Gods Standard is...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfection. And who BUT God is perfect? None. Jesus had to be God Himself, as only God is perfect...in ALL His ways. How could any BUT God incarnate atone for our sins? Anything less would not meet His standard. Jesus was/is perfect as God is perfect.
There is no other way ♥ How could any other than God Himself atone for our sin? Our redemption will only be complete through Gods standard...perfection through Him in the person of The Christ.
Thoughts? :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I would say a "STANDARD" is a measurement used to determine a level of quality.

Further I would say God has a "STANDARD" by which a man can BECOME "MADE" "QUALIFIED" to Be in "STANDING" ....
"WITH" God.

Gods Standard is SIMPLE;
Believe in God,
Believe in Christ the Lord Jesus,
Trust Him,
Confess your Belief,
Become Crucified with Christ, Saved, Born Again....and BE FOUND in that Qualified and Justified manner on the Day the Lord Descends from Heaven.

Glory to God,
Taken

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's fine for the "pie in the sky" hereafter... but what about the "here and now?" We still have a definite "standard", although most of us want to say it no longer applies to us.
Not quite sure what you mean here Willie...can you maybe re-phrase so my thick skull can understand better? ♥

Reactions: Helen

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfection? Yes Only God Almighty IS Perfect.
However, We who are IN Him, and He IN Us...
Are Accounted "Perfected" IN Him.

We tend to JUDGE through limited Knowledge and OUR Eyes.
God JUDGES through HIS unlimited Knowledge and His Eyes.

Glory to God,
Taken

ScottA

Feb 24, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perfection. And who BUT God is perfect? None. Jesus had to be God Himself, as only God is perfect...in ALL His ways. How could any BUT God incarnate atone for our sins? Anything less would not meet His standard. Jesus was/is perfect as God is perfect.
There is no other way ♥ How could any other than God Himself atone for our sin? Our redemption will only be complete through Gods standard...perfection through Him in the person of The Christ.
Thoughts? :)
Great topic!

To our non-Christian onlookers, this kind of thing must certainly be like shop-talk LOL.

Many don't have a clear grasp of what the world is, that it is God's creation, His masterpiece, and that His intended perfection includes the nuance of contrasting the good with the bad...which sounds bad, since that would seem to paint some people in a bad light. But that is incorrect--we are all bad, and yet He is making something beautiful out of dust and rock; where even the shards that fall on the studio floor have received life in the world, where they otherwise would not have...even if only in the world. And the idea that any little speck upon His palette has the opportunity to--by choice--become something more, something like God, something with God, something immortal...should just blow your mind!

So, yeah, perfection is the object--and you are so right...who but God could do all that?!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Great topic!

To our non-Christian onlookers, this kind of thing must certainly be like shop-talk LOL.

Many don't have a clear grasp of what the world is, that it is God's creation, His masterpiece, and that His intended perfection includes the nuance of contrasting the good with the bad...which sounds bad, since that would seem to paint some people in a bad light. But that is incorrect--we are all bad, and yet He is making something beautiful out of dust and rock; where even the shards that fall on the studio floor have received life in the world, where they otherwise would not have...even if only in the world. And the idea that any little speck upon His palette has the opportunity to--by choice--become something more, something like God, something with God, something immortal...should just blow your mind!

So, yeah, perfection is the object--and you are so right...who but God could do all that?!
Ty! And yes, who BUT God can make ..."something beautiful out of dust and rock"? God will only see us as perfect if we have Christ-Life in us. And, yeah, it does blow my mind! ♥

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not quite sure what you mean here Willie...can you maybe re-phrase so my thick skull can understand better? ♥
Are you saying you never look at the life or actions of someone else and find yourself realizing they are not meeting God's standard? Of course you do. We have all done that. So how do we know what is God's standard in such a situation? Do we look for perfection from them?

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That's fine for the "pie in the sky" hereafter... but what about the "here and now?" We still have a definite "standard", although most of us want to say it no longer applies to us.
Jesus is our ultimate standard and none of us are ever going to reach that, but with the Holy Spirit working in our lives we can rise above our starting point.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Are you saying you never look at the life or actions of someone else and find yourself realizing they are not meeting God's standard? Of course you do. We have all done that. So how do we know what is God's standard in such a situation? Do we look for perfection from them?

This thread is not about looking at others and judging them, it's about God's ultimate standard, and it is found in no other than Jesus, so...when we (Christians) are IN Jesus, God sees us differently. I am simply stating that we (Christians) ARE perfect in God's eyes - because we are in Christ, and through Him alone do we acquire perfection in God's eyes."Therefore from now on we recognize no one according to the flesh;. . .Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old things passed away; behold new things have come." 2 Corinthians 5:16-17" We are no longer recognized according to who we were in the flesh...God sees Jesus when He looks at us now, yes?

