God's Sovereign Choice

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 9:1 I say the truth in Christ, I lie not, my conscience also bearing me witness in the Holy Ghost,
Rom 9:2 That I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart.
Rom 9:3 For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh:
Rom 9:4 Who are Israelites; to whom pertaineth the adoption, and the glory, and the covenants, and the giving of the law, and the service of God, and the promises;
Rom 9:5 Whose are the fathers, and of whom as concerning the flesh Christ came, who is over all, God blessed for ever. Amen.
Rom 9:6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

* Israel had two boys, Isaac and Esau. Isaac followed after God and Esau went after the children of Cain (children of the Devil). This is why "they are not all Israel, which are of Israel"

Rom 9:7 Neither, because they are the seed of Abraham, are they all children: but, In Isaac shall thy seed be called.
Rom 9:8 That is, They which are the children of the flesh, these are not the children of God: but the children of the promise are counted for the seed.
Rom 9:9 For this is the word of promise, At this time will I come, and Sara shall have a son.
Rom 9:10 And not only this; but when Rebecca also had conceived by one, even by our father Isaac;
Rom 9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth;)
Rom 9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
Rom 9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rom 9:30 What shall we say then? That the Gentiles, which followed not after righteousness, have attained to righteousness, even the righteousness which is of faith.
Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.
Rom 9:32 Wherefore? Because they sought it not by faith, but as it were by the works of the law. For they stumbled at that stumblingstone;
Rom 9:33 As it is written, Behold, I lay in Sion a stumblingstone and rock of offence: and whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.

There will be a major revival of God's chosen soon!
Rom 11:25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.
Rom 11:26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:
Rom 11:27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.
Rom 11:28 As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes.
Rom 11:29 For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Rom 11:30 For as ye in times past have not believed God, yet have now obtained mercy through their unbelief:
Rom 11:31 Even so have these also now not believed, that through your mercy they also may obtain mercy.
Rom 11:32 For God hath concluded them all in unbelief, that he might have mercy upon all.
Rom 11:33 O the depth of the riches both of the wisdom and knowledge of God! how unsearchable are his judgments, and his ways past finding out!

Rom 11:34 For who hath known the mind of the Lord? or who hath been his counsellor?
Rom 11:35 Or who hath first given to him, and it shall be recompensed unto him again?
Rom 11:36 For of him, and through him, and to him, are all things: to whom be glory for ever. Amen.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God's sovereign choice in choosing certain individuals to fulfil certain events or ministries is not applicable to salvation. God does not choose some for salvation and others for damnation. They make their own choices, and face their own consequences.

And the passage you have quoted confirms this. God sovereignly chose the nation of Israel for several reasons (as Paul explained). Had God been choosing any for salvation, absolutely every Israelite and every Jew would have been saved. But Paul shows us that they made their own choices and suffered the consequences: Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God's sovereign choice in choosing certain individuals to fulfil certain events or ministries is not applicable to salvation. God does not choose some for salvation and others for damnation. They make their own choices, and face their own consequences.
Cain was the first murderer and his father was the devil, not Adam.
Joh 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Joh 8:45 And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.
Joh 8:46 Which of you convinceth me of sin? And if I say the truth, why do ye not believe me?
Joh 8:47 He that is of God heareth God's words:

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
* Israel had two boys, Isaac and Esau. Isaac followed after God and Esau went after the children of Cain (children of the Devil). This is why "they are not all Israel, which are of Israel"
Where in the world are you coming from????
Jacob is Israel, and Jacob's father was Isaac, and Jacob's brother was Esau.
Only Jacob's lineage is considered Israel, not Esau's. Thus, Paul meant that not all of the descendants of Jacob (Israel) are true Israelites, it is those of the faith (not genealogy) of Abraham, that are of Israel.
Cain was the first murderer and his father was the devil, not Adam.

No, Cain's father was Adam, ...the devil has not begotten anyone, or anything, he cannot procreate, obviously????
The term, 'born of the devil' simply refers to one who abides by the wishes of the devil, not one created from his loins, obviously???

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Where in the world are you coming from????
Jacob is Israel, and Jacob's father was Isaac, and Jacob's brother was Esau.
Only Jacob's lineage is considered Israel, not Esau's. Thus, Paul meant that not all of the descendants of Jacob (Israel) are true Israelites, it is those of the faith (not genealogy) of Abraham, that are of Israel.

No, Cain's father was Adam, ...the devil has not begotten anyone, or anything, he cannot procreate, obviously????
The term, 'born of the devil' simply refers to one who abides by the wishes of the devil, not one created from his loins, obviously???

The serpent in the garden was a man that was processed of the devil. The scripture says that Cain was the child of this man.

Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Joh 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
(Joh 8:39) They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
(Joh 8:40) But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
(Joh 8:41) Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
(Joh 8:42) Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
(Joh 8:43) Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
(Joh 8:44) Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning (that would be Cain), and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

And the passage you have quoted confirms this. God sovereignly chose the nation of Israel for several reasons (as Paul explained). Had God been choosing any for salvation, absolutely every Israelite and every Jew would have been saved. But Paul shows us that they made their own choices and suffered the consequences: Rom 9:31 But Israel, which followed after the law of righteousness, hath not attained to the law of righteousness.

Moreover ....

Ezekiel 33
[11] Say unto them, As I live, saith the Lord GOD, I have no pleasure in the death of the wicked; but that the wicked turn from his way and live: turn ye, turn ye from your evil ways; for why will ye die, O house of Israel?

Reactions: Cooper and Enoch111

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The serpent in the garden was a man that was processed of the devil. The scripture says that Cain was the child of this man.

Joh 8:37 I know that ye are Abraham's seed; but ye seek to kill me, because my word hath no place in you.
Joh 8:38 I speak that which I have seen with my Father: and ye do that which ye have seen with your father.
(Joh 8:39) They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham's children, ye would do the works of Abraham.
(Joh 8:40) But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham.
(Joh 8:41) Ye do the deeds of your father. Then said they to him, We be not born of fornication; we have one Father, even God.
(Joh 8:42) Jesus said unto them, If God were your Father, ye would love me: for I proceeded forth and came from God; neither came I of myself, but he sent me.
(Joh 8:43) Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word.
(Joh 8:44) Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning (that would be Cain), and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

1Jn 3:12 Not as Cain, who was of that wicked one, and slew his brother. And wherefore slew he him? Because his own works were evil, and his brother's righteous.
You have extremely bad hermeneutics, you are interpreting the Scriptures in a hyper-literal fashion which invariably leads to implausible conclusions.

Acts 17:24-26
17:24. "The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; 25. nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; 26. and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You have extremely bad hermeneutics, you are interpreting the Scriptures in a hyper-literal fashion which invariably leads to implausible conclusions.

Acts 17:24-26
17:24. "The God who made the world and all things in it, since He is Lord of heaven and earth, does not dwell in temples made with hands; 25. nor is He served by human hands, as though He needed anything, since He Himself gives to all people life and breath and all things; 26. and He made from one man every nation of mankind to live on all the face of the earth, having determined their appointed times and the boundaries of their habitation,
Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;

Last edited:

Yan

Jun 15, 2020
City of David
the-land-of-hope.blogspot.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Indonesia
Regarding to one of Israel's Rabbi on his writings on their website wrote that Esau's offspring is Edom and Edom is considered the patriarch of the Western Christian world. It is true, that's why on US there are so many racism and religious hatred or the existence of Kabbalah, illuminati & KKK. No offense, but be humble of it, that this was the reality & the truth.

DNB

Dec 8, 2019
Toronto
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Act 17:26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
Yes, one blood, means one soul.

one [man]
ἑνὸς (henos)
Adjective - Genitive Masculine Singular
Strong's Greek 1520: One. (including the neuter Hen); a primary numeral; one.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines

<<<God does not choose some for salvation and others for damnation.>>>

I agree.

God chose people for salvation, not for damnation. He had chosen people from among all mankind who are all sinners and under condemnation, to save them from condemnation, and be His people and be His children, and give them eternal life.

<<<They make their own choices, and face their own consequences.>>>

I agree.

And it had been shown and proven of man, and as God had said, that every intents of the thoughts of his heart is evil continually even from his youth. Their own choices are selfish, sinful. Leave them as they are, all surely falls short of the glory of God, ever failing and falling into temptation ~ sinning.

But thanks, praise, and glory be to God, for saving us, not only for us, but for all those who shall be saved by Him.

Tong
R2087

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
God chose people for salvation, not for damnation.
FALSE. If God chooses some for salvation, He automatically chooses others for damnation. Otherwise He could choose ALL for salvation, since that is His express desires and express will.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Tong2020 said:
God chose people for salvation, not for damnation.
FALSE. If God chooses some for salvation, He automatically chooses others for damnation. Otherwise He could choose ALL for salvation, since that is His express desires and express will.
For me, that isn’t at all automatic. Nowhere in scriptures even hints nor suggest that God had chosen people for condemnation.

<<<Otherwise He could choose ALL for salvation, since that is His express desires and express will.>>>

And He could have done a lot more than that. He could have just made Adam differently, or Eve differently, right? But He did not.

Tong
R2089

Last edited:

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
For me, that isn’t at all automatic. Nowhere in scriptures even hints nor suggest that God had chosen people for condemnation.

