grateful

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Status
Not open for further replies.

elmo

Sep 19, 2007
cops do their job and put their lives on the line all the time even though they alot may not believe in God...and moreover Jesus preached that even evil people love those who love them...yet we must not just love those that love us but also to love our enemies and do good to those which hate you and one last verse:"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you"meaning treat others as you would like to be treated and no less.

faith

Jun 1, 2007
(elmo;18454)
some how my last post got deleted. I really, truly believe that the verse: 1 John 4:7-8says basically everything about the subject and I will explain. God is love and we must aspire to be like him (although we are not perfect) and when it comes to defending ourselves and those we love we should plead or even beg for life and if that doesn't work run or hide and if there are no options left, then rely on Holy Spirit would be the best way to solve this issue. And one more argumentThe bible touches this subject when Jesus said that if you go to the alter and there have a quarel with your brother...go to resolve the matter then come back and give to god.God doesn't want fighting he wants peace.Blessed are the peacemakers for they shall inherit the earth.
it's good to see yet another that has ears to hear amongst many that choose not to, for their pride, for their allegiance to the iron that will be shattered to pieces at the last day.. elmo, never lose sight of what you have, for i tell you the truth ~ good things shall come to those that value love above all.. love is pure, love is true, love is kind & clear, knows no evil, knows no falsehood ~ love is all, love is the essence of our Father & time & time again throughout all the scriptures is this mentioned, for those that love are truly blessed & those who do not love stand against God & know not our Father.. love is our golden crown & we - as disciples of Jesus Christ - are charged in keeping his light burning brightly within us for everyone we encounter.. love, forgiveness, mercy ~ these are the qualities of heaven & everlasting life & may our Lord bless those who discover this truth..i have one thing to say, & that is to kriss ~ hey, beware of presumption...accusations of others "opinions" & claiming their blindness without knowing them are judgements in which our Lord has thoroughly commanded us not to do.. do not judge & ye shall not be judged, for the judgement that you do shall be made unto you.. here's something to consider for everyone to hearken & ponder...i tell you the truth, i have no enmity against anyone joining the military as prescribed by our Lord ~ it is the path you choose, so be it...however, the souls that join are not the issue, rather - it is the beast that the military body has turned into that i stand against, for it is no longer a defensive military.. what was once the United States of America has become the United Empire of the Little Horn & the military once known to preserve peace now serves as a global police, to invade for their leaders' lusts for political power & financial gain at the expense of murdered innocents, & there are other reasons but i'll not bring it up here..are your hearts so hardened that you do not see this? or perhaps you're aware of this yet choose not to address it for fear of being persecuted as unpatriotic? of a truth, i love my country & support its soldiers, but i don't support the beast the military body has become, for it transgresses the commandments of Jesus Christ.. do you think i'm wrong, do you think i'm evil for saying what's clearly happening around us? even your own soldiers have testified to the fact throughout this ordeal that something is very wrong, amongst your own ranks...have you never took a moment to investigate why they would say such things?

elmo

Sep 19, 2007
I don't know how to word this but Im going to try my best. one of sad truths of societry today is the power of influence.if you are on a jury with 11 people saying a man is guilty and you are the only one who thinks he is innocent...it is hard to stand your ground aloneanother example is "peer pressure." when you're in school and all your friends say "drink" with us (because you chose to have non-christian friends for example) and even though you know drinking is bad...it also comes to your mind that if you don't drink with them that they might be dissappointed in you for not sharing their (evil) pleasure.(which is why they shouldn't be our friends but that's not my point)My point is in order to fight the good fight we stand up to the devil and his advocates not with our own words but the "sword" he gave us and the holy spirit within us and not back down until the moment God says to back down, because it's one thing to argue but we also must know that God gives us a choice to follow him or not. so forcing your oppinion on the person on the person who is trying to be agressive physically or verbally (in the world's sense: separate for christian beliefs) - is totally out of the question

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
(elmo)
My point is in order to fight the good fight we stand up to the devil and his advocates not with our own words but the "sword" he gave us and the holy spirit within us and not back down until the moment God says to back down, because it's one thing to argue but we also must know that God gives us a choice to follow him or not. so forcing your oppinion on the person on the person who is trying to be agressive physically or verbally (in the world's sense: separate for christian beliefs) - is totally out of the question
That's the whole point, YHWH and Yahshua expect us to use common sense. God never said "Stand there and do nothing" God never instructed us to be second class citizens. That's what Lucy wants us to do. Everybody on this planet is responsible for their own fate. Yahshua in Matthew 5 said he never changed it...so the OT is so still valid.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

