Going on Hospice Today.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Augustin56

Apr 16, 2023
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Trust God. He has seen, for all eternity, your entire life from conception to death. He created you to live in this place and time, and loves you unconditionally. Everything that happens to you, happens either through His providential will or his permissive will, and always for the good. Trust Him and surrender yourself entirely to His will. It will make the process much more peaceful for you.

Rockerduck

Nov 7, 2022
Marietta, Georgia.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I too have a death wish. From the first day I was saved I wanted to be with Jesus and whenever the subject of funerals came up, I said the same thing you did. Absent from the body, present with Christ.

Galatians 2:20 - I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

I'll see you in Heaven soon.

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "Hospice" means "A place of rest or shelter, usually maintained by a religious order for pilgrims and travelers. (Funk & Wagnalls Dictionary)

Life is like a journey. I have been on a journey for a very long time. I have been down in the valleys and I have been on the mountain tops. Life is also like going down a river on a canoe, you don't know what is around the next bend. Perhaps there is a water fall or a bunch of jagged rocks. Some how we manage to get through the obstacles of our journey, but not all make it. I have lost many friends through accidents and wars. Some were very young.

Hospice is really a small team of people that help you die. The object is to try and keep you comfortable until you take your last breath. This may sound strange to some, but I am really looking forward to hospice. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" 2 Corinthians 5:6. I intend to continue to stay on the Forum as long as I can.

You are now perfected in Christ. My wish and prayer is that the LORD will come so close to you as to shut you in with His perfect love entirely as you wait to hear His own sweet voice literally calling you be with Him forever and to know also, even as you are known of Him.

We shall behold Him!

Reactions: amadeus and Debp

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "Hospice" means "A place of rest or shelter, usually maintained by a religious order for pilgrims and travelers. (Funk & Wagnalls Dictionary)

Life is like a journey. I have been on a journey for a very long time. I have been down in the valleys and I have been on the mountain tops. Life is also like going down a river on a canoe, you don't know what is around the next bend. Perhaps there is a water fall or a bunch of jagged rocks. Some how we manage to get through the obstacles of our journey, but not all make it. I have lost many friends through accidents and wars. Some were very young.

Hospice is really a small team of people that help you die. The object is to try and keep you comfortable until you take your last breath. This may sound strange to some, but I am really looking forward to hospice. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" 2 Corinthians 5:6. I intend to continue to stay on the Forum as long as I can.
My dad will be 89 in February. At the moment he is in the hospital battling an infection.
He may be home next week or they may put him in physical therapy. They haven't decided.
I had "the talk" with dad a few weeks ago before he got sick. I asked him if things get bad, what he thought I should do and what his wishes were.
He told me he wants to stay at home until it's time to go.
There is only the two of us here and I'm not as strong as I used to be. He weighs almost 200 lbs and I can't lift him.
But I'm going to do everything I can to keep him home.
This week I kind of got a scare. How many more times can his body go through these infections before it's the last time?
This is the third year in a row and I almost lost him last spring.

I would like to think of our home as a hospice. I'm only one person and may need help in the future.
But my objective is to try and keep him as comfortable for as long as I am able.
Dad knows where he's going, and I know when he goes he'll be waiting for me with mom and my brothers.
I don't like to think about it, but it is what it is.

I will be praying for you Robert.
For a gentle ride home.
God Bless You
We are with you.

Hugs

APAK

Feb 4, 2018
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Your journey here may be soon over, although your new journey home with Christ will soon begin. The angels smile and await your time, to take you home.

We will all be together soon Robert in glory and new life immortal.

In the meantime, stay busy and even keep on writing, even on this site as this world keeps fading away further and further from your sight.

Love and peace to you friend that the Father in heaven brings to you.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two Christian ladies came to my house to get me signed up for hospice. They were here for two hours. They went over everything. I have two different things that are going to cause my death. Five years ago I had a massive heart attack. My heart doctor said that I only had five minutes to live. He placed a stint in a collapsed artery on the left side of my chest, that saved my life. And now I have been diagnosed with stage four prostate cancer. I don't know which ailment is going to kill me. I am beginning to have chest pains and the cancer is making me very weak. I am beginning to have trouble walking.

The hospice ladies said that my death is going to be a progression. 1. I will not be able to stand or walk and will have to be in the bed. 2. I will stop eating. 3. I will stop talking. 4. I will become unconscious and then I will die. I know that this sounds unusual, but I have perfect peace and I am looking forward to dying. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord". Thank all of you for your concern.
Prayers are with you for a peaceful and quick passing into our Heavenly home with the Lord.

