Gods Standard is...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Admitting that is a necessary step in the right direction as I see it. Until we admit the possibility that something we believe or that something which we do, or want to do, could be in error, God is blocked.
we are , all of us imo, swimming in a sea of sin. I could list ten venal sins off the top of my head. Ones "garbage" would be my guide there

try to not make garbage, imo. zero.

Reactions: amadeus

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Also, Thomas never called Jesus YHWH, as did not the other disciples. You really think all the disciples thought Jesus was YHWH, don't you? There are only two viable explanations as I've told you in the past for Thomas' outburst, 1: the translation should be 'god' or 'might one' not 'God' for YHWH, or secondly, Thomas suddenly realized Jesus is the Lord indeed and his Father actually raised him back to life.

Good luck with your doctrines.

Bless you,

APAK
nice, um "we" might also note the reply given to Thomas there
the lack of it i mean?

how ya been?

Reactions: APAK

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as the bible states "How long halt ye between two opinions? if the LORD [be] God, follow him: but if Baal, [then] follow him".

the apostle Paul clearly states the one appearin in the last day is Jesus christ. 1 Timothy 6:14 "That thou keep [this] commandment without spot, unrebukeable, until the appearing of our Lord Jesus Christ:
1 Timothy 6:15 "Which in his times he shall shew, [who][ is] the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;
and that appering is recorded in Revelation 19:11-16.

so you say, but will not address
There is only One
and
No one has ever
?
that's true just google it, "immortality".

PICJAG.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i mean like even eating a bowl of oatmeal, good stuff, same "time" every day, too. Change your mind imo, mix it up, experience the suffering, if any, and like um go into that, question it or whatever cross examine it maybe
Too much of a supposedly good thing can be bad or...?

The last time I looked into it one can or glass of beer was supposed to be good for you. I remember when my wife was pregnant with our first child she had an old Dutch obstetrician who advised her to drink one can of beer daily during her pregnancy to improve the quality of her milk. I've read anything about it one way or the other but she took his advice; the baby loved the milk and was healthy. Hmmm?

Yet when I used to drink beer to excess I really did not like the morning after results and sometime the results during the night of were not so good. Would it have been better if I had limiting myself to drinking only one beer? Hmmm?

hmm, i dunno about what God would "like," that is uncomfortably close to manifesting a god with a soul to me...dunno.
what you bless will be blessed, curse will be cursed
maybe
hmm. Molech? Baal? etc? dunno there either G, imo lotta sins are not Mammon oriented?

I guess we have a communication problem again. Perhaps God in that sense doesn't really "like" or "dislike" but some things will move us toward Him while others will move us away. We might think about the blessings and the curses of God as described in places in the scriptures. Sometimes I believe that God expresses to me what He would "like" me to do and then the decision is mine. That the word "like" may not real communicate God's position, it might be difficult to express it correctly in some other way so that people will understand our meaning.

For me there are effectively two directions a person can choose to go, with God or away from God, although actually that may not be a correct description but how else can we communicate our meaning to another person? Jesus used the expression 'God or mammon' as I did in hopes of getting my point across... but still there will always be questions in the minds of some even if unspoken.

"And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD." Joshua 24:15

Preacher4Truth

Feb 15, 2019
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Is it easy to see three persons? Perhaps for you, but not for me. Should I believe in the Trinity because you do or because so many others are saying that they do? Is that a good reason for having faith in that doctrine?

It's plainly shown in Scripture. With all due respect, and I do respect you, the fact is you do not study as much as you've claimed. Too many rudimentary errors are made by yourself throughout this site to believe you've been grounded in doctrine, plus the fact you endorse cults as Christian when they are not Christian at all. For example, Jehovah's Witnesses is not another Christian denomination. If you studied this out you'd know this.

No offense intended, just an observation.

For the record Matthew 3:16-17 is clear evidence.

