Good bye to everyone

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

WalterandDebbie

Dec 14, 2009
USA
firstthings1sttab.tripod.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Bye to everyone @Heart2Soul @Helen @Mayflower @VictoryinJesus @Waiting on him @April_Rose @justbyfaith @APAK @FluffyYellowDuck @aspen @Hidden In Him @Pearl @101G @CharismaticLady @charity @Truther @Truman Ron @Ziggy @Backlit @Cristo Rei @My Dreams @Holy999 @stredaleve @Nancy @soul man @marks @amigo de christo @BreadOfLife @Angelina @lforrest @Gideons300 @Josho @rockytopva @Billy Evmur @TLHKAJ @Barbara @WaterSong @BarnyFife @Pearl @BARNEY BRIGHT @Philip James @Marymog @quietthinker @Triumph1300 @Jay Ross @jaybird @Jane_Doe22 @farouk @Grailhunter @Grams @stunnedbygrace @Episkopos @faithfulness @FHII @teamventure and @all of the others with whom I may not have had conversations or have otherwise forgotten here. May God bless you all as you seek Him first in everything!

This will be my final public post on this forum as God leads me in another direction.

As I say good bye please remember me kindly and keep me and mine in your prayers as my family is going through a severe trial now. I will certainly continue to pray for this forum and all the people who continue to be part of it.

I’ve been a member here since January of 2008 with over 14,000 messages posted. A lot of people have come and gone since then... many of them sincere people who were interested in learning about God or discussing the scriptures. Many of them gone now for various reasons, good and bad, I suppose. There was more I had thought to say no other words coming to me at the moment.

For anyone interested in further conversation with me please send me a PM. I do not plan to terminate my account here and will respond to PMs when I do occasionally check in here.

Give God the glory!
Yeah! my friend Give God the glory, a time for everything, we will be missing you, I will try to keep in touch.

Love always, Walter and Debbie

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
:)

Passing of the old guard. Not as if I didn't see this day coming, but yeah, the goodbyes are a bit hard to go through.

As I was telling John in private, I think a new day is dawning for the forum, and in some ways it could be very good. But hopefully the supervision here follows in the same vain as when you and I joined. Helen and Amadeus have (in my eyes) served as the matriarch and patriarch of this site for several years now, so here's hoping that it has good leadership, both formal and informal, going forward.

And I hope you stick around. I'd like to see at least a few familiar faces still around. :)

Yes Hidden, you are of course, correct. They have been the Patriarch and Matriarch on these forums for decades. Thank God for them. And yes, I too am hoping there will be good things to follow. Just pop your heads in now and again my friends! I'm being a bit selfish here, lol.
I just saw that you and I joined around the same time :) So, you have known the ones who have come and gone too. The board just seems to ebb and flow anymore.

"And I hope you stick around. I'd like to see at least a few familiar faces still around. :)"

Thanks! :) Same back to you HIH. You treat everyone the same, if they agree with you or not and, that is one of the things I like about you :)

VictoryinJesus

Jan 26, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good Bye to everyone @Heart2Soul @Helen @Mayflower @VictoryinJesus @Waiting on him @April_Rose @justbyfaith @APAK @FluffyYellowDuck @aspen @Hidden In Him @Pearl @101G @CharismaticLady @charity @Truther @Truman Ron @Ziggy @Backlit @Cristo Rei @My Dreams @Holy999 @stredaleve @Nancy @soul man @marks @amigo de christo @BreadOfLife @Angelina @lforrest @Gideons300 @Josho @rockytopva @Billy Evmur @TLHKAJ @Barbara @WaterSong @BarnyFife @Pearl @BARNEY BRIGHT @Philip James @Marymog @quietthinker @Triumph1300 @Jay Ross @jaybird @Jane_Doe22 @farouk @Grailhunter @Grams @stunnedbygrace @Episkopos @faithfulness @FHII @teamventure and @all of the others with whom I may not have had conversations or have otherwise forgotten here. May God bless you all as you seek Him first in everything!

This will be my final public post on this forum as God leads me in another direction.

As I say good bye please remember me kindly and keep me and mine in your prayers as my family is going through a severe trial now. I will certainly continue to pray for this forum and all the people who continue to be part of it.

I’ve been a member here since January of 2008 with over 14,000 messages posted. A lot of people have come and gone since then... many of them sincere people who were interested in learning about God or discussing the scriptures. Many of them gone now for various reasons, good and bad, I suppose. There was more I had thought to say no other words coming to me at the moment.

