Guns, Guns, Killing, and more Guns

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Nancy

Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've said before it is the role of the world to protect the world.
It is the role of a Christian to follow Jesus Christ.
Many cannot understand this.
They can't get their head out of the world.

I laud my spirituality because I have it.
Read about the Apostle Paul.
He did the same thing.
We need to be following the Apostle Paul and Jesus the best we can.
Hopefully, we will grow closer to God as we age instead of thinking we have to take care of the evils of the world ourselves.

A man with a gun to my head is not the enemy.
Our enemies are not flesh and blood.

I was in war and came close to dying many times.
Before I got saved, I got ripped off of my drugs with a gun stuck against the side of my head.
I would freely go into the toughest neighborhoods of the entire city of Boston to buy drugs.
I'm not afraid.

When I got saved 33 years ago, I became less afraid than ever before.
Listen, there's a difference between being startled and being afraid.
Fear continues, being startled can be overcome immediately.

One thing I notice in every gun thread, someone always gets angry, usually many people.
But I have peace from God, I do not get angry.

Ever read about or see on TV about someone being murdered and immediately the family or a loved one forgives the killer.
That can only come from God.
Could you forgive someone for recklessly killing a loved one?

Good post Rodolpho,
"Our enemies are not flesh and blood." For sure!
"But I have peace from God, I do not get angry." Yes, I can see that about you and the few others I am getting to know on here...I don't do anger either...I will not retaliate and I will not read the posts of a person with an angry spirit.
Bless you brother
-nancy

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Lol, you're such a baby.
I bet you live behind locked doors.
And I'll bet that you're worse than an unbeliever - because you're not doing your job as head of a household . . .

1 Timothy 5:8
But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Neh. 4:13-14
So in the lowest parts of the space behind the wall, in open places, I stationed the people by their clans, with their swords, their spears, and their bows. And I looked and arose and said to the nobles and to the officials and to the rest of the people, “Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes.”

It's not only a good idea - it's a Biblical MANDATE that we protect our families against harm.

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Luke chapter 3 when we read of John the Baptist preparing the way for Christ we see several groups of people coming to John, including soldiers. John could have said many things to them but what we have recorded is, "don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely - be content with your pay"

I believe 100% that a Christian can be in the military. Murder is different than killing in war. If not, then God approved the children of Israel to commit murder during the conquest of Canaan. Killing in war is still awful and sadly it's one of the many consequences of living in a fallen world. I'm thankful for our service men / women who protect us. It would be un-christian to stand by while Hitler kept killing as many as he did. War is always tragic and many must cope with the reality of it and having served in it, but I do not believe that it's wrong for the Believer to serve in the military

Reactions: Triumph1300

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And I'll bet that you're worse than an unbeliever - because you're not doing your job as head of a household . . .

1 Timothy 5:8
But if anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for members of his household, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.

Neh. 4:13-14
So in the lowest parts of the space behind the wall, in open places, I stationed the people by their clans, with their swords, their spears, and their bows. And I looked and arose and said to the nobles and to the officials and to the rest of the people, “Do not be afraid of them. Remember the Lord, who is great and awesome, and fight for your brothers, your sons, your daughters, your wives, and your homes.”

It's not only a good idea - it's a Biblical MANDATE that we protect our families against harm.
And who is a better protector than Jesus Christ?
You don't have him protecting you.
that's why you will always live in fear.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And who is a better protector than Jesus Christ?
You don't have him protecting you.
that's why you will always live in fear.
Spoken like a guy who has abdicated his responsibility to his family.
Sooooo, you're saying that only non-believers are robbed, raped and murdered?

I feel sorry for your family - and the family of ANY cowardly leader.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
In Luke chapter 3 when we read of John the Baptist preparing the way for Christ we see several groups of people coming to John, including soldiers. John could have said many things to them but what we have recorded is, "don't extort money and don't accuse people falsely - be content with your pay"

I believe 100% that a Christian can be in the military. Murder is different than killing in war. If not, then God approved the children of Israel to commit murder during the conquest of Canaan. Killing in war is still awful and sadly it's one of the many consequences of living in a fallen world. I'm thankful for our service men / women who protect us. It would be un-christian to stand by while Hitler kept killing as many as he did. War is always tragic and many must cope with the reality of it and having served in it, but I do not believe that it's wrong for the Believer to serve in the military
You are missing the point of Christianity.
When you join the military, they own you.
As for me, I am owned by Jesus Christ.
When the military gives you an order, you have to do it, even if it goes against your Christianity.
It's Military #1, Christianity #2.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Spoken like a guy who has abdicated his responsibility to his family.
Sooooo, you're saying that only non-believers are robbed, raped and murdered?

