Happy Birthday Jesus

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know today marks the 21st anniversary of 9/11. A day that is etched in the minds of those who were alive to see it and the memory of those that lost loved ones on that fateful day….. WE WILL NEVER FORGET.

Today also marks the birth date of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. A day that is highly significant to those of us who are Christians.

Jesus was Born -Tishri 1 which coincides with our September 11, 3BC, between 6:18 - 7:39 pm, Palestine time.

This date has been confirmed and upheld by those in the astronomy field for its accuracy and integrity.
I did find this short video posted by John last year… regarding the constellation ……starts around 1 minute…..And I found another article on this subject.

video
September 11th, 3BC, Is The Actual Date That Jesus Christ Was Born 10-9-2021

article
SEPTEMBER 11--THE TRUE DATE OF JESUS' BIRTH? | Intercessors for America

Reactions: TLHKAJ

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States
Cool, but what will it do to those who firmly believe that December 25 (of whatever the year was) is his birthday?

Christmas - the celebration of the Incarnation of the Second Person of the blessed and most Holy Trinity. (Paraphrasing a Catholic cleric who is related to my wife.)

L.A.M.B.

Mar 22, 2022
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christmas is pagan.
History bears out the birth of Jesus by the time of the census and who was king at the time of Christ birth.

Happy Birthday my Lord and Saviour, Jesus !

For it was for sinful man that you willingly lay down you life for us that we might have part in the inheritance of your kingdom.

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Cool, but what will it do to those who firmly believe that December 25 (of whatever the year was) is his birthday?

Christmas - the celebration of the Incarnation of the Second Person of the blessed and most Holy Trinity. (Paraphrasing a Catholic cleric who is related to my wife.)

I think most people including Catholics know or have an idea that Christ wasn't born in December ....and I am certainly not advocating a change in the holiday...If it makes people feel any better Mary would have conceived in December.

Matthias

May 3, 2022
Kentucky
Faith
Other Faith
Country
United States

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I know today marks the 21st anniversary of 9/11. A day that is etched in the minds of those who were alive to see it and the memory of those that lost loved ones on that fateful day….. WE WILL NEVER FORGET.

Today also marks the birth date of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. A day that is highly significant to those of us who are Christians.

Jesus was Born -Tishri 1 which coincides with our September 11, 3BC, between 6:18 - 7:39 pm, Palestine time.

This date has been confirmed and upheld by those in the astronomy field for its accuracy and integrity.
I did find this short video posted by John last year… regarding the constellation ……starts around 1 minute…..And I found another article on this subject.

video
September 11th, 3BC, Is The Actual Date That Jesus Christ Was Born 10-9-2021

article
SEPTEMBER 11--THE TRUE DATE OF JESUS' BIRTH? | Intercessors for America

No one actually knows the birthday of Jesus Tom, but I do say that no doubt you are much closer than December 25, in fact you might even be correct, but no one knows. Why do you suppose that is sir?

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
No one actually knows the birthday of Jesus Tom, but I do say that no doubt you are much closer than December 25, in fact you might even be correct, but no one knows. Why do you suppose that is sir?

If I understood constellations and had a working knowledge of astronomy …I could probably verify their work ….As I have the information along with constellation drawings of their work. …..but I don’t have any interest in it…. other than to admire Gods awesome beauty and handywork. I even tried reading Bullingers "Witness of the Stars" which I know has great information in it ...but, it was not for me.

And I know with the written Word, and God’s testimonies in the stars, that truths can be confirmed …but for me…everything astronomically looks like the big or little dipper....and even those are hard for me to find at times. I will just stick with the written Word and leave astronomy to those who understand it.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
The only two birthdays noted in the Bible is Herod's birthday party, and the birth day of the Lord Jesus Christ, and all the rest before, and after.

Reactions: Tommy Cool

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If I understood constellations and had a working knowledge of astronomy …I could probably verify their work ….As I have the information along with constellation drawings of their work. …..but I don’t have any interest in it…. other than to admire Gods awesome beauty and handywork. I even tried reading Bullingers "Witness of the Stars" which I know has great information in it ...but, it was not for me.

And I know with the written Word, and God’s testimonies in the stars, that truths can be confirmed …but for me…everything astronomically looks like the big or little dipper....and even those are hard for me to find at times. I will just stick with the written Word and leave astronomy to those who understand it.

Interestingly you mentioned stars and astronomy, the Bible records a star being present which led some astrologers to Jesus, who do you think made that star visible to those Magi?

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Interestingly you mentioned stars and astronomy, the Bible records a star being present which led some astrologers to Jesus, who do you think made that star visible to those Magi?
If I remember right.... it was not a star but a planet...pretty sure it was Jupiter, which went into retrograde motion in late Nov 2 BC. that is all I remember without looking it up ( which I can do if you would like) Keep in mind that the Magi did not see Jesus until He was about 1 1/2 years old....they were not present at the birth.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
If I remember right.... it was not a star but a planet...pretty sure it was Jupiter, which went into retrograde motion in late Nov 2 BC. that is all I remember without looking it up ( which I can do if you would like) Keep in mind that the Magi did not see Jesus until He was about 1 1/2 years old....they were not present at the birth.
I have always had an issue with Christmas and the whole nativity scene that places the Magi at the birth. The unease I felt was not felt by those around me, so for years I stood alone with my thoughts on the matter.
I use to dislike the nativity played out in church ………..