So I have to ask, which works on the doctrine of the Trinity have you read? There should be several since you say you've studied this for years. The evidence is compelling and plain.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i mean like even eating a bowl of oatmeal, good stuff, same "time" every day, too. Change your mind imo, mix it up, experience the suffering, if any, and like um go into that, question it or whatever cross examine it maybe
hmm, i dunno about what God would "like," that is uncomfortably close to manifesting a god with a soul to me...dunno.
what you bless will be blessed, curse will be cursed
maybe
hmm. Molech? Baal? etc? dunno there either G, imo lotta sins are not Mammon oriented?
"imo lotta sins are not Mammon oriented?"
Tru dat! As the bible say's "The love of money is the root of many evils"...not necessarily ALL evils. I would say that anger/rage is a huge sin when out of control - kills and destroys many. Not to mention jealousy - think domestic violence. And of course to me anyhow - PRIDE leads to many, many (if not all?) sin.
"Change your mind imo, mix it up"
That is a really good way to deal with the weariness of well doing, kind of lie your oatmeal, and I also liken it to working out...you reach a plateau so...changing it up is like starting anew again and, the weariness goes away...at least until the next time :)

Reactions: bbyrd009

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
#2. next time we will reveal why the CHRIST always referes to the Spirit as him or he, and why if he God don't know while in flesh and blood Godly things as in his return date, and ect....

know your God.
Why do the Lord Jesus the Christ refere to the Spirit as "he" or "him", and the title "Father". one scripture, Philippians 2:7 "But made himself of no reputation, and took upon him the form of a servant, and was made in the likeness of men"

No reputation, it's the greek word,
G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') v.
1. to make empty.
2. (figuratively) to abase, neutralize, falsify.
[from G2756]
KJV: make (of none effect, of no reputation, void), be in vain
Root(s): G2756

this verse kills any trinity, any oneness, (as the upc teaches oneness) and any unitarian doctrine.

this verse in combination with verse 6 above it clearly shows that God is "another" of himslf in flesh. knowing this, one can see why he's the G243 allos of himself. for he in flesh grew, both in statue and wisdom, all because of his G2758 κενόω kenoo (ke-no-ō') of himself in flesh. this seems like another and separate distinct person don't it... :D no, it the same spirit shared in flesh. by his G2758 κενόω kenoo of himself in flesh he can refere to the Spirt as "Father" while in flesh and "deversified", or shared in it. it also lets us know why he don't know his return day, because of his G2758 κενόω kenoo of himsel. see, the bible have all the answers, it's that we need to search them out.

bottom line, to understand our Lord relationship with the Spirit, is found in his G2758 κενόω kenoo of himself in flesh. we suggest one study this, for it will come up again and again while trying to understand diversity.

I gave the short version, and to the point and not the technical overview.

Just remember Jesus the Christ is the "Diversity" or the share of God himself in flesh that G2758 κενόω kenoo himself. see Hebrew 2:9.

PICJAG.

Last edited:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
we are , all of us imo, swimming in a sea of sin. I could list ten venal sins off the top of my head. Ones "garbage" would be my guide there

try to not make garbage, imo. zero.
Slightly unrelated but something came to mind here regarding one of my former pastors. I was working for him helping him to fix up houses for resale [flipping?] when that wasn't such common thing as it seems to be today. When we were cleaning the "garbage" out of the house certain types of things could not be put out with the regular trash which the city garbage trucks routinely picked a couple of times a week. For those items city ordinances required that a special call be made for an extraordinary pick up which would of course cost extra money. He had learned to save money by slipping the garbage men a few dollars [much less than the city would charge] to put in their pocket so that they would take the disallowed materials along with the allowed ones at no extra charge by the city. The collectors and my pastor of course both did OK with this arrangement. Not all garbage as you understand is the same but with a properly placed bribe it may all be treated the same. What kind of "sin" were they swimming in? Was that a sin and if so would it be venal or mortal?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most of the 'truth' and 'accuracy' of any doctrinal variation we personally accept comes, basically, from our prior acceptance of a preconceived foundational presumption about something. Often we don't dig to 'find out'... we just build upon what we have been told is an indisputable fact.

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfection. And who BUT God is perfect? None. Jesus had to be God Himself, as only God is perfect...in ALL His ways. How could any BUT God incarnate atone for our sins? Anything less would not meet His standard. Jesus was/is perfect as God is perfect.
There is no other way ♥ How could any other than God Himself atone for our sin? Our redemption will only be complete through Gods standard...perfection through Him in the person of The Christ.
Thoughts? :)
GOD and HIS SON IS PERFECT, but yet as God Son our Lord have said, BE YE PERFECT, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect. and as Peter said that we should follow his/Jesus steps.

Reactions: Nancy

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Usually "clear evidence" seems to do little more than… "indicate" or "suggest." (Unless you have already decided that it HAS to be "clear evidence.")

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi Willie, how are you all? what do you mean when you said of the above?
Mostly I mean that we need to remember that quite often all the people, although they firmly believed, even KNEW, what certain Scriptures said and meant.... Jesus would upset their apple-carts by quietly saying:
"You have read or heard it said, such and such...… BUT, I say to you that Scripture means THIS also."

