Has a Christian essentially DENIED the faith if they're constantly jerks to others?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Probably.

The two most important things that Jesus wants are for people to love God and to love one another. As Jesus said, what one does to another they also do to him!

One person knows the scriptures by heart and perfectly understands all scripture yet, they frequently belittle and disparage others. The next person knows very little scripture but is virtually always kind to others and bites their tongue and turns the other cheek as Christ commanded. Who is the more faithful follower of Christ? Who is more pleasing to Christ?

Put your legalisms and doctrines to the side and just love others. If you want to please Christ, do that!

May God bless you all!

Reactions: MatthewG

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The two most important things that Jesus wants are for people to love God and to love one another.

I wonder when Jesus wants us to love God? While we are still alive and living on the earth or after we have been judged wanting in the GWTR judgement and have been dispatched to the Lake of Fire?

Not giving the right answer to this question is considered to be not loving of others.

I wonder which is the right answer based on our theology.

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question, Patrick

My desire is to teach ultimatlry and reading second cirinthians last night there was a verse that stated “i believe. Therefore speak”, depending on the subject matter the truth to me is important. Therefore i speak and use scripture to share with others to consider, there have een tines where i have demeaned someone, the holy spirit lets me know, there been times i didnt care and was angry. Thank Yahava for disicipling his children and pruning us back.

Truth is important, but so is love and when it comes to being on the proving ground of the reality of life one must choose will they rely on the spirit and does this individual that I am with care enough about these things and are willingly to talk about them or not comes into play.

One thing i am thankful for is the blood is not on our hands like Ezekiel. Loving God and loving others is important, and reading and studying the bible too is also important to fortify faith and also bring awareness of what is possible by the spirit while also addressing the history of what one is reading by its context.

That is simply my two cents and people may see differently.

Reactions: Patrick1966

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Good question, Patrick

My desire is to teach ultimatlry and reading second cirinthians last night there was a verse that stated “i believe. Therefore speak”, depending on the subject matter the truth to me is important. Therefore i speak and use scripture to share with others to consider, there have een tines where i have demeaned someone, the holy spirit lets me know, there been times i didnt care and was angry. Thank Yahava for disicipling his children and pruning us back.

Truth is important, but so is love and when it comes to being on the proving ground of the reality of life one must choose will they rely on the spirit and does this individual that I am with care enough about these things and are willingly to talk about them or not comes into play.

One thing i am thankful for is the blood is not on our hands like Ezekiel. Loving God and loving others is important, and reading and studying the bible too is also important to fortify faith and also bring awareness of what is possible by the spirit while also addressing the history of what one is reading by its context.

That is simply my two cents and people may see differently.

You're definitely going straight to Hell for having that opinion.

Just Kidding Wink.gif

• Haha

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I sometimes forget myself and may be less-than-kind to another and then come on here and discuss the word of God. Yes, I am a hypocrite. And that's why I posted, what good is it to know the word but then not follow it?

Banging Head against the wall gif.gif

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
At all times.

But that is not your message here on this forum. You profess to a universal theology that says that you can be saved even after you are dispatched into the Lake of Fire which is the second death, but even the second death is dispatched into the lake of fire.

I love my dog and hope that she loves me in return (she does!).

But the dog will also still bite you if you treat it badly.

You can tell a lot about the master of the dog from the way the dog behaves.

Somehow, I sense that you did not understand what I had posted.

God does draw us while we are still alive and kicking, but when the kicking stops, our important choices are permanent. Wisdom would suggest that our hunger for God does not miraculously appear after we have stopped kicking.

• Wow

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Might as well go through the fire here, by the holy spirit and fire baptism by Jesus Christ, rather than later, @Jay Ross

MatthewG

Apr 21, 2021
Fyffe
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
I often felt anything but love in forums. In Christian forums I feel that people should be more loving and more respectful. There have been many times that I have written something out of pain in my own life, only to have people comment in a way that added to that pain. An example of this happened to me several weeks ago. I was invited to join another Christian forum. When I joined it I was also thinking about how I don't have a Church home. I really want a Church home, but there has been many many many problems that have convinced me and my parents that we don't have a local church to be apart of. I tried to talk about this problem, and right away someone told me that I'm sinning and need to repent. Then on top of that I was selfish, and prideful etc. It became apparent that I was already the punching bag of that community. The result is I had to leave. I just couldn't keep trying to reason with them! My story is long, and it's hard to tell in a short paragraph. Sometimes I feel like Christians make a world that they want to keep others out of. If you don't fit what they think is right, then they want to kick you out. But they don't want to take the time to get to know me first. In my opinion this is absolutely wrong.

Have you ever had a good experience in any church you ever went to AlwaysonaJourney? It sounds like you have had terrible experiences.

