did eat, and gave also unto her husband with her; and he did eat.

The trees in the garden were the people God created in Gen 1. Adam and Eve had sex with the tree, person, that was of that creation in Gen 1 and this person was possessed of the devil.
I am not aware of the creation of two separate peoples.

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am not aware of the creation of two separate peoples.
1st creation;
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

2nd creation;
Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1st creation;
Gen 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Gen 1:28 And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.

2nd creation;
Gen 2:7 And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Gen 2:8 And the LORD God planted a garden eastward in Eden; and there he put the man whom he had formed.
I don't agree. The Adam was a species, the human race, as well as a tribe of people as in the Adamites. Another point is that Eve was the mother of all living. And Caine was her firstborn. Had what happened as you believe it, Able would have been condemned as a half brother to Cain's father. Would God find favor in Able then?

Last edited:

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't agree. The Adam was a species, the human race, as well as a tribe of people as in the Adamites. Another point is that Eve was the mother of all living. And Caine was her firstborn. Had what happened as you believe it, Able would have been condemned as a half brother to Cain's father. Would God find favor in Able then?

Gen 1 God created the different races of people that live on earth.

If you don't believe that then you fight against scripture and if so how do you explain the different races?

Gen 2 God forms Adam and then takes a rib from Adam and forms Eve.

Didn’t create, He formed Adam and he became a living soul and is the son of God.

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn_3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own Works were evil, and his brother's righteous

Who was of that wicked one? - it was the devil. That means that Eve had sex with the devil and gave birth to his child, Cain! Like it or not it's right there in scripture.

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn_3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own Works were evil, and his brother's righteous

Who was of that wicked one? - it was the devil. That means that Eve had sex with the devil and gave birth to his child, Cain! Like it or not it's right there in scripture.

Eve had sex with the devil

No, that is not right there in Scripture.

No where does Scripture say Eve laid with the devil.

Keep studying, and you might discover;
Taking ON oneself the seed of the WICKED one...
Or
Taking ON oneself the seed of the HOLY one...
Is "an individual" taking upon themselves the BEHAVIOR, TRAITS, "sonship", of another.

Jesus took upon Himself, the SEED of Abraham.

I took upon the myself, the SEED of Abraham.

Cain took upon himself, the SEED of the Devil.

That has NOTHING to do with Sexual intercourse.

Amazed@grace

Apr 1, 2021
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

If you don't believe that then you fight against scripture and if so how do you explain the different races?

Didn’t create, He formed Adam and he became a living soul and is the son of God.
I disagree. I do not believe that if I disagree with your belief that I am fighting against scripture. Not can I find any reason to believe what you believe about Cain's origin. Because I don't know where that, as you believe it to exist, is actually found to be stated in God's word.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
To understand Adam and Eve one must read scripture. Eve ate of the tree, had sex with. Cain was of the wicked one, and Abel was from Adam, the first children of Eve. She had two children, one of the devil the other of Adam!
Canaanites are children of Cain and Cain was the child of the devil!
Ezr 9:1 Now when these things were done, the princes came to me, saying, The people of Israel, and the priests, and the Levites, have not separated themselves from the people of the lands, doing according to their abominations, even of the Canaanites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Jebusites, the Ammonites, the Moabites, the Egyptians, and the Amorites.
Ezr 9:2 For they have taken of their daughters for themselves, and for their sons: so that the holy seed have mingled themselves with the people of those lands: yea, the hand of the princes and rulers hath been chief in this trespass.
<<<Eve ate of the tree, had sex with.>>>

I would say that is a clear misinterpretation. The tree is that of the knowledge good and evil. Eating of it would make Adam and Eve have such knowledge, as also the eating of the tree of life would make them have a life that endures forever.

With your interpretation, the eating of the tree of life would have them have sex with God. That is truly a blasphemous and evil thought.

Tong
R2478

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

Of course that is nowhere said in Genesis.

But here’s what scriptures revealed concerning that.

Acts 17:26 From one man he made all the nations, that they should inhabit the whole earth; and he marked out their appointed times in history and the boundaries of their lands.

Tong
R2479

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The serpent in the garden was a man that was processed of the devil. The scripture says that Cain was the child of this man.

Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Joh 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
(Joh 8:39) They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
(Joh 8:40) But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
(Joh 8:41) Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
(Joh 8:42) Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
(Joh 8:43) Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
(Joh 8:44) Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning (that would be Cain), and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
Hippocrates was the Father of medicine, Chaucer is considered the father of English poetry and Galileo the "father of science." Please do not take figures of speech literally.

Satan is the Father of wickedness. Cain's earthly father was Adam, his spiritual father was the devil.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
For me, that isn’t at all automatic. Nowhere in scriptures even hints nor suggest that God had chosen people for condemnation.

<<<Otherwise He could choose ALL for salvation, since that is His express desires and express will.>>>

And He could have done a lot more than that. He could have just made Adam differently, or Eve differently, right? But He did not.

Tong
R2089
We choose our own spiritual father, whether we follow the things of the world or the things of God is down to us.

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
I reckon God came to the Israel, because they were the most wicked people on God's earth. As fellow points out, their father was the devil.

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Genesis 2 is a retelling of Genesis 1, the same as two witnesses will tell the same event differently.

Reactions: Azim

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

We choose our own spiritual father, whether we follow the things of the world or the things of God is down to us.
Mankind, in Adam had already chosen. Having chosen, they were in Adam driven out of The garden of Eden and have no access to the tree of life. Having chosen, they were under judgement resulting to condemnation. History, written out in scriptures tells us what became of mankind, having chosen to hear and follow the voice of the devil. Sin made his dwelling in their flesh, making them slaves thereof. Now, even while mankind have their will, being a slave, their will does not really matter and was overtaken by sin that enslaved them. This truth could be well seen in the story of mankind in the time of the great flood in Noah’s time. What became of mankind is described by God himself who said that every intents of the thoughts of man’s heart are evil continually even from their youth.

It is obvious that mankind needs the help and salvation of God from what they have become. That unless God gives his grace of salvation to a man, no man will be saved.

Tong
R2480