Greatest Idol of Today

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

DoveSpirit05

Jul 19, 2019
London
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
The body and the blood of Christ is the new covenant. Even in book of john the disciples left him coz he said drink my blood and eat my body 2 enter into life, so why is the CC taking it literaly, by dem continualy offering up the body (wafer) which is even just ment 2 be offered 2 God as a sweet savour dats why it disovles quickly, and calling it the body of Christ which is wat they do I used 2 be cath.. their performing human sacrifice in a (Moral) sense, dats how God see's it which is an abomination like in a lot of old.T 1Kings 11:5-7. its idol worship.

And the transubstantiation, saying dat a piece of wafer has an essence, dat itself is animism, divination and witchcraft. (for dis cause many are sick and sleep long) their fruit is rotten, a lot of people I see in their churches speshly the elderly are sick and have problems with their legs and their backs, not all but a lot of dem. And their disposission, their countenance is not right!! after close incounters with dem they become
volatile and are even demonic too, again not all but a lot of dem, I've seen them even morph infront of me and manifest.

Their religion carries and harbours a lot of familiar spirits and curses from all the bad things they've done in the past hence the fruit of it 2day! its a cult.

Reactions: bbyrd009

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
Been easy in Colorado to do this with the reception. I have to sit at the kitchen table in the only corner that works. :D but it has been nice.
So you're from a mountain state originally; accustomed to great scenery... (Some of us would find the altitude difficult.)

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
As His coming gets closer, those who are waiting for Him will find the separation from the world growing and growing and so little of it will you find exciting any more, even my dad doesnt know what to do or eat. it just becomes less and less important than Him.
i thank God that you are gone every day mjr health, fallen back into whatever hole you climbed out of. You are obviously committed to Death, More Abundantly, and as completely immersed in teh world as it is possible for one to be. Good riddance imo, and i hope you found somewhere you are able to use your ears. For a change.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Depends which church you attend...
just like everything else.

Jesus said: THIS IS MY BODY.
Jesus said: THIS IS MY BLOOD.

He said to remember this.

Your verses have nothing to do with this concept, IMO.

I'm saying we cannot know something like this FOR SURE.
Even Luther believed in the real presence,,,which is almost the same.

I'm just not willing to debate this...
I don't understand how anyone could be so sure of this...
incl my brother (we're both protestant) with whom I've had many discussions.
He's like you...certain.

Praise the Lord for your brother! Be certain you are not worshipping a physical object.
Peace.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I thought they said it was the Blood and Body of Christ. I've never heard a Catholic or Orthodox person say it is God. What are you talking about?

If it is plain bread and wine, how could partaking of it unworthily possibly lead someone to damnation?

1 Corinthians 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

They don't discern what it is. Many people do not.

(from Catholic.org) "...the Body of Christ in the form of bread is to be adored when it is exposed, as in the Rite of Eucharistic Exposition and Benediction, when it is carried in eucharistic processions, or when it is simply placed in the tabernacle, before which people pray privately. These devotions are based on the fact that Christ himself is present under the appearance of bread."

This is a physical object, worshipped as God (Christ).

Reactions: bbyrd009

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Praise the Lord for your brother! Be certain you are not worshipping a physical object.
Peace.
I hate having words put in my mouth.

When did I say I worship a physical object?

What I said is that JESUS said it is His body and blood...
I said I'M NOT SURE.

And I don't believe we can be.
If theologians are completely split on this...how could we know for sure what is true?

This has nothing to do with salvation and I don't like to debate it.
I've looked at this question from every angle and I don't see how anyone could be
absolutely sure about whether or not communion is symbolic or really the presence of Jesus.

GodsGrace

Aug 29, 2017
Tuscany
Faith
Christian
Country
Italy
Hello tabletalk,

Indeed. And whether it is True or not is independent of my belief, or your unbelief.
Jesus said: 'This is my body' . I believe HIM.

Peace be with you!
The Early Christians did not consider the "wafer" to be only symbolic.
They placed a lot of importance on this wafer.

Here is a comment by Justin Martyr:

Justin Martyr (100-165): Christian philosopher and apologist
First Apology(155 A.D), chapter 66

And this food is called among us the Eucharist of which no one is allowed to partake but the man who believes that the things which we teach are true, and who has been washed with the washing that is for the remission of sins, and unto regeneration, and who is so living as Christ has enjoined. For not as common bread and common drink do we receive these; but in like manner as Jesus Christ our Savior, having been made flesh by the Word of God, had both flesh and blood for our salvation, so likewise have we been taught that the food which is blessed by the prayer of His word, and from which our blood and flesh by transmutation are nourished, is the flesh and blood of that Jesus who was made flesh. For the apostles, in the memoirs composed by them, which are called Gospels, have thus delivered unto us what was enjoined upon them; that Jesus took bread, and when He had given thanks, said, "This do ye in remembrance of Me, this is My body;" and that, after the same manner, having taken the cup and given thanks, He said, "This is My blood;" and gave it to them alone.

source: An Early Christian Eucharist

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
The Early Christians did not consider the "wafer" to be only symbolic.
They placed a lot of

Indeed,
From the very beginning the Church taught that the Eucharist is truly the flesh and blood of the risen Jesus Christ.

Here's St Ignatius circa 100 AD on it:

'They abstain
from eucharist (thanksgiving) and prayer, because they
allow not that the eucharist is the flesh of our
Saviour Jesus Christ, which flesh suffered for our
sins, and which the Father of His goodness raised up.'

Further, all of the ancient apostolic churches hold to this...

Were it not true, where then is the apostolic community condemning this 'heresy' in 100 AD, 200 AD, 500 AD, 1000 AD.....

Peace be with you!

Reactions: GodsGrace

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The wafer and wine are changed to the body and the blood of Christ - yes it is God.
If someone is a member of the Body of Christ, does that make him God too?

Could be. If he is a son of God, he'd have to be like God in some way to be called his son.

Was Peter God when people fell down after lying to him -- or were they lying to the Spirit of God in Peter?

Last edited:

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Me? I think money and worldly possessions are likely the biggest idols. Some people love money more than they love their own souls.

Matthew 16:26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

1 Timothy 6:10 For the love of money is the root of all evil: which while some coveted after, they have erred from the faith, and pierced themselves through with many sorrows.

tabletalk

Feb 6, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hello tabletalk,

Indeed. And whether it is True or not is independent of my belief, or your unbelief.
Jesus said: 'This is my body' . I believe HIM.

Peace be with you!

You say the bread is God, I say it is not God.
I believe, worship and serve a different God than you.
So, we should:
(Romans 12:18)
"If possible, so far as it depends on you, be at peace with all men."

Philip James

May 4, 2018
Brandon
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
So, we should:

There is only ONE God.
We either serve HIM or we do not.

Peace be with you!

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, we should:
I don't know I'd go so far as to say the Bread is God; but there's something there that should demand reverence since Paul warned:

1 Corinthians 11:29 For he that eateth and drinketh unworthily, eateth and drinketh damnation to himself, not discerning the Lord's body.

It's for this reason the Catholic Church will not allow some people to partake. If a bishop knows for sure someone is sinning because he's doing it openly, it doesn't matter if he goes to confession and pretends he's not sinning. The priest knows he is because his bishop told him. To give such a person Communion would be helping him on the road to damnation.