The Two Witnesses, were witnesses to the light (the dream of light, the vision of light) (telling?)

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
Hi there,

So there is a little bit of speculation about who the Two Witnesses were - indeed you are free to ask the Holy Spirit, if you would like - but I thought it might help to just contextualize their ministry a little. The Two Witnesses were witnesses of the Light. There were two angles taken with this witness, one, was the witness to the dream of light; two, there was the witness to the vision of the light. Now the former is grounded, in the Earth, and brings to itself all reflection that edifies the Earth and has a place on it - this is good for conviction, but also work (which abound in Grace, the Grace of God). The latter is Heavenly, and concerns the stars, which are arranged of God for signs and seasons, thus it brings to a head all meaning and the dispensation of it. These two combined, concern the Spirit and the Great Witness that is to come, for the purpose of inviting men in to the Mystery of God.

What we learn from Revelation is that men hate the light of the Two Witnesses, essentially meaning they hate dreams and visions! If a heart is open to dreams and visions however, they are much more likely to accept the Lord - remember He said "if they keep My Word, they will keep your word also"? The point being, whatever we have of the Lord, the Lord is able to use it, to our Salvation. As Jesus said "you need to receive Heaven as a little child, to enter the kingdom of Heaven" (we don't need to be completely as a child, but to "receive" it as a child). Thus when we receive dreams and visions, we are receiving Heaven. Heaven in turn can be used to convict us.

Revelation goes further than that, though. It says that if anyone wants to kill the Two Witnesses, they must be killed in like manner. What does this mean? It means the dreams and visions that the Two Witnesses are convicted of, are protected. If someone tries to take away your dreams and visions, they will be subject to the same death (for our spirit dies if we are without dreams and visions, because we have no hope). In this the work of the Two Witnesses is establsihed, because men realise that they have a way forward with the conviction dreams and visions bring - if only they can endure the Revelation, to gain the conviction they need. The Holy Spirit Himself will intercede, to see that dreams and visions will be fulfilled, so the message is not left behind, now that the Two Witnesses are gone.

So what should we be doing, as a Church? We should be praying for dreams and visions to flourish! I hope this has been of some encouragement to you.

God bless.

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

So there is a little bit of speculation about who the Two Witnesses were - indeed you are free to ask the Holy Spirit, if you would like - but I thought it might help to just contextualize their ministry a little. The Two Witnesses were witnesses of the Light. There were two angles taken with this witness, one, was the witness to the dream of light; two, there was the witness to the vision of the light. Now the former is grounded, in the Earth, and brings to itself all reflection that edifies the Earth and has a place on it - this is good for conviction, but also work (which abound in Grace, the Grace of God). The latter is Heavenly, and concerns the stars, which are arranged of God for signs and seasons, thus it brings to a head all meaning and the dispensation of it. These two combined, concern the Spirit and the Great Witness that is to come, for the purpose of inviting men in to the Mystery of God.

What we learn from Revelation is that men hate the light of the Two Witnesses, essentially meaning they hate dreams and visions! If a heart is open to dreams and visions however, they are much more likely to accept the Lord - remember He said "if they keep My Word, they will keep your word also"? The point being, whatever we have of the Lord, the Lord is able to use it, to our Salvation. As Jesus said "you need to receive Heaven as a little child, to enter the kingdom of Heaven" (we don't need to be completely as a child, but to "receive" it as a child). Thus when we receive dreams and visions, we are receiving Heaven. Heaven in turn can be used to convict us.

Revelation goes further than that, though. It says that if anyone wants to kill the Two Witnesses, they must be killed in like manner. What does this mean? It means the dreams and visions that the Two Witnesses are convicted of, are protected. If someone tries to take away your dreams and visions, they will be subject to the same death (for our spirit dies if we are without dreams and visions, because we have no hope). In this the work of the Two Witnesses is establsihed, because men realise that they have a way forward with the conviction dreams and visions bring - if only they can endure the Revelation, to gain the conviction they need. The Holy Spirit Himself will intercede, to see that dreams and visions will be fulfilled, so the message is not left behind, now that the Two Witnesses are gone.

So what should we be doing, as a Church? We should be praying for dreams and visions to flourish! I hope this has been of some encouragement to you.

God bless.
The (Two Witnesses) of Revelation Chapter 11 will be literal prophets returned, they will bring literal plagues upon this literal earth,, they will have literal physical bodies that die, and their bodies will lay in a literal street in Jerusalem

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
The (Two Witnesses) of Revelation Chapter 11 will be literal prophets returned, they will bring literal plagues upon this literal earth,, they will have literal physical bodies that die, and their bodies will lay in a literal street in Jerusalem
And what do you think that means we ought to pray, brother?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
And what do you think that means we ought to pray, brother?
I Don't understand your statement, pray what?

I gave my explanation and belief concerning Revelation Chapter 11 and the (Two Witnesses) pretty simple

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
I Don't understand your statement, pray what?

I gave my explanation and belief concerning Revelation Chapter 11 and the (Two Witnesses) pretty simple
If you understand the Two Witnesses, you know what to pray.

Therefore I asked, "what is it we should pray, according to what you know about the Two Witnesses?"

I'm not saying "your understanding is of no effect", I am saying "there is more to your understanding, than what you have comprehended"?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If you understand the Two Witnesses, you know what to pray.

Therefore I asked, "what is it we should pray, according to what you know about the Two Witnesses?"

I'm not saying "your understanding is of no effect", I am saying "there is more to your understanding, than what you have comprehended"?
We Disagree, the scripture is very clear and simple regarding Revelation 11:1-15

Jesus Is The Lord

Gottservant

Oct 19, 2022
Greensborough
Faith
Christian
Country
Australia
We Disagree, the scripture is very clear and simple regarding Revelation 11:1-15

Jesus Is The Lord
You need to pray always, but not about what you choose not to?

I don't care if you say "pray for the Moon and the Stars" that would be better than you complaining that you don't see it explicitly in the text?

Truth7t7

Jan 2, 2014
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You need to pray always, but not about what you choose not to?

I don't care if you say "pray for the Moon and the Stars" that would be better than you complaining that you don't see it explicitly in the text?
Revelation 11:1-15KJV

No complaints here, I have shared several times that I see literally (Two Witnesses) that bring literal plagues on this earth, just like Moses and Aaron

I see (Two Witnesses) that have literal bodies that die, and lay in a literal street in Jerusalem, as a literal world watches in celebration of their death, it's that simple

Last edited:

Ronald Nolette

Aug 24, 2020
South Carolina
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Hi there,

God bless.
Well dreams and visions are only as valid as they conform to the word of God as written. You have spiritualized the fact that the two witnesses are simply two Jewish witnesses. angels do not die!