Happy holidays everyone!!

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Happy holidays everyone!! What will you be doing during the Christmas season? I am not busy this week but tomorrow my mom's idea is that we will be getting Vietnamese food for us to eat dinner. I like Vietnamese food and all kinds of food like Italian, Chinese, Mexican, etc. I will be busy next week though so I am glad. Ok so we will be going to church on Sunday, there is an event and then I have a results appointment about what happened when I didn't end up having to do a biopsy according to the doctor, and then I have a party to go to at a mental health organization place where there will be a choir and free dinner, then I will be meeting my mom to walk downtown and see the lights. That's for next week. I will write more as I go along if there's anything I will be doing. Have you done anything yet or do you have any plans? you can share here. Thank you for sharing!

Debp

Jul 5, 2020
California
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Happy holidays everyone!! What will you be doing during the Christmas season? I am not busy this week but tomorrow my mom's idea is that we will be getting Vietnamese food for us to eat dinner. I like Vietnamese food and all kinds of food like Italian, Chinese, Mexican, etc. I will be busy next week though so I am glad. Ok so we will be going to church on Sunday, there is an event and then I have a results appointment about what happened when I didn't end up having to do a biopsy according to the doctor, and then I have a party to go to at a mental health organization place where there will be a choir and free dinner, then I will be meeting my mom to walk downtown and see the lights. That's for next week. I will write more as I go along if there's anything I will be doing. Have you done anything yet or do you have any plans? you can share here. Thank you for sharing!
You are really active, that's great!

Will probably write out some Christmas cards. I got some last year from Christianbook.com They are very pretty, were reasonable and have a Christian message.

Will put up our little two foot tree on the plant stand. It's decorated mainly with decorations I made through the years. It's cheerful and I like to see the colored lights in the dark.

Need to get the wreath on the door. Some neighbors already have theirs up.

I did order a fruitcake from Collins Bakery for my mom and myself.

Talking about ethnic food, have you tried Indian food? It's really delicious! My favorite.

Gabriel _Arch

Nov 16, 2023
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Wishing everyone a blessed and merry Christmas and a glorious, prosperous, New Year too.

merry-christmas-happy-holidays.gif

Rita

Staff member
Dec 20, 2020
South
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
This is the first Christmas where I will not be working, I have kind of retired a bit early but waiting to be released from my contract on medical grounds ( degenerative meniscus damage in my knee ) I also moved to live next door to my daughter last month. So I will get to see all of my children over the three days , Christmas Eve with my daughter , Christmas Day with my eldest son and family and Boxing Day with my next to youngest and his family. My youngest lives with me. Usually work dictates who I can see because of Shift work in the carehome. Also I use to dislike going to work between Christmas and new year as buses run on Sunday service and shops open later.
I always put my tree up at the beginning of Dec, went Christmas shopping with my daughter yesterday which was fun, but need to do a round two next week as our feet , hips ect just said ‘ enough is enough ‘ after 5hours walking around !!!!!
Rita

thelord's_pearl

May 1, 2021
O`nowhere you have to know
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
You are really active, that's great!

Will probably write out some Christmas cards. I got some last year from Christianbook.com They are very pretty, were reasonable and have a Christian message.

Will put up our little two foot tree on the plant stand. It's decorated mainly with decorations I made through the years. It's cheerful and I like to see the colored lights in the dark.

Need to get the wreath on the door. Some neighbors already have theirs up.

I did order a fruitcake from Collins Bakery for my mom and myself.

Talking about ethnic food, have you tried Indian food? It's really delicious! My favorite.
I do like Indian food but not always as it gets inflammatory but it is delicious on occasions and I think the herbs and spices in Indian food prevent or inhibit cancer. I would also like to say that whether it's Vietnamese food, Greek (chicken souvlaki which is so good too), or Indian (chicken tandoori, for example) it's necessary to take off the black stuff on the meat and not eat it too often or to ask it be stir-fried if possible.

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since we are living with our daughter lots will be happening. My wife and I are limited tiring easily. Our unmarried granddaughter [age 23 on Dec. 12], who lives in the same house, has decorated the whole house with lights and wreaths and a huge tree covered with shiny things as well as lights. She will also be fixing an overwhelming traditional dinner for Christmas Day. She works full time at a daycare center for children but seems to never run out of energy. The day after Christman [Dec. 26] they will do my first cataract surgery. The second one will be on Jan. 9. Our daughter a surgical nurse at the local hospital will have major foot surgery on Jan. 8

