Gods Standard is...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

stunnedbygrace

Aug 18, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ahh, sure been there! Thought I would have to walk away from my house as, I saw NO other way...and with 3 dogs to boot! He brought me to my face, literally! He came through out of the blue! (Sry @bbyrd009 :D ) and He was not too late or too early but, just. on time ♥. Four years later, I am still have my home ♥
It has finally come to the point where, when I see absolutely NO way, I get excited to see how HE will get me out of (usually) my own messes! And boy, have I messed up the large majority of this life He gave me :oops:
And...yes, even if He does not deliver us from these things, He still has our best interests in mind and, He just has another plan for us...this is my own experience, of course but, it has grown my faith exponentially! Just the fact that you are so open to His Truth shows, to me anyhow, that the Holy Spirit is shining His light inside of you, showing you areas that need to go...a little at a time. So, when your trust wavers just remember this scripture:
Mark 9:24 "Immediately the father of the child cried out and said, “I believe; help my unbelief!" He grows our faith...I liken it to a muscle. Especially if we already KNOW that a certain something is His will, we can pray and rest. Then just watch Him work ;)

Yes! Like a muscle that can either atrophy with no use or can get stronger when it meets with resistance!

Reactions: Nancy

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus might have called us "gods" (small g) but, I have yet to totally understand what He means exactly.
I know we have dominion over the "earth" but, no divinity!
We "make" the world" ??
Or... each one of us IS the world [a lump of flesh containing a bit of God]. This is the world we need to overcome even as Jesus overcame the world of his own fleshly ways as a man. God through Jesus has made this a possibility. When we consider it alone with our own brain and natural abilities it remains an impossibility which is why God must be in us and be given the dominion in us which is ours to retain or to give.

" And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible." Mark 10:27

We have the dominion over our own ways but while we fail surrender that dominion to the Holy Spirit in us we cannot overcome as Jesus overcame. Again why was it that Paul's writing admonished us NOT to quench the Holy Spirit?

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
Jesus might have called us "gods" (small g) but, I have yet to totally understand what He means exactly.
Failed Prophecies

and sorry for the delay, had to wait :)

I know we have dominion over the "earth" but, no divinity!
hmm. Change your def, change your life i guess maybe
We "make" the world" ??
The Hidden Messages in Water

also
"The life you live and the world you live in are up to you" ibid
this guy is freak, ok, free-key, wasn't even gonna share this but here i am i guess

Last edited:

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Normal ppl "pay" for books, i quote them for free and then spend like a day tracking down how to send the author a donation, arg. Black market is very hard nwo. The Mark(et, Common) is very easssy tho huh. I don't have to pay this guy a dime for his ten years of time, work that he shared if i don't wanna cared now, do i.

O sh_t better quit, it's startig agin lol

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
ah; what needs to be cut off then, if Jesus got it all wrong i guess iyo?

Jesus didn't get it wrong. If your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. Does your eye cause you to sin? Does anyone's eye cause them to sin?

Much love!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nancy

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
Jesus didn't get it wrong. If your eye causes you to sin, pluck it out. Does your eye cause you to sin? Does anyone's eye cause them to sin?

Much love!
Ha well i'm sure if you really believe that Jesus didn't get that other part wrong, then He didn't say that for nothing right? Yes, of course, every Believer's Rita eye causes them to sin, def, no Q.

iPad, lol. You get it

For future ref, when you Read "if," that means you, i'm pretty sure ok

Last edited: