God's Word does ""not"" teach that baptism is essential for salvation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not until you treat Scriptures with respect and stop taking the Bible as your own to chop up as you see fit. You think your all high and mighty because you only use verses you like and ignore the rest, disgusting
Truly disgusting what @friend of is doing...find the passages that support his belief and ignore the ones that destroy his belief. It’s been happening for 2,000 years....nothing new to The Church.

thank you historyb for defending Scripture.

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Truly disgusting what @friend of is doing...find the passages that support his belief and ignore the ones that destroy his belief. It’s been happening for 2,000 years....nothing new to The Church.

thank you historyb for defending Scripture.

You still continue to ignore the very real scripture I've posted. Until you do that i cant take you seriously

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Look man (woman?) Paul's own words were that he baptized hardly anyone. Think for one second, why he would say such a thing if water sprinkling was the true way to salvation. It's not. Faith in Christ is what matters. Why is this so difficult for you to comprehend?
Right....He baptized Hardly anyone.....but he did follow the COMMANDMENT of Jesus and Baptize people.

Scripture says Baptism now saves you.....You say it doesn’t.....Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

You do follow Scripture....Don’t you???

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Right....He baptized Hardly anyone.....but he did follow the COMMANDMENT of Jesus and Baptize people.

Scripture says Baptism now saves you.....You say it doesn’t.....Why is this so difficult to comprehend?

You do follow Scripture....Don’t you???

Goodness gracious. If he was commanded to water baptize people, he would NOT have said that he was grateful that he baptized "none of you"

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You still continue to ignore the very real scripture I've posted. Until you do that i cant take you seriously
Ummm.....are you ignoring the passage from Scripture that says “baptism now saves you”?????

Are you ignoring that Paul baptized? Why did he baptize? To fulfill Jesus commandment kiddo....

So why do you ignore what Paul DID and accept what you have been taught by the Reformation???

Curious Mary

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Why can't you interact with the scripture I've posted? Why?

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Goodness gracious. If he was commanded to water baptize people, he would NOT have said that he was grateful that he baptized "none of you"
Ummmmm......he said ”I baptized none of you” to the people of the Corinth Church EXCEPT Crispus and Gaith soooooo why do you ignore the word EXCEPT??? Because it doesn’t fit what you believe?????????????????

You are a very confusing person. You agree that Paul baptized but downplay the baptisms (plural) that he did perform ....very confusing......Goodness gracious indeed...Did he baptize members of other Churches BESIDES Corinth??

Paul was commanded to water baptize and THAT IS WHY HE DID IT...He followed Jesus command to “baptize all nations”.....Goodness gracious indeed.

You Ignore what Paul SAID and DID....don’t you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? 4 We were therefore buried with him through baptism...

you seem comfortable ignoring it....I don’t>>>

Last edited:
Reactions: BreadOfLife

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why can't you interact with the scripture I've posted? Why?
Ummmm.....I have interacted with the Scripture you have posted. I put it in CONTEXT and didn’t lie about it like you did.....Paul said ‘I baptized none if you EXCEPT”....... YOU left out the word “except” in post #104 because it doesn’t conform to the false teaching you were taught. Or perhaps you are self taught???

Curious Mary

Reactions: BreadOfLife

Illuminator

Jan 11, 2020
Hamilton
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Among Protestants there are five camps regarding baptism. They just can’t figure out the truth of this matter.
  • Luther (as well as some “high” Anglicans and Methodists) held to (infant) baptismal regeneration,
  • Calvin to symbolic infant baptism.
  • Then there is the position of Baptists and some others: adult “believers” symbolic baptism.
  • Yet others believe in adult baptismal regeneration (e.g., Disciples of Christ and Church[es] of Christ).
  • A fifth position is denying the necessity of baptism altogether (even though it is clearly a command in the New Testament). This is held by Quakers and The Salvation Army.
John 3:5 and Titus 3:5: Proofs for Baptismal Regeneration? | Dave Armstrong (patheos.com)
  • a sixth position is you don't need water

Reactions: Marymog

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Learn Bible teaching Not just a verse or two that you take out of context and do not understand what the Word of God is teaching. He who believes and accepts Jesus as their Lord and Savior are saved and will want to obey and be baptized!!

Again - That's not what the Bible says.
"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved"
You need to beleive Jesus

07-07-07

Nov 18, 2018
Rust Belt
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
While baptism in water is not the born again experience that Jesus taught, it is however a teaching of Jesus to be observed.

Reactions: Nancy

GISMYS_7

Jun 22, 2017
southern USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Again - That's not what the Bible says.
"Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved"
You need to beleive Jesus
Understand!! Jesus cannot lie so you must not understand what Jesus is teaching or do you deny that the many unbelievers that are baptized are NOT saved??? So you have proof baptism does NOT save the unbeliever!!
John 8:24
Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”

John 12:48
He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.
Therefore I said to you that you will die in your sins; for unless you believe that I am He, you will die in your sins.”
Baptism will not save the unbeliever!

Last edited:

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
lol.

Not sure why you mention him.

Anyhow, I am well aware of United Pentecostal legalism.
Don't get me going on that subject...
The UPC has doctrinal errors but is the best thing going to insist on Acts 2:38.

I gave up teaching the incarnation idea of both trinity and oneness, also tithe teaching, but the rest is basically okay(with some exceptions).

Trinity is worse off than oneness as far as doctrinal arguments.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babies cant read.
Babies couldn't read in the Old Testament either - but that didn't stop God's people from following His command to have them circumcised in order for them to enter the Covenant with Him.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Babies couldn't read in the Old Testament either - but that didn't stop God's people from following His command to have them circumcised in order for them to enter the Covenant with Him.
Then why baptize babies?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Then why baptize babies?
So they, too can be reborn and receive the Holy Spirit, per Acts 2:39 . . .
For the promise is for you and for your CHILDREN and for all who are far off, EVERYONE whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”

Pretty simple, really . . .

Mungo

May 23, 2012
England
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Understand!! Jesus cannot lie so you must not understand what Jesus is teaching or do you deny that the many unbelievers that are baptized are NOT saved??? So you have proof baptism does NOT save the unbeliever!!

John 12:48
He who rejects Me and does not receive My sayings, has one who judges him; the word I spoke is what will judge him at the last day.
Baptism will not save the unbeliever!

Exactly, Jesus cannot lie. So why then, when Jesus says "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved", do you not believe Jesus?

Regarding the second part of your post, again Jesus said "Whoever believes and is baptized will be saved". This discussion is not about unbelievers being baptised but that Jesus told us that salvation is belief + baptism, not belief alone. I've made this point several times in your different threads but you have consistently failed to answer it. Mk 16:16 blows apart your faith alone claim. Just believe Jesus. As you say- he does not lie.

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So they, too can be reborn and receive the Holy Spirit, per Acts 2:39 . . .
For the promise is for you and for your CHILDREN and for all who are far off, EVERYONE whom the Lord our God calls to himself.”

Pretty simple, really . . .
Shouldn't the children repent(die) first to be reborn?

Reactions: Triumph1300

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Shouldn't the children repent(die) first to be reborn?
Did the babies in the Old Testament "Die" upon being circumcised and entering into the Covenant with God?

NO - they were circumcised and entered into the Covenant - and raised in the faith by their parents.
This is the way it is with the circumcision of Christ (Col. 2:11-12).

Children will NOT be denied Christ by arrogant people who think that the Body of Christ is just a "club for adults" (Matt. 19:14).