has God been mad at me?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
as a teenager i used to have prophetic dreams. i saw the great white throne. i saw me and others being allowed into heaven.
i had a dream about running from those who would try to give me the Mark

i no longer have these dreams since adulthood. it makes me feel punished because i feel up and down.
i am also an outcast in the church

Pearl

Staff member
Encounter Team
Apr 9, 2019
Lancashire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
as a teenager i used to have prophetic dreams. i saw the great white throne. i saw me and others being allowed into heaven.
i had a dream about running from those who would try to give me the Mark

i no longer have these dreams since adulthood. it makes me feel punished because i feel up and down.
I think only you can answer that question as only you can know where you stand with God right now. I don't believe God punishes us but if we err we have to take the consequences. And if you're basing your concern on the fact you haven't had any God dreams lately then please don't. God can give and God can take away. Are you sure their is no unconfessed sin in your life; like unforgiveness? We can't make God speak to us through dreams or any other way but if we keep close and keep our inner ears open we will hear him when he does.

Mayflower

Jul 14, 2018
Bluffton
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Fear is a great deceiver. It clouds the mind. Makes everything unclear. Perfect love casts out fear...hard to remember and abide in sometimes. Had this dream one time...

Dream. I was driving mostly in this dream. I was in wide open fields, beautiful day. Just went for a good long drive in my dream last night. Saw a tornado in the distance on one side of the field, but it was a beautiful day. I was safe.So then I pulled into this grassy area with other cars. There were tons of people around and this covered open area people were going to. My husband was in the passenger side with me, and he got out and headed for the covered area.

Then out next door neighbor walked up to the car. overweight, super nice man. Opened the car door for me to get out. I was driving, but then it looked like I was on the passenger side being let out even though my husband just got out that way. (Like I scooted from driver side to passenger side to get out, even though I opened the drivers door also). My neighbor started talking to me. I can't remember exactly what he said. But it was about how this woman from my church was dying because of word of faith teaching, not taking the proper precautions/misunderstanding what was being taught. Then he just went for the covered building too. I was tempted to go to the field (where the tornado was headed), but followed them to the covering also.

The covering is abiding in the Word of God. Speaking God's Word does bring revelation, but in order to live and do greater things, one must abide in God's Word and stand on those promises. When fear comes, use scriptures as a weapon. Believe them. When sickness comes, keep praying those healing scriptures. When the enemy threatens condemnation and destruction, you put him under your feet.

It is so hard sometimes. But just keep repeating it till revelation comes. Fake it till you make. Believe it. Abide in it.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Reactions: Nancy and Pearl

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
those dreams made me feel special.
i never feared them. i fear life now more than i feared those dreams.

Nancy

Staff member
Apr 30, 2018
Buffalo, Ny
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Perhaps the dreams became more important to you than God himself.
Good point Pat, I think sometimes we do not recognize when this happens, but very well pointed out!
xo

Reactions: Pearl

lilygrace

Dec 22, 2020
philadelphia
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
thats a strange accusation. im not mad but i feel mostly people type stuff that might as well be qwertyuiop just to post something.
no, these dreams arent more important to God but its just an example or possible evidence of some fruit. or comfort. etc.

Reactions: Nancy

Mosheli

Jul 2, 2020
Wellington
Faith
Christian
Country
New Zealand
has god been mad at me?

It is not right that/if you are an outcast in the church! Jesus Commanded believers/christians/messianics/brethren/disciples to love one another, and "as you did to the least of these so you did to me". (See my recent CB blog post on loving one another.) This is not your fault it is the other christians/churches wrong.

I used to feel/think God is punishing me, though in the last one to couple/few years I don't so much think/feel that, except that I do still keep wondering why God won't answer prayers and stop some of the constant daily mean cruel hell wrongs and I keep feeling like it must be my fault and the only thing I can thikn of is maybe it is because I don't have faith and don't control my mouth from speaking/writing negative. Nothing pleases God except faith, and James 1 says we can't expect anything from God if we don't have faith without wavering.
Also, there is supposed to be no condemnation in Christ. If we accept and have faith in Jesus and died & buried & rose with/in/through him then we have forgiven and have no fear.

I don't believe God punishes us but if we err we have to take the consequences. .... Are you sure their is no unconfessed sin in your life; like unforgiveness?

We do suffer consequences. And God allows tests/trials. But if God forgives us we shouldn't be suffering mean cruel "consequences".
The latter sounds abit like Job's comforters.

i fear life now more than i feared those dreams.

I also fear this life/world/regime, though we are supposed to fear God and not these other things.
I've had dreams in the past where I was afraid and cried out to God/Jesus in the dream.
I think heavy metals like in water and in mercury fillings semeingly caused some out of body experiences & dreams I had years ago.
Fluoridation apparently/seemingly might also effect the pineal gland and effect dreams.
"Love casts our fear".
Be ware that dreams might not be from God. If any spirit doesn't confess Jesus then they are not of him.

no, these dreams arent more important to God but its just an example or possible evidence of some fruit. or comfort. etc.

This is similar to me. We can't expect signs like the Jews did. But we do need some positives not just words, though God is the source.

Fear is a great deceiver. It clouds the mind. Makes everything unclear. Perfect love casts out fear...hard to remember and abide in sometimes. ....

But it was about how this woman from my church was dying because of word of faith teaching, not taking the proper precautions/misunderstanding what was being taught. .... I was tempted to go to the field (where the tornado was headed), but followed them to the covering also.

The covering is abiding in the Word of God. Speaking God's Word does bring revelation, but in order to live and do greater things, one must abide in God's Word and stand on those promises. When fear comes, use scriptures as a weapon. Believe them. When sickness comes, keep praying those healing scriptures. When the enemy threatens condemnation and destruction, you put him under your feet.

It is so hard sometimes. But just keep repeating it till revelation comes. Fake it till you make. Believe it. Abide in it.

"For God so loved the world, that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life." John 3:16

Yes there is truth there, but I wonder if there is more than just that. Its not just what we say/write (or believe) but what we both believe and confess/work. But in my own situation this is not enough. It is impossible for me to believe and confess when suffering such long ongoing constant daily mean cruel hell wrongs and all negatives and no positives. The bible/words is just not strong/real enough positive here and now to counter the very real quantity and quality negatives here and now. So I wonder if just having to believe and confess is even possible or enough by itself. Or how to make the belief/love of Jesus strong enough to be able to believe it against the negatives.

JPPT1974

Flowers of May
Staff member
Encounter Team
Jan 23, 2012
East TN
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
So sorry you feel that way. As really God is never an angry God. He is a loving and just God. Christians are suppose to love not hate. But sadly churches are not perfect. Need to find someone that will have loving, caring, kind believers. May need to move to another church. Be praying for you!