You are a real blessing in what you write. I'm sure you are an encouragement to many that read the forum. And an encouragement to those in your life.

Reactions: TLHKAJ and amadeus

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Prayers are with you for a peaceful and quick passing into our Heavenly home with the Lord.

You are a real blessing in what you write. I'm sure you are an encouragement to many that read the forum. And an encouragement to those in your life.
Thank you for your concern and encouragement.

Reactions: Debp and amadeus

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your journey here may be soon over, although your new journey home with Christ will soon begin. The angels smile and await your time, to take you home.

We will all be together soon Robert in glory and new life immortal.

In the meantime, stay busy and even keep on writing, even on this site as this world keeps fading away further and further from your sight.

Love and peace to you friend that the Father in heaven brings to you.
Thank you for your concern and encouragement.

Reactions: Debp and amadeus

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am looking forward to being with Christ. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord."
the Holy Spirit will usher you in. a former pastor that passed away his son did his service, they told him quoting the book of James in his sleep. another lady said her husband was seeing the streets of Gold and naming them off is his sleep. you have great courage not everyone gets this chance . leave a testimony behind that will live forever

Reactions: amadeus and Debp

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
My dad will be 89 in February. At the moment he is in the hospital battling an infection.
He may be home next week or they may put him in physical therapy. They haven't decided.
I had "the talk" with dad a few weeks ago before he got sick. I asked him if things get bad, what he thought I should do and what his wishes were.
He told me he wants to stay at home until it's time to go.
There is only the two of us here and I'm not as strong as I used to be. He weighs almost 200 lbs and I can't lift him.
But I'm going to do everything I can to keep him home.
This week I kind of got a scare. How many more times can his body go through these infections before it's the last time?
This is the third year in a row and I almost lost him last spring.

I would like to think of our home as a hospice. I'm only one person and may need help in the future.
But my objective is to try and keep him as comfortable for as long as I am able.
Dad knows where he's going, and I know when he goes he'll be waiting for me with mom and my brothers.
I don't like to think about it, but it is what it is.

I will be praying for you Robert.
For a gentle ride home.
God Bless You
We are with you.

Hugs
He really needs to be on hospice. They do everything and will keep him comfortable as he passes away. It will also help you. Medicare pays for everything and does everything. It is a real blessing for me and my wife. No more trips to the hospital, they do everything.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
the Holy Spirit will usher you in. a former pastor that passed away his son did his service, they told him quoting the book of James in his sleep. another lady said her husband was seeing the streets of Gold and naming them off is his sleep. you have great courage not everyone gets this chance . leave a testimony behind that will live forever
Sorry but I am not much into personal testimonies. I have been operated on several times. One of my operations resulted in hallucinations that were terrible. I know that some claim that they saw Jesus. The truth of the matter is that they were hallucinating.

Reactions: TheHC

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Sorry but I am not much into personal testimonies. I have been operated on several times. One of my operations resulted in hallucinations that were terrible. I know that some claim that they saw Jesus. The truth of the matter is that they were hallucinating.
Yes…some of these are kown as “near death experiences”…..the brain starved of oxygen releases chemicals that produce hallucinations….it is well documented.
People with Lewy Body Demetia also have strong delusions because of altered brain activity even when they are awake.

NDE’s usually contain elements of the religious beliefs one is raised in, or familiar with.
These are not “after death“ experiences…they are “near death” hallucinations.
Apparently, the sub-conscious mind is a vast well of vivid imaginings.

Last edited:

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well sir i dont know as if it was a personal testimony as much as it was engorgement. i am well aware of hallucinating.. but there is also things in the spirit that people can see when sick.. this is what i meant by the Holy spirit ushering you in. its not some name it claim vision or i was in the spirit charismatic thing. i do believe in all my heart that when one is a Christian the Holy spirit can take over your Mind. when you cant think for your self . you can call it hallucinating but i have known to many people that have witnessed . if you think what i am saying is a fluke. i will remove my post and move on. btw i am very much into personal testimonies that i know are of God. the pastor was by far a fluke he preached well over 50 years. so apart from saying anything out of order . i am through....

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes…some of these are kown as “near death experiences”…..the brain starved of oxygen releases chemicals that produce hallucinations….it is well documented.
People with Lewy Body Demetia also have strong delusions because of altered brain activity even when they are awake.