I suspect there is a lot more "Pharisee" in most of us than we realize. "We memorized it, now we KNOW all we will ever need to know about that subject, so that settles it."

Last edited:

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Mostly I mean that we need to remember that quite often all the people, although they firmly believed, even KNEW, what certain Scriptures said and meant.... Jesus would upset their apple-carts by quietly saying:
"You have read or heard it said, such and such...… BUT, I say to you that Scripture means THIS also."

I suspect there is a lot more "Pharisee" in most of us than we realize.
Realizing that there is a second death.

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Most Christians or people thinks that they have a chance to do whatever before they can be perfect as the OP, but do that make sense to you or others? NO, not to me according to the scriptures, what about you all?
Does "perfect" mean to have no flaws, or does it mean to try to be as complete as you can be?

Did we let ourselves get all hung up on the English translation of a Hebrew concept?

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It's plainly shown in Scripture.
People's point of views may indeed be seen in the scriptures and they have shown me over the years on this and other forums.
With all due respect, and I do respect you, the fact is you do not study as much as you've claimed.
I would guess that what I call study and what you call study are not precisely the same. I study the scriptures themselves more than anything else using references such as concordances and lexicons when I have felt the need to do so. When occasion has arisen to discuss certain issues with others I have sometimes involved myself both on the Internet and elsewhere. I have never sought out a lot of commentaries or studies on given doctrines such as the Trinity to study them. I have never attended a Bible school of college in order to learn about God and the Bible. Having grown up as a Catholic I never was encouraged to do that. When I was a teen ager I thought I wanted to be priest so I could read the Bible for myself. That of course never happened. I had never owned a Bible or read it for myself until I began to open it for the first time when I was 32 years old [1976] and had been out of active Catholicism for quite a few years. Things moved on from there, but I never belonged to any of what have been called mainstream Protestant churches... so no personal experience there. Some might say that my education is lacking, but I also never studied Buddhism or Zoroastrianism or Islam or any of many other definitely non-Christian religions. Should I have? I have never been a full-time minister per se. In more recent years long after my retirement from secular employment there has been more time, but how much should I have spent on the many thousands of different groups who have called themselves Christian? Would my time spent in the Bible itself have been better spent in trying to understand all of those according to them?

Too many rudimentary errors are made by yourself throughout this site to believe you've been grounded in doctrine, plus the fact you endorse cults as Christian when they are not Christian at all. For example, Jehovah's Witnesses is not another Christian denomination. If you studied this out you'd know this.
But you presume probably many things to be errors which I would never consider as such. If they really are errors on my part in need of correction, who is the proper one to correct other than God Himself. As a Catholic there were first nuns who taught us Catechism and then the priests supposedly who got into deeper thing. While I was there and devout in my Catholicism I respected them and believed them. When God brought me out of there, I went down to the very bottom although many people tried to taken into other places I would not and could not really go.

There is only one God and only one Jesus. That people may be wrong about what or who they are is not really for me to judge except insofar as my own pursuit of God's truth might require some understanding. If the Jehovah's Witnesses are wrong and the Mormons are wrong and the Pentecostal are wrong, which they all as I believe they are in some measure, so are all of the mainstream Protestant groups as well as all of the little splinter groups calling themselves Christians.

Since leaving formal Catholicism I have twice been drawn into non-Catholic Christian for which I had high hopes at the first... but with which I shortly discovered that they too as groups came up with what God had shown me. It is not that I was not also coming up short. It always easier to see the errors of someone else than to recognize and scrutinize your own errors.

No offense intended, just an observation.
No offence taken!

For the record Matthew 3:16-17 is clear evidence.
Evidence? I have heard it taught by many Trinitarians and understand what they think or believe, but it is hardly evidence of what God is, is it? And what does this verse mean?

"Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Heb 11:1

And this one?

"Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed." John 20:29

So I have to ask, which works on the doctrine of the Trinity have you read? There should be several since you say you've studied this for years. The evidence is compelling and plain.

And if I were to study all of those "compelling and plain" studies on the Trinity why would the following verse written by Solomon not apply to me and any conclusions I might make... if I failed to be led by the Holy Spirit?

"And further, by these, my son, be admonished: of making many books there is no end; and much study is a weariness of the flesh." Ecc 12:12

Last edited:
Reactions: WalterandDebbie