Grief

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Just found out that one of my favorite people - someone who has introduced me to unconditional love in the flesh has been diagnosed with a very scary form of cancer. She does not know what stage she is in, but even in the beginning stage it is possible to only live for 62 months. She is young for any form of cancer and has a young child.

I am still in shock, but I know underneath I am sad and afraid. My comfort is John 11:35.

So many thoughts and feelings...

How have you handled this type of news....and more importantly, how have you helped the person you love?

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
Just found out that one of my favorite people - someone who has introduced me to unconditional love in the flesh has been diagnosed with a very scary form of cancer. She does not know what stage she is in, but even in the beginning stage it is possible to only live for 62 months. She is young for any form of cancer and has a young child.

I am still in shock, but I know underneath I am sad and afraid. My comfort is John 11:35.

How have you handled this type of news....and more importantly, how have you helped the person you love?

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and I will certainly pray for her. I lost my husband to a brain tumor( Glioblastoma Multiforme) in 2002. I Was devastated, angry at God, and just broken down. I was his primary caregiver and was deeply overwhelmed. I still continue to grieve, but the pain does'nt consume me like it used to. Jesus however, is still the healer and it is my prayer that He will heal your friend and give you peace of mind.

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I'm sorry to hear about your friend and I will certainly pray for her. I lost my husband to a brain tumor( Glioblastoma Multiforme) in 2002. I Was devastated, angry at God, and just broken down. I was his primary caregiver and was deeply overwhelmed. I still continue to grieve, but the pain does'nt consume me like it used to. Jesus however, is still the healer and it is my prayer that He will heal your friend and give you peace of mind.

You are a continuous blessing to me.

Selene

Apr 12, 2010
In my house

I am sorry to hear about your friend, Aspen. She and her family are in my prayers. I usually help the person I love simply by being there. Sometimes, there are no words to express the situation so being there for them is all that needs to show love.

Reactions: grandma dolittle

grandma dolittle

May 23, 2012
Missouri
Aspen,
I am sorry to hear about your loved one. I lost a brother that I adored to cancer. There are no words to comfort you, but I will keep you and your loved one in my prayers that God will keep you in his arms and comfort you.

Reactions: aspen

jiggyfly

Nov 27, 2009
North Carolina
Praying for your friend Aspen and for you to be a great encouragement to her in her time of need. It probably won't be long before your sadness is turned into joy. :)

Roger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

aspen2, Hi

I'm sorry to here about your friend and I will pray. I'm no stranger to weeping, Jesus loves us, he hears us from heaven and is our defender.

We are not alone for he said...

I will never leave you nor forsake you. Therefore he will hear us when we ask.

Your friend in Jesus.

-Roger, God's Scribe

Foreigner

Apr 14, 2010
I have never been a big fan of recommending songs to people.
DIfferent tastes, different genres, etc.

But Aspen, without reservation I would recommend this song for you. For anyone, but especially for you right now.

It is called "Cry Out To Jesus" by Third Day.

Many Christians groups put out songs about God and pray God will bless them.
I am of this opinion that this is a song that God gave to them to be shared with all.

I think you will find comfort in it. I know that I did from the first time I heard and it brought me to tears.
It is by far the most listened-to song on my iPod.

Simple lyrics but incredible when heard sung:

To everyone who's lost someone they love
Long before it was their time
You feel like the days you had were not enough
when you said goodbye

And to all of the people with burdens and pains
Keeping you back from your life
You believe that there's nothing and there is no one
Who can make it right

Chorus:
There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus

For the marriage that's struggling just to hang on
They lost all of their faith and love
They've done all they can to make it right again
Still it's not enough

For the ones who can't break the addictions and chains
You try to give up but you come back again
Just remember that you're not alone in your shame
And your suffering

Chorus

When your lonely (when you're lonely)
And it feels like the whole world is falling on you
You just reach out, you just cry out to Jesus
Cry to Jesus

To the widow who suffers from being alone
Wiping the tears from her eyes
For the children around the world without a home
Say a prayer tonight

Here is the video on YouTube. Not the greatest sound quality, but...

Please do me a favor and read the lyrics completely and then watch the video or listen to it while reading the lyrics.

The song is like a dear friend coming up to you in a cold rain and wrapping a warm blanket around your shoulders.

Reactions: aspen

aspen

Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Foreigner - never heard the song - I love it! What a blessing! I am grateful - have a good weekend.

Hollyrock

Nov 17, 2011
USA
I have never been a big fan of recommending songs to people.
DIfferent tastes, different genres, etc.

But Aspen, without reservation I would recommend this song for you. For anyone, but especially for you right now.

It is called "Cry Out To Jesus" by Third Day.

Many Christians groups put out songs about God and pray God will bless them.
I am of this opinion that this is a song that God gave to them to be shared with all.

I think you will find comfort in it. I know that I did from the first time I heard and it brought me to tears.
It is by far the most listened-to song on my iPod.

Simple lyrics but incredible when heard sung:

To everyone who's lost someone they love
Long before it was their time
You feel like the days you had were not enough
when you said goodbye

And to all of the people with burdens and pains
Keeping you back from your life
You believe that there's nothing and there is no one
Who can make it right

Chorus:
There is hope for the helpless
Rest for the weary
Love for the broken heart
There is grace and forgiveness
Mercy and healing
He'll meet you wherever you are
Cry out to Jesus, Cry out to Jesus

For the marriage that's struggling just to hang on
They lost all of their faith and love
They've done all they can to make it right again
Still it's not enough

For the ones who can't break the addictions and chains
You try to give up but you come back again
Just remember that you're not alone in your shame
And your suffering

Chorus

When your lonely (when you're lonely)
And it feels like the whole world is falling on you
You just reach out, you just cry out to Jesus
Cry to Jesus

To the widow who suffers from being alone
Wiping the tears from her eyes
For the children around the world without a home
Say a prayer tonight

Here is the video on YouTube. Not the greatest sound quality, but...

Please do me a favor and read the lyrics completely and then watch the video or listen to it while reading the lyrics.

The song is like a dear friend coming up to you in a cold rain and wrapping a warm blanket around your shoulders. !!!

I love that song, I saw Third Day in concert and they were AWESOME !!! anyone who hears it will be blessed.

Roger

May 21, 2012
Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
aspen2, Hi

This is for you...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGRP9D_ImDM

Father, your will be done.

Your brother, I love you in Jesus.

-Roger, God's Scribe

Jul 6, 2011
Aspen2,
Praying for your friend

Revelation 7:17
For the Lamb at the center of the throne will be their shepherd; ‘he will lead them to springs of living water.’ ‘And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes.’ ”