Happy Mother's Day To all Mothers

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
And may God bless all women for their gifts that God has given them, as His special creation, though some are not mothers you also are honored today for the blessings you bring others through your own special gifts.
Do they also have a Father's day in the US? Ours in the UK will be in June.

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Do they also have a Father's day in the US? Ours in the UK will be in June.

I remember mothers day in England...our C of E Vicar sent all us choir kids out to pick bunches of primroses from the hedge rows, to give to the mothers the following day at church.

Yes our is late here, no idea why.
And yes, Fathers Day is in about a month. :)

As Stranger said...over here there is a special day for everything.
Not sure that we have a cats day, or dogs day...but pretty much everything else!! lol

Reactions: Pearl

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I remember mothers day in England...our C of E Vicar sent all us choir kids out to pick bunches of primroses from the hedge rows, to give to the mothers the following day at church.

Yes our is late here, no idea why.
And yes, Fathers Day is in about a month. :)

As Stranger said...over here there is a special day for everything.
Not sure that we have a cats day, or dogs day...but pretty much everything else!! lol
Our church used to give the mums - and all the women - a daffodil.

Reactions: Helen

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
Our church used to give the mums - and all the women - a daffodil.

My sister in law told me long back, that wild primroses and violets were pretty much extinct now in the "hedgerows" of England.
( do the farmers still "hedge and ditch" there )
I think she said they were going to bring the violets back from Canada (where someone about 30 yrs ago smuggled the tiny wild ones over, when they emigrated...illegally) But, thankfully they are trying to repopulate England once again from them.

Not sure if she read it or saw it on TV.

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
My sister in law told me long back, that wild primroses and violets were pretty much extinct now in the "hedgerows" of England.
( do the farmers still "hedge and ditch" there )
I think she said they were going to bring the violets back from Canada (where someone about 30 yrs ago smuggled the tiny wild ones over, when they emigrated...illegally) But, thankfully they are trying to repopulate England once again from them.

Not sure if she read it or saw it on TV.
I think some land owners still do hedging and ditching - I learned about hat in school. And we have primroses in our garden and there is a bank of them in our park. I have never seen violets growing wild but again, we have loads in our garden all self-seeded from one tiny plant. I always used to buy my grandma a little bunch of violets on mothers day and she'd always pin it to her dress. Never see them for sale any more.

Reactions: Helen

farouk

Jan 21, 2009
North America
I think some land owners still do hedging and ditching - I learned about hat in school. And we have primroses in our garden and there is a bank of them in our park. I have never seen violets growing wild but again, we have loads in our garden all self-seeded from one tiny plant. I always used to buy my grandma a little bunch of violets on mothers day and she'd always pin it to her dress. Never see them for sale any more.
Violet was even a common name for girls, years ago.

Reactions: Pearl

Helen

Oct 22, 2011
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada

Trouble is..the cultivated ones do not SMELL...how can it BE a violet ...that doesn't smell of violets :(