Good Global Warming Site

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

HammerStone

Staff member
Feb 12, 2006
South Carolina
prayerforums.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Global Warming is something that makes for an interesting topic. There is no doubt that as humans we are affecting the environment in a negative manner. I just think we have to be too careful on making too many assumptions because I think this is quickly becoming a way to cover up when God's trying to tell us something.The data we have only extends back roughly 125 years or so at best. We know, for example, that there was a mini ice age in the late 18th century. So the question is, are we experiencing a trend or is something really going on? Obviously science will never truly address this, but is it all caused by us or by something much more powerful?

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
I agree Swampfox I think there are long term heating and cooling cycles and we are in a warming cycle and humans have made this worse but are not the cause. Mother Nature is Gods weapon of choice he can use it to chastise us as in Sodom and Gomorrah or he can use it to save us as in the parting of the Red Sea,To take God out of the equation when talking about Mom nature is a big mistake. For further proof of how God uses weather read of the famines in the bible that God used to accomplish his goals.Not to mention Noah's flood.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(kriss;6865)
I agree Swampfox I think there are long term heating and cooling cycles and we are in a warming cycle and humans have made this worse but are not the cause. Mother Nature is Gods weapon of choice he can use it to chastise us as in Sodom and Gomorrah or he can use it to save us as in the parting of the Red Sea,To take God out of the equation when talking about Mom nature is a big mistake. For further proof of how God uses weather read of the famines in the bible that God used to accomplish his goals.Not to mention Noah's flood.
I do not believe humans have caused one bit of the "Global Warming," most of the science used to prove it is junk science. As many scientist say it is just the opposite. Their are heating and cooling cycles, there have been throughout the history of the earth. Man hasn't caused it before and we aren't causing it now.It's 10 below here in Minnesota right now, the coldest its been for a long time. I wish global warming would get here.

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(tomwebster;6871)
My car will not start.
Its to cold to go anywhere anyway, you might get frost bite Here in Calif winter ended in Dec.as far as snow and rain driest Jan ever had one cold week enough to destroy the citrus crop down south other than that no winter 68 degrees today and sunshine. And I live in the mountains in snow country

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
Interesting little tid bit I ran across.................................................Although the Washington Post headlines that "Humans Faulted for Global Warming" we have to note with climate change being noticed on other planets, there's probably also something else going on that MSS (mainstream science) hasn't fully explained to our satisfaction.---

Broken Crusader

Oct 14, 2006
You know, humananity's effect and cow's flatulence notwithstanding, I'm not so convinced that global warming is the problem "They" say it is.I'm no scientist, but didn't an entire ice age melt away before the Ford Excursion was even a twinkle in Saudi Arabia's eye?It's kind of like the inverse of the tree falling question, we're here so of course we think it's us, but maybe if we weren't or if McDonald's revolutionized the way India looks at meat, perhaps the earth would be warming up anyway. I kind of think it's a bit smug of us to think that WE, are having such a direct effect on the planet. I heard once about 10 years ago that some species of tree emit tonnes of greenhouse gas forming oxygen or something like that(again not a scientist).Al Gore's New Revised Global Translation of the Bible:Genesis 1:1: In the begining, God created the earth, put humans on it and they really messed it up from there......If humans weren't here, we'd still have polar ice caps. The End.

tomwebster

Dec 11, 2006
(tomwebster;6871)
My car will not start.
sad.gif

Had a heat wave today, up to +4, I guess there is global warming:eek: And I got my car started today, finally
smile.gif

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
‘Blame cosmic rays not CO2 for warming up the planet’Lewis Smith, Environment Reporter The impact of cosmic rays on the climate could be greater than scientists suspect after experiments showed they may have a pivotal role in cloud formation. Researchers have managed to replicate the effect of cosmic rays on the aerosols in the atmosphere that help to create clouds. Henrik Svensmark, a weather scientist in Denmark, said the experiments suggested that man’s influence on global warming might be rather less than was supposed by the bulk of scientific opinion. Cosmic rays — radiation, or particles of energy, from stars, which bombard the Earth — can create electrically charged ions in the atmosphere that act as a magnet for water vapour, causing clouds to form. Dr Svensmark suggests that the Sun, at a historically high level of activity, is deflecting many of the cosmic rays away from Earth and thus reducing the cloud cover. Clouds reflect the Sun’s rays back into space and are considered to have an important cooling effect. However, if during periods of high activity the Sun’s magnetic field pushes a greater proportion of cosmic rays away from the Earth, fewer clouds will form. The research, published in the journal Proceedings of the Royal Society, concentrates on how ions are created and behave in the atmosphere when cosmic rays from stars hit it. Cosmic rays were replicated by the use of ultraviolet light that were turned on and off in both short bursts and long exposures to create ions. The researchers found that the presence of ions encouraged the formation of clusters of molecules. In the atmosphere these clusters of ozone, sulphur dioxide and water are understood to act as aerosols in attracting water vapour, culminating in the formation of clouds. The number of clusters, according to the report, is proportionate to the number of ions present, which in turn depends on the frequency of cosmic rays reaching the Earth. “The experiment indicates that ions play a role in nucleating new particles in the atmosphere and that the rate of production is sensitive to the rate of ion density,” the report concluded. “One might expect to find a relationship between ioni-sation and cloud properties. This feature seems to be consistent with the present work.” The report added that the ions were likely to generate a reservoir of clusters of aerosol molecules in the atmosphere that “are important for nuclea-tion processes in the atmosphere and ultimately cloud formation”. The findings are unlikely to change radically the views of mainstream climatologists. Nevertheless, a team of scientists will shortly begin a larger experiment at a particle accelerator in Europe in the hope of learning more about the effects of cosmic rays on cloud cover. According to the Intergovern-mental Panel for Climate Change, by far the biggest influence on climate change is the level of greenhouse gases released by mankind, largely through the use of fossil fuels. Peter Stott, of the Met Office’s Hadley Centre and one of Britain’s leading climate scientists, said that Dr Svensmark’s theory should be taken “with a cellar of salt”. Small, localised effects on cloud formation might be possible but he dismissed the suggestion of cosmic rays being responsible for global warming.

Eric E Stahl

May 28, 2013
Pa. USA
[SIZE=14pt]Isaiah 30:25-26[/SIZE]
25 And there shall be upon every high mountain, and upon every high hill, rivers and streams of waters in the day of the great slaughter, when the towers fall.
26 Moreover the light of the moon shall be as the light of the sun, and the light of the sun shall be sevenfold, as the light of seven days, in the day that the LORD bindeth up the breach of his people, and healeth the stroke of their wound.

[SIZE=16pt](((SO)))[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Malachi 4:1-3[/SIZE]
1 For, behold, the day cometh, that shall burn as an oven; and all the proud, yea, and all that do wickedly, shall be stubble: and the day that cometh shall burn them up, saith the LORD of hosts, that it shall leave them neither root nor branch.
2 But unto you that fear my name shall the Sun of righteousness arise with healing in his wings; and ye shall go forth, and grow up as calves of the stall.
3 And ye shall tread down the wicked; for they shall be ashes under the soles of your feet in the day that I shall do this, saith the LORD of hosts.