Has God ever warned you of something bad?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

amadeus

Jan 26, 2008
Oklahoma
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, sister, but remember also there are the warnings giving us the opportunity to avoid the calamity as well as warnings to simply be prepared to go through it because it is going to happen:

"And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass." Gen. 41:32

Berserk

Apr 13, 2019
Colville
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(1) a premonition that my friend Dallas would be accidentally killed if he joined his friends on a hunting adventure the next day: In vain I pled with him not to go, but he wouldn't listen and was killed just as God revealed to me.

(2) a premonition that my friend Ted would imminently be killed: he died the next day when Ken (who was driving Ted to Ohio for Christmas vacation) lost control of his car on a New Jersey onramp and hit a pole.
(3) a dream premonition that my life was in danger: My car conked out the next day on a New Jersey freeway near Newark during rush hour traffic. It was providential that I even escaped speeding traffic to get off the freeway and my car was immediately totaled from the rear. My 2 Princeton seminary friends, Peter and Mike, both had dream premonitions of pending disaster the night prior and these dreams opened their hearts to drive up to pick me up after my breakdown.
(4) a June Friday premonition as a theology professor that someone affecting my life was about to die. God implanted the question, "Would I be willing to sacrifice my summer plans to meet this unexpected need?" As I was about to leave my apartment to get a restaurant breakfast, God shouted at me to sit down and await the related phone call. The phone rang at once. Dr. Whelan (the chair of our summer MA program in Theology called to tell me that Prof. Corcoran had suddenly died in bed just as he was scheduled to teach an MA course in Pauline Theology. Dr. Whelan explained that the students were waiting and that I was the only available professor trained to teach that course without notice. I agreed to cancel my summer vacation plans and teach that course because I felt divinely called by my premonition to do so.

I've experienced several other manifestations of "the word of knowledge" () that didn't involve someone about to die.

Mantis

Nov 2, 2020
The wilderness
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
(1) a premonition that my friend Dallas would be accidentally killed if he joined his friends on a hunting adventure the next day: In vain I pled with him not to go, but he wouldn't listen and was killed just as God revealed to me.

(2) a premonition that my friend Ted would imminently be killed: he died the next day when Ken (who was driving Ted to Ohio for Christmas vacation) lost control of his car on a New Jersey onramp and hit a pole.
(3) a dream premonition that my life was in danger: My car conked out the next day on a New Jersey freeway near Newark during rush hour traffic. It was providential that I even escaped speeding traffic to get off the freeway and my car was immediately totaled from the rear. My 2 Princeton seminary friends, Peter and Mike, both had dream premonitions of pending disaster the night prior and these dreams opened their hearts to drive up to pick me up after my breakdown.
(4) a June Friday premonition as a theology professor that someone affecting my life was about to die. God implanted the question, "Would I be willing to sacrifice my summer plans to meet this unexpected need?" As I was about to leave my apartment to get a restaurant breakfast, God shouted at me to sit down and await the related phone call. The phone rang at once. Dr. Whelan (the chair of our summer MA program in Theology called to tell me that Prof. Corcoran had suddenly died in bed just as he was scheduled to teach an MA course in Pauline Theology. Dr. Whelan explained that the students were waiting and that I was the only available professor trained to teach that course without notice. I agreed to cancel my summer vacation plans and teach that course because I felt divinely called by my premonition to do so.

I've experienced several other manifestations of "the word of knowledge" () that didn't involve someone about to die.

As a hunter I understand why the guy still went hunting. It gets in your blood and you think about it all year just waiting for that hunting trip. Dudes have quit their jobs to go elk hunting because their boss wouldn’t let them take the week off!

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
OH yes the Lord has warned me of many things . THE LORD looks out for the lambs .
And one warning was steer clear of the RCC and emergent and liberal and prosperity gospel and many things .

amigo de christo

Sep 12, 2020
San angelo
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, sister, but remember also there are the warnings giving us the opportunity to avoid the calamity as well as warnings to simply be prepared to go through it because it is going to happen:

"And for that the dream was doubled unto Pharaoh twice; it is because the thing is established by God, and God will shortly bring it to pass." Gen. 41:32
Yes indeed my friend .

dev553344

Jul 14, 2020
USA
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Has God ever warned you that something bad was going to happen ahead of time?

If so, was it clear that it was God's voice?
Yes God has warned me of upcoming problems and injury. And sometimes it happened and other times it was avoided. But we are not to beleive every spirit. We are to try the spirits.

1 John 4

King James Version

4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world.

2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world.

HeartNSoul19

Jul 6, 2021
Washington DC
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
God can speak to us through spiritual text, or even through others. Many would say that God speaks to them everywhere in this same world that others might say they don't see God in... we all live in the same world and sometimes it can be a matter of perception or there can be differences in the words we might choose to describe the same reality, but ultimately we are all living the same human life more than we are different from one another.