Got modded on Christianforums for...

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
It sounds like the world.

I’m not disagreeing with your conclusion, nor with your decision, but the thought occurs to me that the light needs to shine in the world / that place / CF. It shouldn’t be surprising that the world / that place / CF doesn’t welcome it, but doesn’t it need it?

Internet discussion forum “martyrdom” is an extremely light burden to bear; barely worthy of the martyrdom label.
I understand what you are saying but I can’t handle the hatred there. It was affecting me in a bad way.

Last edited:

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I suppose whoever pays the bills to host a forum has got every right to run the show his way.
That's why I think the best forums are the ones that rely on members donations to pay the bill because if the boss doesn't maintain a well-balanced forum people are going to start leaving and keeping their donation cash in their own pockets.
Forum bosses should remember that without members they wouldn't HAVE a forum..:)

Reactions: shortangel

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
To be honest I would love not to have any political threads on this site. They cause too much strife and division.
We need to keep in mind that the political arena is now a part of spiritual warfare. It impacts Christians daily.

Perhaps it has always been that way, but the war has intensified greatly over the last decade. Therefore Christians need to be fully aware how Satan is using politicians to undermine everything that is righteous, and also attack Christians through governments. We saw that through the COVID Scamdemic, when pastors were jailed for doing the right thing. And millions have died or been maimed needlessly.

As to strife and division, Jesus Himself said that He had come to bring a "sword" which would divide believers from unbelievers, even within the same household (Mt 10:34-36). Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword. For I am come to set a man at variance against his father, and the daughter against her mother, and the daughter in law against her mother in law. And a man's foes shall be they of his own household.

Enoch111

May 27, 2018
Alberta
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I suppose whoever pays the bills to host a forum has got every right to run the show his way.
The whole idea of a public forum is to allow the public to speak freely (without profanity or blasphemy). In theory ALL social media should have been forums of free speech. Instead the Leftists and Communists hijacked them all so that only lies and Leftist ideology is allowed freely. All truth is suppressed, and all Christian and conservative ideas likewise.

So when some Christian forums decide to become anti-free-speech, they destroyed their reason for existence. Christian forums are also battlegrounds between Lies and Truth, Light and Darkness. But the battles must not be restricted or suppressed (apart from personal attacks).

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Keeping on the right side of moderators is very difficult on any site. Primarily due to the fact that what they demand is open to interpretation. I am Australian and Autistic so those two together mean that what they demand does not necessarily have the same meaning as what I understand. Australians use language which is used every day and no one gets offended by it. That is just how we express ourselves. An autistic person will speak the truth without malice but some moderators take offense when none was intended.

On one site I said something and the next minute I got a message I was banned with no warning. This site kept rabbiting on about how much they follow the scriptures so I replied that scripture does not allow them to do that because we are told to forgive 490 times. They tried to convince me that does not apply to moderators. In other words, do as you are told or else.

Dropship

Jun 2, 2022
Plymouth UK
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Bossy mods should heed this advice in the good book..:)-
"Be shepherds of God’s flock that is under your care, watching over them, not because you must, but because you are willing, as God wants you to be; not pursuing dishonest gain, but eager to serve; not lording it over those entrusted to you, but being examples to the flock" (1 Peter 5:2-3)

Renniks

Feb 3, 2020
Pennsylvania
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So I got banned from religious forums again. I usually last a couple months there at best.
If you have a very unpopular opinion about anything, it will fall under subverting the forum goals. It's the catch all for opinions they don't like.

marksman

My eldest granddaughter showing the result of her
Feb 27, 2008
Melbourne Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
That was not a very pleasant experience. But many of us have had such irrational experiences and abandoned the forums which try to control free speech.
Yes that is very sad as moderators seem to think that we are all sensative little angels that have got to be protected from being hurt. When you have been a student at the most left wing university in Australia, there is nothing that anyone can say that would offend me.

One is tempted to say Man Up and get a life.