Willie T

Heaven Sent
Staff member
Sep 14, 2017
St. Petersburg Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The replies all sound nice and churchy... "Spiritual", even. But, none of them come close to itemizing the standards God so carefully gave to human beings. We already have them written out for us.... God spent a good deal of time and Bible space making sure there could be no mistakes for us...…. like vaguely and nebulously saying, "the standard is Jesus."

And the question asked by the OP was "God's Standard is".... not "Is Jesus perfect?"

Reactions: bbyrd009

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
We know that God is the only standard. But through love He knows that it is impossible for us worms. As Pat said, He sent Jesus.

I think when God checks us out...He is looking for a reflection of Himself.
( hence we have " If you have seen me you have seen the Father." )
"Image and likeness"

As has already been said ..impossible for us...but, we like Paul says - "press toward the Prize of the high calling .."

Good thread @Nancy :)

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
We know that God is the only standard. But through love He knows that it is impossible for us worms. As Pat said, He sent Jesus.

I think when God checks us out...He is looking for a reflection of Himself.
( hence we have " If you have seen me you have seen the Father." )
"Image and likeness"

As has already been said ..impossible for us...but, we like Paul says - "press toward the Prize of the high calling .."

Good thread @Nancy :)

That's just how hugely, unbelievably awesome He is. Like the song says "Who am I that the Highest King would welcome me". Yes, who are we? We are God's children seen by Him as cleansed and covered through Jesus perfect blood. ♥

Reactions: Acolyte and Helen

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The replies all sound nice and churchy... "Spiritual", even. But, none of them come close to itemizing the standards God so carefully gave to human beings. We already have them written out for us.... God spent a good deal of time and Bible space making sure there could be no mistakes for us...…. like vaguely and nebulously saying, "the standard is Jesus."

And the question asked by the OP was "God's Standard is".... not "Is Jesus perfect?"

Willie, I know there is and never will be a "perfect" human being (cept for Jesus) I think what I am trying to get at here is that God's standard, to be accepted by Him (salvation) is perfection. He knows WE cannot be perfect in the flesh, He knew it was impossible to live by the OT Law hence, Jesus - THE perfect sacrifice. God looks at us and He sees Jesus (hopefully) which is the reflection of Christ in HIS perfection. I am probably not making a whole lot of sense...sry.

Reactions: Helen

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
By love serve one another.

There's the standard. Is what you think/do/say an expression of love that springs from your faith in God? That's the perfection, and it's not just pie in the sky.

Jesus living through me. My life conformed to His. One moment to the next. No higher standard than that, is there?

Much love!
Mark

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That's just how hugely, unbelievably awesome He is. Like the song says "Who am I that the Highest King would welcome me". Yes, who are we? We are God's children seen by Him as cleansed and covered through Jesus perfect blood. ♥

I'd say actual born a new creature, born from God now His spirit child, who is holy and righteous, and always will be.

Much love!

Oh, and I absolutely Love that song!!

Reactions: Acolyte and Nancy

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
addressing the op, Good topic. reading the post many are on target. the standard of God is "Holiness", perfection, not in power, or wisdom, nor knowlrdge, for the Holy Ghost will enpower us with these things. but in your Faith, as one poster put it, our belief in God. Habakkuk 2:4 "Behold, his soul [which] is lifted up is not upright in him: but the just shall live by his faith". correct we all have a starting point in faith, so as the apostle Peter stated, add to your faith, see 2 Peter 1:5-12

and being in Christ,
Isaiah 11:10 "And in that day there shall be a root of Jesse, which shall stand for an ensign of the people; to it shall the Gentiles seek: and his rest shall be glorious.
Isaiah 11:11 "And it shall come to pass in that day, [that] the Lord shall set his hand again the second time to recover the remnant of his people, which shall be left, from Assyria, and from Egypt, and from Pathros, and from Cush, and from Elam, and from Shinar, and from Hamath, and from the islands of the sea.
Isaiah 11:12 "And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

and the crowing work of the LORD, Zechariah 9:16 "And the LORD their God shall save them in that day as the flock of his people: for they [shall be as] the stones of a crown, lifted up as an ensign upon his land.
Zechariah 9:17 "For how great [is] his goodness, and how great [is] his beauty! corn shall make the young men cheerful, and new wine the maids.

again good post, and poster also.

PICJAG.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

So what do you think of as God's standard if not Jesus?

Reactions: Helen and Nancy