Going on Hospice Today.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Robert there are substances, not pharma, that slow down or stop cancer growth even stage 4 read Chris Beat Cancer - a Christian. It might be too late but things can help especially the mind.
There is no cure for cancer. Hospitals and some doctors want you to believe that you can beat it. Yes, it can be slowed down. I am elderly, I don't want to prolong the inevitable.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Chris beat stage 4 bowel cancer after surgery but the establishment would have us believe that our only chance is delaying it. I wish you would just take a look at his site. He is no charlatan.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chris beat stage 4 bowel cancer after surgery but the establishment would have us believe that our only chance is delaying it. I wish you would just take a look at his site. He is no charlatan.
I believe you. The way that they beat it is by cutting it out. My cancer is beyond that. Chances are that the cancer will return to a different area after they cut it out. I have it in two places on my upper chest and then in a large area that covers the prostate and the bladder. Thanks for your interest.

Hepzibah

Aug 13, 2012
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
No it had spread. One it is stage 4 it is in the stem cells that medical treatment cannot touch.

Eternally Grateful

Feb 27, 2020
Columbus, ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two Christian ladies came to my house to get me signed up for hospice. They were here for two hours. They went over everything. I have two different things that are going to cause my death. Five years ago I had a massive heart attack. My heart doctor said that I only had five minutes to live. He placed a stint in a collapsed artery on the left side of my chest, that saved my life. And now I have been diagnosed with stage four prostate cancer. I don't know which ailment is going to kill me. I am beginning to have chest pains and the cancer is making me very weak. I am beginning to have trouble walking.

The hospice ladies said that my death is going to be a progression. 1. I will not be able to stand or walk and will have to be in the bed. 2. I will stop eating. 3. I will stop talking. 4. I will become unconscious and then I will die. I know that this sounds unusual, but I have perfect peace and I am looking forward to dying. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord". Thank all of you for your concern.
Pray your body has peace and you can rest..

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "Hospice" means "A place of rest or shelter, usually maintained by a religious order for pilgrims and travelers. (Funk & Wagnalls Dictionary)

Life is like a journey. I have been on a journey for a very long time. I have been down in the valleys and I have been on the mountain tops. Life is also like going down a river on a canoe, you don't know what is around the next bend. Perhaps there is a water fall or a bunch of jagged rocks. Some how we manage to get through the obstacles of our journey, but not all make it. I have lost many friends through accidents and wars. Some were very young.

Hospice is really a small team of people that help you die. The object is to try and keep you comfortable until you take your last breath. This may sound strange to some, but I am really looking forward to hospice. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" 2 Corinthians 5:6. I intend to continue to stay on the Forum as long as I can.
ONWARD IN THE LORD MY FRIEND TILL THE LAST BREATH . THE LAMBS HAVE A WONDERFUL HOME AT OUR END .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure about him, but I think assisted suicide denies us of a testimony of enduring suffering for the sake of our loved ones.

And I also believe the Lord is merciful, and if everyone is ready, he will call us home sooner rather than later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Marvelloustime

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "Hospice" means "A place of rest or shelter, usually maintained by a religious order for pilgrims and travelers. (Funk & Wagnalls Dictionary)

Life is like a journey. I have been on a journey for a very long time. I have been down in the valleys and I have been on the mountain tops. Life is also like going down a river on a canoe, you don't know what is around the next bend. Perhaps there is a water fall or a bunch of jagged rocks. Some how we manage to get through the obstacles of our journey, but not all make it. I have lost many friends through accidents and wars. Some were very young.

Hospice is really a small team of people that help you die. The object is to try and keep you comfortable until you take your last breath. This may sound strange to some, but I am really looking forward to hospice. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" 2 Corinthians 5:6. I intend to continue to stay on the Forum as long as I can.
Hello Brother Robert, The LORD knows everything, as you know at this time, there is a time for everything especially your faith in Him for total deliverance.

Love, Walter

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Not sure. What are your thoughts on assisted suicide?

1 Corinthians 3:16,17
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
If any man destroys the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.

Self murder... is a sin

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am elderly, I don't want to prolong the inevitable.
I can understand that...if you are elderly and are ready to be with the Lord...much better.

About the doctor's name that killed people....it was Dr. Kevorkian...I think that's the spelling.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That was good that he had someone to take care of him. I know that people abuse drugs, but they help people to die without pain. What would we do without them? I am hoping to graduate from hospice. The nurse said that some do, but that I should not get my hopes up, especially with stage 4 cancer. Stage 4 means that it is spreading. I just don't like the unknown. How long is this going to take? A month? Six months? I feel helpless. I am used to being in charge. I am no longer in charge, and I don't like it. The Lord is in charge, but he won't tell me when I am going to die either.
What does graduate from hospice mean?

Btw, my uncle who had cancer all throughout his body and had no pain....he wasn't on pain medication.

It was extremely helpful that his niece took care of him. He enjoyed his last few months attending church with them a few times. Also, he enjoyed her cooking and spending time with her children and the dogs. I spoke with him sometimes as he was in another State.

He was 80 and ready to leave this Earth which he did peacefully in his sleep.

I honestly think that is the best way to go....in our sleep.