Happy Birthday Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
There is absolutely no reason why I have to feel that way at Christmas. I can celebrate and be joyous about Jesus’s birth at any time….just because I don’t feel it at Christmas does not mean I am not appreciative at other times about the birth.
There is indeed a sense in which at the Lord's Supper - with the meaning of the emblem of the bread - the Incarnation is in view, in any case, year round....

(I do like the idea of a Christmas card with a Scripture verse quoted on it to people....)

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I didn’t know that about the magi, so I am proberbly like most people who considered there were only three. I have to be honest and say that I have gone along with tradition regarding easter , however this year I started to question certain aspects and decided that Easter Sunday is not the day in which Jesus rose , and in all honesty I think it’s more apt to celebrate the Passover and all it stood for, alongside the cross……..
Rita

You are correct about the Sunday resurrection. Christ was in the tomb before sunset Wednesday Nisan 14 and was raised Saturday Nisan 17 before sunset. Saturday was the weekly sabbath…. Nisan 15 was a high day special sabbath. It is relatively easy to track in the Word…..and yet Christianity holds on to the absurd Friday to Sunday due to what we are taught.

There are many other things in the gospels that have been distorted due in part to harmony of the gospels …like, 6 denials from Peter, how many were crucified with Christ, two crown of thorns, two rides into Jerusalem, when Judas actually killed himself…. and a few other things….

All of these things were important enough for God to have them documented …but none of them alter the greatness of what was accomplished through His death resurrection and being taken up into glory.

Reactions: Rita