Ziggy

Oct 19, 2020
Maine, USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Since we are living with our daughter lots will be happening. My wife and I are limited tiring easily. Our unmarried granddaughter [age 23 on Dec. 12], who lives in the same house, has decorated the whole house with lights and wreaths and a huge tree covered with shiny things as well as lights. She will also be fixing an overwhelming traditional dinner for Christmas Day. She works full time at a daycare center for children but seems to never run out of energy. The day after Christman [Dec. 26] they will do my first cataract surgery. The second one will be on Jan. 9. Our daughter a surgical nurse at the local hospital will have major foot surgery on Jan. 8
That first part sounds Wonderful amadeus. I hope you have a beautiful christmas.
I'll make the turkey even though dad's trying to avoid a lot of meats right now.
The stuffing and potatoes and the cranberry sauce, not to leave out the gravy.. no way lol
But I don't do the decorations, I'm not really into holidays since my daughter was little. She's 43 now lol and my grandson is 22.
Time flies.
Oh to have that energy again, hard enough to shovel the deck nowadays.
My dad had his eyes done long time ago, my husband and his mother had them done as well.
My eye (1) used to be better than 20/20 but since last summer it's starting to get blurry all the time.
My other eye never worked from birth. Nothing they could do. It's something to do with the connection between the eye and the brain is seperated. And it's the right eye, so if I had to pluck it out I wouldn't be missing much LOL

(ok not funny)

I hope everything goes well and you have a happy and healthy new year.
It's good to hear you again my friend. I was gone awhile taking care of dad , and now he's pretty much settled in. Winter is here and things are pretty quiet.
I missed everybody..

HUGS

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
That first part sounds Wonderful amadeus. I hope you have a beautiful christmas.
I'll make the turkey even though dad's trying to avoid a lot of meats right now.
The stuffing and potatoes and the cranberry sauce, not to leave out the gravy.. no way lol
But I don't do the decorations, I'm not really into holidays since my daughter was little. She's 43 now lol and my grandson is 22.
Time flies.
Oh to have that energy again, hard enough to shovel the deck nowadays.
My dad had his eyes done long time ago, my husband and his mother had them done as well.
My eye (1) used to be better than 20/20 but since last summer it's starting to get blurry all the time.
My other eye never worked from birth. Nothing they could do. It's something to do with the connection between the eye and the brain is seperated. And it's the right eye, so if I had to pluck it out I wouldn't be missing much LOL

(ok not funny)

I hope everything goes well and you have a happy and healthy new year.
It's good to hear you again my friend. I was gone awhile taking care of dad , and now he's pretty much settled in. Winter is here and things are pretty quiet.
I missed everybody..

HUGS
Indeed it is good to hear from you as well. I am looking forward to the surgery as reading is really difficult for me now. In spite of it I spend my morning reading my Bibles. It simply takes longer than previously. At times I need to use my magnifying glass for some items. Everyone tells me my eyesight will improve 100 % with the surgery. God knows.

quietthinker

May 4, 2018
FNQ
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Indeed it is good to hear from you as well. I am looking forward to the surgery as reading is really difficult for me now. In spite of it I spend my morning reading my Bibles. It simply takes longer than previously. At times I need to use my magnifying glass for some items. Everyone tells me my eyesight will improve 100 % with the surgery. God knows.
With improved eyesight Amadeus, we might find you stirring the pot a bit more? :running:

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
With improved eyesight Amadeus, we might find you stirring the pot a bit more? :running:
Only God knows the final answer to that question. At age 80, I have other problems with mind and body. He is well able to overcome all hindrances, but since I am trying still to always move in accord with His will... we will have to wait and see.

Give God the glory!

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for sharing. I don't recall seeing that one before.

They used to insert it between full-length features on the Turner Classic Movies channel and it got to be so popular over the years that they actually started scheduling it.

It has an ensemble of wonderful character actors and has the distinction of depicting great devotion toward the newborn babe, which is an effective symbolic representation of the true Nativity story, and devoid of the usual commercial overtones.

It also has a play-by-play of a changed heart in the character of the innkeeper, played by the masterfully emotive J. Carrol Naish of radio's "Life Of Luigi" fame. :)

Merry Christmas to all! And particularly to you, my old friend.

• Love
Reactions: amadeus

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
They used to insert it between full-length features on the Turner Classic Movies channel and it got to be so popular over the years that they actually started scheduling it.

It has an ensemble of wonderful character actors and has the distinction of depicting great devotion toward the newborn babe, which is an effective symbolic representation of the true Nativity story, and devoid of the usual commercial overtones.

It also has a play-by-play of a changed heart in the character of the innkeeper, played by the masterfully emotive J. Carrol Naish of radio's "Life Of Luigi" fame. :)

Merry Christmas to all! And particularly to you, my old friend.
Thanks for the details, my friend. I remember J.Carrol Naish in a number of roles over the years.

• Love
Reactions: BarneyFife

BarneyFife

Dec 19, 2019
Central PA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Thanks for the details, my friend. I remember J.Carrol Naish in a number of roles over the years.

I used to be quite a devotee of the "Golden Age Of Hollywood."

Naish is a compelling character in the WWII North African campaign drama "Sahara" (1943),

starring my favorite actor, Humphrey Bogart, playing a captured Italian POW.

I'll stop derailing the thread now. ;)

For anyone who has an Amazon Prime membership, "The Bishop's Wife" (1947) is currently available for viewing for no extra charge. It is probably my favorite holiday movie. :)

• Love
Reactions: amadeus