Has anyone here ever exp'd a false prophet?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

jerryjohnson

Nov 6, 2009
Has anyone here ever exp'd a false prophet?Yes, right here on christianityboard. Many of them! Some are gone some are still here.Added:2Ti 2:15 Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.

Jimmy Engle

Jun 17, 2009
New York
Miss Hepburn;74994][COLOR=Purple]Again said:
for someone else[/U] -saying things like "people don't want God--- they are accepting Jesus so they can have something---people are coming to Jesus because----" as if he is the spokesman of their heart -I'm sorry I can't take them too seriously. It shouts of presumption. I don't "mean" to offend you - yet I probably am.I can tell you have a good heart, Jimmy and many things you say are true.Jimmy -could you make some indentations or spaces -the type all together and small like that is hard for my old eyes to read.ThanksTake care,Miss Hepburn[/COLOR]
Yeah I realized that my post was hard to read after posting my last response so I will make sure to break it up more so it will be much easier to read hahaha.I agree with the point you are making that I cannot assume or know what is in someone's heart or what they are thinking. But what I am most concerned about is that I believe people should come to Christ for the right reasons and not just to have a better life. The bible says it all and the prosperity gospel that is being preached today is not the gospel and it's not the people's fault why this is happening all over but it is that fault of pastor's, preacher's, and evangelists. It is sad to see and it's pathetic. It just hurts to watch people fall victims to this false preaching of the gospel. It is our job to make sure what people are preaching is true by checking it through God's word. Every time someone comes to me and says something that I am not sure about I always go to the Bible to confirm what they said. We should all seek the truth so we can conform to it.:)

