What does the Bible say about psychic intuition?

• Welcome to Christian Forums, a Christian Forum that recognizes that all Christians are a work in progress.

You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

doctrox

Jun 11, 2019
global
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
To jessicaleks93:

Yes, I agree with your assessment that maybe it's the Holy Spirit. But what discerning person would entrust their eternal destiny to a mere "maybe"? There are only two choices: good vs. evil. The danger is that an unholy spirit can counterfeit the same manifestations, and end up leading you into eternal separation from the One True God (i.e. hell). If you do not have a relationship with the One True God, then by default you have one with the deceiver.

I know of what I speak, because I was once working with that deceiver, and am now working with the One True God. I saw that deceiver (Satan) do many "good" things in his overall plan of evil. Many times the One True God came to me in love and showed me the truth. But I was stubborn, entrenched in the "goodies" that the enemy was making manifest to me. IOW, I was hooked on the benefits of a lifestyle of sin, hooked on what I thought were my own abilities, and thus I refused to bend the knee to God. I tried everything to help myself (and my friends) get out of the misery and the attacks. Eventually, I learned the hard way about just how powerful an adversary Satan is.

I discovered there is only one way to get to the truth of a matter, one way to get rid of Satan's boys (demons), one way to come out victorious. And that is by standing on The Rock, that is, standing in the authority a follower of Christ has as a child of the Most High God. There is no other way. Demons will play with you, stroke you, laugh at you, and then destroy you if you try to wage any warfare in your own power. A believer, as a vessel of the Holy Spirit, keeps his vessel clean, because the Holy Spirit will not mediate for that person if he is living in willful sin. IOW, such a person is powerless in the face of these powerful creatures.

Buddha, Mohammad and the rest of the wannabee's are dead in their graves, meanwhile the resurrection of Jesus was witnessed by over 600 people - some of whom we know of by name today. Jesus is the Christ, the one anointed of God. So if you want to find out just who is floating your boat, plead the blood of Jesus over the situations that you are experiencing; you will undoubtedly find out rather quickly just who is behind the manifestations, whether friend or foe.

Satan has been around for millenia. He knows a lot about you. He knows a lot about your parents, your grandparents, your great grandparents. He knows a lot about how you spend your fun hour.

Your eternal destiny is on the line here. Do not muck around with your abilities (ala LSD, et al), as Satan will exploit you for your curiosity. Get onboard with the One True God and start waging successful spiritual warfare as you have been ordained to do.

DuckieLady said it this way:
You don't need to "hear" Him as much as you need to know Him.
So the key to getting all of this straight is to get yourself aligned with the One True God, and thus appropriate the proper Authority required to deal with such a powerful and deceptive adversary.

Last edited:

Big Boy Johnson

Sep 28, 2023
North America
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
You don't need to "hear" Him as much as you need to know Him.

If one does not hear what the Lord is saying in His Word... then they cannot know Him.

If one does not know what the Lord says in His Word, they cannot be led by the Holy Spirit.

John 17:3
And this is life eternal, that they might KNOW thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

Amos 3:3
Can two walk together, except they be agreed?

Jesus said the Holy Ghost would lead us in to ALL Truth (John 16:13),
and Jesus said God's Word IS Truth (John 17:17)

Romans 8:14
For those who are led by the Spirit of God are the children of God.

doctrox

Jun 11, 2019
global
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
If one does not hear what the Lord is saying in His Word... then they cannot know Him.

If one does not know what the Lord says in His Word, they cannot be led by the Holy Spirit.
Why, O why have you missed the gist, yet again?

Are you unaware of the literary technique i.e. the quotation marks around the word "hear"? The quotation marks are best understood as minimal pragmatic markers that block the stereotypical interpretation of the expression they enclose. They thereby indicate that some alternative interpretation ought to be inferred (but you're apparently not interested in such a conversation).

Meanwhile, jessicaleks93, DuckieLady and I are talking "apples", while you are talking oranges to yourself.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Jay Ross

friend of

Sep 22, 2018
B.C.
Faith
Christian
Country
Canada
I'm glad to hear of your conversion @jessicaleks93

I too was into the new age spirituality. Then Christ came into my life. Oh how great full I am for that. I would agree that the best place to start in your Christian walk is to read through the New Testament first. Very important. So please go through a gospel or two and then get into the epistles of Paul, which start off in Romans.

As far as your special ESP abilities go, we all have intuition or aka the "gut feeling". I believe this is permissible for us to exercise, just so long as we don't make an idol out of it. God gave us a brain for a reason. Lean more on God and His understanding rather than your (our) own is also how we walk the Christian walk.

Don't rush things. God's timing is perfect and sometimes we are tested and refined by God. As far as the new age stuff, just don't put any stock in it and you'll do fine. Remember that God's written word is absolute authority here. So when you do get a good knowledge of His word, your life will be guided by God's spirit sent to dwell in your heart. He will remind you of what you read in scripture and apply it to your life.

God bless and get reading!

Reactions: jessicaleks93

jessicaleks93

Jan 1, 2024
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Do you have any blood relatives, like a mother or grandmother that has these abilities? From what I've observed a 4 year old child inherited it from someone in your blood line. It is not a human trait from God. Do you know if they may have consulted an Ouija Board or held seances?

Sorry if you've already been asked. I have only read your post #1
Yes, my Dad has these abilities too and yes he is a practitioner in witchcraft, has been since before I was born and still is to this day, I've never been involved with him, he was out of my life at 5 years old.

jessicaleks93

Jan 1, 2024
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
Your concept of good doesn't line up with God's, and since you don't see evil, you're "good" with that. How does it stray?
Romans 1:21-32 Read it until it sticks. Evil never see's itself as evil; it seeks and lusts after recognition, it wants the whole stage and the power to take the bow, and praised for being unique, not realizing they're compromising God's glory.