NDE’s usually contain elements of the religious beliefs one is raised, or familiar with.
These are not “after death“ experiences…they a “near death” hallucinations.
Apparently, the sub-conscious mind is a vast well of vivid imaginings.
ya all get a life God works how he wants next you will saying salvation is hallucinations.

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
ya all get a life God works how he wants next you will saying salvation is hallucinations.
LOL …..are you a prophet now? How could I ever say that “salvation is hallucination” when it is clearly outlined in the scriptures? How many NDE’s are recorded in the Bible?
Death is the end of life, not a continuation of it somewhere else. Hades holds within itself all those whom God has promised a resurrection, be that to heaven as “kings and priests” for “the chosen ones”, or to resume life in the flesh as their subjects here on earth. (Rev 20:6; John 5:28-29)

What about the resurrections performed in Bible times….do any of them testify to an NDE before they died or described the place they had gone to? Biblically, there is no place to go when we die. The “soul” is the whole creature….a living breathing thing, be it man or animals, all are animated by the same “spirit” which is the breathing process. (Eccl 3:19-20)
When breathing stops, the soul dies. (Ezekiel 18:4) It is God who by his spirit through Jesus Christ can resurrect the dead. Some will be resurrected to heaven, whereas others will experience a return to this life as Lazarus was. Where did Jesus say Lazarus was after his death? (John 11: 11-14)

Just because something disagrees with what you have perhaps accepted all your life as truth, doesn’t make it so, if it was never true to begin with….who wants us to believe that we “surely will not die”…?…not God.

Reactions: TheHC

Ezra

Dec 27, 2018
Missouri
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL …..are you a prophet now? How could I ever say that “salvation is hallucination” when it is clearly outlined in the scriptures? How many NDE’s are recorded in the Bible?
Death is the end of life, not a continuation of it somewhere else. Hades holds within itself all those whom God has promised a resurrection, be that to heaven as “kings and priests” for “the chosen ones”, or to resume life in the flesh as their subjects here on earth. (Rev 20:6; John 5:28-29)

What about the resurrections performed in Bible times….do any of them testify to an NDE before they died or described the place they had gone to? Biblically, there is no place to go when we die. The “soul” is the whole creature….a living breathing thing, be it man or animals, all are animated by the same “spirit” which is the breathing process. (Eccl 3:19-20)
When breathing stops, the soul dies. (Ezekiel 18:4) It is God who by his spirit through Jesus Christ can resurrect the dead. Some will be resurrected to heaven, whereas others will experience a return to this life as Lazarus was. Where did Jesus say Lazarus was after his death? (John 11: 11-14)

Just because something disagrees with what you have perhaps accepted all your life as truth, doesn’t make it so, if it was never true to begin with….who wants us to believe that we “surely will not die”…?…not God.
you been playing with the kangaroos to long what i said had nothing to do with nde duhhhh . these was people who was just time away from dyeing.. a mother sitting by her daughters bedside just before she passes away sits up in the bed and says jesus love me this i know. then goes into eternity you and you hood winked ideas . God will usher a person in yes give them visions in a unconscienced state of mind.

Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Hospice affords Palliative care.:(

May legions of angels carry you to your rest, brother.

In the meantime I will pray for you. God bring you comfort and rest from all troubles. Amen.

Reactions: amadeus

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
well sir i dont know as if it was a personal testimony as much as it was engorgement. i am well aware of hallucinating.. but there is also things in the spirit that people can see when sick.. this is what i meant by the Holy spirit ushering you in. its not some name it claim vision or i was in the spirit charismatic thing. i do believe in all my heart that when one is a Christian the Holy spirit can take over your Mind. when you cant think for your self . you can call it hallucinating but i have known to many people that have witnessed . if you think what i am saying is a fluke. i will remove my post and move on. btw i am very much into personal testimonies that i know are of God. the pastor was by far a fluke he preached well over 50 years. so apart from saying anything out of order . i am through....
I don't believe that there are miracles or revelations today. This is the age of faith, Romans 1:17. The greatest miracle has already happened, the incarnation of Jesus Christ.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He really needs to be on hospice. They do everything and will keep him comfortable as he passes away. It will also help you. Medicare pays for everything and does everything. It is a real blessing for me and my wife. No more trips to the hospital, they do everything.
I didn't know Medicare pays for Hospice care.
My homebound, disabled mom is going to be 94 in February.

I have been taking care of her for fourteen months now. She declined a lot after a hospital stay in October 2022.