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
What kind of life do you think He suffered and died for us "for" then?
An eternal one with Him. And a temoral one of peace of mind.
Was it only for us to go to Heaven after our death? Was it more than that?
To have peace and reasurance in this world no matter what happens.
Was it for us to suffer also in His Footsteps - not living in abundance John 10:10?
What kind of abundance? Gold? Mansions? a private Jet? Or an abundance of Love and peace and strengh of purpose.
Was it only to set us free in the afterlife?
"Only"... ?
Was His yoke not meant to be easy?
Yes it is easy. We have been given a gift of eternity, We do not have to earn it. Jesus has born our burden and has made atonement for us. This is a modern parable. Not sure who wrote it. might have been a guy named Ray Comfort. i am not sure but it is worth a read.
“Two men are seated in a plane. The first is given a parachute and told to put is on as it would improve his flight. He’s a little skeptical at first because he can’t see how wearing a parachute in a plane could possibly improve the flight. After a time he decides to experiment and see if the claim is true. As he puts it on he notices the weight of it upon his shoulders and he finds that he has difficulty in sitting upright. However, he consoles himself with the fact that he was told the parachute would improve the flight. So, he decides to give the thing a little time. As he waits he notices that some of the other passengers are laughing at him, because he’s wearing a parachute in a plane. He begins to feel somewhat humiliated. As they begin to point and laugh at him and he can stand it no longer, he slinks in his seat, unstraps the parachute, and throws it to the floor. Disillusionment and bitterness fill his heart, because, as far as he was concerned, he was told an outright lie.“The second man is given a parachute, but listen to what he’s told. He’s told to put it on because at any moment he’d be jumping 25,000 feet out of the plane. He gratefully puts the parachute on; he doesn’t notice the weight of it upon his shoulders, nor that he can’t sit upright. His mind is consumed with the thought of what would happen to him if he jumped without that parachute.“Let’s analyze the motive and the result of each passenger’s experience. The first man’s motive for putting the parachute on was solely to improve his flight. The result of his experience was that he was humiliated by the passengers; he was disillusioned and somewhat embittered against those who gave him the parachute. As far as he’s concerned it’ll be a long time before anyone gets one of those things on his back again. The second man put the parachute on solely to escape the jump to come, and because of his knowledge of what would happen to him without it, he has a deep-rooted joy and peace in his heart knowing that he’s saved from sure death. This knowledge gives him the ability to withstand the mockery of the other passengers. His attitude towards those who gave him the parachute is one of heart-felt gratitude"
I am not a fan of the prosperity doctrine. When it comes to material things Jesus never promised His followers material riches in this life. He actualy warned them that they would be hated and rejected by the world for their loyalty to Him.1 Timothy 63 If anyone teaches otherwise and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which accords with godliness, 4 he is proud, knowing nothing, but is obsessed with disputes and arguments over words, from which come envy, strife, reviling, evil suspicions, 5 useless wranglings of men of corrupt minds and destitute of the truth, who suppose that godliness is a means of gain. From such withdraw yourself.6 Now godliness with contentment is great gain. 7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. 8 And having food and clothing, with these we shall be content. food and clothing.... Paul did not seem to be a prosperity teacher.All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adstar;75048]What kind of abundance? Gold? Mansions? a private Jet? Or an abundance of Love and peace and strengh of purpose............................................................"Only"... ? ............................................................ I am not a fan of the prosperity doctrine. When it comes to material things Jesus never promised His followers material riches in this life. [/QUOTE]....................................................................................................[COLOR=Purple]Hi Adstar said:
abundance[/I] ---I say 'abundance until it overflows'- (AMP)- in everything - love, laughter, peace, wealth, health ---actually I read that as no limits - just as my Lord is Limitless and Boundless and a Father that gives and gives.Some interpret scriptures for their soul's journey as to live in poverty.Other's interpret scripture for their soul's path as limitless wealth, health, joy, success in relationships at work and home and finding the perfect parking space.I say -each is correct - for them. You said you are not a fan of the prosperity doctrine. That's your perogative."Prosperity doctrine" is a label (like the label "liberal" meant only to create more separations) put onto the teachings of some pastors that want to tear down the "oh-poor-defeated-me-thinking"... that, "No, you are a child of a Great Father that loves you. If you asked a father for bread would he give a stone?" Yes, Jesus was talking to the Disciples that they would be rejected, etc. (you mentioned)And at the same time He would say - Do not worry, do not be concerned about your food and shelter, ask whatever you desire in my name, believe and receive.OT - Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.Stay your mind on me and I will give you perfect peace...One of pure logic was from St. Paul - "He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all - how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? " Rom 8:32Again, the Lord is like a huge Diamond -He has many sides and no side is not Him and no side is better than another. I personally am done with the "oh poor lowly me" attitude.You quoted - some think godliness is a means of gain -I lost the quote, sorry (Timothy?) I must split hairs here - godliness is not in gain or possesions -if one thinks that, they are wrong. -This, however, does not imply that "gain" in whatever arena is bad or ungodly. It would be ungodly to think that godliness was a means for (to) gain. The 'austere, poverty consciouness that each wave that comes and I get the flu again attitude' is not for me anymore.I am strong and clear that I am an inheritor of God's Promises...which include abundance in every way, period.Did I and others come to the Lord because of some promises we heard? Because of some financial prosperties ??? (As was mentioned was a fear of Jimmy's?) Well, let me say - God drew me to Him ---not the other way around. And it wasn't FEAR that drew me!!! Ha! First came the "unworthy" space and the dropping to my knees. I blossomed and now know who I am - my blossom doesn't hang it's head. It lifts happily and joyously to the Sun accepting all the love in whatever form it comes. You quoted - some think gain is godliness ---I lost the quote, sorry (Timothy?) I must split hairs here - godliness is not in gain or possesions -if one thinks that they are wrong. ---This, however, does not imply that "gain" in whatever arena is bad or ungodly ----do you see the difference?Do others want to label me following some prosperity doctrine sometimes---not in the circles I hang with - they have gotten off their medications, walk in positivity and hope for and receive more job opportunities. If some have their sights set on jets - I don't care ----when I look at them my focus is off God. It's that simple.Thanks,:) Miss Hepburn[/COLOR]

mjrhealth

Mar 15, 2009
Australia
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Jesus wasnt saying that they where claiming to be the Christ, but claiming that He ,"Jesus", was the Christ, but teaching a false gospel. And the false prophets are easy to spot, they are rich, tell lovely tales of how God is going to bless you, that everything is going to be all right, and usuallly have the biggest followings, where the real prophets get kicked out, abused, and disregarded because they come to speak the truth not fables for those who have itchy ears.In His Love