butxifxnot

Sep 22, 2007
(I'm sorry if I am repeating myself needlessly, but are you actually reading this thread, jag?)(thesuperjag;18480)
That's the whole point, YHWH and Yahshua expect us to use common sense.
They expect us to obey Him first. Saul used his "common sense" before God's command, and God took the kingdom of Israel away from him and his family line. It's "common sense" to allow a conquered king to live when the battle is won: it's common sense to do something when morale is low: it's common sense to take cattle for booty and use it to feed your army. But all of these were the reason Samuel pronounced Ichabod upon King Saul."Use your common sense" isn't in the Bible. The Bible should be our common sense. That which is NOT addressed in the Bible, we then use our common sense, derived from what God HAS addressed.
God never said "Stand there and do nothing"
Jesus said "If a man strikes you on the one cheek, turn to him the other also."
God never instructed us to be second class citizens.
Read Foxe's Book of Martyrs. No one in their right mind (except those who wanted the martyrs dead) thinks that those followers of Christ were second class citizens for choosing to die for their faith rather than violently resist.
That's what Lucy wants us to do. Everybody on this planet is responsible for their own fate. Yahshua in Matthew 5 said he never changed it...so the OT is so still valid.
The OT doesn't allow us to join with Baal worshippers in killing their enemies in the name of what they decide is good. Your reasoning is skewed all by itself, even without the stark disagreements you have with Christ in your conclusions.

Jordan

Apr 6, 2007
I need not to discuss anything more any longer with you...But I will say this though. God's laws and His Words are nothing but common sense.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.

butxifxnot

Sep 22, 2007
(thesuperjag;18490)
I need not to discuss anything more any longer with you...But I will say this though. God's laws and His Words are nothing but common sense.Lovest ye in Christ Yahshua our Lord and Saviour.
You, sir, are not a proper discusser, nor a proper listener.http://www.christianityboard.com/discussion-t3871.htmlYou haven't discussed anything: only preached at me and ignored ALL of my responses to you.Have a nice day.
smile.gif

Joyful

Jan 7, 2007
(thesuperjag;18490)
It is so frustrating to talk to someone who is not listening and repeats the same comments and questions without addressing what is said in response. But BIN did a super good job responding to your repetitions.love, hitomi

Christina

Apr 10, 2006
(faith;18473)
it's good to see yet another that has ears to hear amongst many that choose not to, for their pride, for their allegiance to the iron that will be shattered to pieces at the last day.. elmo, never lose sight of what you have, for i tell you the truth ~ good things shall come to those that value love above all.. love is pure, love is true, love is kind & clear, knows no evil, knows no falsehood ~ love is all, love is the essence of our Father & time & time again throughout all the scriptures is this mentioned, for those that love are truly blessed & those who do not love stand against God & know not our Father.. love is our golden crown & we - as disciples of Jesus Christ - are charged in keeping his light burning brightly within us for everyone we encounter.. love, forgiveness, mercy ~ these are the qualities of heaven & everlasting life & may our Lord bless those who discover this truth..i have one thing to say, & that is to kriss ~ hey, beware of presumption...accusations of others "opinions" & claiming their blindness without knowing them are judgements in which our Lord has thoroughly commanded us not to do.. do not judge & ye shall not be judged, for the judgement that you do shall be made unto you.. here's something to consider for everyone to hearken & ponder...i tell you the truth, i have no enmity against anyone joining the military as prescribed by our Lord ~ it is the path you choose, so be it...however, the souls that join are not the issue, rather - it is the beast that the military body has turned into that i stand against, for it is no longer a defensive military.. what was once the United States of America has become the United Empire of the Little Horn & the military once known to preserve peace now serves as a global police, to invade for their leaders' lusts for political power & financial gain at the expense of murdered innocents, & there are other reasons but i'll not bring it up here..are your hearts so hardened that you do not see this? or perhaps you're aware of this yet choose not to address it for fear of being persecuted as unpatriotic? of a truth, i love my country & support its soldiers, but i don't support the beast the military body has become, for it transgresses the commandments of Jesus Christ.. do you think i'm wrong, do you think i'm evil for saying what's clearly happening around us? even your own soldiers have testified to the fact throughout this ordeal that something is very wrong, amongst your own ranks...have you never took a moment to investigate why they would say such things?
THIS IS OPINIONS NOT BIBLE STUDY YOUR OPINIONS ARE NOT WHAT TAKES PRIORITY HERE. THE BIBLE SAYS GOD CONTROLS THE NATIONS, GOVERNMENTS, USING JESUS TO DENY THE FATHERS WORD IS BLASPPHEMY AND WILL NOT BE TOLERATED ON THIS BIBLE STUDY SIGHT YOU CAN HAVE A PERSONAL OIPNION BUT PREACHING THIS AS THE WORD OF GOD IS BLASPHMOUS AND THE STATING IT IS GODS WORD IS DONE. ]IT IS PLAYING INTO SATANS PLAN OF ALL PEACE AND SAFETY EVERYBODY JUST LOVE EACH OTHER AND WORSHIP HOW AND WHOM YOU LIKE.YOUR ONE WORLDISM ONE RELIGION JUST LOVE THEM ALL IS SATAN DOCTRINE NOT GODS ]AND IF YOU DONT GET THAT YOUR IN DEEP TROUBLE.THIS IS ADDRESSED TO ALL PREACHING THIS BLASPHEME

Status
Not open for further replies.