Reactions: Tommy Cool

Robert Gwin

Mar 19, 2021
Central Il
Faith
Christian
Country
United States

The Bible used the term star Tom. Jehovah sent His angels to some shepherds in the fields to reveal the birth of the Messiah. Like you said the star/planet led the Magi to him much later, and it led them to Herod first, who sought to kill the Messiah, it was satan who revealed that to them, not God. He is not the one who put the star/planet to those who rejected His laws, like many believe.
ajsthvr Aster (as-tare');
Word Origin: Greek, Noun Masculine, Strong #: 792
a star

Tommy Cool

Jul 17, 2022
HIGHLAND,MI
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I have always had an issue with Christmas and the whole nativity scene that places the Magi at the birth. The unease I felt was not felt by those around me, so for years I stood alone with my thoughts on the matter.

That is interesting ….You seemed to be more tapped in than most of us …who went along with religious tradition. Even from a cursory view of the gospels (without looking at the Greek words) there are things that should have caught peoples attention…..But we tend to read … what we believe. In addition to the fact that tradition only has three wise guys (based on the gifts) when in fact…. the magi always traveled in large groups, at least 12 in their caravan.

And when it comes to the gospels ... especially surrounding Christ’s crucifixion …tradition really has things messed up due to gospel harmony.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
@Rita Some Christians prefer to send Christmas cards showing neutral scenes rather than those ones that you mention.....

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
That is interesting ….You seemed to be more tapped in than most of us …who went along with religious tradition. Even from a cursory view of the gospels (without looking at the Greek words) there are things that should have caught peoples attention…..But we tend to read … what we believe. In addition to the fact that tradition only has three wise guys (based on the gifts) when in fact…. the magi always traveled in large groups, at least 12 in their caravan.

And when it comes to the gospels ... especially surrounding Christ’s crucifixion …tradition really has things messed up due to gospel harmony.
I didn’t know that about the magi, so I am proberbly like most people who considered there were only three. I have to be honest and say that I have gone along with tradition regarding easter , however this year I started to question certain aspects and decided that Easter Sunday is not the day in which Jesus rose , and in all honesty I think it’s more apt to celebrate the Passover and all it stood for, alongside the cross……..
Rita

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita Some Christians prefer to send Christmas cards showing neutral scenes rather than those ones that you mention.....
If I am honest Farouk I have never really found Christmas a spiritually enhancing time, I think it is all materialistic and manipulated. We feel as if we have to celebrate it because it has become so engrained within out cultures. I like the feel of Christmas as I have very fond memories , but I am honest with myself that it is from a time when I was not a Christian and therefore it’s for all the worldly reasons. I do enjoy the season but have never been able to align with it in any spiritual way….

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I didn’t know that about the magi, so I am proberbly like most people who considered there were only three. I have to be honest and say that I have gone along with tradition regarding easter , however this year I started to question certain aspects and decided that Easter Sunday is not the day in which Jesus rose , and in all honesty I think it’s more apt to celebrate the Passover and all it stood for, alongside the cross……..
Rita
Luke 22 shows the transition from the Passover to the Lord's Supper; one looked forward, the other looks back to a finished work at the Cross, after the veil of the temple was rent in twain; no going back to the types and shadows once the fullness of revelation in Christ and His finished work has been made manifest.

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
If I am honest Farouk I have never really found Christmas a spiritually enhancing time, I think it is all materialistic and manipulated. We feel as if we have to celebrate it because it has become so engrained within out cultures. I like the feel of Christmas as I have very fond memories , but I am honest with myself that it is from a time when I was not a Christian and therefore it’s for all the worldly reasons. I do enjoy the season but have never been able to align with it in any spiritual way….
@Rita In the end, beyond the outward manifestations, it's the Incarnation that is doctrinally at the heart of what true believers can remember.

"In Him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" (Colossians 2.9)

"The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us; and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

'Veiled in flesh the Godhead see,
Hail, incarnate Deity!
Pleased as Man with man to dwell,
Jesus, our Emmanuel!'

Beyond all the superficiality of some events and the materialism, there should be very strong reasons for the believer to rejoice in and testify over.

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
@Rita In the end, beyond the outward manifestations, it's the Incarnation that is doctrinally at the heart of what true believers can remember.

"In Him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily" (Colossians 2.9)

"The Word became flesh, and dwelt among us; and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth."

'Veiled in flesh the Godhead see,
Hail, incarnate Deity!
Pleased as Man with man to dwell,
Jesus, our Emmanuel!'

Beyond all the superficiality of some events and the materialism, there should be very strong reasons for the believer to rejoice in and testify over.
There is absolutely no reason why I have to feel that way at Christmas. I can celebrate and be joyous about Jesus’s birth at any time….just because I don’t feel it at Christmas does not mean I am not appreciative at other times about the birth.