Going on Hospice Today.

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "Hospice" means "A place of rest or shelter, usually maintained by a religious order for pilgrims and travelers. (Funk & Wagnalls Dictionary)

Life is like a journey. I have been on a journey for a very long time. I have been down in the valleys and I have been on the mountain tops. Life is also like going down a river on a canoe, you don't know what is around the next bend. Perhaps there is a water fall or a bunch of jagged rocks. Some how we manage to get through the obstacles of our journey, but not all make it. I have lost many friends through accidents and wars. Some were very young.

Hospice is really a small team of people that help you die. The object is to try and keep you comfortable until you take your last breath. This may sound strange to some, but I am really looking forward to hospice. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" 2 Corinthians 5:6. I intend to continue to stay on the Forum as long as I can.

Hobie

Jun 11, 2009
South Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The word "Hospice" means "A place of rest or shelter, usually maintained by a religious order for pilgrims and travelers. (Funk & Wagnalls Dictionary)

Life is like a journey. I have been on a journey for a very long time. I have been down in the valleys and I have been on the mountain tops. Life is also like going down a river on a canoe, you don't know what is around the next bend. Perhaps there is a water fall or a bunch of jagged rocks. Some how we manage to get through the obstacles of our journey, but not all make it. I have lost many friends through accidents and wars. Some were very young.

Hospice is really a small team of people that help you die. The object is to try and keep you comfortable until you take your last breath. This may sound strange to some, but I am really looking forward to hospice. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord" 2 Corinthians 5:6. I intend to continue to stay on the Forum as long as I can.
Be careful what they give you as some try to 'help' the process as we found out....

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be careful what they give you as some try to 'help' the process as we found out....
Yes, I am aware of that, so what! There was a doctor some years ago who actually killed terminally ill people. I can't remember his name.

Reactions: Nancy

Cassandra

Sep 24, 2021
Midwest
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I am so sad. It's is one thing to take up swords against each other in debates, but when these things happen, we remember that we are all human, and through all of it, we still care a great deal about each other.

None of us can know when our time is. We need to be better to each other.
God be with you.
See you in the kingdom
1703260018217.png

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Keep giving God the glory, my friend. I have you in prayer.

marks

Oct 10, 2018
SoCal USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

My heart goes to you, and I will be keeping you in prayer!

Much love!

lforrest

Staff member
Admin
Aug 10, 2012
Faith
Christian

You will be missed. I pray the Lord comes to you quickly and you do not need to suffer long.

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Praying for you now.

Yes, you described life on this Earth so well...a journey. For those of us older in years, our journey is nearing the end. We will then be in our heavenly home with the Lord.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Thank you for being so open and letting us know. Will you have family or friends by your side on this part of your journey Robert.
We had a hospice take over part of the carehome where I worked ( their property was being renovated ) the staff were amazing - so I truly hope you will be surrounded by similar people.
May the Lord grant you all the grace and peace as You face end of life , although it’s really end of your physical body.
much love x
Rita

Aunty Jane

Sep 16, 2021
Sydney
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Facing death with courage is something only a person of faith can do. ....Death was never supposed to happen, so it never sits well because we are not 'programmed' for death....we were supposed to live forever in paradise on earth. So when we lose loved ones, it hurts us deeply, but the resurrection hope keeps our spirits up, as we know that we will see them again one day.

My best wishes for a peaceful 'sleep' and no regrets.

Jane

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two Christian ladies came to my house to get me signed up for hospice. They were here for two hours. They went over everything. I have two different things that are going to cause my death. Five years ago I had a massive heart attack. My heart doctor said that I only had five minutes to live. He placed a stint in a collapsed artery on the left side of my chest, that saved my life. And now I have been diagnosed with stage four prostate cancer. I don't know which ailment is going to kill me. I am beginning to have chest pains and the cancer is making me very weak. I am beginning to have trouble walking.

The hospice ladies said that my death is going to be a progression. 1. I will not be able to stand or walk and will have to be in the bed. 2. I will stop eating. 3. I will stop talking. 4. I will become unconscious and then I will die. I know that this sounds unusual, but I have perfect peace and I am looking forward to dying. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord". Thank all of you for your concern.

