God's Sovereign Choice

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Sheffield, Yorkshire, home of Robin Hood.
robinhood-loxley.weebly.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
It is obvious that mankind needs the help and salvation of God from what they have become. That unless God gives his grace of salvation to a man, no man will be saved.

Tong
R2480

What you say is true. But taking it further, and going back to the garden we can see God gave Adam and Eve the freewill to make their own choice. The choice being, we either follow God in obedience or we follow the serpent.

Having said that the opportunity to dwell in heavenly places has been there from the beginning of time, but we make our own choices, as did Adam and Eve, and as we are born in sin, we need to chose Christ of our own freewill, so we might pass through the heavenly gate, or we perish.

He chose us, but we have two choices and if we choose one, we reject the other. It is our choice whether we take the wide road that leads to destruction or the narrow path the leads to glory.

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
It is obvious that mankind needs the help and salvation of God from what they have become. That unless God gives his grace of salvation to a man, no man will be saved.
What you say is true. But taking it further, and going back to the garden we can see God gave Adam and Eve the freewill to make their own choice. The choice being, we either follow God in obedience or we follow the serpent.

Having said that the opportunity to dwell in heavenly places has been there from the beginning of time, but we make our own choices, as did Adam and Eve, and as we are born in sin, we need to chose Christ of our own freewill, so we might pass through the heavenly gate, or we perish.

He chose us, but we have two choices and if we choose one we reject the other.
If you will notice there is this one particular commandment that God gave Adam and Eve for which their choice comes to matter. The matter of choosing to eat or not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They were free to choose to do whatever they want except for that. Ponder about that. I have already told you what became of man, Adam having eaten of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, concerning their freedom of will. It was over taken by a power that rendered it enslaved, so to speak.

We see in scriptures that God gave grace to some men, men He have chosen to give grace and save them, and give them life. He gave them power to overcome, to do the good they desired to do, which otherwise they could not carry out or do. For while a slave have the desire or will to be free, he simply have not the power to do so, as he have no power to overcome that which enslaves him.

Tong
R2481

Last edited:

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If you will notice there is this one particular commandment that God gave Adam and Eve for which their choice comes to matter. The matter of choosing to eat or not eat of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. They were free to choose to do whatever they want except for that. Ponder about that. I have already told you what became of man, Adam having eaten of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, concerning their freedom of will. It was over taken by a power that rendered it enslaved, so to speak.

We see in scriptures that God gave grace to some men, men He have chosen to give grace and save them, and give them life. He gave them power to overcome, to do the good they desired to do, which otherwise they could not carry out or do. For while a slave have the desire or will to be free, he simply have not the power to do so, as he have no power to overcome that which enslaves him.

Tong
R2481
Pondering I am doing. :) It was the ACT of partaking, that got them into trouble. We are all tempted and tried, but we must never give way to Satan. Food for thought indeed.

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
beguiled
âshâ'
naw-shaw'
A primitive root; to lead astray, that is, (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce: - beguile, deceive, X greatly, X utterly
made weak
She was lead astray by Satan and was seduced, sexually.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:

Pondering I am doing. :) It was the ACT of partaking, that got them into trouble. We are all tempted and tried, but we must never give way to Satan. Food for thought indeed.
Let me share my view regarding what you said.

Most considers the act as that only which is sin or amounts to sin. But in my reading of Scriptures, sin really starts in the heart. And that sin is the desire of the heart and is committed in one’s heart. The evil act of course is also sin. I see the act as that which manifest sin that is already committed in the heart or a sinful or evil act that one may not have desired to do. Consider what Jesus said “anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”

So, let’s consider Eve. The question: if Eve did not actually eat the fruit, had she sinned or not, having then only desired to have the knowledge of good and evil or to gain wisdom?

<<<It was the ACT of partaking, that got them into trouble.>>>

If Adam had not eaten, he would not have had himself get in trouble as he had gotten into. And that goes as well then for mankind.

Tong
R2494

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Gen 3:13 And the LORD God said unto the woman, What is this that thou hast done? And the woman said, The serpent beguiled me, and I did eat.
beguiled
âshâ'
naw-shaw'
A primitive root; to lead astray, that is, (mentally) to delude, or (morally) to seduce: - beguile, deceive, X greatly, X utterly
made weak
She was lead astray by Satan and was seduced, sexually.
Seduced sexually? Not according to Paul. She was deceived. (2 Cor.11:3). Nothing whatsoever about sex there. Nowhere in the entire Bible that even suggest what you teach there. And you know what that means or perhaps not.

Tong
R2495

Cooper

Jan 31, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Let me share my view regarding what you said.

Most considers the act as that only which is sin or amounts to sin. But in my reading of Scriptures, sin really starts in the heart. And that sin is the desire of the heart and is committed in one’s heart. The evil act of course is also sin. I see the act as that which manifest sin that is already committed in the heart or a sinful or evil act that one may not have desired to do. Consider what Jesus said “anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart.”

So, let’s consider Eve. The question: if Eve did not actually eat the fruit, had she sinned or not, having then only desired to have the knowledge of good and evil or to gain wisdom?

<<<It was the ACT of partaking, that got them into trouble.>>>

If Adam had not eaten, he would not have had himself get in trouble as he had gotten into. And that goes as well then for mankind.

Tong
R2494
I have often thought about that myself. I feel there is a distinction between being tempted yourself but overcoming it, succumbing to it, plotting and planning, and finally leading others down the path of despondency causing them to become alcoholics, drug addicts, gamblers etc.

I feel all but the overcomer exhibits a sinful heart, but even so I know people who have repented, given up their wickedness and become fine Christians. So there is hope for even the vilest sinner.

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Seduced sexually? Not according to Paul. She was deceived. (2 Cor.11:3). Nothing whatsoever about sex there. Nowhere in the entire Bible that even suggest what you teach there. And you know what that means or perhaps not.

Tong
R2495
1Jn_3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous. Suduced or deceived, Eve had sex with the devil and had his child. Read the above scripture.

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
1Jn_3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

Suduced or deceived, Eve had sex with the devil and had his child. Read the above scripture.

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Genesis 2 is a retelling of Genesis 1, the same as two witnesses will tell the same event differently.
That is your opinion. It is not what the Word of God says.
God is not the author of confusion!

theefaith

Aug 25, 2020
Dallas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

There will be a major revival of God's chosen soon!
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Rom 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Rom 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
Rom 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

show me “revival” in the Bible?
Who are these chosen? The Jews who killed Christ? Gal 4 says they are of the bond woman! Matt 23 says yours is a house of desolation!