I feel sorry for your family - and the family of ANY cowardly leader.
Tell the truth, how many times have you had to use your arsenal against the enemy to protect your family?
We'll include your bad breath.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
When the military gives you an order, you have to do it, even if it goes against your Christianity.
I would like to know, in your own words, how you justify being a man of God?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Tell the truth, how many times have you had to use your arsenal against the enemy to protect your family?
We'll include your bad breath.
Only once.

We had a guy break in at night while we were sleeping. He did 12 years in prison.
Thank GOD He gave me the foresight to arm our home.

It always cracks me up when ignorant people like you think the Jesus was a pacifist.
He wasn't. - and YOU should know better . . .

Luke 22:35-37
Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?”
“Nothing,” they answered.
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag;
AND IF YOU DON’T HAVE A SWORD, SELL YOUR CLOAK AND BUY ONE. It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Only once.

We had a guy break in at night while we were sleeping. He did 12 years in prison.
Thank GOD He gave me the foresight to arm our home.

It always cracks me up when ignorant people like you think the Jesus was a pacifist.
He wasn't. - and YOU should know better . . .

Luke 22:35-37
Then Jesus asked them, “When I sent you without purse, bag or sandals, did you lack anything?”
“Nothing,” they answered.
He said to them, “But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag;
AND IF YOU DON’T HAVE A SWORD, SELL YOUR CLOAK AND BUY ONE. It is written: ‘And he was numbered with the transgressors’; and I tell you that this must be fulfilled in me. Yes, what is written about me is reaching its fulfillment.”
Hey, are you serious?
I crack you up?!!!
ALL RIGHT!
I'm making progress.

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hey, are you serious?
I crack you up?!!!
ALL RIGHT!
I'm making progress.
Ignorant anti-Catholics ALWAYS crack me up because you all pretend to know what you're talking about.
You haven't made ANY progress because you've ALWAYS cracked me up . . .

PS - Don't think I didn't notice how you dodged the Scriptural evidence I presented that obliterate our position . . .

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Breadman, I explained that away the last time we debated this issue.
Say something once, why say it again?

this song is all about you?

BreadOfLife

Jan 2, 2017
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Breadman, I explained that away the last time we debated this issue.
Say something once, why say it again?

this song is all about you?
No - you never addressed the verse I presented.
You just don't want me exposing your moronic point of view . . .

Stranger

Oct 5, 2016
Texas
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I've said before it is the role of the world to protect the world.
It is the role of a Christian to follow Jesus Christ.
Many cannot understand this.
They can't get their head out of the world.

I laud my spirituality because I have it.
Read about the Apostle Paul.
He did the same thing.
We need to be following the Apostle Paul and Jesus the best we can.
Hopefully, we will grow closer to God as we age instead of thinking we have to take care of the evils of the world ourselves.

A man with a gun to my head is not the enemy.
Our enemies are not flesh and blood.

I was in war and came close to dying many times.
Before I got saved, I got ripped off of my drugs with a gun stuck against the side of my head.
I would freely go into the toughest neighborhoods of the entire city of Boston to buy drugs.
I'm not afraid.

When I got saved 33 years ago, I became less afraid than ever before.
Listen, there's a difference between being startled and being afraid.
Fear continues, being startled can be overcome immediately.

One thing I notice in every gun thread, someone always gets angry, usually many people.
But I have peace from God, I do not get angry.

Ever read about or see on TV about someone being murdered and immediately the family or a loved one forgives the killer.
That can only come from God.
Could you forgive someone for recklessly killing a loved one?

(Ps.27:3-5) "Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident. One thing have I desired of the LORD, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the LORD, and to enquire in his temple."

Said by one of Gods greatest warriors. He had a total trust and faith in God. He is the only one ever called by God 'a man after my own heart'.
But he never expected God to deliver him absent from him doing his part. And don't tell me David was in the Old Testament. David in his relationship with God was a New Testament saint living in the Old.

Did God not establish this country as a Christian nation? By Christian people. Who were willing to go to war with the pagan Indians and defeat them and establish a civilization. Who were willing to protect their families and themselves with the gun. A civilization that God has used to send missionaries throughout the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Had Christians back then had your ridiculous views of pacifism, this country would never have been what it was. As I said before, you squawk about no guns and only trusting Christ only because others have had guns and done the dirty work for you.

You ask if I could forgive someone for killing one of mine. That is a very general question. If one is attacking my family in my home, I could not forgive myself if I just stood and watched as they were killed. Could you? Would you be all pious and spiritual and be praying to God as your family is destroyed. Would you? And don't think it doesn't happen to Christians, it does.

Stranger

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rollo

There is no such thing as a true pacifist, you prove that by locking your doors at night. The mind is not hardwired to be passive. All humans either fight or flight. Surely you wouldn't tell your wife if she was being raped to just allow it to happen. It goes against logic and the brain God gave you to use. It is my duty to protect my wife from harm and being passive about taking care of my wife/family is wimpy and irresponsible.