<<<Otherwise He could choose ALL for salvation, since that is His express desires and express will.>>>

And He could have done a lot more than that. He could have just made Adam differently, or Eve differently, right? But He did not.

Tong
R2089
Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Joh_8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.
Yes, the devil is, as Jesus says there in that scriptures, the father of lies, and that the devil if the father of those Jews who do not believe Him and not a word He says. So what has that to do with my post you are responding to?

Tong
R2436

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, the devil is, as Jesus says there in that scriptures, the father of lies, and that the devil if the father of those Jews who do not believe Him and not a word He says. So what has that to do with my post you are responding to?

Tong
R2436
It has nothing to do with just believing, for the bible says that Cain's father was the devil! These children were, for the most part, the Pharisee's at the time Jesus came.

Last edited:

Tong2020

Apr 30, 2020
Faith
Christian
Country
Philippines
Cain's father was the devil! These children were, for the most part, the Pharisee's at the time Jesus' came.
And what has that to do with my post?

Tong
R2437

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

You have been mislead.
Sounds as if you are a disciple of Shepherds Chapel and Arnold Murray who has been preaching false doctrines for over 30 years.

Lucifer was not a man.
Lucifer was a created heavenly spirit.
Lucifer was cast to earth, for changing Gods Truth into a Lie.
Lucifer lost his heavenly estate.
Lucifer lost his holiness.
Lucifer lost his holy name.
Thereafter ON Earth, Lucifer's became known as:
Satan, A Devil, A Dragon, A Serpent ...
(Rev 12:9)
CALLED; cunning, wicked, evil, a tempter, etc.

Satan, did not Lose his POWERS.
Created spirits, and GOD, who IS Spirit, but (not a created Spirit) have the POWER to APPEAR as men...

One earthly man...Adam
One earthly woman...Eve
One sexual encounter...
Two children born...twins.
First Cain, then Abel.

Gen 4:
[1] And Adam knew Eve his wife; and she conceived, and bare Cain, and said, I have gotten a man from the LORD.
[2] And she again bare his brother Abel. And Abel was a keeper of sheep, but Cain was a tiller of the ground.

Not a secret...
Everything hinges ON Gods WORD
Hear Gods WORD....Gods WORD is in a man.
Obey Gods WORD...Gods WORD remains in the man.

Hear Gods WORD...Gods WORD is in a man.
Reject Gods WORD...Gods WORD is Rejected, and does not dwell in the man.

Hear Satans WORD...Satans WORD is in a man.
Accept Satans WORD...Satans WORD dwells in the man.

THE WORD of God, IS GODS SEED.
THE WORD of Satan, IS SATANS SEED.
Which ever WORD (SEED), "a man" accepts...
The THING, whose WORD (SEED) it is,
Becomes CALLED the "father" of the man.

The teaching IN the OT, was BASIC Knowledge. Further expanded Knowledge was Revealed WHEN Jesus arrived ON EARTH, teaching things that WERE HIDDEN, and NOT GIVEN to "men who had just been created"...

Similar to every new baby that is born...
They are taught bit by bit as they grow and mature.

So discover HOW an earthly man... becomes "the son of God"...
Throught the act of a SEXUAL relationship?
No!

A man receives Gods SEED, by and through HIS WORD being Planted in a mans "spirit...IN the mans HEART'.
Gods SEED, is called ...

The Word of God,
Truth,

Cain heard the Word of God...but Rejected Gods Word...

THAT is the FIRST LESSON, for every man...
REJECT GODS WORD...AND Satan has a PRIME (weak and ignorant) TARGET to rush in and PLANT his SEED of LIES.

And the LESSON, expands to REVEAL...there ARE Negative Consequences for Hearing Gods TRUTH, and REJECTING His TRUTH...just as there ARE Postitive Consequences for Hearing Gods TRUTH and ACCEPTING His TRUTH.

Cain rejected Gods Truth...and received the Consequence of becoming a wanderer.

Abel accepted Gods Truth...and was Blessed by God...(and hated by man...his brother)...

Same Lesson Jesus taught...Accept Gods Word and Be blessed by God...AND HATED by men who Reject His Word.

Cain and Abel were Natural sons of Adam and Eve.

Cain chose to be a "spiritual son of Satan", by accepting Lies as his truth.

Abel chose to be a "spiritual son of God", by accepting Gods Truth as his truth.

Keep in context, of what Scripture teaches, instead of what men teach.
Remember Jesus' WARNING...the world is full of False teachers.

fellow

Jan 17, 2020
ark
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Tong
R2089
Mat_23:15 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye compass sea and land to make one proselyte, and when he is made, ye make him twofold more the child of hell than yourselves.
Mat_23:33 Ye serpents, ye generation of vipers, how can ye escape the damnation of hell?