GTW27

Dec 6, 2018
wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Two Christian ladies came to my house to get me signed up for hospice. They were here for two hours. They went over everything. I have two different things that are going to cause my death. Five years ago I had a massive heart attack. My heart doctor said that I only had five minutes to live. He placed a stint in a collapsed artery on the left side of my chest, that saved my life. And now I have been diagnosed with stage four prostate cancer. I don't know which ailment is going to kill me. I am beginning to have chest pains and the cancer is making me very weak. I am beginning to have trouble walking.

The hospice ladies said that my death is going to be a progression. 1. I will not be able to stand or walk and will have to be in the bed. 2. I will stop eating. 3. I will stop talking. 4. I will become unconscious and then I will die. I know that this sounds unusual, but I have perfect peace and I am looking forward to dying. "To be absent from the body is to be present with the Lord". Thank all of you for your concern.
Blessings in Christ Jesus Robert Pate. Yesterday I read your post, and I wanted to cry. I too had the heart attack and have the prostate cancer. I also truely understand the peace that surpasses understanding. And the joy. I give you this, words can not describe being in the full Presence of The Lord. His Love permeates every fiber of our being. Nothing else matters. This is why I can not help to bear witness to His Glory why I am still here on earth.
The two main drugs for prostate cancer today have their flaws when a person has a heart problem. One attacks the heart and the other attacks the medicine for the heart. These medicines are designed to bring down the psa numbers to acceptable numbers. My original numbers 3 years ago was 70.77 and today are 0.87 last draw. I have learned to only depend upon The Lord and when the doctors are wrong The Lord interveans, as He is faithful. I take as per The Lord 3 pills instead of the four, as four make me weak and cause chest pains as it is attacking the heart.
The days of man are numbered by The Lord, not by doctors, not by diagnosis, or by circumstances, or how we feel. For those that are truly His, He will walk with us all the way to the end. When it is too much, He interveans and helps us. I know I am but a stranger to you Robert Pate, but I hope something in these words helps in your time of need. My prayers go out to you and yours.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Blessings in Christ Jesus Robert Pate. Yesterday I read your post, and I wanted to cry. I too had the heart attack and have the prostate cancer. I also truely understand the peace that surpasses understanding. And the joy. I give you this, words can not describe being in the full Presence of The Lord. His Love permeates every fiber of our being. Nothing else matters. This is why I can not help to bear witness to His Glory why I am still here on earth.
The two main drugs for prostate cancer today have their flaws when a person has a heart problem. One attacks the heart and the other attacks the medicine for the heart. These medicines are designed to bring down the psa numbers to acceptable numbers. My original numbers 3 years ago was 70.77 and today are 0.87 last draw. I have learned to only depend upon The Lord and when the doctors are wrong The Lord interveans, as He is faithful. I take as per The Lord 3 pills instead of the four, as four make me weak and cause chest pains as it is attacking the heart.
The days of man are numbered by The Lord, not by doctors, not by diagnosis, or by circumstances, or how we feel. For those that are truly His, He will walk with us all the way to the end. When it is too much, He interveans and helps us. I know I am but a stranger to you Robert Pate, but I hope something in these words helps in your time of need. My prayers go out to you and yours.
Thanks for your reply. When you become terminally ill the things of the Spirit become more important than the things of the flesh. I know that their must he hundreds or maybe thousands of people that are terminally ill. I can't imagine what it would be like to die without Christ. I have heard of people that curse God on their death bed. When Job was going through his trial his wife said, "Why don't you curse God and die". I guess that is all that they can do. I have stopped taking all medications. Why try to feed a dead horse? I think that I am actually feeling better without the drugs, what does that tell you? You are no longer a stranger; you are a dear brother in Christ.

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be blessed Robert.

2 Corinthians 12:9 KJV
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

God is always on his throne and his love is with his children.

Mr E

Aug 17, 2022
San Diego
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

What a wonderful hope we have in Christ. May your days be merry and bright, knowing where you are (ultimately) going.

Robert Pate

Aug 6, 2023
Washington
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Be blessed Robert.

2 Corinthians 12:9 KJV
And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

God is always on his throne and his love is with his children.
Paul understood suffering. The Gospel is our spiritual strength when the flesh is dying.