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Rollo

There is no such thing as a true pacifist, you prove that by locking your doors at night. The mind is not hardwired to be passive. All humans either fight or flight. Surely you wouldn't tell your wife if she was being raped to just allow it to happen. It goes against logic and the brain God gave you to use. It is my duty to protect my wife from harm and being passive about taking care of my wife/family is wimpy and irresponsible.
You think in terms of your wife being raped.
I think in terms of Jesus protecting us.
You lack the faith to trust in Jesus.
Would you join the military and kill innocent people or would you pray daily for God to protect you and your Family.
Are you so worldly that you don't believe God will really take care of us?
I say that if that is what you believe, then you are the same as most Christians.
Because Christianity in America is weak.
We hide behind bombs and send our youth out to die so we can live in comfort.
Except that comfort isn't there anymore, churches can be raided and everyone murdered at anytime.
So you go to church, lock the doors 5 minutes after the service starts, and the deacons stand at the entrances with machine guns.
And the pastor says, if you have problems of any kind, go to God, he will take care of you.
And nobody believes it, the world has taken over Christianity, and now we challenge the world with our guns to come get us.
God bless America.
I guess no one is gonna call you wimpy and irresponsible.
Unless they catch you without your gun.

Reactions: Nancy

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You think in terms of your wife being raped.
I think in terms of Jesus protecting us.
You lack the faith to trust in Jesus.
Would you join the military and kill innocent people or would you pray daily for God to protect you and your Family.
Are you so worldly that you don't believe God will really take care of us?
I say that if that is what you believe, then you are the same as most Christians.
Because Christianity in America is weak.
We hide behind bombs and send our youth out to die so we can live in comfort.
Except that comfort isn't there anymore, churches can be raided and everyone murdered at anytime.
So you go to church, lock the doors 5 minutes after the service starts, and the deacons stand at the entrances with machine guns.
And the pastor says, if you have problems of any kind, go to God, he will take care of you.
And nobody believes it, the world has taken over Christianity, and now we challenge the world with our guns to come get us.
God bless America.
I guess no one is gonna call you wimpy and irresponsible.
Unless they catch you without your gun.

All I'm trying to say is, the human nature is not subject to be passive but to fight or flight to protect it self. You lock your doors every night after praying for protection, so why don't you lead the way and practice what you preach. The world is full of corruption and sin and always will be until it is done away with. While we live in this world, yes we need faith first and foremost but that does not mean we can't take precautions from the evil around us. Bad things happen to people and while I do believe that God protects us there are times we are responsible to being accountable for our safety. Sadly, my father made the very awful choice to murder my step mother and I'm sure she did everything she could to fight back. My mother told me they had flowers over her hands at her funeral to cover the cut marks. God does not desire for us to sit back and let evil happen to us. He does give His angels charge over us and there are times we must use wise thinking to protect us, our family, and neighbors. It is never OK to allow someone to abuse us or bring evil to us/our family

Last edited:

Rollo Tamasi

Aug 28, 2017
Inverness, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
All I'm trying to say is, the human nature is not subject to be passive but to fight or flight to protect it self. You lock your doors every night after praying for protection, so why don't you lead the way and practice what you preach. The world is full of corruption and sin and always will be until it is done away with. While we live in this world, yes we need faith first and foremost but that does not mean we can't take precautions from the evil around us. Bad things happen to people and while I do believe that God protects us there are times we are responsible to being accountable for our safety. Sadly, my father made the awful choice to murder my step mother and she fought back (they had flowers over her hands at her funeral to cover the cut marks) God does not desire for us to sit back and let evil happen to us. He does give His angels charge over us and there are times we must use wise thinking to protect us, our family, and neighbors. It is never OK to allow someone to abuse us or bring evil to us/our family
"It is never OK to allow someone to abuse us or bring evil to us/our family."

What does this statement mean?
I've been asking God to protect me and my wife for 30 years and no problems.
I give God all the glory all the time.
Can you do that?
Isn't that what we are called to do?
Why do we look upon martyrs as being great men and women of God if we don't believe what they have done?
Why are our lives different?
Because we're American?
We have militias, we have "God bless America" on our money, and we roam the world killing innocent people at will.
Do you think I'm wrong?
I'll prove it to you.

If someone asks you, "why should I become a Christian?", what will you say?
That God protects you while you are going to the store to buy more ammo?
Where is your testimony?

LC627

May 11, 2018
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
"It is never OK to allow someone to abuse us or bring evil to us/our family."

If you can't answer the simple "yes" or "no" question of if you would protect your wife if someone was attacking her, then I'm done with the conversation. I've said all I needed to and many can see the hypocrisy in this subject. Let's see how great your faith is, instead of not locking your doors at night, why don't ya just leave them wide open!? :) Ahh that's right, you're relying on that lock for safety.