Good ol' Southern Gospel [+Bluegrass, Country Gospel]

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@lilygrace @Nancy @April_Rose @Heart2Soul
This is a song I used to listen to a lot as a baby Christian. (I came to Christ at age 13.) A dear friend share with me a vision of a floodgate bursting and just standing there as the waters rushed toward her (symbolizing the Living Water, Holy Spirit).

Reactions: Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@lilygrace @Nancy @April_Rose @Heart2Soul
This is a song I used to listen to a lot as a baby Christian. (I came to Christ at age 13.) A dear friend share with me a vision of a floodgate bursting and just standing there as the waters rushed toward her (symbolizing the Living Water, Holy Spirit).
Ah yeah...now, this will get you clapping!

Reactions: TLHKAJ

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gonna tag my friends @lilygrace and @Nancy here... and @Jostler :)
On another thread, our sister @lilygrace made a beautiful post...

i didnt know God had a tough job.
Jeremiah 32:27 Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

...and it was a wonderful reminder for me...

Oh my goodness, sis! I have chills ... good ones! This is one of my favorite verses and you've brought it back to my remembrance, praise God!!
The very first time I read this verse, I was a baby Christian...about 13 or maybe turned 14. I was experiencing some intense spiritual warfare and I lived in a home, where I was the only one serving God. One day, I fell across my bed weeping, no words ... felt compelled to open my Bible and when I did, the first verses I laid my eyes on were ...

Jeremiah 32:26-27 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ²⁶ Then came the word of the LORD unto Jeremiah, saying, ²⁷ Behold, I am the LORD, the God of all flesh: is there any thing too hard for me?

I highlighted them in my Bible and that has been a refuge and a comfort to me so very often throughout my life!

Lord, thank You for this reminder!

Upon posting that reply, I remembered this song....

These verses and this song bring up a lot for me. We can certainly stand and trust in God and His Word. Things aren't always what they seem outwardly and His answers may not always be what we thought or hoped. But we can trust His heart and His hand... because His plans for us are for good and not for evil. (Jeremiah 29:11) ....and He will work all things for good because we love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:28, 31, 35-39 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ²⁸ And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. … ³¹ What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? … ³⁵ Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? ³⁶ As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. ³⁷ Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. ³⁸ For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, ³⁹ Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I asked my daughter's permission to share this text she sent me on February 9, 2021.

I love you mom ❤️ You're a good mom. You put him first, and sacrificed yourself to serve Matthew all those years and I'm sure he knew he was loved by you. And You know... we may still be grieving for him, because we have lost something from this world, and we are still left in this world with all of its brokeness and mysteries we do not understand.. We remember the last of his life and how bad it looked, and we only remember and see that. But we as believers in Christ, have hope found in the faith of God's Word that says do not look on the things that are seen but on the things that are unseen.. this is just a light and momentary suffering compared to where Matthew is now.. lean not on your own understandings, but on every word of God. Hold on to his Word, for they are your life, and are medicine to your whole body. Do not forget the Lord your God, who has brought you through so many things, be careful and do not lose heart, do not forget all the good that God has done and continues to do for you. Focus on His goodness and love and rest there.

2 Corinthians 4:17
"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory."

Reactions: Taken and Nancy

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Gonna tag my friends @lilygrace and @Nancy here... and @Jostler :)
On another thread, our sister @lilygrace made a beautiful post...

...and it was a wonderful reminder for me...

Upon posting that reply, I remembered this song....

These verses and this song bring up a lot for me. We can certainly stand and trust in God and His Word. Things aren't always what they seem outwardly and His answers may not always be what we thought or hoped. But we can trust His heart and His hand... because His plans for us are for good and not for evil. (Jeremiah 29:11) ....and He will work all things for good because we love Him and are called according to His purpose.

Romans 8:28, 31, 35-39 (KJV) ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯ ²⁸ And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. … ³¹ What shall we then say to these things? If God be for us, who can be against us? … ³⁵ Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword? ³⁶ As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter. ³⁷ Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us. ³⁸ For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come, ³⁹ Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

I asked my daughter's permission to share this text she sent me on February 9, 2021.

I love you mom ❤️ You're a good mom. You put him first, and sacrificed yourself to serve Matthew all those years and I'm sure he knew he was loved by you. And You know... we may still be grieving for him, because we have lost something from this world, and we are still left in this world with all of its brokeness and mysteries we do not understand.. We remember the last of his life and how bad it looked, and we only remember and see that. But we as believers in Christ, have hope found in the faith of God's Word that says do not look on the things that are seen but on the things that are unseen.. this is just a light and momentary suffering compared to where Matthew is now.. lean not on your own understandings, but on every word of God. Hold on to his Word, for they are your life, and are medicine to your whole body. Do not forget the Lord your God, who has brought you through so many things, be careful and do not lose heart, do not forget all the good that God has done and continues to do for you. Focus on His goodness and love and rest there.

2 Corinthians 4:17
"For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory."

Beautiful! BTW-how did I not know that your daughter was saved?? :eek:

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Beautiful! BTW-how did I not know that your daughter was saved?? :eek:
I have 3 daughters and a son still living, all at various stages in their walks. Of course, we know Matt was/is a strong believer.
My oldest daughter and oldest son are struggling due to so much they have suffered (as all my children have). But I know God has His hand on them.
The daughter who sent me that text is my youngest. She is 20 yrs old.❤ :)

Taken

Staff member
Encounter Team
Feb 6, 2018
United States
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
TLHKAJ ~ great posts!

Do also like the Isaacs song... WALK ON

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
@Jostler This song came to mind awhile ago while we were talking.... hadn't heard it in a good while. I figured I'd share it here. :)

Reactions: Jostler

TLHKAJ

Sep 12, 2020
US
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
An older recording of it.... great old song I remember from my early days with God.