Moses

Oct 7, 2009
mjrhealth;75083]Jesus wasnt saying that they where claiming to be the Christ said:
Very well put mjrhealth. The problem, as I see it, I don't think most churches could handle hearing the truth. That is why true prophets are treated they way they are. Miss Hepburn: I've never exposed a "false prophet," but I've heard too many who claim to be a prophet who aren't. I definitely have "experienced" some though.Moses

Adstar

Sep 17, 2009
Miss Hepburn;75052]....................................................................................................[COLOR=Purple]Hi Adstar said:
abundance[/I] ---I say 'abundance until it overflows'- (AMP)- in everything - love, laughter, peace, wealth, health ---actually I read that as no limits - just as my Lord is Limitless and Boundless and a Father that gives and gives.Some interpret scriptures for their soul's journey as to live in poverty.Other's interpret scripture for their soul's path as limitless wealth, health, joy, success in relationships at work and home and finding the perfect parking space.I say -each is correct - for them. You said you are not a fan of the prosperity doctrine. That's your perogative."Prosperity doctrine" is a label (like the label "liberal" meant only to create more separations) put onto the teachings of some pastors that want to tear down the "oh-poor-defeated-me-thinking"... that, "No, you are a child of a Great Father that loves you. If you asked a father for bread would he give a stone?" Yes, Jesus was talking to the Disciples that they would be rejected, etc. (you mentioned)And at the same time He would say - Do not worry, do not be concerned about your food and shelter, ask whatever you desire in my name, believe and receive.OT - Delight in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart.Stay your mind on me and I will give you perfect peace...One of pure logic was from St. Paul - "He who did not spare his own Son, but gave him up for us all - how will he not also, along with him, graciously give us all things? " Rom 8:32Again, the Lord is like a huge Diamond -He has many sides and no side is not Him and no side is better than another. I personally am done with the "oh poor lowly me" attitude.You quoted - some think godliness is a means of gain -I lost the quote, sorry (Timothy?) I must split hairs here - godliness is not in gain or possesions -if one thinks that, they are wrong. -This, however, does not imply that "gain" in whatever arena is bad or ungodly. It would be ungodly to think that godliness was a means for (to) gain. The 'austere, poverty consciouness that each wave that comes and I get the flu again attitude' is not for me anymore.I am strong and clear that I am an inheritor of God's Promises...which include abundance in every way, period.Did I and others come to the Lord because of some promises we heard? Because of some financial prosperties ??? (As was mentioned was a fear of Jimmy's?) Well, let me say - God drew me to Him ---not the other way around. And it wasn't FEAR that drew me!!! Ha! First came the "unworthy" space and the dropping to my knees. I blossomed and now know who I am - my blossom doesn't hang it's head. It lifts happily and joyously to the Sun accepting all the love in whatever form it comes. You quoted - some think gain is godliness ---I lost the quote, sorry (Timothy?) I must split hairs here - godliness is not in gain or possesions -if one thinks that they are wrong. ---This, however, does not imply that "gain" in whatever arena is bad or ungodly ----do you see the difference?Do others want to label me following some prosperity doctrine sometimes---not in the circles I hang with - they have gotten off their medications, walk in positivity and hope for and receive more job opportunities. If some have their sights set on jets - I don't care ----when I look at them my focus is off God. It's that simple.Thanks,:) Miss Hepburn[/COLOR]
I cannot relate to this:
"oh-poor-defeated-me-thinking"...
I am not a loser. I am an ultimate eternal Winner, i have victory over death. But i will leave it there. All Praise The Ancient Of Days

Miss Hepburn

Oct 28, 2009
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Adstar;75130]I cannot relate to this:I am not a loser. I am an ultimate eternal Winner said:
Oh I was not referring to you at all. I was speaking generally about some people. Sorry. I'm glad you said something so I could clarify.And you are exactly correct and I'm glad you know this - yay -you are indeed a winner and victor.Me, too.:)