For anyone interested in further conversation with me please send me a PM. I do not plan to terminate my account here and will respond to PMs when I do occasionally check in here.

Give God the glory!

you will always remain in my heart John. You are not alone in the trial. My heartbreaks for you and your family even though I have no idea what you are experiencing right now. We have spoken before about my mother. She is in pain and suffering and crying out even this morning telling me she has prayed for God to let her die. She isn’t getting any better but slowly deteriorating right before my eyes. I’ve prayed for mercy and for God to release her from this hell I’m watching her experience. I’ve been reading some of her brothers poems and teachings ...he was a pastor and passed away a long time ago. Right now I feel so connected to him even though I didn’t get to know him very well. Reading about his childhood of hearing God even at five years old when he couldn’t even read to bible yet. Certain he (her brother)yearned for his only sister whom others called his twin to go to God. And here I am a descendent of his yearning for the same thing. It has really caused a question of if God has heard her brother Floyd or her daughter plea. Point is, I will greatly miss your Fatherly care and guidance and comfort and wisdom but will never forget it or you. Many blessings to your family. As much as I feel connected to Floyd while reading his words from long ago ...I feel the same connection to you. You are in my heart and prayers.

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
you will always remain in my heart John. You are not alone in the trial. My heartbreaks for you and your family even though I have no idea what you are experiencing right now. We have spoken before about my mother. She is in pain and suffering and crying out even this morning telling me she has prayed for God to let her die. She isn’t getting any better but slowly deteriorating right before my eyes. I’ve prayed for mercy and for God to release her from this hell I’m watching her experience. I’ve been reading some of her brothers poems and teachings ...he was a pastor and passed away a long time ago. Right now I feel so connected to him even though I didn’t get to know him very well. Reading about his childhood of hearing God even at five years old when he couldn’t even read to bible yet. Certain he (her brother)yearned for his only sister whom others called his twin to go to God. And here I am a descendent of his yearning for the same thing. It has really caused a question of if God has heard her brother Floyd or her daughter plea. Point is, I will greatly miss your Fatherly care and guidance and comfort and wisdom but will never forget it or you. Many blessings to your family. As much as I feel connected to Floyd while reading his words from long ago ...I feel the same connection to you. You are in my heart and prayers.

There are many goodbyes lately Victory. Many of us will miss John dearly and, as far as your mom goes, I will make a point to pray specifically for her and for you, that you have strength and somehow find some joy along the way sister. Do you ever wonder if God just might be silently dealing with those who are close to death? After working for decades in a hospital, directly with the patients, it was something I have always wondered. I met many Christians as well as not. The Christians who were close to dying did have that peace of His eventually, and they seemed to die quicker than most. My thoughts always went to "well, maybe this person, who is not saved and seemingly is hanging on in suffering for so long, maybe God is giving yet another chance to repent. Kind of like the thief on the cross deal.
Faith I suppose...the thing we want to give up on after such a long time of praying for God to bring into the Kingdom our loved ones. My mom did not see her children all come to The Lord as she passed young but, her prayers were eventually answered, Amen!
Prayers for your mom, you and all concerned.
His Blessings,
nancy

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Hi @VictoryinJesus , so sorry to read about what you are facing right now. There is a lady in our care home who relays the same thing to me, and like you I have also prayed for mercy for this lady. Yet days pass by and she is still suffering, still asking. Two weeks ago she caught covid ( we have an outbreak in the care home ) , while others succumbed, she survived. It raises so many questions, however the one thing it makes me aware of is the reality that we see that persons life, and their passing from limited prospectives. Even though we cannot understand the timing, I believe that God does. For reasons beyond us, both the people we see and care about have a purpose that only God understands xx
Sending you a cyber ( hug ) xxxx
Rita

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Breaking my own self-imposed rule to respond to you here as I am unable to access you via PM. Thank you for your kind words. I have the difficulties with your mother in my prayers. Stay close to God.

Last edited:

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

Aww,.. I'm so sorry and I can't emphasis that enough. Sending my prayers and condolences your way along with virtual *HUGS*

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what to say, John. Of course, we are in contact privately, but it won't be the same here without you. It will probably cause me to participate less. As far as board activity goes, it seems like I was just getting to know you. And now you're leaving. :( I'm glad we made a personal connection. You know how highly I regard you. It felt like a badge of honor when you -liked- my posts. :) Strange, it almost seems like the loss of my mother-in-law from COVID last night weakened me for this blow. Another page turns... Keep in touch, My Dear Friend.