My experience is that through-out my going in and out of churches, they never taught me anything, and therefore I never felt as though that is where I belonged. It really only after 26 years of just beliving in God by not knowing him, that something in my heart was drawn more to learning, who the Lord was, because of someone talking to me about the parables of Jesus. Carl gave me a bible, and then I wanted to learn more and watched some youtube channel Paul Washer, and he was sincere but talked about a very wrathful God, and that turned me into ... well I know there is something wrong with my heart, and even though I am hearing this Jesus is the only one to ever heal. There I went and grabbed up a bible and started reading and doing it by myself, then after praying for God to help me with a teacher so that I could understand, that is when it became clear.

God is real (atleast I believe so in faith). He does love you and me, and he sent his son for the just and the unjust, and the context and the contents of history, were all made known to me, and that just helped overall put my trust and faith in Yahava, and Yeshua.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
But that is not your message here on this forum. You profess to a universal theology that says that you can be saved even after you are dispatched into the Lake of Fire which is the second death, but even the second death is dispatched into the lake of fire.

But the dog will also still bite you if you treat it badly.

You can tell a lot about the master of the dog from the way the dog behaves.

Somehow, I sense that you did not understand what I had posted.

God does draw us while we are still alive and kicking, but when the kicking stops, our important choices are permanent. Wisdom would suggest that our hunger for God does not miraculously appear after we have stopped kicking.

You're totally off-topic.

Ritajanice

Staff member
Encounter Team
Mar 9, 2023
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Don’t you think it takes times for that old man to die?

We are being made into the image of Christ.....some are more in the flesh than others, what say you?

Doesn’t the Holy Spirit work in his children at his rate?

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Don’t you think it takes times for that old man to die?

We are being made into the image of Christ.....some are more in the flesh than others, what say you?

Doesn’t the Holy Spirit work in his children at his rate?

It apparently takes into the afterlife for many or maybe even "most" to be saved. We are most fortunate and blessed to receive faith and salvation in this life.

Jay Ross

Jun 20, 2011
QLD
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
You're totally off-topic.

Really, Patrick, is that the only rebuttal you have. I am on point with respect to this thread. Someone who pushes a very different theology to the one that I have presented is a real jerk to others and does not love his brethren, because his purpose is to mislead them.

You claim that I have presented: -
More false doctrine.

but the truth of the matter is that you are the one who is presenting the false doctrine with your smooth talk.

Your true master will cause you much suffering as it seems that you have already taking his mark.

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Your true master will cause you much suffering as it seems that you have already taking his mark.
Jesus is going to torture me for believing what the Bible teaches? Jesus is going to torture me for sharing my belief that he is all loving, powerful, merciful, and capable of bringing ALL who ever lived to follow him?

I created this thread to say that it's meaningless to know the scriptures and then treat our brothers and sisters harshly. You responded by accusing me of taking the mark and said that Jesus will cause me to suffer greatly.

jesus-weeping-766878.jpg

Patrick1966

Dec 21, 2022
Orlando, Florida
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Last year I was on another Christian Forum Chat site, and when I tried to talk about my problems, I got met with some really hard comments. In other words I would of preferred comfort but instead they gave me a "stone and a snake".

Here is why I used the words "stone and snake".

Matthew 7:9-12

7 “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8 For everyone who asks receives; the one who seeks finds; and to the one who knocks, the door will be opened.

9 “Which of you, if your son asks for bread, will give him a stone? 10 Or if he asks for a fish, will give him a snake? 11 If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him! 12 So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.

So I finally asked them, why are they responding to me in this way? One of the guys said He was giving me "tough love". I wanted to know how He justified it, and He quoted about how Jesus gave the pharisees tough love by overturning the tables! I tried to reply by saying, I can understand how a parent might give a kid some tough love, if He's been out drinking and driving. He might need to serve time in jail. But that parent at least knows what the kid needs, because He knows the kid! Whereas you don't even know me, nor have you even tried to get to know me first. I can't remember how things went after that. But I'm sure the come back would be, "Jesus never tried to get to know anyone before He said what He said, did what He did." The come back for that would be, "Jesus is God therefor He knows everything about all of us!"

Months later I was listening to a speaker on the C.S. Lewis Institute. He made a comment like this: God gives us tough love sometimes. But as humans we need to be careful when using tough love, because when it is done wrongly it can severely damage a person. God knows us on the inside therefor He knows what we need. We as humans can't see the inside of a person, therefor we often haft to use guesswork. That is why we need to error on the side of caution, and use tough love sparingly.

Great post.

Most Christians believe in a false Jesus that tortures most of humanity forever.

FB_IMG_1685824947991.jpg