God's Word does ""not"" teach that baptism is essential for salvation.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Marymog

Mar 7, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I hang out with these cool cats....

22 But ye are come unto mount Sion, and unto the city of the living God, the heavenly Jerusalem, and to an innumerable company of angels,

23 To the general assembly and church of the firstborn, which are written in heaven, and to God the Judge of all, and to the spirits of just men made perfect,

24 And to Jesus the mediator of the new covenant,....
thank you dodgeball....

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Did Jacob and Esau grow up and make their own decisions?
Did Jacob's sons grow up and make their own decisions?
Did David grow up and make his own decisions?
Did Peter, Paul and the other Apostles grow up and make their own decisions?

EVERY SINGLE ONE of them entered into the Covenant with God based on the faith of their parents when they were circumcised as babies - and later made their own decisions as adults.

My daughter entered into the NEW Covenant based on the faith of her mother and me when she was Baptized as a baby - and now makes her own decisions as a woman in early adulthood.
Were all these folks you mentioned in the Bible forced by some person or God Himself to make their decisions?

So you saved your daughter, negating the work of Christ in her personal life, concerning your daughter?

You buried your infant daughter with Christ unto His death without her even knowing what happened?

Did your daughter rise to walk a newness of life before she could crawl?

Don't you think you kinda got the cart before the horse?

Reactions: Triumph1300

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Show me any scripture that says "do not drive a car"....and on and on.
Well, I guess you got the picture.....
(smile), but it do say ,"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost". and that's the picture. because it "DO" say it.

Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.

PICJAG
101G The "Spiritual Saboteur"

Triumph1300

Jan 11, 2018
Northern British Columbia, Canada
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Remember, Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word

Why would you post this?

What makes you think I argue with you?
A difference of opinion amongst Christians is not "to argue", it's a different opinion being discussed.

Why have such a negative attitude when people simply give an opinion which differs from yours.

You have a high opinion about yourself?
You sound like a school teacher talking down to elementary students.
-----------------------------------------------------------------

Btw. There are 1000's of Christian who would say "Baptize in the Name of Jesus".
There are 1000's who say "Baptize in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost"
You really think the Lord will send people to hell because of baptizing in one way or the other way?

SHALL NOT THE LOVING JUDGE OF ALL THE EARTH DO WHAT IS JUST?

user

Aug 4, 2019
usa
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Btw. There are 1000's of Christian who would say "Baptize in the Name of Jesus".
There are 1000's who say "Baptize in the Name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Ghost"
You really think the Lord will send people to hell because of baptizing in one way or the other way?

I hear what you are saying. Yes God is love, but I ask you what is His Name?

Matthew 28:19 Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:

Is the "name" of you father = Father?
Is the "name" of your son = Son?
Is the name of your "wife" = Wife?

What is the "name" of our Savior?
What is the "name" of the owner with that redeeming blood?

If we do a word search for "name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost", this is what we would discover...

One (1) result = Matthew 28:19

Matthew 28:19 tells them what to do - not what to repeat verbatim.

Acts 4:9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what means he is made whole;
Acts 4:10 Be it known unto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whom God raised from the dead, even by him doth this man stand here before you whole.
Acts 4:11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.
Acts 4:12 Neither is there salvation in any other: for there is none other name under heaven given among men, whereby we must be saved.

Does His Name really matter?

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
GINOLJC, to all.
Why would you post this?
Just read it. Don't argue with 101G, argue with the scriptures, God Holy Word.
see above.
A difference of opinion amongst Christians is not "to argue", it's a different opinion being discussed.
see above.
Why have such a negative attitude when people simply give an opinion which differs from yours.
see above.
is that's YOUR opinion, or the TRUTH?
again, see above.
see above.
what I think is of no concern, it will not change one iota of his Word. his word is written, so ask him whan you meet him and see what he says about it. .... (smile)... :D YIKES!.

100% correct there..... ;)

PICJAG

Truther

Dec 2, 2019
Lodi
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why would you post this?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The name of Jesus Christ must be spoken over the candidate when they are baptized.

The titles Father/Son/Holy Ghost are defined as Jesus Christ.

Peter and the others knew that, and baptized everyone in the name of Jesus Christ per Acts.

Jesus is made the everlasting Father, Jesus is the Son and Jesus is a(the) Holy Spirit.

101G

Jul 20, 2012
Mobile, Al.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
101G, You are now number 3 on my ignore list.
in the name of the Lord Jesus .... "Thank God"...... :p

PICJAG