Guess What?!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

bbyrd009

Groper
Nov 30, 2016
Ute City, COLO
www.facebook.com
Faith
Christian
Country
United States Minor Outlying Islands
claimed all round individual relationship with Jesus or all round individual inspiration and guidance by the Holy Spirit is suspect and is and should be unacceptable - twinc
i disagree there. While a witness is invaluable, Christ hung on the cross alone, and to say that that was broadly understood then, as you seem to be saying here, is not supported imo. So there is a tension inherent in "witness" and "outside the camp."

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The one that resides on one of the 7 hills of Rome
And which one would that be?
It couldn't be the Vatican - which does NOT reside on one of the Seven Hills of Rome.

The Seven Hills are:
1. Aventine Hill
2. Caelian Hill
3. Capitoline Hill
4. Esquiline Hill
5. Palatine Hill
6. Quirinal Hill
7. Viminal Hill

Vatican Hill is across the Tiber from the others.
Maybe you should stop reading those Jack Chick tracts . . .

Reactions: Helen

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
There's no such thing as apostate churches outside of the Vatican.

All protestant churches are based on an individual's personal relationship with Jesus.
Rome is built on a personal relationship with Mary.

Look that up in your Funk & Wagnall...
Spoken like another ignorant ex-Catholic.

The Catholic Church is the Mystical Body of Christ, whom He said the gates of Hell would not prevail against.
Your problem is that you think Jesus is a liar . . .

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

All protestant churches are based on an individual's personal relationship with Jesus.

Do you even know what "apostate" means??

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Chicken butt.

You know why?

Chicken thigh

aspen

“"The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few
Apr 25, 2012
West Coast
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The last time someone told me that i was calling Jesus a liar, i was 15 - it was a new youth pastor.

I left the church for three years.

I had only been going for less than a year. I really didnt know Jesus very well. I could have used an understanding adult in my life at the time.

You know why i was calling Jesus a liar in the youth directors eyes? An offhanded musing.....i was wondering out loud if Satan was simply an extreme form of evil and therefore on a spectrum of Good. Yeah....what a disrepectful little Satanist i was....how ironic, i was kicked out of youth group for stumbling on the same thoughts Augustine considered.

Be careful with your words.....

epostle1

Sep 24, 2012
Essex
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Rome is built on a personal relationship with Mary is silly.
What I suggest you do is go to a good Catholic site (catholic.com)and find out you are bearing false witness.
The Vatican doesn't sit on any of the 7 hills of Rome. Check a map. Bible Christian hate cults are counting on you not to be able to read one.

Some anti-Catholics claim the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon of Revelation 17 and 18. Dave Hunt, in his 1994 book, A Woman Rides the Beast, presents nine arguments to try to prove this. His claims are a useful summary of those commonly used by Fundamentalists, and an examination of them shows why they don’t work. Hunting the Whore of Babylon | Catholic Answers

Last edited by a moderator:

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I have to do is go to any catholic church mass and I will find people worshipping Mary.
Maybe you should try going to a mass and see for yourself.