Halloween Street Preaching

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The subject is street preachers preaching God's wrath
Aka street preachers abusing people in the name of God. Yes, The preachers sins in that regard.

Pardon my bluntness here, but i don't think I'm getting through to you any other way. A person who uses threats is abusive. To do so in the name of God is spiritual abuse of others. It is downright sinful and needs repented of.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Aka street preachers abusing people in the name of God. Yes, The preachers sins in that regard.

Pardon my bluntness here, but i don't think I'm getting through to you any other way. A person who uses threats is abusive. To do so in the name of God is spiritual abuse of others. It is downright sinful and needs repented of.

So, you refuse to answer my question about God's wrath. I would really be interested to know what you believe about this.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So, you refuse to answer my question about God's wrath. I would really be interested to know what you believe about this.
If you want to talk about that subject, you can always start a thread on it.

This one is about the actions of street preachers.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you want to talk about that subject, you can always start a thread on it.

This one is about the actions of street preachers.

And you think that the preacher is wrong based on your beliefs about God's wrath, but you won't say what you believe. Care for another round of this?? :)

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Warning people about hell is not the same as telling them that THEY ARE GOING TO HELL!
I see very little difference since you're imagining them burning in hell if they don't listen to you.
Oh, yes, you did.

What does God do to the "predators" who are hurting His sheep? Does He ever pour out His wrath on them?
You seem to have a high opinion of your education and intelligence. I'm sure you can find out on your own if you don't already know. You don't lil ole me to explain that to you.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I see very little difference since you're imagining them burning in hell if they don't listen to you.
I asked my daughter if she thought that warning people about hell is the same thing as telling them they ARE going to hell. She said she didn't see this as the same thing at all.

Who said anything about imagining someone burning in hell??? Why do make this stuff up, just to aggravate me? :p

You seem to have a high opinion of your education and intelligence. I'm sure you can find out on your own if you don't already know. You don't lil ole me to explain that to you.

Deflection....

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said: "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."

Giuliano

Aug 4, 2019
Carlisle
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus said: "But whoso shall offend one of these little ones which believe in me, it were better for him that a millstone were hanged about his neck, and that he were drowned in the depth of the sea."
I knew you could figure something out.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
He is threatening people.

It feels like you keeping trying to make excuses for this abusive behavior, and it is getting frustrating.

Threat: "an expression of intention to inflict evil, injury, or damage"

If a preacher cannot send a person to hell, then preaching about hell cannot be a true threat, so your argument is pretty weak.

Edit: Now, if a preacher is preaching about hell in order to manipulate people to get them to do what he wants, then I would call this abusive behavior.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Threat: "an expression of intention to inflict evil, injury, or damage"

If a preacher cannot send a person to hell, then preaching about hell cannot be a true threat, so your argument is pretty weak.

Edit: Now, if a preacher is preaching about hell in order to manipulate people to get them to do what he wants, then I would call this abusive behavior.
The bolded is literally the M.O. of your standard street preacher.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The bolded is literally the M.O. of your standard street preacher.
Jesus and Paul both warned people about hell. So, in your opinion, they were just manipulating people?

Edit: When I talk about manipulating people, I'm inferring selfish motives.

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Jesus and Paul both warned people about hell. So, in your opinion, they were just manipulating people?
Neither Jesus nor Paul used the tactics a modern day street preacher uses. (speaking in general, there are some street preachers that don't fear mongrel and instead serve with love).
Edit: When I talk about manipulating people, I'm inferring selfish motives.
Manipulation is manipulation. Doesn't matter if the person is doing it because they think that by doing so it will get another person saved.

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither Jesus nor Paul used the tactics a modern day street preacher uses. (speaking in general, there are some street preachers that don't fear mongrel and instead serve with love).

Which tactics are you referring to specifically? Give specific examples from the video.

Manipulation is manipulation. Doesn't matter if the person is doing it because they think that by doing so it will get another person saved.

Well, I would say that if the preacher is truly concerned about the salvation of his listeners, this would not represent a selfish motive and would not be manipulation. When I say manipulation, I'm talking about a preacher or someone in authority telling a person they will go to hell if the person doesn't do what the preacher wants them to do. (I'm not talking salvation here.)

Is there ever an appropriate time to preach about God's wrath?

Jane_Doe22

Jul 29, 2018
Mid-west USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Which tactics are you referring to specifically? Give specific examples from the video.
Not in a position to pull up the video right now. A generic example would be standing at the street corner shouting at random strangers about how they are going to burn for their sins.
Well, I would say that if the preacher is truly concerned about the salvation of his listeners, this would not represent a selfish motive and would not be manipulation.
Nonsense.
Manipulation is manipulation. Doing it for the perceived "greater good" doesn't make it right.
Real love doesn't manipulate at all. Speak with love and love only.
I'm talking about a preacher or someone in authority telling a person they will go to hell if the person doesn't do what the preacher wants them to do. (I'm not talking salvation here.)
Which is standard street preacher M.O. Again, it's abusive and sinful.
Is there ever an appropriate time to preach about God's wrath?
(Edit for more complete thoughts)
If you're talking about here, you can start a thread on it.
If you're talking in general preaching, that would be AFTER a relationship of love is established between God, the person teaching, and the person listening. Then it shall be talked about personally (no pulpit shouting) and without any abusive tattics. No burning threats. No walking off cliff analogies. No drowning analogies. No "if you leave you're jumping off the boat" analogies, etc.

Last edited:

Prayer Warrior

Sep 20, 2018
U.S.A.
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Neither Jesus nor Paul used the tactics a modern day street preacher uses.

Matt 33:23-36--“Snakes! Brood of vipers! How can you escape being condemned to hell? This is why I am sending you prophets, sages, and scribes. Some of them you will kill and crucify, and some of them you will flog in your synagogues and hound from town to town. So all the righteous blood shed on the earth will be charged to you, from the blood of righteous Abel to the blood of Zechariah, son of Berechiah, whom you murdered between the sanctuary and the altar. I assure you: All these things will come on this generation!"