When we become born again, the person we were and the lusts we possessed died on the cross with Jesus, like the thief on the cross with Jesus. That man lived to glorify himself through deceit, robbing God of His glory. Now his flesh was on the cross and he repented before Jesus desiring God's glory and rejecting his own body realizing that apart from Jesus, he amounted to nothing and worthy of death. Jesus pardoned him, and said "today, you will be in paradise with me.
How does my concept of good not line up with God's? I'm not saying what I read in Exodus 23-29 is particularly good or bad, I'm trying to make sense of what sounds like contradicting views. Christians are very against crystals, blood rituals, etc. Reading that chapters, thats exactly what is written, so it must have been good at one time, used in those specific ways as instructed in those chapters, at some point, it has gone astray, for those things to become evil, as per what Christians say.

jessicaleks93

Jan 1, 2024
Yorkshire
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I’m glad you don’t deny the Holy Spirit speaks to you.

By what means would he use to speak and what in you does he speak to?

How would you know it was him speaking to you?
Well I don't know its him speaking to me, hence my question, could it be? Ive never know exactly who speaks to me, but its always warnings, good information to help me, never bad, whatsoever, so I know its not a bad person, spirit or anything, so yeah it could be the holy ghost

keithr

Dec 4, 2020
Dorset
Faith
Christian
Country
United Kingdom
I'm not saying what I read in Exodus 23-29 is particularly good or bad, I'm trying to make sense of what sounds like contradicting views. Christians are very against crystals, blood rituals, etc. Reading that chapters, thats exactly what is written, so it must have been good at one time, used in those specific ways as instructed in those chapters, at some point, it has gone astray, for those things to become evil, as per what Christians say.
If you would like to better understand the meaning of all the things used in the tabernacle, the priest's clothing, etc., as described in Exodus 23-29 (and other books and chapters), then I recommend reading Tabernacle Shadows of the "Better Sacrifices".

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
How does my concept of good not line up with God's? I'm not saying what I read in Exodus 23-29 is particularly good or bad, I'm trying to make sense of what sounds like contradicting views. Christians are very against crystals, blood rituals, etc. Reading that chapters, thats exactly what is written, so it must have been good at one time, used in those specific ways as instructed in those chapters, at some point, it has gone astray, for those things to become evil, as per what Christians say.
The real question is - what do you say knowing God is the judge of that?

Writer

Jan 18, 2024
Post Falls
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
i dont know thats why im asking
Jessica,

"There is a way that seems godly to a man, but the end thereof is death and destruction".

Don't follow practices that "SEEM" godly. Don't follow spirits that "SEEM" Holy. "...even if an angel comes to you and preaches a different Gospel, LET HIM BE ACCURSED"!

Fast from reading books written by men and women in need of money. Get in the word of God. Read Matthew, Mark, Luke and John. Pay careful attention to everything Jesus in those books. His walk, His talk, His words, His practices, especially His prayer time, His conversations, His miracles, His suffering, His death and especially His resurection. When you get off your fast, ask the Lord to reach out to you the way He reached out to the prophets and all the saints, and walk in a manner you can believe pleases your Lord and Savior. Get rid of your doubts.

Starise

Dec 8, 2023
Christiana
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Yes, my Dad has these abilities too and yes he is a practitioner in witchcraft, has been since before I was born and still is to this day, I've never been involved with him, he was out of my life at 5 years old.
So this is a concern even though you haven't been involved with him. There can be attachments.

doctrox

Jun 11, 2019
global
Faith
Christian
Country
United States
Christians are very against crystals, blood rituals, etc. Reading that chapters, thats exactly what is written, so it must have been good at one time, used in those specific ways as instructed in those chapters, at some point, it has gone astray, for those things to become evil, as per what Christians say.
Absolutely correct. But all of that is worthless if one does not have the ultimate power residing within i.e. God's Holy Spirit. Folks have always wanted the power without the requisite submission, which is the essence of witchcraft. The authority of God is not a talisman that can be merely appropriated at will. Also, know that most "Christians" haven't a clue about any abilities outside of their own five senses.

Further, God never said witchcraft didn't work; he said don't use it. For example, Catholics don't believe in abortion, which most think is a righteous stance. But the reason why they don't abort is not because God says it's wrong, but because their pope says it's wrong. So, for Catholics, avoiding abortion will not be counted as a righteous act by God because they're doing it in obedience to the wrong master.

Well I don't know its him speaking to me, hence my question, could it be? Ive never know exactly who speaks to me...
Think about it; who would risk the consequences of doing any thing, without first having a relationship with the one who is speaking?

I'm a deliverance minister and I've dealt with many who were in the same sitch as you. They had relatives who brought that spirit into their home, ignorantly or otherwise, and since it had been given a legal right to be there, it will remain there generationally in the family line until someone under authority of the Most High God casts it out. Meanwhile, they remain indulged and spellbound by the apparent whiz-bang theatrics of a deceiver.

Don't continue to get sucked in by the lure of the apparent "abilities" you seem to possess. There is no power you can effectively appropriate to your benefit without a relationship with the One True God. All else is pageantry and deception and will lead you into hell. So if you're sincere about walking in true liberty and assuring your eternal destiny, then you'd do well to ASK, i.e. humbly approach the One True God and ASK him if he is for real, ASK him what his plan is for you, ASK him what you need to do to ensure that you arrive at the time and place he has appointed for you.

This will be my final post here, unless you wish to continue the dialogue.

Last edited: