Good ol' Southern Gospel [+Bluegrass, Country Gospel]

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@TLHKAJ FYI..............Another version of Beulah Land......

Yes, I actually only heard about Ben Marshall & Friends until today. I first heard it many years ago sung by Squire Parsons. And since then, many many have sung it. :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Had fun listening to and watching this one today. :)

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"I've Just Started Living" by Danny Funderburke and the Cathedrals

Reactions: Pathfinder7

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"When It's My Time" by the Perkins Family

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Safe Thus Far" by the Hoskins Family

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Still Standing After The Storm" by the Paynes

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"Through the Fire"
the Crabb Family

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"In My Robe of White"
by Brian Free & Assurance
(Originally sung by Gold City)

@L.A.M.B.

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I actually had a dream about 2 or 3 years ago in which this song was like a theme song.

"Climbing Up the Mountain"
by the Bishops

Note: I don't know about that 4th verse in the song. It doesn't sound Biblically accurate. But overall, I like the message of the song. I think that is why it was in my dream. This life isn't our final destination. We have an eternity with Christ to look forward to.

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Went to a place called the New Hope Church of God (one of those wild fire Cleveland Tennessee Pentecostal churches) where they were what seemed like an hour playing this song with much activity around the altar...

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Went to a place called the New Hope Church of God (one of those wild fire Cleveland Tennessee Pentecostal churches) where they were what seemed like an hour playing this song with much activity around the altar...

I have always loved this song. I came to Christ on January 12, 1986 at age 13. This was one of the songs I used to listen to over and over.

The Rex Nelon singers (later called the Nelons) originally sang it. It was written by Rex Nelon in 1980.

These are the versions I remember.

Notice, Karen Peck sang with the Nelons for many years before forming a new southern gospel group called Karen Peck and New River.

Janet Paschal sang with the Rex Nelon Singers before Karen came in. I've always loved her singing as well.

Rex Nelon sang with the Lefevres for some time, and when that group retired in 1970, he formed the Rex Nelon Singers.

Reactions: rockytopva

rockytopva

Staff member
Dec 31, 2010
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always loved this song. I came to Christ on January 12, 1986 at age 13. This was one of the songs I used to listen to over and over.

The Rex Nelon singers (later called the Nelons) originally sang it. It was written by Rex Nelon in 1980.

These are the versions I remember.

Notice, Karen Peck sang with the Nelons for many years before forming a new southern gospel group called Karen Peck and New River.

Janet Paschal sang with the Rex Nelon Singers before Karen came in. I've always loved her singing as well.

Rex Nelon sang with the Lefevres for some time, and when that group retired in 1970, he formed the Rex Nelon Singers.

Wow! And with a heart tender to the touching of the Holy Spirit.... Look out!

• Love
Reactions: amadeus and TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wow! And with a heart tender to the touching of the Holy Spirit.... Look out!
Have you heard this one? I'm sure I posted it already, but I'll share it again. It's message is beautiful, and beautifully sung ...another of my very favorites.

"Hear the Voice of My Beloved"
by Cynthia Clawson