S.M. Lockridge - "That's My King!"

Reactions: amadeus and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I don't know what to say, John. Of course, we are in contact privately, but it won't be the same here without you. It will probably cause me to participate less. As far as board activity goes, it seems like I was just getting to know you. And now you're leaving. :( I'm glad we made a personal connection. You know how highly I regard you. It felt like a badge of honor when you -liked- my posts. :) Strange, it almost seems like the loss of my mother-in-law from COVID last night weakened me for this blow. Another page turns... Keep in touch, My Dear Friend.

S.M. Lockridge - "That's My King!"

So sorry about your MIL Barney. And I am with you, all of those I looked up to, loved very much and learned tons from have left here one by one.
As our Helen said, "nothing lasts forever". Seems every where one turns anymore is just more sadness, loss and despair. I don't at all want them to feel bad about leaving, and it's understood...they have held the reins for quite some time here. They were always visible, always there to help the newbies get up and wipe off and continue on. Yes, even though we may have other ways of connection, there will be yet another big loss to the site. At least John is not having his profile removed :)

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I might need to tweak my pm rule with the older men on here at least, if friends are moving... XD
Ah, I broke that one with Rollo! He made me laugh every day, and it STILL stings he is not here. Have not seen "Truth" in quite awhile. He lost his wife about 2 years ago, or was it 3? We are all one in Him, yes sister? Although, I do understand your concern about this.
xo

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Ah, I broke that one with Rollo! He made me laugh every day, and it STILL stings he is not here. Have not seen "Truth" in quite awhile. He lost his wife about 2 years ago, or was it 3? We are all one in Him, yes sister? Although, I do understand your concern about this.
xo

I broke it with HiddeninHim a long time ago, because we talk about dreams and things and I rarely share them with anyone else. He is an awesome friend!!! So it isnt not having male friends. My hubby really doesnt care. It is my own self rule he doesnt mind keeping either. But when I tell him though Im gonna pm a guy, he doesnt care. Lol. He trusts me. And like Gideon and Amadeus, they are as old as my dad/older then that, anyway

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I broke it with HiddeninHim a long time ago, because we talk about dreams and things and I rarely share them with anyone else. He is an awesome friend!!! So it isnt not having male friends. My hubby really doesnt care. It is my own self rule he doesnt mind keeping either. But when I tell him though Im gonna pm a guy, he doesnt care. Lol. He trusts me. And like Gideon and Amadeus, they are as old as my dad/older then that, anyway

Why should he care? It's no different than being in the real world and talking to the opposite sex. It's not like you're asking them to cyber or anything lol especially if they're older men. XD

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Why should he care? It's no different than being in the real world and talking to the opposite sex. It's not like you're asking them to cyber or anything lol especially if they're older men. XD

LOL. Well I had some personal issues in the past. Not with men, but struggles stemming from abuse. I don't hang out with men outside a group either in real life. Internet is a little different when you can go back and read conversations and stuff. Accountability is important I think in marriage along with trust. And my hubby trusts me. I do trust him too.

Annnnnyway. This is amadeus' thread. :D

April_Rose

Sep 15, 2020
Ohio
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
LOL. Well I had some personal issues in the past. Not with men, but struggles stemming from abuse. I don't hang out with men outside a group either in real life. Internet is a little different when you can go back and read conversations and stuff. Accountability is important I think in marriage along with trust. And my hubby trusts me. I do trust him too.

Annnnnyway. This is amadeus' thread. :D

Aww,.. I'm sorry to hear that dear sister. I just never got what was up with some people in relationships that are like if the person of the opposite sex messages them just to say hi then they're like,... So,... You have chosen death. *Cracks knuckles.*

Reactions: Mayflower

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aww,.. I'm sorry to hear that dear sister. I just never got what was up with some people in relationships that are like if the person of the opposite sex messages them just to say hi then they're like,... So,... You have chosen death. *Cracks knuckles.*

downloadfile-14.jpg

Reactions: April_Rose

charity

Nov 26, 2017
UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom

Give God the glory!
Hello there, Amadeus,

Our times are in His Hands. May His perfect will be done both in and through you, for His Name and glory's sake.

Thank you
In Christ Jesus
Chris